Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

If possible, could there be implementation of some sort of feature to give reasons for why we suggest to add or remove a tag.

I feel it would help taggers understand were the other party is coming from.

Also, this is kind of a side note, but sometimes tags are rejected seemingly without merit, and while i don't mean to challenge dynasty's powers, an explanation would be most appreciated.

Also, being able to remove tags while they're still pending, it would be nice to lessen the burden on the staff from my mistakes that I make and realise only a couple seconds later. ( ´∀`);

last edited at Jul 26, 2017 11:19PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

If possible, could there be implementation of some sort of feature to give reasons for why we suggest to add or remove a tag.

I feel it would help taggers understand were the other party is coming from.

Also, this is kind of a side note, but sometimes tags are rejected seemingly without merit, and while i don't mean to challenge dynasty's powers, an explanation would be most appreciated.

Yes, I second this, I'd really prefer that when a tag request is rejected that an explanation is given. Just a simple brief short sentence, unless the tag request is completely irrelevant to the doujin then you shouldn't have to explain why.

last edited at Jul 27, 2017 8:24PM

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Hey guys look! SF and I can still be friends. (☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

U bet we can ᕕ(■ ͟ل͜■)ᕗ

My discord tag is SF#6429 feel free to add me

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

This is probably not the best thing to ask here because it's either a) a joke or b) drama lying in wait, but I have to ask: what happened between you two to make you enemies anyway? I thought I had successfully kept up with all the drama in these here parts (cough8chancough), but it seems like I've failed in this life goal of mine. Maybe I should start frequenting the Discord... I'm sure I'll find some more drama there.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Minutoh posted:

what happened between you two to make you enemies anyway?

Enjoy

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Minutoh posted:

what happened between you two to make you enemies anyway?

Enjoy

Ah, yes, I remember that exchange... I willed myself into not participating in the conversation last month and now I'm tempted to again... but I won't, I might like "drama" and all, but I wouldn't go so far as to bring up old news again and stir shit when there's no need to... (I mean, it's not really that old, but you get my drift).

last edited at Jul 28, 2017 1:42PM

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Meh, I just wanted it to be a conversation between people with differing opinions, but some people turned it sort of into an attack on the male fantasy of something.

The improvement forum isn't the best place to discuss this though. XD

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Also, another suggestion, a tag for Lewd whenever girls are holding hands, to use in images. It would be nice to have a hand holding tag, but it would also be nice to have some more funny tags for dynasty, and this seems like a good way to kill two metaphorical birds with one stone.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
The NSFW tag already exists, and believe it : it fits.
The Insane amount of sexone works too. :P

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

insane amount of sex is hilarious too, and blargh201 was a genius for suggesting it, I'm just saying that it would be nice to have something specific for "Yuri Sex"

Plus, the idea that this site could have an Ecchi, NSFW, moderate amount of sex, lots of sex, insane amount of sex, and possibly a lewd tag, doesn't it make you even more proud to be part of this amazing wonderfully gay website?

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'd like to suggest a separate tag for Nanoha x Fate doujins that feature Vivio, i.e. Nanoha x Fate x Vivio. Vivio's presence is a paradigm shift for the stories she's in, so it'd be nice to have a tag for her, even if she's not being paired with anyone.

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

I found an odd thing:

There is an author listed by the name "Natsu Matsuri". They have two Mai-HiME doujins attributed to them: "Sleep" and "Summer Festival".

In a discussion for "Sleep", a user made the suggestion that the author name was in fact "Natsu Matsuri" (based on a style similarity), so I guess it wasn't put as such, or the story wasn't attributed them earlier (before Feb 2015)?

Translating the story name "Summer Festival" you get "夏祭り", romanized "Natsu Matsuri".

So as I see it, "Natsu Matsuri" or "Summer Festival" is only the story's title and the author is actually not stated (and isn't "Natsu Matsuri"). This fits with the theme of the story, so I find it likely. This is also the way the story is listed on Baka-Updates (that is, unknown author).

What do you think?

last edited at Aug 12, 2017 12:24PM

joined Apr 2, 2011

The recent Minamoto Hisanari oneshots "Princess eat the apple!" and "Me and You and Her Sofa" are part of an anthology called "Yuridori midori" (or some such) / "ゆりどりみどり" (on Baka-Updates; on Amazon.co.jp).

One should probably expect any following Minamoto Hisanari works scanlated by Tabunne Scans to also be from this anthology. Stories have also been released in the order they appear in the book.

last edited at Aug 14, 2017 3:43AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I found an odd thing:

There is an author listed by the name "Natsu Matsuri". They have two Mai-HiME doujins attributed to them: "Sleep" and "Summer Festival".

In a discussion for "Sleep", a user made the suggestion that the author name was in fact "Natsu Matsuri" (based on a style similarity), so I guess it wasn't put as such, or the story wasn't attributed them earlier (before Feb 2015)?

Translating the story name "Summer Festival" you get "夏祭り", romanized "Natsu Matsuri".

So as I see it, "Natsu Matsuri" or "Summer Festival" is only the story's title and the author is actually not stated (and isn't "Natsu Matsuri"). This fits with the theme of the story, so I find it likely. This is also the way the story is listed on Baka-Updates (that is, unknown author).

What do you think?

That's interesting, and I assume your basic premise is correct - nice catch. I would bet that a more definitive answer on the author's alias/name lies somewhere in the interwebs of ShizNat scanlations. I'll take a deeper look into it within a couple days.

joined Apr 2, 2011

OrangePekoe posted:
I'll take a deeper look into it within a couple days.

