Forum › The Papaya Gang discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kind of a shame there's only one yuri couple, but at least it's a really good yuri couple! And Kyouko's basically a het version of Morishima's fujoshi character so that's pretty awesome too.

New%20pic2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Yahoo auctions sounds like a far more questionable ebay

joined Jul 8, 2013

You guys if you like yuri with likeable girls in a relationship then drop this series. One of the girls in the yuri relationship of this series is just the absolute worst human being and for some reason the other girl, who is very nice and sweet, is obsessed with this terrible person anyway. I bet you the infidelity never ends for an entire decade yet the nice girl stays with this slutty skank anyway and it's just not fair. If you read this series, then read it for the heterosexual relationships and not the yuri. You all have been warned.

last edited at Jan 28, 2014 10:25PM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but huh? what in the world are you talking about?

20572_311167636941_6582597_n
joined Apr 22, 2013

You guys if you like yuri with likeable girls in a relationship then drop this series. One of the girls in the yuri relationship of this series is just the absolute worst human being and for some reason the other girl, who is very nice and sweet, is obsessed with this terrible person anyway. I bet you the infidelity never ends for an entire decade yet the nice girl stays with this slutty skank anyway and it's just not fair. If you read this series, then read it for the heterosexual relationships and not the yuri. You all have been warned.

I read the last two chapters from the Lililicious site and I can understand why you don't like Chieri. Honestly, I don't like her much either (I'm sure Mika finds some redeeming points about her but that is beside the point). I think that everyone should have a choice in picking their own reading material. There are plenty of yuri stories on here that I don't like sometimes, moe-blobs with badly told tales, etc but it's not my business to go about telling people what to read and what not to read. I'm not trying to start an argument here, I just think it would have been better if you simply expressed your dislike of the yuri couple. That is all.

Aikatsu%2050%20aoi%20ichigo%20hug%20test
joined Apr 18, 2013

You guys if you like yuri with likeable girls in a relationship then drop this series. One of the girls in the yuri relationship of this series is just the absolute worst human being and for some reason the other girl, who is very nice and sweet, is obsessed with this terrible person anyway.

I read the last two chapters before I came to this thread (I came here to post my thoughts about chapter 11). I blame the writer. Until chapter 11 it seemed like Chieri was committed to Mika after reading about them in both chapters 1 and 5 . It pissed me off that chapter 11 had so many side stories and people involved when the previous chapters were pretty true to the pairings in the title. It definitely annoyed me that Chieri cheated on Mika with a man, and from the looks of it repeatedly with numerous ones. The annoyance was reduced to a degree by the events in chapter 12 (if they weren't both posted at the same time I might have stopped reading after chapter 11). Definitely a disappointing twist in chapter 11. Not what I'd expect from reading Aoki Mitsue's other work that is on this site. (I was hoping chapter 11 was just a final hurtle for Chieri and Mika before Chieri became committed to Mika). Regardless Papaya Gang is now compete, and the story is over. Time to move on to other yuri things...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, Mika did know exactly what she was getting into with Mika. So expecting her to even really understand what monogamy is was a bit unrealistic of her. Of course given this was, in essence, a comedy she was pretty exaggerated in that.

Still think Mika should have said the hell with it and dumped her, but oh well.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i like that all the co workers aren't miraculously lesbian and only 2 of em were, a lot more realistic even if i don't care for het sex scenes lol. overall a decent more adult read. i do agree that chieri is a whore though lol. LOVED the scene between mika and her uncle when she first came out to him xD

edit: i say 2 of em were lesbian but really 1 was and the other just is such a whore she really doesn't care which gender she fucks lol

last edited at Feb 1, 2014 10:23PM

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Gonna agree with everyone else and just hope that the author wasn't trying to make Chieri likeable, because they did a really bad job if they were. Really annoying that the only yuri couple is involves someone who has sex with every guy she meets, which makes me glad that I skipped reading most of the chapters.

20572_311167636941_6582597_n
joined Apr 22, 2013

edit: i say 2 of em were lesbian but really 1 was and the other just is such a whore she really doesn't care which gender she fucks lol

Still think Mika should have said the hell with it and dumped her, but oh well.

Exactly! But in real life and manga, this isn't the first time I've seen a character/person do something stupid to themselves for a first love. lol, hell I can totally relate to Mika. But, I do have a limit, so yeah, it would have been sayonara after a while.

last edited at Feb 2, 2014 1:17AM

C98ab66c466d3fbc213734974fbc8f54
joined Dec 31, 2013

It's kinda sad when I actually liked the het pairing more than the yuri one. Kyouko and the boss were really cute together, but Mika and Chieri's relationship was just plain unhealthy. Poor Mika...

