Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I can see Eclair becomes a quarterly or bi-yearly thing since it's a low risk venture, but anything more, like a YagaKimi anime is still highly unlikely, unless Dengeki really feels the need to push book sale.

I will do black magic to make them feel the need to push book sale & make that anime a reality >:( Well no, I'll just be in the corner crying for it

But maybe if enough Eclair and Yagakimi tanks are sold then they will have a change of heart. So go place your order today. Eclair Blanche is also super stacked, their line up is pretty much golden so confirm you will get something good out of it.

PS: Buy Galette while you're at it too

Definitely am ordering vol 4. Still considering Eclair 2. Nakatani, Tamamusi, & Shunita do have my interest tho. I'm rlly hoping that the stories are longer this time around. Eclair 1 was rather underwhelming, tbh. & I still haven't bought Galette 2 yet...

joined Dec 3, 2014

Definitely am ordering vol 4. Still considering Eclair 2. Nakatani, Tamamusi, & Shunita do have my interest tho. I'm rlly hoping that the stories are longer this time around. Eclair 1 was rather underwhelming, tbh.

I will definitely buy it for Nakatani, Tamamusi, Flyco and Hirao Auri. I hate Hirao Auri's resolution and endings but gosh I still love her characters and stories' quirkiness.
Also don't be hopeful about the story being long, considering they have 16 authors participating this time.
But if there is one thing I know for sure will happen it's Onee-Loli stuff. Itou Hachi and Ejima Eri in the same anthology, God forbids.

& I still haven't bought Galette 2 yet...

I'm neutral on their oneshots but Momono Moto and Morinaga Milk's serialization are great.

last edited at May 30, 2017 12:55AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Also don't be hopeful about the story being long, considering they have 16 authors participating this time.

Well, I'm not too worried about Tamamusi's story since she specializes in short stories. But I do hope the others deliver this time around.

They still haven't revealed all the authors yet, have they?

& I still haven't bought Galette 2 yet...

I'm neutral on their oneshots but Momono Moto and Morinaga Milk's serialization are great.

How was Otsu Hiyori's?

joined Dec 3, 2014

They still haven't revealed all the authors yet, have they?

They have

天野しゅにんた 『宇宙で一番可愛い女の子』- Amano Shuninta
伊咲ウタ 『ミシン』 - Isaki Uta
伊藤ハチ 『ことりとブラシェール』- Itou Hachi
江島絵理 『秘密にさせて』 - Ejima Eri
奥たまむし 『ソフレ進化形』 - Tamamusi
カボちゃ 『もう夏は来ないけれど』 - Kabocha
川浪いずみ 『卒業ピアス』 - Kawanami Izumi
缶乃 『無職とJK』 - Canno
北尾タキ 『週休5日の姫と 騎士』- Kitao Taki
タカダフミ子 『私のママ』- Takada Fumiko
唯野影吉 『わたししかしらない。』 - Tadano Eikichi/Kagekichi ? I'm not so sure about the reading
仲谷 鳰 『いつだって横顔』 - Natakani
平尾アウリ 『内緒シェアリング』- Hirao Auri
フライ 『花に嵐』- Flyco
むっしゅ 『幸せの黄色いひよこ』- Mussha
結川カズノ 『つつじ辻』 - Yuikawa Kazuno

Otsu Hiyori's story is okay. Too early for me to say much, since her story usually doesn't really take off for me till the later chapter.

last edited at May 30, 2017 1:47AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Thanks for the list!

仲谷 鳰 『いつだって横顔』 - Natakani

I see. So after the hand, it's the face now. Would be funny if someone gets slapped in this story.

Seriously speaking, the title sounds like a story about someone longing for someone from afar.

last edited at May 30, 2017 2:07AM

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Well its first volume is the number one seller on amazon in the yuri/yaoi genre right now.

Actually, 10 count is no.1. Yaoi will always beat yuri no matter what, sadly.

