Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/anokonikiss/status/890540881811447808
I don't really trust that blush on Aika's face >.>

So, what I'm getting from this is that Aika really is in love with her niece. To that, I have this to say: YES. BRING ON THE AUNT/NIECE INCEST.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Hell no. I can buy polyamory, but aunt/niece/sister incest would just be weird.

On another note, it seems Canno is publishing a one-shot in this month's Manga Time Kirara.
https://twitter.com/mangatimekirara/status/890854465133137922

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Maybe I'm in the wrong for this, but I want to see Aika and Haine like each other romantically. It's manga, not real life, so it can get away with it!

last edited at Jul 28, 2017 4:36PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

On another note, it seems Canno is publishing a one-shot in this month's Manga Time Kirara.
https://twitter.com/mangatimekirara/status/890854465133137922

Do you think you'd pick it up?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I don't even know how to find it. >.>

^^ Maybe… Their interactions don't really seem romantic at all to me, so far. Not on Haine's side at least. =[

edit: Hmm… In the end they don't quite cross the line, but they venture surprisingly close to it. It's probably as far as Canno could go in that territory without the "not-blood-related" excuse. But I'm fine with keeping it ambiguous for once.

edit: Faust, you got mail. :þ

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

We saw Ayaka and Yurine literally one chapter ago. .−.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Their romance is stalled, but I suppose it's to be expected.

Their arc is overarching the whole series. If it comes to a conclusion, it will be the end of the series.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Their romance is stalled, but I suppose it's to be expected.

I don't think stalled is the right word.

The more Yurine interacts with people outside Ayaka, the more she understands how Ayaka is important to her.

In turn, this brings down Ayaka's tsun levels, leaving more dere moments.

last edited at Aug 8, 2017 10:03AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I don't think we will ever get to see Haine's mother reaction but it was cute... And now I think the only pair that is not totally established is the main one... I'm waiting for the KISS

Sawa and Itsuki have appeared quite a lot haven't they.. but well, the chapter was cute ─ω─

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Yay incest xD keep going :3

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I like how on page 9-10 of Chapter 34 Haine goes from walking in front and saying her aunt is too protective to suddenly hiding behind her.

Not a fan of the incest but it was better written than the polyamory chapters.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I don't think we will ever get to see Haine's mother reaction but it was cute...

Reaction to what? The only thing she'll see is two sisters fond of each other. :þ

I like how on page 9-10 of Chapter 34 Haine goes from walking in front and saying her aunt is too protective to suddenly hiding behind her.

Yeah, I hadn't noticed that, it's cute.

Sawa and Itsuki have appeared quite a lot haven't they..

They're apparently pretty popular among Japanese fans…

That first panel though… Rewriting history a bit, eh Itsuki? XD

This chapter reminds me of that interview where Canno said she tended to like relationships that "may or may not be romantic". I think that was the intention here, rather than full-on incest. That's probably the reason she refrained from having them actually kiss − and why Aika says "she's probably not like Nishikawa". And I'm honestly fine with that.

last edited at Aug 13, 2017 8:45PM

joined Aug 10, 2016

Not a fan of the incest but it was better written than the polyamory chapters.

seeing as how the polyamory arc was just one person that wanted a bunch of people and wasn't affected if they said no, just moved onto a new person, and the conflict was two of the people being strung along by that person, its hard to make a worse arc than that.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Oh oh oh. Are we arguing about how terrible the polyamory arc was? Because it sure was.

They really should have just been fuck buddies because there was absolutely no love portrayed between any of the three. One pair were just best friends, no romance was shown between them. Short haired girl looked like she just had a crush, we didn't even see them do anything romantic together. Seriously, where did the confessions of love at the end come from because nothing from the chapters leading up to it were romantic at all. Long haired girl asks every girl she meets to become part of her harem, she doesn't ask her partner for permission, when she finally snags one her old partner doesn't like her, but when she finds out that the new girl is a fan of her cat pictures they magically fall in love and for some reason can't live without each other. It was rushed garbage that made polyamory relationships look fickle and meaningless.

It was a waste of an arc just so Canno could check off "polyamory" off her list of types of relationships she wants to have in this series. Canno has trouble fitting a relationship between two people in a handful of chapters, her attempt to fit 3 different relationships between 3 characters all coexisting together was just a hot mess.

last edited at Aug 13, 2017 8:04PM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 34, pg 08, "thinkng". misspelling (thinking)

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I wouldn't as harsh about the poly arc, but I can't say those complaints have no validity either…

…About that, I just noticed that almost all of the "side couple" arcs in the series were between two girls who have known each other for years. Mizuki and Moe since middle school, Chiharu and Maya ditto, Yukina and Towako since they were little, Sawa and Itsuki basically their whole life, and even Haine and Aika if you count them as a "couple".

On the other hand we have Ayaka and Yurine, Izumi and Chiharu, and the Triple-Couple. AyaYuri's arc spreads over the whole series, ChihaIzu had two distinct arcs and a few extras to solidify their relationship… But in Amane, Ryou and Nina's case, everything was established and developped in 3 or 4 chapters. Canno may not like long arcs, but that was just suicidal.

To go back on chap 34, Haine's character arc confuses me a bit honestly. It started with "I have to become an independent adult quickly" and ends with "oh, I can cling to my big sis until the end of time after all." The message is "don't try to grow up too quickly" mixed with "it's okay to have somebody to rely on", I guess…? Yet we have a middle-school girl working a part-time job without anyone batting an eyelid. Japan is weird.

ch 34, pg 08, "thinkng". misspelling (thinking)

…Well, err, let's just say it's the French spelling. :þ

last edited at Aug 13, 2017 8:55PM

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I didn't know the poly arc was so hated. I enjoyed it, myself...