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

yuri should only be gay x gay not bi x gay.
hate bi.

last edited at Mar 8, 2014 1:25PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

hate bi.

Bigotry is such an ugly thing, ain't it?

joined Jun 25, 2013

In my opinion, interesting and creative couples like that are few and far in between and should at least be appreciated for their novelty. But I guess, this is not everyone's cup of yuri tea.
Sure, fairy tale stories where everyone's a girl who's into girls are fun, but that's not real, you know?
Sometimes I want a story that's closer to reality, that's more relatable, more fun, that presents a challenge beyond "this girl likes the other girl".
Sure, I agree Chieri isn't the best type of person, and that her and Mika are probably not going to work in the long run... But that happens, and if they want to try, well, it's up to them.

hate bi.

Gee.
What a lovely person you are.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

In my opinion, interesting and creative couples like that are few and far in between and should at least be appreciated for their novelty. But I guess, this is not everyone's cup of yuri tea.
Sure, fairy tale stories where everyone's a girl who's into girls are fun, but that's not real, you know?
Sometimes I want a story that's closer to reality, that's more relatable, more fun, that presents a challenge beyond "this girl likes the other girl".
Sure, I agree Chieri isn't the best type of person, and that her and Mika are probably not going to work in the long run... But that happens, and if they want to try, well, it's up to them.

if having promiscuous bi is what you consider as realistic story.
then whatever.

last edited at Apr 29, 2014 11:38PM

Sticker,375x360-9
joined Jun 21, 2013

well this is one of my fav series

Drinks%20cup
joined Feb 9, 2016

VERY UNDERRATED series. It was amazing. Loved the combination of relationships and comedy.

Drinks%20cup
joined Feb 9, 2016

hate bi.

Bigotry is such an ugly thing, ain't it?

As a bi person, seeing a comment that made me feel uneasy, since i'm sure they are not the only one to think that way. But seeing your comment made me feel better since it reminded me that there are people who DONT think lowly of bisexuals, so thanks Nezchan xD

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Well this was interesting. I felt kinda sad, finishing it. When you keep Chieri's cheating out of mind, and excluding that hobo ballet guy cus he was an absolute slut-shaming dick to Riko, they were all pretty sympathetic characters, I got attached to all of them, glad I got around to reading this, it was fun.
This def shouldn't be read for the yuri tho, what makes it good is the whole cast being so warm and supportive of each other (except for Ryuu, I still find him despicable, would have been better without him, Riko could have done better) and that it ends on such a pleasant note, all of the ships being endgame and married iirc
Kyouko is probably my favourite kind of yaoi fangirl haha, nice and passionate, not letting anyone bring her fire down. It was also a nice touch to see her fangirl over yuri being 'moe' in the end.

joined Dec 20, 2016

I shouldnt have read this, i hate chieri a lot

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

Mika should dump that piece of........................ Chieri, really.

This will be their soundtrack:

~ "Why the fuck you lying? Why you always lying? hmmm oh my god, Stop fuckin' lying, always lying to me. You lying so much, you makin' it hard for me" ~

joined Apr 29, 2019

Well this was interesting. I felt kinda sad, finishing it. When you keep Chieri's cheating out of mind, and excluding that hobo ballet guy cus he was an absolute slut-shaming dick to Riko, they were all pretty sympathetic characters, I got attached to all of them, glad I got around to reading this, it was fun.
This def shouldn't be read for the yuri tho, what makes it good is the whole cast being so warm and supportive of each other (except for Ryuu, I still find him despicable, would have been better without him, Riko could have done better) and that it ends on such a pleasant note, all of the ships being endgame and married iirc
Kyouko is probably my favourite kind of yaoi fangirl haha, nice and passionate, not letting anyone bring her fire down. It was also a nice touch to see her fangirl over yuri being 'moe' in the end.

at first i thought ryuu was horrible, too, but we have to keep in mind he's still a kid in high school. he was just jealous and didn't know how to express it healthily so he lashed out with the "worst" insults he knew as a high schooler. there was no one around to teach him how to express his emotions properly especially with nonexistent parents though he seemed like he was slowly learning from riko lmao

also, i agree with most of the other posts in that i'm appalled by chieri's cheating. she's never going to change and mika's going to suffer for the rest of her life if she chooses to keep letting it go. bisexual doesn't mean you go around fucking any living human who shows the slightest interest in you. such a bad stereotype to perpetuate when some lesbians are already so toxic to bisexuals.

To reply you must either login or sign up.