YagaKimi's success is more prominent in Japan, tbh. I remember vol 3 basically topped the Amazon JP manga ranking within the first week of its release, both in the physical & Kindle categories. The overall sale as of the time of vol 3's release was 250K. Vol 1 had had its 11th reprint a couple of months back. I'm expecting an overall sale of around 400-500K by the time vol 4 is out.

It always makes me rlly happy when I see how successful this series is over there in JP ; ;

I know I specifically read it saying it was the best seller in the yaoi/yuri genres when the volume first came out but I can't remember where I read that. Maybe it just didn't keep that spot.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ You're right about vol 1 being the bestseller in that category when it first came out. I do remember that. But yeah, it's not right now.

last edited at May 30, 2017 3:48AM

joined Dec 3, 2014

Realistic expectation would have Yagakimi at around 300k-350k circulation by the time vol 4 is out

Huh, I was actually wrong about this. YagaKimi in fact has just reached 400k for number of circulation.
Good news. It actually sells better than NTR and Citrus.

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 3:02AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Just saw it on Twitter. Good news indeed. Seeing the PV makes me hope 4 a CD Drama.

It actually sells better than NTR and Citrus.

& also deserves an anime more.

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 3:10AM

joined Dec 3, 2014

NTR and Citrus anime adaptation was to promote Yuri Hime, I doubt Ichijinsha care much if their anime succeed or not as romance series in general always do poorly. But honestly Ichinjinsha should have just put all the money on Citrus instead of NTR, it's simply the better series and a better representative for the yuri genre.

In fact, I think Citrus would do better as an anime than YagaKimi, it's just more... rauchy and thrilling? Yuri aside, they appeal to Yuri fans for different reasons.

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 3:31AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

NTR and Citrus anime adaptation was to promote Yuri Hime, I doubt Ichijinsha care much if their anime succeed or not as romance series in general always do poorly.
In fact, I think Citrus would do better as an anime than YagaKimi, it's just more... rauchy and thrilling? Yuri aside, they appeal to Yuri fans for different reasons.

I do understand why Citrus & NTR r chosen to be adapted & why they do have a higher chance of doing better than YagaKimi as an anime in the current state of the anime industry/community. I was just being salty about it lol About the fact that good story doesn't sell, but fanservice does. It's kind of sad. Reminds me that Sangatsu actually did poorly despite being one of the best things to come out of anime for a while... I'm glad that it's getting a S2 somehow... (This is totally off-topic)

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 3:50AM

joined Dec 3, 2014

I do understand why Citrus & NTR r chosen to be adapted & why they do have a higher chance of doing better than YagaKimi as an anime in the current state of the anime industry/community. I was just being salty about it lol

For now let's just pray for a drama CD, I think the chance for one is damn high. Beside YagaKimi still hasn't got enough material for an anime anyway.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

For now let's just pray for a drama CD, I think the chance for one is damn high. Beside YagaKimi still hasn't got enough material for an anime anyway.

Definitely. Will make an altar out of my YagaKimi copies for this. Yup.

I feel like if YagaKimi gets an adaptation, it will be when it's about to end & the anime will have to be a full adaptation (since it's kinda hard to have a semi-satisfying "go read the mango" ending for this series)

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 4:14AM

joined Dec 30, 2013

NTR and Citrus anime adaptation was to promote Yuri Hime, I doubt Ichijinsha care much if their anime succeed or not as romance series in general always do poorly. But honestly Ichinjinsha should have just put all the money on Citrus instead of NTR, it's simply the better series and a better representative for the yuri genre.

Let's put it another way. If the Netsuzou Trap and Citrus anime does relatively really well, Dengeki Daioh would want to have that same pie of success as well.

joined Sep 21, 2015

It is a little bit disappointing that the only news is such a short special chapter :( We will have to wait a little more...

Has the series been licensed outside Japan? The only current yuri licensed in Spain is Citrus, and I'm pretty reluctant to give support to this series, but I would definitely buy Bloom into you since is one of the few mangas I keep reading after discovering Manhwa...

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Has the series been licensed outside Japan? The only current yuri licensed in Spain is Citrus, and I'm pretty reluctant to give support to this series, but I would definitely buy Bloom into you since is one of the few mangas I keep reading after discovering Manhwa...

