Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

I wasn't expecting to enjoy a Koyomi chapter so much but it ended up being surprisingly gay.

It actually was the opposite, Koyomi had a crush on the author because she thought she was a man. After discovering it's a woman her crush disappered but she realised the person behind the books is the same, and that her admiration for them would never vanish regardless of gender. At the she found a new motivation thanks to that.

Now I want a semi-sequel to this centered on Koyomi becoming an author and having an age-gap romance with Renma-sensei.

This would be great, not gonna happen sadly.

last edited at Aug 30, 2017 2:05PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

zensunni posted:

Chapter 25: An excellent side-story chapter about Koyomi meeting her favorite author and discovering that SHE uses a masculine pen name. In the long run, I think it might provide even more motivation for her. After all, now she doesn't just have an author she admires, but a living, breathing role model who is "living the dream" as a woman writing best selling novels in a genre that, from the sounds of it, is dominated by men in Japan. (I would guess that is the reason for the pen name or was when she started.)

Yeah I wasn't expecting a Koyomi episode but it was great, and Maki teasing her was really fun

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I wasn't expecting to enjoy a Koyomi chapter so much but it ended up being surprisingly gay.

It actually was the opposite, Koyomi had a crush on the author because she thought she was a man. After discovering it's a woman her crush disappered but she realised the person behind the books is the same, and that her admiration for them would never vanish regardless of gender. At the she found a new motivation thanks to that.

Now I want a semi-sequel to this centered on Koyomi becoming an author and having an age-gap romance with Renma-sensei.

This would be great, not gonna happen sadly.

Thinking a person was a man when your thinking you're straight isn't actually a sign that you're not gay. Koyomi's inner thoughts leave it ambiguous as to whether she still has any lingering crush feelings despite Renma being a woman and it becomes more about her pride as a writer.

It could go either way is what I'm saying. It is quite possible that Nakatani might be writing from an experience she had since I believe (?) that Koyomi is the character that was loosely based on herself. (Can't recall who or when this was reported.)

And you're right, it is not going to happen. :[

last edited at Aug 30, 2017 3:07PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Uhh didn't she just indirectly tell Maki she is rewriting the script in her text by accident?

Now that she's (almost, when she talks to Maki) done, I don't think it's supposed to be ultra-top secret--they had previously mentioned the possibility of revising the ending in Chap. 20. Koyomi and Yuu are a little worried about how the others will take having to learn a whole new ending, but minor rewrites to a (new, original) script are standard procedure in the theatre right up to opening night, and sometimes beyond.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Very!! good!! chapter!!
I love the fact that she now has a motive for becoming an author. Lovely stuff!

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

A good side yuri in a good yuri manga.

Someone punch me :P

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Renma-sensei looks badass. :-)

Sorry, not into that kind of play.

last edited at Aug 30, 2017 4:27PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Maybe she thought "What a babe! Good thing all the other girls from my school didn't come to this - they're a bunch of lesbians, that lot. They'd be drooling all over her."

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

It could go either way is what I'm saying. It is quite possible that Nakatani might be writing from an experience she had since I believe (?) that Koyomi is the character that was loosely based on herself. (Can't recall who or when this was reported.)

Yup. Nakatani said Koyomi is her self-insert in this interview: https://pastebin.com/mv1p5Dja

Would be really interesting if this chapter is actually based on her own experience.

And you're right, it is not going to happen. :[

I don't expect several chapters focusing on Koyomi's story, but I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get a special chapter that gives us a glimpse of what happens afterwards (whether she'll make it far in the writing contest or not & whether they'll see each other again)

Uhh didn't she just indirectly tell Maki she is rewriting the script in her text by accident?

It's not Sayaka or Touko, so she's good. Can't wait for their reactions when school starts again.

last edited at Aug 30, 2017 5:37PM

joined Jul 29, 2017

An excellent story
Where a crush was kind of Crushed, Koyomi just suffered as some of us have experience, that particular situation, when we have meet our favorite authors or heroes for the first time. We have these ideas in our mind but they get modified when we find out our heroes or authors are human. There were a lot of women writers who used men names to be able to publish back in them days.

This is an excellent story, I am hoping for a side story about Yuu's friend Akari the sport jock, and about her favorite Sempai. in the basketball club. Now we enter the second semester of the high school and see what develops with the modified student counsel play

I am definitely got some side names for the

Yuu: the romantic
Akari the Jock
Yokomi the writer

Now waiting for the next chapter.............the story continues...........

