Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I don't think it's interested in exploring the idea of sexuality as a concept, but it's definitely interested in exploring the sexualities of the characters, because it's a romance manga. While Nakatani isn't writing a story about characters coming to terms with specific sexualities (for the most part), she's definitely got a clear idea of what they are and how to integrate them into the rest of a character's personality and development.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Ch 23's color page preview:

& here's vol 5's preview page at the end of vol 4:

TL I received on the texts: "Let me show you anywhere but here" & "To anywhere but here," respsectively.

THEIR DATE IS COMING UP GUYS.

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 2:02PM

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

Ch 23's color page preview:

& here's vol 5's preview page at the end of vol 4:

TL I received on the texts: "Let me show you anywhere but here" & "To anywhere but here," respsectively.

THEIR DATE IS COMING UP GUYS.

The way they're dressed in the preview is nice too. Yuu seems to be wearing a dress (?) that's great

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

& raw: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5186718670

Yuu is definitely gonna be taking initiative from here on out. The nurse's role in the play is gonna get more prominent & the date is next chap.

last edited at Jun 26, 2017 11:20AM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

I can see the date next chapter. I can see it. I can also see myself crying if Yuu can't hold herself anymore by the end of it and shit goes down.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

So 4s translated the latest interview with Nakatani & her editor: https://pastebin.com/mv1p5Dja

Some interesting bits~

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

So 4s translated the latest interview with Nakatani & her editor: https://pastebin.com/mv1p5Dja

Some interesting bits~

I LOVE HOW SHE HANDLES HER CHARACTER AS A PERSON. And also her perspective about Yuu's self interest. Everything is handled beautifully.
And yes, tMnR is that good and "unrequited love" is probably one of the best serialized yuri manga right now yes surpassing the so called Citrus and NTR, am not a fan, not that it's relevant tho

Thank you for sharing this beautiful interview. Im crying out of joy, i dont even know why

joined Jul 17, 2016

Some interesting bits~

Interesting interview, now I look forward to see more of Koyomi since she's Nakatani self-insert haha.

The part where she says Yuu genuinely wanted to remain silent about her growing feelings because she enjoys to be told that someone loves her and wanted to keep that confused me a bit though. It just seems to me that it's a bit shallow and kind of contradicts what's been shown in the story , with Yuu looking down, frustrated and all of that because she can't express her feelings and thinks Touko is unfair, and I also don't get how Yuu can be unfair like Nakatani states, but I do know Yuu is a bit selfish like chapters 16 and 22 showed.

Maybe there's something I'm not fully understanding(?) so if someone can explain to me what Nakatani meant I'll appreciate it~ :b

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

Some interesting bits~

Interesting interview, now I look forward to see more of Koyomi since she's Nakatani self-insert haha.

The part where she says Yuu genuinely wanted to remain silent about her growing feelings because she enjoys to be told that someone loves her and wanted to keep that confused me a bit though. It just seems to me that it's a bit shallow and kind of contradicts what's been shown in the story , with Yuu looking down, frustrated and all of that because she can't express her feelings and thinks Touko is unfair, and I also don't get how Yuu can be unfair like Nakatani states, but I do know Yuu is a bit selfish like chapters 16 and 22 showed.

Maybe there's something I'm not fully understanding(?) so if someone can explain to me what Nakatani meant I'll appreciate it~ :b

just as Nakatani said, Yuu is keeping the status quo to make sure she gets all the love Touko gives to her. While she was at first was so confuse about Touko's feeling of her, she gradually begins to accept them and at some point begins to enjoy them. Chapter 13 says this thing rather explicitly if i think about it. Yuu truthfully said she was happy by being with Touko. Touko's reaction just right after that moment sparks fear in Yuu. That's when Yuu concluded that by destroying the status quo (which means she becomes more assertive in their relationship), the risk of her not being loved anymore will be higher. That's why nakatani said restraining herself is Yuu's self interest.

