Forum › I Don't Care About the Music discussion

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

cute very cute. this doki doki mi corazon.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Happy ending drama doesn't sting so bad. :)

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

The story was just OK but woooow, that cover art. <3 Gorgeous.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

After "Stars and swallows", the ending of this one was refreshing.

Down with the bittersweet endings.

last edited at Jul 18, 2017 4:51AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Daw that was a sweet ending. From the way it was going, I totally thought it was gonna go the realistic route and have Rucco move on hah.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Rock on girls!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, you can say that them breaking up was a springboard for the singer.

The title says it all : their relationship was stunting Rucco's talent because she stopped caring about the music. The MC saw it and broke up, even though she loved her.

That said, the method for breaking up is debatable. I don't think she had to hurt her and say it was just temporary. But the goal was maybe to spur her to move on and not holding her back.

That they reunite in the end is nice though.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

From Ruriko's behavior during their relationship, and especially from her lyrics afterwards, it's pretty clear she was completely incapable of moving on. That bit about madder red really struck me, but the whole song was about the break-up. In general I really liked the way the songs paralleled the story. The "milky-mint sky" song was about living a life disconnected and unattached, and wishing for love, even if it's unfulfilled, while the "salmon-pink scar" song was about the pain and regret of loss.

I don't think Akane's cruelty was justified. She seemed to be acting out of her own fear as much as concern for Ruriko and her music. It all worked out happily in that they got back together. But also they aren't shown really addressing the original problem in their relationship, so it's interesting to imagine how they'd deal with it going forward.

last edited at Jul 18, 2017 6:55AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

It's great how Ruriko mirrors Akane's break-up words.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This was pretty good, an emotional story and a rewarding ending.
I wonder if the rest of the book is related to this first chapter?

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

This was pretty good, an emotional story and a rewarding ending.
I wonder if the rest of the book is related to this first chapter?

The stories are unrelated. However, the volume-end extra is a very short continuation of I Don't Care About the Music.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

the volume-end extra is a very short continuation of I Don't Care About the Music.

Thanks, that's great, hope it gets translated soon.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

That's the good stuff.
I just need a find a way to inject these feelings straight into my bloodstream.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

All's well that ends well.

joined Jul 11, 2015

D'AWWWWWW

joined Dec 18, 2014

I am really not sure who is speaking on page 30

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I am really not sure who is speaking on page 30

I think you might have the wrong page. No one's speaking on page 30. Assuming you mean page 29, the round bubbles are Ruriko while the wavy bubbles are Akane.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Damn, that callback to their break up and all... It was very good.

joined Jul 11, 2015

re-reading it and find this interesting

joined Oct 17, 2016

Her music became more and more "emo".

So you can interpret this as a mirror of your mind and soul. Of yourse it doesnt apply to most of these kind of artits of "emotional music", but as someone born in the 80s I can think of many people taking the last resort. In this would happened here, Akane would have been the main reason for this.

Meaning she handled it wrong and it could have backfired. Imo you should clearly state, what youre thinking, present your side of of view and so on, so that you can find a solution togehter, even if it would be a break up because of this, but in this case the reasons were clear.

joined May 3, 2014

So you can interpret this as a mirror of your mind and soul. Of yourse it doesnt apply to most of these kind of artits of "emotional music", but as someone born in the 80s I can think of many people taking the last resort. In this would happened here, Akane would have been the main reason for this.

Meaning she handled it wrong and it could have backfired. Imo you should clearly state, what youre thinking, present your side of of view and so on, so that you can find a solution togehter, even if it would be a break up because of this, but in this case the reasons were clear.

then there will had been no drama to show! the part were they meet at her concert is for the drama and romance payoff :3

joined May 3, 2014

then there will had been no drama to show! the part were they meet at her concert is for the drama and romance payoff :3

joined May 3, 2014

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

I thought it was gonna end bittersweet! but I’m so glad she decided to run back and try again

To reply you must either login or sign up.