Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I am liking Yuu with Sayaka more and more.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

OH MY GODDDDDD, HYPE. This is going to get good.

I respect Sayaka even more now.

Thank goodness there was no drama. (Not that it would make sense for Nakatani to add any in.)

More thoughts after my midterm is finished.

I have no idea how things will end but I'm still hopeful and at this point I completely trust Nakatani to take us on the ride.

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

Huh, Yuu mentioned Sayaka said she wondered how would it be if Touko stopped acting like her sister, when did Sayaka say that? In chapter 14 it was Yuu who wondered that and Sayaka was the one who replied with "I don't think that's Touko's goal"

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

Man this is hyping up so much, i already loved how Sayaka handled her ex on the special, but now i can say i definitely like her character a lot, even if im still rooting for YuuxTouko. I cant wait for the train wreck thats been building up inside Touko.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Damn I keep forgetting how good a writer the author is for this and that you just can't apply standard expectation for what real happen in this story. So it is Yuu's actions that finally reveal her to Sayaka and make Sayaka no longer able to deny what she already knew. Then she straight out confronts Yuu admits her feelings but not in a catfight or combative way but instead stepping to the side. Instead letting Yuu do what she herself was never able to bring herself to. Now did Yuu take her declaration of love as love as a friend or in a romantic way is my question? I don't want the series to end but at the same time I really want see it's ending.

edit: I can't wait to see what happens now with the next time Touko is alone with Yuu or how her attitude is toward ehr going forward. Thing is with this author you just can't make any assumptions.

I dunno why we are suddenly putting stuff in spoilers for a released chapter..

last edited at Sep 28, 2017 11:35AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

The triangle has turned on its head

Huh, Yuu mentioned Sayaka said she wondered how would it be if Touko stopped acting like her sister, when did Sayaka say that? In chapter 14 it was Yuu who wondered that and Sayaka was the one who replied with "I don't think that's Touko's goal"

It's a slight TL mistake. I checked the raw & what Yuu said was "Mae ni hanashitajanai desu ka" which has no subject, so it's more accurate to TL it to "We talked about this before, didn't we?" based on the context of ch 14.

joined Apr 6, 2017

I still don't know how to put spoiler tags here so if someone can tell me it would be nice.
/spoiler/
I'm not sure why Sayaka asked Yuu if she likes Touko. It seemed she finally gave up and kind of accepted the idea of Touko and Yuu liking each other, but that question feels like she either really hasn't or just wanted a confirmation of what she suspected after realising Yuu's true motives for changing the script. Her confessing her feelings to Yuu feel like an explanation to her about why she agreed to do the new script rather than something love rival-related.

I think she has known for a long time but been in denial because what it would mean if she admitted ti to herself. She simply hit a point where she just couldn't justify doing that anymore.

joined Apr 6, 2017

It's a slight TL mistake. I checked the raw & what Yuu said was "Mae ni hanashitajanai desu ka" which has no subject, so it's more accurate to TL it to "We talked about this before, didn't we?" based on the context of ch 14.

Man, the dialog in this series is so intricate that even the slightest translation errors can have significant repercussions. It really is amazing how well written it is.

joined Jul 17, 2016

Fucking japanese people and their obsession with omitting pronouns. I remember the lack of pronouns caused a slightly different translation in some early chapter too

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

This chapter effectively clears the decks for a big finale (the performance of the play and Touko's response to it), but I almost wish there had been some plot twist or emotional puzzle for us to chew over for a month while we're waiting to find out what happens next.

Well, there's one thing that's been on my mind: the possibility of Touko's suicide. I kinda doubt this is the route the story is taking, but damn, her emotional & mental state right now is so unstable, if you just consider her character alone without the whole picture of the story, she honestly is someone who is at the brink of doing it.

Now did Yuu take her declaration of love as love as a friend or in a romantic way is my question?

Since Yuu brought up the question of "Is it that kind of like?" before in chap 14 & their entire conversation this chapter has been alluding back to that conversation, I think they both understood the kind of love Sayaka was talking about.

I dunno why we are suddenly putting stuff in spoilers for a released chapter..

Me neither, but if everyone wants to make this a thing, why not, I guess?

last edited at Sep 28, 2017 11:52AM

joined Jul 17, 2016

Urr suicide, rape and that stuff are very delicate themes, if they aren't handled well fans won't react well. I trust Nakatani's writing but I'm not sure if she'll put some like attemptting suicide here

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

it's more accurate to TL it to "We talked about this before, didn't we?" based on the context of ch 14.

That was my guess (ignorant as I am of the Japanese language), because the wording echoed in both scenes is: "if that day came," a phrase which both Yuu and Sayaka think simultaneously in Chap. 14, and then each finishes the thought in their own way.

The way this series uses verbal echoes and visual callbacks to tighten the connections in the story is extremely impressive, but it kinda makes me dread the next time we see a train hurtling down the tracks.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

im staring to wonder is this well ever end XD

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Well, there's one thing that's been on my mind: the possibility of Touko's suicide. I kinda doubt this is the route the story is taking, but damn, her emotional & mental state right now is so unstable, if you just consider her character alone without the whole picture of the story, she honestly is someone who is at the brink of doing it.