As the chapter proceeds i do think Yuu begins to be somehow tired(? I dont think this is the right word) of being the only one receiving everything. Thus she starts taking action

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I don't see how it contradicts anything about Yuu. Her feelings grow throughout the story, how she feels about Touko in the beginning is not the same as she feels about her now. In chapter 13, she has definitely developed something for Touko, enough that she becomes conscious of what to say and how to act, but not enough for her to risk losing the "friends with benefits-ish" relationship with Touko. They both enters the relationship with their own self-interests in mind in the first place. Touko wants a love that won't be returned, Yuu wants someone to love her because she is lonely. But as Yuu's feeling grows stronger, she starts to get fed up with the status of their relationship. It's more growth rather than contradiction, really.

Edit: For Touko, since she's the only one without this meme made for her yet.

last edited at Jun 28, 2017 4:21PM

joined Apr 7, 2016

I don't see how it contradicts anything about Yuu. Her feelings grow throughout the story, how she feels about Touko in the beginning is not the same as she feels about her now. In chapter 13, she has definitely developed something for Touko, enough that she becomes conscious of what to say and how to act, but not enough for her to risk losing the "friends with benefits-ish" relationship with Touko. They both enters the relationship with their own self-interests in mind in the first place. Touko wants a love that won't be returned, Yuu wants someone to love her because she is lonely. But as Yuu's feeling grows stronger, she starts to get fed up with the status of their relationship. It's more growth rather than contradiction, really.

Edit: For Touko, since she's the only one without this meme made for her yet.

http://i.imgur.com/r3jBGPP.jpg

Agreed.

Remember in Ch. 10? Yuu states that she's lonely and doesn't want to fall in love with anyone else but Touko (even though she told herself that she is incapable of loving another person romantically). Reading back on that now, her intentions of being in their "friends-with-benefits"-like relationship makes sense. I think Yuu wants to FEEL like she's in a romantic relationship, but she's so convinced that she's aromantic that she just doesn't realize that she's already kind of in one.

So when she starts to push the boundaries of her and Touko's relationship (like she decides to do at the end of Ch. 22 and with the date in Ch. 23), I think that's when Yuu starts to put Touko over herself. She wants something that is wholesome and healthy, not superficial and unfair, and Yuu wants Touko to have that, too.

So yes, even though Yuu is acting without Touko's knowledge and is doing things on her own, it doesn't seem to be out of self-interest anymore. It seems to be more out of care for Touko and an understanding that in order to have something that's good for the two of them, then Yuu's gonna have to step in and do something about it.

last edited at Jun 28, 2017 6:46PM by Nezchan

joined Jun 7, 2017

I don't think it's necessary for Sayaka to say explicitly that she's gay since it's pretty obvious she is and has accepted that fact after she fell for Touko, like she explained to coffee lady. I do agree that sexuality is not the focus of the manga, but saying readers can identify the characters the way they want is a bit wrong because someone could say they see Yuu as asexual and that's obviously not the case. Thing is labels aren't very important here though.

I guess my comment wasn't very clear lol I never claim that Sayaka isn't a lesbian. Was just saying that the manga doesn't bother identifying her sexuality since it's not the focus of the story. & when I say readers can identify the characters however they want, I mean that there's nothing to stop them from identifying the characters. We're free to call Sayaka a lesbian, Maki an asexual, etc. but the manga isn't going to confirm any of those labels since that's not its focus. Seriously, unless we get a sex scene between Yuu & Touko, there will still be people out there claiming Yuu's asexual.

As a married asexual, I would like to point out that having sex has nothing to do with asexuality. Asexuality just means that you do not experience sexual attraction. Asexuals may still have sex (non-asexuals have sex with people they're not sexually attracted to all the time) it just means that they're usually doing it for other reasons.

Some asexuals are sex averse and do not like to have sex at all. Others think it might be fun now and then. The only difference is that all asexuals do not experience sexual attraction.

