Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

V3: Yuu realising what Touko's requests meant, and realising she couldn't cross those lines, even if it's what she would personally truly want.

Vol 3 cover is kinda great in the fact that it has 2-fold meaning. Yuu honestly wanting to stay in that moment with Touko, but we see that the rain has stopped. The other meaning, like you said, would be her trying to convince herself that she is fine staying in the current status quo in her relationship with Touko, but we know she's not exactly fine with that, deep down.

You know, it's a real shame that the localized versions of YagaKimi (except for the Korean one) don't have the obi's phrase with them. They add so much to the cover.

IKRRR
That chapter with the lights projected, she says something like, how she'd like to fall in love/reach for those stars right? Iirc, the chapter was titled "I can't reach the stars" symbolising that whatever she thinks love is, what it should feel like, she can't feel it, she can't reach those feelings.
But here we have her holding the projector, the stars shining on her. She's finally reached them

Yup. She has definitely reached the love she thought she couldn't feel, but rather than the "sweep you off your feet" kind of love, it's a more grounded one. One that sparks action and not just feelings. That's why I think her holding onto the projector is such an important detail.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Vol 3 cover is kinda great in the fact that it has 2-fold meaning. Yuu honestly wanting to stay in that moment with Touko, but we see that the rain has stopped. The other meaning, like you said, would be her trying to convince herself that she is fine staying in the current status quo in her relationship with Touko, but we know she's not exactly fine with that, deep down.

Oh yeaah, the rain. Nakatani plays with uh the light exposure sometimes, to portray the characters' state of mind. Like in the first chapter, when Yuu's friends would ask her what was wrong, and she'd just feel this emotional distance between them; we'd see Yuu drawn in the dark/shadows.
Same for chapter 8 or 9, after their study period, when Touko goes home at the end of the day, and she looks radiant, her back is facing the setting sun, while Yuu is in the dark, with an uneasy smile (iirc).
That whole raining chapter though. In the end, we get a pretty big revelation. I remember the dread I felt, when Yuu understood what Touko was really asking of her, and the implications of what would happen if things were to "change".
The cover to the volume, however. The rain has stopped, the sun is shining again, it's a beautiful, peaceful scene. It's a strange balance, really. They're in a nice, comforting mood/position/situation rn, but only Touko is the one fully enjoying it, and Yuu's mind is clear, it's running. She's stuck lol, she can't get any closer than this. They're close yet very far apart, they're not on the same page at all. If this is as far as they'd ever get, it makes sense that Yuu convinces herself that it's fine, if the alternative is to lose what they have. That's pretty much Sayaka's mindset, isn't it? Though in the end of volume 4, Yuu very much knows it's bullshit, heh, and unlike Sayaka, wants to do something about it.
When the play was first mentioned, it didn't seem very important tbh, but the moment they gave you an idea of what it was roughly about, I got really excited about the parallels between its plot and the current storyline. We've seen them rehearse their lines, but not really Yuu at all, though she plays a minor character. I wonder if the changes she'll propose to her friend will only involve Touko's character's decision, or maybe will we see Yuu's nurse get a bigger part.

You know, it's a real shame that the localized versions of YagaKimi (except for the Korean one) don't have the obi's phrase with them. They add so much to the cover.

Yeah they're pretty relevant, not just a half assed hook thrown in there, it's a shame that the obi is lost, given the format of English manga.

But here we have her holding the projector, the stars shining on her. She's finally reached them

Yup. She has definitely reached the love she thought she couldn't feel, but rather than the "sweep you off your feet" kind of love, it's a more grounded one. One that sparks action and not just feelings. That's why I think her holding onto the projector is such an important detail.

Yeaah that's right ( ´ ▽ ` )
She's still very different from Touko here, even in the way she loves. Touko's got her head in the clouds, she's probs got that feeling Yuu was trying to find. Yuu's got a good head on her shoulders, she's got a better hold of her feelings and a better idea of what she wants now.

Lol, the previous covers were pretty Yuu/Touko centric, while the 4th one is just "all eyes on Touko". Everyone is focused and just thinking about her, even Touko is thinking about Touko lmao. The relationship Touko shares with both Sayaka and Yuu, it's so unbalanced lol, it's all tipped in her favour

last edited at May 28, 2017 8:42AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Oh yeaah, the rain. Nakatani plays with uh the light exposure sometimes, to portray the characters' state of mind. Like in the first chapter, when Yuu's friends would ask her what was wrong, and she'd just feel this emotional distance between them; we'd see Yuu drawn in the dark/shadows.

& in ch 16 parallel, there was no distance between her & her friends & they were all in the light., symbolizing that Yuu has started to know or feel what love is~

She's stuck lol, she can't get any closer than this. They're close yet very far apart, they're not on the same page at all. If this is as far as they'd ever get, it makes sense that Yuu convinces herself that it's fine, if the alternative is to lose what they have. That's pretty much Sayaka's mindset, isn't it? Though in the end of volume 4, Yuu very much knows it's bullshit, heh, and unlike Sayaka, wants to do something about it.