It has only been licensed in North America, South Korea, & Taiwan, but no Spanish localization yet.

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 7:26PM

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

Girlfriends is licensed in spanish too. Only that and Citrus. The editorial who's doing Girlfriends is pretty nice, they seem very open to the idea of translating more yuri, so I could ask them to do yagakimi too.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

NTR and Citrus anime adaptation was to promote Yuri Hime, I doubt Ichijinsha care much if their anime succeed or not as romance series in general always do poorly.

I do understand why Citrus & NTR r chosen to be adapted & why they do have a higher chance of doing better than YagaKimi as an anime in the current state of the anime industry/community. I was just being salty about it lol About the fact that good story doesn't sell, but fanservice does. It's kind of sad. Reminds me that Sangatsu actually did poorly despite being one of the best things to come out of anime for a while... I'm glad that it's getting a S2 somehow... (This is totally off-topic)

There might be a slightly better chance for Bloom doing good than people think as a anime and getting a chance. The currently airing anime Tsuki ga Kirei is a middle school romance what seems be fairly popular in the west (I'm assume it doing ok in Japan also.). Thing is it is apparently more grounded and lacking the over the top drama and angst and all that usually goes with romance anime. So it leads it to being more along the type of story Bloom is instead the likes of Citrus and NTR. So maybe it is a sign of stories with a different focus instead of huge drama queen and all type might start getting more of a chance. I'll admit I've only watched a episode or 2 so far of it so mainly going by what other people said right now though.

Btw I just have say I am really bummed there is no Kase-san this month...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh. So she's a case of "If It's You, It's Okay".

joined Jun 12, 2015

Yeah. And here I thought the teacher will be an good example of bisexual woman, but nope. Nakatani Nio, I'm disappointed in you.

last edited at Jun 2, 2017 11:38AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Not a bad special chapter. A bit of the green eyed monster there, definitely... (I'm thinking that the teacher might have dated the guy in high school?)

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Not a bad special chapter. A bit of the green eyed monster there, definitely... (I'm thinking that the teacher might have dated the guy in high school?)

The guy as in Ichigaya? I don't think they went to school together since the teacher would've also known Touko's sister. But she probably had dated other guys before based on what her gf implies & I guess the cafe owner is her first gf & whom she chooses to be her partner in the end.

last edited at Jun 2, 2017 6:18PM

joined Apr 7, 2016

Yeah. And here I thought the teacher will be an good example of bisexual woman, but nope. Nakatani Nio, I'm disappointed in you.

While I do agree that it could've been executed better, I think it's still an example of bisexual women, though. I've met bisexuals who have went through most of their lives dating the opposite sex before finding the perfect partner in the same sex. Or she could be an example of heteroflexibility, which is a thing, too. I dunno, with how Nakatani's been portraying her characters, I trust she has a good idea of the sexuality spectrum and how it works.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Yuu: "I can't fall in love with anyone, be it guys or girls" ---> Falls for a girl anyway
Touko: "I can't accept anyone's love, be it guys or girls" ---> Falls for a girl anyway
Sayaka: "GL is not normal" ---> Falls for a girl anyway x2
Teacher: "I like men, not women" ---> Falls for a girl anyway

"Remember kids, if you're a girl who thinks you can't love girls, you will inevitably fall for one." -Nakatani Nio

This is the message of the story all along.

I'm sorry for my shitpost

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

Yuu: "I can't fall in love with anyone, be it guys or girls" ---> Falls for a girl anyway
Touko: "I can't accept anyone's love, be it guys or girls" ---> Falls for a girl anyway
Sayaka: "GL is not normal" ---> Falls for a girl anyway x2
Teacher: "I like men, not women" ---> Falls for a girl anyway

"Remember kids, if you're a girl who thinks you can't love girls, you will inevitably fall for one." -Nakatani Nio

This is the message of the story all along.

I'm sorry for my shitpost

oh boy
waits for my girl crush who doesnt know me and is studying in another state to fall for me

To reply you must either login or sign up.