I'm not saying that Yuu is or isn't, I would just like to clarify this. I would actually say she had more aromantic leanings until recent chapters, but I wouldn't go up to anyone shouting that she's this or that - because it's not canon. I prefer just to experience the story as it is, appreciating all the development as it goes along.

I'm looking forward to more chapters.

joined Jul 17, 2016

Yeah, I think the same as you.I got confused because I wasn't sure if Nakatani was referring only to volume 3 Yuu or if she was including volume 4 Yuu as well ( or if you want to call it other way, Yuu before falling in love and now that she is). In volume 3, it was clear Yuu started to feel something in chapter 13, but her feelings were very weak back then, so she could ignore them and wanted to keep the status quo with Touko. Same in chapter 14 and 15. I'm not sure if Nakatani meant exclusively Touko or if anyone else would have been okay with she said Yuu enjoys the feeling of being loved, but I guess she meant Touko only, due to that line of Yuu in chapter 10 "if she and I can't be together I don't want anyone to fall in love with me" which implied Yuu wanted to stay by her side, not just because she wants to keep enjoying the feeling of someone loving her, but because she grew to care about Touko as a person. So, while Nakatani is correct, I think the other reason Yuu wanted to keep the status quo was because she genuinely cared about Touko and didn't want to lose her.

Chapter 16 is the chapter Yuu started to fall hard and volume 4 was great in portraying her feelings. She went from being fine with the status quo to suffering about it and thinking Touko is unfair, but still choosing to remain silent because she doesn't want Touko to leave her. This was addressed in chapters 18 and 19. Personally, volume 4 is my favorite so far because it shows how much Yuu's feelings have grown and changed. The contrast between chapter 5 and 22 is awesome, in chapter 5 Yuu comforted Touko because she's kind and like she said anyone would have done the same in her place and she would have done the same for anyone too. She was mostly indifferent to the situation while in chapter 22 she comforted Touko because she really worries about her and wants to help her and not because Touko asked her to. The scene was way more intimate too. Yuu has found the "special feeling" she wanted.

That's how I interpret it, I don't know if you disagree with some point :0 btw you did a great job with that Touko :b

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Yeah, I think the same as you.I got confused because I wasn't sure if Nakatani was referring only to volume 3 Yuu or if she was including volume 4 Yuu as well ( or if you want to call it other way, Yuu before falling in love and now that she is). In volume 3, it was clear Yuu started to feel something in chapter 13, but her feelings were very weak back then, so she could ignore them and wanted to keep the status quo with Touko. Same in chapter 14 and 15. I'm not sure if Nakatani meant exclusively Touko or if anyone else would have been okay with she said Yuu enjoys the feeling of being loved, but I guess she meant Touko only, due to that line of Yuu in chapter 10 "if she and I can't be together I don't want anyone to fall in love with me" which implied Yuu wanted to stay by her side, not just because she wants to keep enjoying the feeling of someone loving her, but because she grew to care about Touko as a person. So, while Nakatani is correct, I think the other reason Yuu wanted to keep the status quo was because she genuinely cared about Touko and didn't want to lose her.

Nakatani wasn't denying that Yuu's action is also driven by the fact that she cares for Touko. She probably knows most readers can already understand this since one of Yuu's character traits is that she tends to put others' interests before her own. I think Nakatani was just recognizing the fact that Yuu herself is like any other human beings and can have a bit of a selfish interest, too. IMO, being a good person doesn't mean you have to be self-sacrificing all the time.

Chapter 16 is the chapter Yuu started to fall hard and volume 4 was great in portraying her feelings. She went from being fine with the status quo to suffering about it and thinking Touko is unfair, but still choosing to remain silent because she doesn't want Touko to leave her. This was addressed in chapters 18 and 19. Personally, volume 4 is my favorite so far because it shows how much Yuu's feelings have grown and changed. The contrast between chapter 5 and 22 is awesome, in chapter 5 Yuu comforted Touko because she's kind and like she said anyone would have done the same in her place and she would have done the same for anyone too. She was mostly indifferent to the situation while in chapter 22 she comforted Touko because she really worries about her and wants to help her and not because Touko asked her to. The scene was way more intimate too. Yuu has found the "special feeling" she wanted.

