Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Ah... I wondered why there was a flashback of that paticular panel, but you're right. XD

edit: Chap 33 should be out this week. I advise you to reread chap 31 beforehand, as these three chaps kinda work together (one on Yurine and Haine, one on Yurine, one on Haine).

last edited at Jul 13, 2017 3:45PM

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Gosh~ they keep adding more characters. I can't keep up @_@
I just want more of the main couple's lol

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yes, this is AnoKiss, there are a lot of characters. We don't need to repeat the "can't keep up" joke every single time. Get over it already.

Regarding the chap, I'm torn between thinking of Haine as a realistic 13/14-year-old teenager or a self-entitled brat. >.> I guess both aren't mutually exclusive. There's a slightly ironic parallel with Yurine though: Yurine has trouble bonding with people because of a lack of passion, while Haine almost jeopardized her most important bond because of an excess of passion.

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 3:02PM

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

TOO many girls
Everybody's gay

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 2:47PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

TOO many girls

We just use 404: Men Not Found

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Yes, this is AnoKiss, there are a lot of characters. We don't need to repeat the "can't keep up" joke every single time. Get over it already.

Regarding the chap, I'm torn between thinking of Haine as a realistic 13/14-year-old teenager or a self-entitled brat. >.> I guess both aren't mutually exclusive. There's a slightly ironic parallel with Yurine though: Yurine has trouble bonding with people because of a lack of passion, while Haine almost jeopardized her most important bond because of an excess of passion.

And now we find the girl who came in 2nd is her psychic twin.

In a couple of years:

Girl #1 hey, still playing the piano?
Girl #2 yeah, i'll get you this time
Girl #1 (pause) still banging your aunt?
Girl #2 well, yeah. you?
Girl #1 Same.
Girl #2 See you at the competition!

I don't want to be the one to tell them that they and their aunts are BOTH GIRLS!

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 4:30PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

You mean AnoKiss or Tovarisch?

(I'm still waiting for the end of the latter so I can read it, by the way. TT.TT)

Description of Sougou Tovarisch, presumably not spoilerish:

Kanna who usually enjoys being at the top of her class is outscored by one point on the first aptitude test of her high-school career by the high-level kuudere/low-level dandere Yuu. Unlike Kanna, Yuu is naturally talented and couldn't care less about getting high scores, so she throws away her test immediately after after getting it. This incredibly bothers Kanna, who then in front of the class, scolds Yuu for throwing away her "symbol of how hard she worked". This gesture of kindness(??) causes Yuu to fall for Kanna. And of course, all unbeknownst to Kanna, who's all about herself anyway.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

My sister, who is a very passionate person, has acted towards my parents exactly how Haine acted towards Aika here. Don't know what to make of that.

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

It's just a phase kids have, it's called the "bratty phase"

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Yup. It's tied to an almost instinctual drive for independence. It's an evolutionary thing.
Those who lack it are the ones who end up NEETs for life. The expression of that tendency has gone up over time thanks to the fact that lacking an independence drive is no longer something that will get you naturally selected out of the gene pool.
Bratty, defiant children are just genetically superior.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Yup. It's tied to an almost instinctual drive for independence. It's an evolutionary thing.
Those who lack it are the ones who end up NEETs for life. The expression of that tendency has gone up over time thanks to the fact that lacking an independence drive is no longer something that will get you naturally selected out of the gene pool.
Bratty, defiant children are just genetically superior.

Your username could not be more ironic. Oughta' call you Stormyclouds. Also you sound like a kindergarten Nazi.

Anyways, this chapter could use an incest tag. Don't see too much aunt stuff, certainly not aunt-almost-your-own-age. The mother didn't look particularly young, so I guess the aunt was just born a lot later.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Those who lack it are the ones who end up NEETs for life.

Maybe not NEETs for life, but they'll leave the nest later than most for sure.

Still, Haine's situation is a bit peculiar. If we consider that her mother is, say, 20 years older than her (so 33-34) and that Aika is 4-to-6 years older (so 18-to-20), that means there's a 13-to-16 year gap between Aika and her big sis, and that's a low estimate − i.e. Haine's mom could almost be her own sister's mother. Having her aunt be in the position of a sister must be pretty damn confusing for a teenager.

Anyways, this chapter could use an incest tag.

I know Canno is fond of uncanny pairings (hello, woman-and-foxgirl couple!) but I don't really see any romance here. It's just family bonding. Now if they smooch next chapter, I'll eat my hat, but I doubt it. >.>

PS: Huh… What's that strange creature on the bottom right?

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 7:54PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

PS: Huh… What's that strange creature on the bottom right?

Just a tomboy, promise. Don't stare, you'll make her self-conscious.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

In a couple of years:

Girl #2 well, yeah. you?
Girl #1 Same.

I don't want to be the one to tell them that they and their aunts are BOTH GIRLS!

Maybe we can have that spin-off written by Mochi au Lait? >__>

I know Canno is fond of uncanny pairings (hello, woman-and-foxgirl couple!)

She did that?..

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

She did that?..

What's that?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

You bet she did It's part of this HKY anthology

Just a tomboy, promise. Don't stare, you'll make her self-conscious.

Oh. Thank god. That scared me a bit.

last edited at Jul 18, 2017 8:59AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

She did that?..

What's that?

A story about a woman dating a foxgirl. :-)

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

In a couple of years:

Girl #2 well, yeah. you?
Girl #1 Same.

aunt: do you think im disgusting? do...you hate it?
girl: i don't hate it
aunt: just push me away if you hate it
girl: i cant believe my hearts beating for another GIRL

WE KNOW HOW THESE THINGS GO

also man idk if I can ship aunt/niece i feel like thats a little too much for me

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Canno is testing the strength of your Yuri Goggles.

Some people were asking for it, so… the English chapters are now downloadable on Miammiam-team.org

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

I wish there were some chart of who is who... I'm on the chapter 15 and I am mostly lost who is who and what is happening.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I wish there were some chart of who is who... I'm on the chapter 15 and I am mostly lost who is who and what is happening.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/AnoKoNiKissToShirayuriWo

It's maintained by Lyendith.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Lyendith also made this handy chart:

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/706484AnoKisschartrduit.jpg

He posted it a few forum pages back...

last edited at Jul 25, 2017 3:19AM

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

Lyendith also made this handy chart:

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/706484AnoKisschartrduit.jpg

He posted it a few forum pages back...

Ok, wow, I didn't really expect any answer. This is great, thanks.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

The trick to read this series is to read volume-by-volume rather than chapter-by-chapter if you ask me. If you focus on one volume at a time, you only have to remember four or five characters at most. If that makes any sense.

Like, in volume 2 you only have Chiharu, Ai, Maya and Izumi, in volume 3 you only have the two mains plus Yukina and Towako, etc.

last edited at Jul 25, 2017 9:10PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/anokonikiss/status/890540881811447808
I don't really trust that blush on Aika's face >.>

To reply you must either login or sign up.