"The course of true love never did run smooth "........William Shakespeare

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Kind of a filler chapter, although I did like the yuri vibe between Koyomi and the writer.
It resonates quite well with Touko's background and the play script. Essentially Koyomi got her own experience of having expectations based on someone's acts that do not match the reality.

In other words, Koyomi | Protagonist | Touko
sees the author | herself | herself
based on author's books | memories of protagonist friends | expectations of people surrounding her.
But in reality Koyomi | Protagonist | Touko
finds the author | herself | herself
to be a lot different.

This impacts Koyomi to become better at what she wants to be in the future. So I assume the same happens to Protagonist and Touko.
The realisation to the Protagonist will come through the nurse. To Touko through the Play changed by Yuu.

All of this was kinda established already in chapter 23 though, which is why I found the chapter to be more of a filler.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I am so excited for the play to start. There's no guarantee of how things will end, but the one certainty is that shit is going to go down. It's really, really impressive how complex Nakatani has made all of the characters, Yuu and Touko especially, how real they feel. They make choices which aren't always expected and which don't follow standard routes. That's not true for many characters, who are defined not by who they can be but by their designated role in pre-set circumstances.

Wasn't expecting a chapter on Koyomi, but it was cute. The plot twist could be seen a mile away, however. :p Seems like they're all growing up. What Koyomi said about proving her admiration was more than a childish crush stuck out to me for that reason.

In regard to ending speculation, the one thing I'm sure of is a full resolution will take time. Because the play's contents haven't been revealed, it's hard to say how everybody will react to it. But I expect anything which forces Touko to confront the emptiness inside her will receive backlash. Actually have no idea what the time line is for the beginning of the second semester to the school festival, haven't paid enough attention to that oops. If there's still a decent amount of time before the play is performed, I imagine Touko may come to accept the idea of being herself. If there isn't much time, things will probably get messy. Yuu stands at the center of all this as the person who pushed this change on to Touko, accepted her weaknesses, and brings out the one aspect of Touko which she believes is fully her own. Touko's third confrontation with Yuu (the first being the river scene, the second at Yuu's house) will show just how far along she can go in accepting herself and Yuu's love. I feel like the climax is going to be that third confrontation, initiated either by the revised play or by Yuu confessing. Or maybe that's just how I want everything to go. :p I am hopeful in the end for a more mature Touko and a healthier, re-built relationship between the two.

No idea how Sayaka will affect things. She loves a Touko which isn't real. I hope she finds a way to break out of her stasis too.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

No idea how Sayaka will affect things. She loves a Touko which isn't real. I hope she finds a way to break out of her stasis too.

Sayaka is very perceptive so she'll probably get suspicious that Yuu is up to something when Koyomi tells everyone about the revised script. I imagine that she might confront Yuu before Touko does & maybe even start getting protective of Touko? & then we'll get to witness the catfight of the century. Maybe.

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

Sayaka is very perceptive so she'll probably get suspicious that Yuu is up to something when Koyomi tells everyone about the revised script. I imagine that she might confront Yuu before Touko does & maybe even start getting protective of Touko? & then we'll get to witness the catfight of the century. Maybe.

Don't forget that Yuu and Touko have matching phone pendants too, but maybe they won't use them at school to avoid suspicions.
Bitchfight between Yuu and Sayaka would be awesome, all that tension in chapter 22...let it explode

last edited at Aug 30, 2017 8:18PM

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Don't forget that Yuu and Touko have matching phone pendants too, but maybe they won't use them at school to avoid suspicions.
Bitchfight between Yuu and Sayaka would be awesome, all that tension in chapter 22...let it explode

I said this last chapter. There is no way between Sayaka, Maki, and the other guy noone notices it. I could see the other guy just blurting it out same as with the first name thing. Maki might be subtle about it but Sayaka would definitely become passive aggressive about it with questioning and upset over it. It would be kind of a shame though if it gets over looked completely.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Come on, try it, you might like it ;)

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I said this last chapter. There is no way between Sayaka, Maki, and the other guy noone notices it. I could see the other guy just blurting it out same as with the first name thing. Maki might be subtle about it but Sayaka would definitely become passive aggressive about it with questioning and upset over it. It would be kind of a shame though if it gets over looked completely.