Thanks!

Concerning the story "My Adorable Bitch", whose currently listed author is Sekishoku Vanilla.

The anthology Éclair has the story attributed to Kawanami Izumi, so I'd assume that is their real name.

According to doujinshi.org, there is an author "Kuma" / "くま" that has an "alt name" "Kawanami Izumi" / "川浪いずみ" (I assume real name), and is a member of Sekishoku Vanilla.

Since Dynasty uses authors' real names where available, maybe the entry for Sekishoku Vanilla should be changed to Kawanami Izumi, with a note for the circle name?

EDIT: Although, Sekishoku Vanilla also has another member, Unikata / うにかた, so care should be taken when/if these two authors should be separated, or both be listed for stories.

EDIT2: Out of the stories currently listed under Sekishoku Vanilla:

Author: Kuma

• Growth Status
  • Moonlit Road (according to doujinshi.org)
  • Not Enough Air (Fukuramanakatta)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Boundary Between Spring and Summer
  • Moriya Shrine’s Deer Offal Stew
  • I decided, that is love

Script/Story: Unikata, Art/Manga: Kuma

• Sanae Kochiya Might Just Wear Bloomers
  • Lost All the Masks ~Searching Starting Now~

Author: Kawanami Izumi

• My Adorable Bitch

EDIT3: Unsure about the authors of this:

• JAM

last edited at Aug 17, 2017 4:53AM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Can a PM system be implemented? There's a lot of cool people on here that I would love to chat with, but can't, and that's one of the main reasons I even join websites.

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Join the discord, we'd love to have you @Rain Sprectre

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Link? Don't know where it is.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Link? Don't know where it is.

Details are here.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

The anthology Éclair has the story attributed to Kawanami Izumi, so I'd assume that is their real name.

How does that all look now? I've left JAM under the original listing, as I'm not sure what else to do with it.

That's interesting, and I assume your basic premise is correct - nice catch. I would bet that a more definitive answer on the author's alias/name lies somewhere in the interwebs of ShizNat scanlations. I'll take a deeper look into it within a couple days.

This was a difficult journey! Probably moreso than it had to be. It's amazing to me how much can disappear from the internet, never to be found again. Thankfully, I eventually located the source. This site, which contains the original versions of those comics, run by an artist going by the alias of B.C sanshou (Or sansyo, if you prefer their romanisation). I've gone ahead and revised their page on the site, and will leave Natsu Matsuri as an alias, since there are surely some who know them by that name now. Again, thanks for pointing this one out!

last edited at Aug 21, 2017 6:27PM

joined Apr 2, 2011

OrangePekoe posted:

How does that all look now? I've left JAM under the original listing, as I'm not sure what else to do with it.

Perfect!

This was a difficult journey! Probably moreso than it had to be.
I've gone ahead and revised their page on the site, and will leave Natsu Matsuri as an alias, since there are surely some who know them by that name now. Again, thanks for pointing this one out!

Thanks for doing this, and for the continuing resource that is Dynasty - this is a great site and central to finding lots of (mostly good) yuri in English!

I thought it might be prudent to include a note to Natsu Matsuri that's it's not actually the author's name or alias, and that it's only included for completeness, so people who knew them by that old alias can still find them?

I'm quite OCD when adding manga to my personal collection. I have a complicated system of naming and sorting, and include a lot of information in the file names. To support this I need to research the items I add (main one being publication date, since I find doujins and one-shots should ideally be sorted according to author first, publication date (+convention/magazine) second). I then come across these discrepancies (or omissions).

As a side note, some story pages occasionally (like every three months or so), will report being in Welsh instead of English, so Chrome will ask if I'd like them to be translated. Just a small annoyance, but maybe something that could be fixed? Just include

<html lang="en">

on each page instead of a plain html declaration.

This just happened on Yaezakura Sympathy ch02.

last edited at Aug 22, 2017 3:45PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Suggestion: It's not possible to search for chapters within a series by their name. For instance, in A Kiss And a White Lily there is a chapter called Our War For The Crimson Roses, yet neither Crimson Roses nor the whole string bring me any results. It would be nice if this functionality were added to the site.

I thought it might be prudent to include a note to Natsu Matsuri that's it's not actually the author's name or alias, and that it's only included for completeness, so people who knew them by that old alias can still find them?

For sure, I'll add a note in the artist's description.

I'm quite OCD when adding manga to my personal collection. I have a complicated system of naming and sorting, and include a lot of information in the file names. To support this I need to research the items I add (main one being publication date, since I find doujins and one-shots should ideally be sorted according to author first, publication date (+convention/magazine) second). I then come across these discrepancies (or omissions).

Well I'm glad you do! Ideally the site should be as complete and accurate as possible. I quite enjoy scavenger hunts, so I'll look forward to the next challenge you present.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Do the Lazy Lily and 8chan threads need to be stickied still? It's been a month and they're locked so there's not exactly any discussion to be had with them anyways. 10 stickied threads is kinda a lot.

joined Apr 2, 2011

The 'download chapter' button of Shakunetsu ch22.1 still doesn't work.

Chrome says something like (translation mine - I don't have Chrome on English):

Can not connect to the site

The page in address https://dynasty-
scans.com/chapters/shakunetsu_no_takkyuu_musume_ch22_1/download may be temporarily
disabled or it may have moved to a new address.

This is the third time I've reported the problem here...

To reply you must either login or sign up.