Forum › Collectors discussion

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

huh isn't the guy-looking-friend the married one ? I thought the-other-friend with light hair is not married.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"Well, guess I'll go have a drink with that guy I just met."
That and the earlier page, did that just imply what I think it did? That casually?
That is not a pleasant train of thought to go down at the start of a day.

Well, I don't know if I'd take it that seriously. I doubt she was going to go sleep with him or anything, just hang out and chat in a public place. Which, indeed, is all you see happening on the splash page.

I think it's interesting that the other people at the conference know about Shinobu's relationship even though she doesn't let on to her students. They seem to take it pretty casually, which fits with the overall tone of the series.

Yeah, I just mean the setup that a married woman goes on a trip with her friends and just starts flirting with guys at a bar while lying about it
And her friends are just "yeah, whatever"

The one who stays back and talks on the phone is married. The blonde isn't. Shinobu and Takako, they're definitely married.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's interesting, neither of the characters' names are used in the first chapter.

Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

"I only got to wear it outside for an hour or so, on the trip.. to.... her....... apartment.............."

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

> "I only got to wear it outside for an hour or so, on the trip.. to.... her....... apartment.............."

Hahaha. I love it when Takako does that. Makes her friends so embarrassed too. Hehe.

Av
joined Jun 7, 2013

This endearing couple is really HNNGG worthy. Despite their differences, you just know they are perfect for each other.

Screen%20shot%202014-09-27%20at%2012.20.44%20am
joined Mar 5, 2012

That's interesting, neither of the characters' names are used in the first chapter.

The blonde doesn't even have a name -- besides being called "The Other One". Haha. Erica from Okazu was (is?) collecting suggestions of what names to give to the blonde, and send them to Uko. http://okazu.yuricon.com/2013/02/14/yuri-manga-collectors-volume-1-%E3%82%B3%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AF%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA%EF%BC%89/

The black-haired woman is Naomi.

last edited at Dec 19, 2013 7:52AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Are married Japanese men afflicted by some unknown disease to me? It looks to me that they seemingly cannot procure their own sustenance. This isn't the first time I've seen a woman call her husband "did you forget to eat?"

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Are married Japanese men afflicted by some unknown disease to me? It looks to me that they seemingly cannot procure their own sustenance. This isn't the first time I've seen a woman call her husband "did you forget to eat?"

I thought she was just ringing her hubby out of general concern or just to talk to him. He could be a busy busy salary-man who does forget to eat. It's not that uncommon.

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

I absolutely adore the last page of every chapter. Specially ch 10 ;___;

joined Mar 30, 2012

Oh so cute, especially the recent chapters

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Still the cutest.

joined Feb 15, 2013

The pairing of this manga is moe as heck, despite having non-moe art...

The best yuri pairing AND yuri manga to be honest. With the best hetero wing woman friend too

last edited at Feb 12, 2014 6:03PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Ah that was a nice yuri fix. <3

joined Mar 23, 2013

Man they are so loveable this main couple.

So many fun moments in these chapters

That guy "I just look at the cover I Swear!".

He's accepting of the MCs relationship too, considering where he comes from that's pretty cool. But he looks like the type of guy that doesn't take life too seriously, I think it balances her wife which is more serious. Obviously he needs to be careful not to anger his wife she can get quite feisty haha!

I have to say though, that whole getting dressed up for a phone call... Do people know anyone who does that?

But I have to say... about that meeting, wearing good clothes so they don't pull a fast one on you. Definitely counterintuitive when you first think about it, but then it makes a lot of sense.

It's also amazing how insecure she is though, I wouldn't want to let go of her ever, still she doubts her value.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

This is one of those series that I would never want to see an end, in more ways than one.
The two are really gentle with each other, even if they are quarreling or simply doing what they love, and doing their love.
And someone sure did get jelly. I wish that the author focuses on the girl with a somewhat curly hair. It would really be interesting to see.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ugh these two are too cute. I always look forward to these chapters. They make me crave for more. I like getting to know the background of the characters so it was really nice to see Takako's. Also, I'm not surprised that Shinobou didn't recognize Takako after she changed her hair haha. It's pretty different and hair basically defines how someone looks in anime/manga lol.

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

dat kiss in the dress room is sooo sweet

20572_311167636941_6582597_n
joined Apr 22, 2013

Seeing Shinobu lost in her fretting while Takako is standing right there glaring at her made me laugh out loud. That dressing room kiss was a sly move. Way to go Takako! :D

These two are ridiculously adorable as ever.

joined Feb 23, 2014

IKR!!!!! this series draws you in with the type of relationship they have. :P Totes loving it ;) <3 <3 <3 <3 <3.............

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

might as well dye my hair ?
lol what am I saying.
I guess I'm an analog person ?

Kikyou%20x%20kana
joined Oct 31, 2013

Takako is nice with dark hair. But still i love her dyed hair better XD

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

I can't believe she dyed her hair just for a tea ceremony. o_o She better dye it back soon, I liked her dyed hair better, too.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I love the "Cute everything" checkbox.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i like this manga but tbh the constant going back to nagging about their "hobbies" is getting a bit overused. not to mention they have like no faith in each other or their relationship if takako is really too scared to just dress like herself without fear of her partner "forgetting" about her or w/e excuse she gave. and if they were really in as deep of a relationship as the author tries to show, after all this time they would not be nagging about all the books and clothes anymore. it feels more like the author just doesn't have anything else for them to say, so keeps going back to that.

i like this manga and these chars but i've never liked characters in insecure relationships. if there's a REAL legitimate reason for it, like they CHEATED on you, then it's understandable, but shinobu has done nothing since they got together (that we know of) to really warrant her insecurity. all i can say is at least it's not shoujou level of insecurity. "oh my god he hasn't looked at me in the last 5 minutes he must hate me!!'

To reply you must either login or sign up.