Although neither of them mentions it, that's what I think both Yuu and Sayaka are trying to prevent, either consciously or unconsciously. Sayaka felt up until now that simply being beside Touko would be enough, while Yuu has seen the damage and self-hate Touko is inflicting on herself and has more fear of what might happen if action isn't taken. We as readers have seen that Touko has placed herself in a position of having nothing to live for once she completes what she sees as her sister's goal, and right now without that reason to live she almost certainly won't. Thus this play, which Touko seems to have bound up with her own identity, may be a vital tipping point one way or another.

last edited at Sep 28, 2017 12:15PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Yet another masterful chapter! Yuu CANNOT, under any circumstances, allow herself to utter the phrase, "Yes, I love her" about Touko aloud. Regardless of how true it is, she cannot allow that truth to be heard, so she cannot truthfully answer Sayaka's question. Now, of course, she is going to feel like she is at risk of loosing her once Touko realizes that Sayaka has feelings for her. I expect that she is already starting to wonder if Touko hasn't started falling out of love with her and falling for her best friend instead... I really can't wait for more!

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I just want Sayaka to be happy by the end of this manga. T_T
Have her own spin off or something in case she really gets friend-zoned

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

This is very much an act of love! It goes without words really. You love someone so much you won't sit by and watch them self destruct further, which Sayaka seemed content with. I was really proud of Sayaka for not siding with Touko though. She really does want to see that change. Unfortunately more often than not people don't make that change for themselves. I love this manga so much and I'm hoping we get this play on the road! I don't mind how slow the pacing is compared to other yuri works but I'm dying to see how this plays out

joined Apr 6, 2017

It really is something. Sayaka was never able to be brave enough to risk losing the one she loves to save the one she loves. Yuu is though willing to do it and Sayaka realizes this and that the only thing she can do is leave saving Touko in Yuu's hands and not get in the way. Such masterful writing.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I almost feel a bit silly saying this, maybe a bit biased too, but I believe this is factually a literary masterpiece, especially for what manga can usually accomplish.

Silly Mizu, we all know that the only literary masterpiece there is in the yuri genre is the Yuri Mekuru series.

Humble angel Yuu

Yes.

joined Jul 29, 2017

From the skies over France of 1918 and the skies over the Philippines of 1945, I come back to Tohmi East high school, Japan, where a human drama is being unfolded, this author is great!!. It seems that Yuu and Sayaka have joined forces in a way, to HELP Touko to go past her fears and her PTSD and find her real self. I think there is a fear and even Touko has mention before, what happens after the play is over? What directions does he life takes after she completes what her sister could not do, before fate intervene . The new lines that Yuu say are of interest, could it be a message from Yuu, (I'D BE SAD TO LOSE YOU ) that she will be with her no matter what happens? As she mention long time ago, she does not want to fall in love with the weak and strong side. Probably she has seen something in the middle .About Sayaka , I feel for her, but somebody had to come from the outside (Yuu) to say what needed to be said, she might not like it, but this could be the help for Touko. So now Sayaka and Yuu know where they stand in this Hot mess!. Now we see that Touko is not happy with the latest developments, that Sayaka did not agree with her. and wanted to use the new play. Boy I did not expect this, but we might be in a crazy ride of emotions, passions and self discovery and maybe a flare up here and there.

Cant wait for the next chapter.........

.....the course of true love never did run smooth..........William Shakespeare

......The Lady (Touko) doth protest to much, me think.... William Shakespeare

joined Jul 29, 2017

Gudetamago
This is a masterpiece, I was reading two other stories and I dropped them ! to follow this one, it caught my attention and I really love it. I love the story ,the characters, it makes me reflect some times about what has happened in my life when it comes down to relations with others. Brings back memories of those events. Some good and some not so good. But were are human.

........The course of true love never did run smooth.......William Shakespeare

joined Jul 17, 2016

I agree with Mizusi and ^ . But my full veredict will be after the story is complete. So far so great but it all depends on the ending, great stories can go to shit because of a bad end. Hopefully it will be a happy end ;w;

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Great chapter.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Thank goodness there was no drama. (Not that it would make sense for Nakatani to add any in.)

I am massively frustrated at how modern internet has perverted the classic literary terms. "Drama" is what this manga is all about -- the best kind of drama in fact, the believable, human, character-driven one. Please don't say that this manga has "no drama" when you, in fact, mean "melodrama" and "poorly written and unnecessary complications".

Even if the thought enters her silly young head, she has two very committed women in her life who would keep her from it. As I said earlier, the girl is lucky AF.

I almost feel a bit silly saying this, maybe a bit biased too, but I believe this is factually a literary masterpiece, especially for what manga can usually accomplish.

Silly Mizu, we all know that the only literary masterpiece there is in the yuri genre is the Yuri Mekuru series.

This.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I am massively frustrated at how modern internet has perverted the classic literary terms. "Drama" is what this manga is all about -- the best kind of drama in fact, the believable, human, character-driven one. Please don't say that this manga has "no drama" when you, in fact, mean "melodrama" and "poorly written and unnecessary complications".

Eeeyy. I'm not really as bothered by people using drama to denote melodrama as much since I know what they mean (it's kinda like the deal with font & typeface in the graphic design world), but yeah, I agree that YagaKimi is indeed drama & the best kind at that.

Even if the thought enters her silly young head, she has two very committed women in her life who would keep her from it. As I said earlier, the girl is lucky AF.

She is indeed one lucky gal. I want a Yuu to care for me too.

last edited at Sep 29, 2017 3:33AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.