Forum › CREPE PANIC! discussion

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

This might just be the definition of "slightly yuri".

Why is the bland and full-color look so common for male-oriented slightly yuri? Lots of Hypderdimension Neptunia doujins use it, I think. And Kuttsukiboshi...

last edited at Jun 28, 2017 8:23PM

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Why is the bland and full-color look so common for male-oriented slightly yuri? Lots of Hypderdimension Neptunia doujins use it, I think. And Kuttsukiboshi...

Maybe they just have more time than talent? ( ̄∀ ̄)

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I'd say this is more than "slightly yuri" in my opinion. Saya was really gay, she just doesn't realize it yet.

Also now I want crepes.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I can't quite place it but something about the story just feels totally off to me. Also those skirts were ridiculously short. You can barely even call those skirts, more like extra large belts.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Yeah the skirts was very SHORT! God damn xD but overall it's a good introduction piece~ you could actually make more, but more skirt length...guess i made some people very annoyed •w•

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I can't quite place it but something about the story just feels totally off to me. Also those skirts were ridiculously short. You can barely even call those skirts, more like extra large belts.

What was off was how the hell do you "accidentally" kiss your friend after turning t show a picture. Also needed bit more background.

Kendou1
joined Jun 1, 2017

Well, Mei's post made it seemed like she had feelings for Saya but eh, it's still unfulfilling.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Maybe they just have more time than talent? ( ̄∀ ̄)

Don't we all.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I read the bio of the characters and this is basically citrus right?

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

There's no such thing as "slightly yuri" and "male-oriented slightly yuri", Don't know where you got these weird terms from.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not so much skirts as frilly belts.

The fanservice and sometimes questionable clothes/anatomy/story is actually pretty amusing. It's almost endearingly clumsy at trying to be ecchi and kinda failing at it.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wow those skirts can give the cast of Saki a run for their money.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

There's no such thing as "slightly yuri" and "male-oriented slightly yuri", Don't know where you got these weird terms from.

Well, the afterword (beforeword? I dunno) itself calls this thing "slightly yuri," so I don't think that it'd be too unreasonable to call it slightly yuri. That said, I'd at least give this thing props for at least being more yuri than... I don't know, any cliche SOL thing filled with lame subtext.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Wow those skirts can give the cast of Saki a run for their money.

You know what? Ditch the skirts. We're going strike witches now.

last edited at Jun 28, 2017 9:38PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

RPPuzzle posted:

What was off was how the hell do you "accidentally" kiss your friend after turning t show a picture. Also needed bit more background.

Nah, it wasn't that, for me at least. It was something more subtle and permeating about the story as a whole.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I think it's due to a problem of being fairly soulless work. Art done by artists for series and works that don't particularly care about the quality or content and all that jazz. It's what I tend to associate this style of art with, the kind of work that includes gay scenes for the views rather than actually wanting to.

This doujin is a big example of that kind of problem. It takes a nice concept (childhood friends, one of whom is a gyaru and the other honor student? sure, awesome) but it just feels hollow. Stuff like the constant need for upskirt shots and the crepe mistake. Can't say I enjoyed it.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Well, the afterword (beforeword? I dunno) itself calls this thing "slightly yuri," so I don't think that it'd be too unreasonable to call it slightly yuri.

It was more of the fact that they made it seem that "Slightly Yuri" was a sub-genre of Yuri the same way as "Shojo Yuri", "Josei Yuri", "Seinen Yuri", "Shonen Yuri", and "Subtext Yuri".

That said, I'd at least give this thing props for at least being more yuri than... I don't know, any cliche SOL thing filled with lame subtext.

I'm now scared to ask what "SOL" is.

But yeah, this was an overall solid doujin. Sure, it may not have much but It still succeeds at what it tries to deliver, really strong subtext.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Slice of Life.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

There needs to be more gyaru yuri, I hope this gets a meatier sequel Speaking of which, why isn't there a gyaru tag?

joined Jun 11, 2017

Hmmm... I think this deserves an ecchi tag.

last edited at Jun 28, 2017 11:00PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Well that was bland and stupid.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I honestly didn't think this was that bad. I mean, it's not good in any stretch of the imagination and the excessive fanservice was definitely unnecessary, but I wouldn't mind a sequel in which Saya actually realizes she's attracted to Mei.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

woah

joined Aug 23, 2013

M-more? Please?

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Well, the afterword (beforeword? I dunno) itself calls this thing "slightly yuri," so I don't think that it'd be too unreasonable to call it slightly yuri.

It was more of the fact that they made it seem that "Slightly Yuri" was a sub-genre of Yuri the same way as "Shojo Yuri", "Josei Yuri", "Seinen Yuri", "Shonen Yuri", and "Subtext Yuri".

That said, I'd at least give this thing props for at least being more yuri than... I don't know, any cliche SOL thing filled with lame subtext.

I'm now scared to ask what "SOL" is.

But yeah, this was an overall solid doujin. Sure, it may not have much but It still succeeds at what it tries to deliver, really strong subtext.

I actually have to apologize here, since I wasn't trying to imply Slightly Yuri was its own sub-genre, more like a level on the Yuri-o-Meter, that ranges from male-oriented "girl on girl is hot" moeblobs from the popular otaku shows (which is what this is and is as drpepperfan noted, tend to feel soulless since yuri is just a fetish to these people, 7/10 times they also draw yuri couples from K-ON or Kancolle or whatever getting raped by faceless men without a second thought) to generic school girl "but we're both girls!" doki doki gender dynamics up to some resemblance of actual lesbianism written by wlw (or at least fujoshi women who like yaoi, yuri and het, i.e. the love freaks) that feature more than just the average scenarios and archtypes to finally the non-moe art filled with so much realism you'd assume they were autobiographical, clearly written by actual bians, probably in queer magazines instead of Yuri Hime or whatever.

To reply you must either login or sign up.