Yup, they are two sides of the same coin, but one's love prompts them to act, the other is okay with the status quo.

I wonder if the changes she'll propose to her friend will only involve Touko's character's decision, or maybe will we see Yuu's nurse get a bigger part.

I was thinking more of the former, but the latter could be very likely as well. Will be interesting to find out. Next volume should be the start of the play. Then we get like maybe 1 or 2 vols after that to get resolutions for Touko & all her relationships. YagaKimi would probably end then... I don't want it to end, but this is not a story that you can drag on forever & I also want to see how it ends, so lol

Yeah they're pretty relevant, not just a half assed hook thrown in there, it's a shame that the obi is lost, given the format of English manga.

I really think they could've added them to the back's summary instead of coming up with their own cheesy hooks like "Only time can tell..." >_>

Lol, the previous covers were pretty Yuu/Touko centric, while the 4th one is just "all eyes on Touko". Everyone is focused and just thinking about her, even Touko is thinking about Touko lmao. The relationship Touko shares with both Sayaka and Yuu, it's so unbalanced lol, it's all tipped in her favour

Touko is looking at the sparkler like "I just started a fire. Shits will now go down b/c of me" lol
I just love how Nakatani uses perspective to convey characters' feelings & relationships to one another. She's so great. I love her. This series will adapt so well into an anime, I rlly hope Dengeki won't miss the opportunity to do so. Since Yuu is side by side along the big names (most already have their own animu) in the promotional image for Dengeki 25th anniversary campaign, can I dream that they're planning something big for YagaKimi?

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

& in ch 16 parallel, there was no distance between her & her friends & they were all in the light., symbolizing that Yuu has started to know or feel what love is~

She's stuck lol, she can't get any closer than this. They're close yet very far apart, they're not on the same page at all. If this is as far as they'd ever get, it makes sense that Yuu convinces herself that it's fine, if the alternative is to lose what they have. That's pretty much Sayaka's mindset, isn't it? Though in the end of volume 4, Yuu very much knows it's bullshit, heh, and unlike Sayaka, wants to do something about it.

Yup, they are two sides of the same coin, but one's love prompts them to act, the other is okay with the status quo.

I wonder if the changes she'll propose to her friend will only involve Touko's character's decision, or maybe will we see Yuu's nurse get a bigger part.

I was thinking more of the former, but the latter could be very likely as well. Will be interesting to find out. Next volume should be the start of the play. Then we get like maybe 1 or 2 vols after that to get resolutions for Touko & all her relationships. YagaKimi would probably end then... I don't want it to end, but this is not a story that you can drag on forever & I also want to see how it ends, so lol

I really think they could've added them to the back's summary instead of coming up with their own cheesy hooks like "Only time can tell..." >_>

Touko is looking at the sparkler like "I just started a fire. Shits will now go down b/c of me" lol
I just love how Nakatani uses perspective to convey characters' feelings & relationships to one another. She's so great. I love her. This series will adapt so well into an anime, I rlly hope Dengeki won't miss the opportunity to do so. Since Yuu is side by side along the big names (most already have their own animu) in the promotional image for Dengeki 25th anniversary campaign, can I dream that they're planning something big for YagaKimi?

Nnn I don't want it to end after Touko and Yuu get together, I want to see them as a couple and growing old together :/ even if it's just one more volume that features their lives as a couple and then the manga ends. Btw the special 4 mentioned at the end that summer holiday will continue so I guess the culture festival and play thing will start in volume 6. Sayaka is actually an important character too, I don't think a resolution for her crush on Touko will be easy so I'm expecting an arc focused on her after Touko and Yuu resolve her issues.

joined Apr 7, 2016

Btw, here's another parallel that I thought is as great as the one between ch 1 & 16 (Appreciate the fact that Yuu is holding onto the physical object of her love rather than grabbing for stars, which, IMO, symbolize her initial idealized love)

I think someone mentioned on a Youtube video that it also represents that it's meant to symbolize that she has finally accepted a love that is grounded and more real as opposed to the idealized impression she had. Yuu actually WANTS this relationship to work, and she's going to put in the effort to make it happen.

This is such a good message because real life relationships are not like the stories--they're complex, require hard work, and need constant, honest communication. This is why I enjoy this series so much. I've never seen this message in a romance/shoujo manga before, let alone a yuri one.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Nnn I don't want it to end after Touko and Yuu get together, I want to see them as a couple and growing old together :/ even if it's just one more volume that features their lives as a couple and then the manga ends. Btw the special 4 mentioned at the end that summer holiday will continue so I guess the culture festival and play thing will start in volume 6. Sayaka is actually an important character too, I don't think a resolution for her crush on Touko will be easy so I'm expecting an arc focused on her after Touko and Yuu resolve her issues.