That's how I interpret it, I don't know if you disagree with some point :0 btw you did a great job with that Touko :b

Your interpretation is on point, I don't really have much to add or take away. Vol 4 is the best in terms of writing & I love it lots, but I slighly prefer vol 3 for having the best art quality on top of good development :P & thanks!

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

TL is out: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cucc1to70r1w0q6/%5B4s%5D_Yagate_Kimi_ni_Naru_-_23.zip

Just gonna comment on the last scene with the texting. There's something incredibly sweet about how genuinely happy Touko is after receiving Yuu's text first. We all had a discussion on whether Touko truly loves Yuu and I think we can see it here that there is some genuineness in her feelings. Touko's hesitation to text Yuu for comfort reflects that there's still a gap in the trust department due to her insecurity & vulnerability (whether she can rely on Yuu w/o her coming to hate her). Yuu texting first actually reassures Touko & gives her the confidence needed to send her own text. From this, I think maybe Yuu starting to initiate more in showing her love & care (in little acts like hand holding or sthg, not stuffs like kissing or confessing) will be key to fill up the little trust gap in Touko & help her slowly becoming more accepting of her feelings.

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

My heart has ruptured help.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

After this thursday ( Can't miss the final of Tsuki ga Kirei.) can we just jump right to the end of next month?... I really love what it says on the cover page for this chapter... Soo much hope! It really says something with Yuu taking Touko's hand and now being the one leading her with a smile. Could even read more into it with them going up the stairs as she is leading her out of the place/hole Touko been in to a better and brighter place.

last edited at Jun 29, 2017 4:46AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Yuu's unexpected invitation causes Touko to break into a smile. Next time, they go on a date!

Yay! Fluff and deep meaningful talks incoming!

joined May 4, 2017

Anyone else think the "where can I go?" while standing next to empty train tracks is symbolic?

Jeezzz%202
joined Jan 11, 2017

I can't wait another month

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Anyone else think the "where can I go?" while standing next to empty train tracks is symbolic?

The first time I read it I seriously thought the worst could happen. It's so painful.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Oh good, this chapter didn't segue into the Final Destination films

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

TL is out: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cucc1to70r1w0q6/%5B4s%5D_Yagate_Kimi_ni_Naru_-_23.zip

Just gonna comment on the last scene with the texting. There's something incredibly sweet about how genuinely happy Touko is after receiving Yuu's text first. We all had a discussion on whether Touko truly loves Yuu and I think we can see it here that there is some genuineness in her feelings. Touko's hesitation to text Yuu for comfort reflects that there's still a gap in the trust department due to her insecurity & vulnerability (whether she can rely on Yuu w/o her coming to hate her). Yuu texting first actually reassures Touko & gives her the confidence needed to send her own text. From this, I think maybe Yuu starting to initiate more in showing her love & care (in little acts like hand holding or sthg, not stuffs like kissing or confessing) will be key to fill up the little trust gap in Touko & help her slowly becoming more accepting of her feelings.

small error

ch 23, pg 18, "The part of your sister you that you knew"

should be "The part of your sister that you knew"

18160285_1855872217963427_5205910394689814528_a
joined Aug 31, 2014

dyingggg

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Ahhh it's the time of the month when I wish we could just fast forward to next month so I can read the next chapter...

The end of the chapter killed me. I'm so happy that Yuu took the initiative to ask Touko out, and Touko's happiness is so genuine. I'm hoping they kiss on their date!

Also it was only from reading the interview that I realised I've been following this manga for 2 years! It sure doesn't feel like it!

To reply you must either login or sign up.