But for the record, Amane didn't go behind Yuunagi's back, in fact, Amane was very open and clear with all her crushes that they weren't the only one and she didn't think that made her feelings fake. Yuunagi just wasn't telling Amane that she wasn't okay with it after all. The problem was communication.

joined Sep 21, 2014

On the other hand we have Ayaka and Yurine, Izumi and Chiharu, and the Triple-Couple. AyaYuri's arc spreads over the whole series, ChihaIzu had two distinct arcs and a few extras to solidify their relationship… But in Amane, Ryou and Nina's case, everything was established and developped in 3 or 4 chapters. Canno may not like long arcs, but that was just suicidal.

Well as for Izumi and Chiharu, their second arc came like, four volumes later. (In fact, after the first arc, you only find out they started dating through a phonecall in the extra of v2, it was like bam, here you go). Volume 6 is still sorta recent, dunno if the 3TP couple would get more material later, or if that's pretty much it. I mean, until a second arc happened, we couldn't have known that Izumi and Chiharu were gonna get more development

To go back on chap 34, Haine's character arc confuses me a bit honestly. It started with "I have to become an independent adult quickly" and ends with "oh, I can cling to my big sis until the end of time after all."

Yeaah she got influenced by her peers, thought she had to grow up and stop relying on Aika as soon as she could. Now that she know she doesn't have to though, she can sorta find a balance for her feelings and be more honest about how she feels, what she feels insecure about. But yeah Aika is definitely part of her comfort zone

last edited at Aug 13, 2017 10:22PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Long haired girl asks every girl she meets to become part of her harem, she doesn't ask her partner for permission, when she finally snags one her old partner doesn't like her, but when she finds out that the new girl is a fan of her cat pictures they magically fall in love and for some reason can't live without each other.

Hiruma (black haired) was legit close friends online with Nina (jealous girl) and would practically talk to her everyday. Nina already finds out early on that Hiruma's her online friend, and grew distant because she felt conflicted over her jealousy and her friendship for the same person.
So it didn't start from nothing, they already had a close friendship. And then Hiruma proceeded to continuously be kind to Nina and care about her feelings irl (like when she brought her an umbrella when Nina ran out in the rain)
Imo what's a bit awks was that Hiruma was so kind despite Nina's attitude, but I guess she's kinda easygoing and empathetic.
But yeah uhm, I guess that if you missed so much shit, I'm not surprised some parts wouldn't make sense.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I was intrigued by the premise behind the poly arc, but Canno really dropped the ball when it came to actually writing it... I don't recall having problems with any of her other arcs though and how she welds characters seamlessly into other characters' arcs is quite nice in my opinion. I mean, I am a bit frustrated that the alleged main couple is developing so slowly, but I can understand why it is and I like these other couples' stories anyway, so... it's not too big of a deal to me. Hopefully, this will be one of those series that never end... it'll be like Naruto or Bleach but the yuri shoujo (I think?) version.

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

well it makes sense the polyamory arc was garbage since the very concept of polyamory is garbage.
it is little more than the fetish of someone who wants to fuck everything they're interested in.
Don't mind the incest though, incest's biggest problem is that it can have some hereditary issues, isn't it?
considering it's two girls there's not much to worry about in that.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Long haired girl asks every girl she meets to become part of her harem, she doesn't ask her partner for permission, when she finally snags one her old partner doesn't like her, but when she finds out that the new girl is a fan of her cat pictures they magically fall in love and for some reason can't live without each other.

Hiruma (black haired) was legit close friends online with Nina (jealous girl) and would practically talk to her everyday. Nina already finds out early on that Hiruma's her online friend, and grew distant because she felt conflicted over her jealousy and her friendship for the same person.
So it didn't start from nothing, they already had a close friendship. And then Hiruma proceeded to continuously be kind to Nina and care about her feelings irl (like when she brought her an umbrella when Nina ran out in the rain)
Imo what's a bit awks was that Hiruma was so kind despite Nina's attitude, but I guess she's kinda easygoing and empathetic.
But yeah uhm, I guess that if you missed so much shit, I'm not surprised some parts wouldn't make sense.

They weren't friends, they didn't even know each other's name. They just talked about the cat pictures, that's not friendship and is not absolutely anything to suddenly turn into a "I cant live without you" relationship. Nina shows absolutely zero sign of actually being romantically attracted to Hiruma up until her ridiculous confession, only jealousy and dislike. And Hiruma doesn't really say anything, she just feels like a cardboard cut out with no personality. The arc doesn't even clarify whether or not Hiruma reciprocates Nina's feelings.

I mean, I have defended some mediocre stories before after they get some hate but I can't come up with anything positive to say about that arc. It's just felt like Canno is just going down the list and couldn't figure out how to do a proper poly relationship, so just threw it together and called it a day.

last edited at Aug 14, 2017 12:34AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

So... ugh... wincest?

Honestly, I can take Hane and Aika's relationship better than the polyamorous relationship last volume.

Also, in a bit of a surprise, we have Itsuki and Sawa here instead of Ayaka and Yurine.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The art got me confused this time. I was under the impression that Aika was significantly older than Hane and this in turn, made me wonder why she was at the school with Hane and not working.

To reply you must either login or sign up.