What I'm most worried about is that Sayaka will hold Touko back from trying to became anything other than what she is now. She is the number one enabler of Touko's obsession with becoming someone else. It's true there's no way she's not going to react, and it's going to influence how Touko feels about everything. I'm sort of just hoping by the time everything blows up, Touko will find Yuu is more important to her, or something. I want a happy ending damn it.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Well if you insist.. Pulls out the brass knuckles and nail covered baseball bat. :)

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Well if you insist.. Pulls out the brass knuckles and nail covered baseball bat. :)

I have a crowbar if ya need it.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Well i knew there were psychopaths roaming in the dark corners of this site. Finally showed their faces now.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

[Sayaka] is the number one enabler of Touko's obsession with becoming someone else.

That's true, but while there is something self-serving about Sayaka's strategy of pretending to be fooled by Touko's public persona, there's no indication that she's doing anything but supporting what she thinks Touko wants. And she has indeed been snippy when she thinks Yuu is overstepping her kouhai bounds, but that seems like simple low-level former-#1-friend jealousy.

If Touko's initial reaction to [whatever falls out because of the play/Yuu's hypothetical confession] is distress and rejection, Sayaka very well could turn out to be fiercely protective of the "old" Touko. But I don't think she's an inherently toxic person, (rather the opposite, in fact), and even though I'm not particularly fond of the character, I'd be disappointed if we get a full-on Dark Sayaka emotional meltdown.

last edited at Aug 31, 2017 11:39AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

[Sayaka] is the number one enabler of Touko's obsession with becoming someone else.

That's true, but while there is something self-serving about Sayaka's strategy of pretending to be fooled by Touko's public persona, there's no indication that she's doing anything but supporting what she thinks Touko wants. And she has indeed been snippy when she thinks Yuu is overstepping her kouhai bounds, but that seems like simple low-level former-#1-friend jealousy.

If Touko's initial reaction to [whatever falls out because of the play/Yuu's hypothetical confession] is distress and rejection, Sayaka very well could turn out to be fiercely protective of the "old" Touko. But I don't think she's an inherently toxic person, (rather the opposite, in fact), and even though I'm not particularly fond of the character, I'd be disappointed if we get a full-on Dark Sayaka emotional meltdown.

I don't think we'll get a Dark Sayaka meltdown either, or that she is inherently toxic. I'll admit I don't read her character closely and I haven't read the older chapters in a while, but how I see it is that even though she does think she has Touko's best interests at heart, the current state of affairs also fills one of her insecurities. My general impression of her has always been that she is content to stay as they are because it is what feels safest. She can love Touko without being rejected, and without fearing she'll lose her due to other reasons either.

I can definitely see the first scenario you postulated happening, with her becoming protective of the old Touko, but what I imagine would happen eventually, assuming Touko chooses to step in a new direction, is that Sayaka would be/feel left in the dust. From my foggy memories of the entire manga, I do do not recall feeling Sayaka wanted to change, her relationships or herself. I do distinctly remember an instance when she was thinking to herself that she would always be there for Touko in her weak moments or something like that, as if Touko would always remain the same. The bulk of Touko's deepest feelings are unknown to her, and so if it all comes out and Touko choose to change in such a dramatic way, it's going to throw her off. She might be mature about it and take some time to digest before moving on with her own life while staying friends with Touko, or she might be more emotionally vicious. Based on what we have seen so far, I think the former is more likely. I don't recall her ever striking out at anyone, the most snubbing she ever did being grabbing onto Touko pointedly when her ex asked her if she was "normal" again. But to an extent, I think she will be quietly devastated at least momentarily.

Either way, the impact she could have on Touko's choice would be before all of that has any chance to happen, during Touko's initial reaction to the play/Yuu's confession/whatever catalyst blows everything up. She has an investment in the current Touko, one that goes beyond merely thinking it's best for her. So for as long as she can believe this is what Touko wants or needs, her conviction could influence Touko, just as she has always propped up Touko in the past.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

https://youtu.be/JohoCyOiT1A

Can somebody check who are the VAs for this PV?

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

According to this Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/yagakimi/ ), which has a source link to a news release article, they're:

Cast:
:: Hisako Kanemoto (Akuma no Riddle's Haru Ichinose, Kokoro Connect's Yui Kiriyama, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry's Toka Todou) as Yuu Koito.
:: Minako Kotobuki (Hibike! Euphonium's Asuka Tanaka, K-On!'s Tsumugi Kotobuki, Nanatsu no Taizai's Viviann) as Touko Nanami.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Hisako Kanemoto as Yuu and Minako Kotobuki as Touko.

It's actually written in the video description - look for CV references.

last edited at Sep 2, 2017 5:36AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.