I want to see that too, honestly. Tho I feel like this manga, like most slow-burn romance, is more about the process of them falling in love. I'm hoping we'll at least get some time skip scenes with them now living together & Touko becoming a responsible husband gf to Yuu & them taking care of their science babies, ofc. They can also begin at the end of vol 5, who knows. We'll see next month. I imagine Sayaka's resolution to be integrated into Touko's relationship resolution somehow. But yeah, 7-8 vols would probably be the length for this series.

joined Apr 7, 2016

I want to see that too, honestly. Tho I feel like this manga, like most slow-burn romance, is more about the process of them falling in love. I'm hoping we'll at least get some time skip scenes with them now living together & Touko becoming a responsible husband gf to Yuu & them taking care of their science babies, ofc. They can also begin at the end of vol 5, who knows. We'll see next month. I imagine Sayaka's resolution to be integrated into Touko's relationship resolution somehow. But yeah, 7-8 vols would probably be the length for this series.

I really hope it doesn't end with just them getting together. Ideally, I would like this manga to get the Kimi ni Todoke treatment, where it took the main couple, like, 50-60 chapters to get together before following their lives (and everyone else's) afterwards.

But judging by how Nakatani has been portraying relationships (in a more "this is how it realistically should be like" fashion), maybe we'll get that. Maybe we'll have Yuu and Touko reaching a mutual resolution that has them both realizing that they have to work together and put in effort to make their relationship work, and we'll follow all the ups and downs of it while also getting closure with the other characters.

Then again, it could really go either way at this point. I think it's still a little too early to say anything for sure. I don't Yagakimi will exceed something like 100 chapters, but I really, REALLY hope it goes for at least 50.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

@Saizon The thing about this manga is that it has rather focused themes about identity & relationship that are integrated into an actual centralized plot. It's not exactly an SOL where it can write in any situations it wants to continue on forever. The moment Touko is able to resolve her identity and relationship problems, it not only wraps up the plot, but the themes as well. Because of that, showing Touko's & Yuu's complete life as a couple, while can be cute, doesn't add anything to the overall themes & plot. Also, Nakatani is not exactly the type who does feel-good SOL or one who spells out everything that will happen to her characters & their relationship. Most of her stories have some sort of relationship complications that the characters have to come to term with & a lot of them are left rather open-ended. That's why I think YagaKimi will most likely end on Touko & Yuu getting together. If we're lucky enough, Nakatani might show us some glimpses of their adult life, but I don't think she'll dedicate several chapters or volumes for that.

joined Jul 17, 2016

@Saizon The thing about this manga is that it has rather focused themes about identity & relationship that are integrated into an actual centralized plot. It's not exactly an SOL where it can write in any situations it wants to continue on forever. The moment Touko is able to resolve her identity and relationship problems, it not only wraps up the plot, but the themes as well. Because of that, showing Touko's & Yuu's complete life as a couple, while can be cute, doesn't add anything to the overall themes & plot. Also, Nakatani is not exactly the type who does feel-good SOL or one who spells out everything that will happen to her characters & their relationship. Most of her stories have some sort of relationship complications that the characters have to come to term with & a lot of them are left rather open-ended. That's why I think YagaKimi will most likely end on Touko & Yuu getting together. If we're lucky enough, Nakatani might show us some glimpses of their adult life, but I don't think she'll dedicate several chapters or volumes for that.

Well, there are some things that one can look forward to after Touko and Yuu get together that aren't exactly sol, like seeing how their relationship works after Touko changed, meeting each other's parents, sex obviously 7u7 ,what they'll do after highschool and other similar stuff. Well that's more my wishful thinking than anything but I do hope to see at least the things I mentioned, a timeskip would work fine too. I just want to see Yuu being very happy after finally falling in love like she always wanted, and if the story ends right after Touko and Yuu end up dating we'll just see best girl finally smiling happily like about the last chapter and nope, also Iike saizon said I just like this story too much to see it end after the Touko issue is resolved. But I'm not having my hopes too up, like you said there's a probability it'll end after the central plot is finished.

last edited at May 28, 2017 10:48PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ I understand how you feel though. I also love this series A LOT, so I seriously don't want it to end. Trust me. I do want to see Touko and Yuu's life as a couple. I was just saying that it's kinda unlikely because of the type of story this is. (Although, idk, maybe short special chapters? I can see Nakatani doing shorts showing glimpses of their relationship as a couple)

meeting each other's parents

Ok, I do really want to see that, especially hoping to see Rei teasing the heck out of Touko & Yuu. Yuu's family's reactions would be gold since they once joked around about Yuu getting a gf after all lol

sex obviously 7u7

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) I highly doubt there'll be one, but I once said that YagaKimi would be my ideal yuri series if it ends with an intimate, happy sex scene between Touko & Yuu.

I just want to see Yuu being very happy after finally falling in love like she always wanted

You & me both. I'm so glad to see so many ppl here wishing for Yuu's happiness unlike on /u/

joined Jul 17, 2016

^ I understand how you feel though. I also love this series A LOT, so I seriously don't want it to end. Trust me. I do want to see Touko and Yuu's life as a couple. I was just saying that it's kinda unlikely because of the type of story this is. (Although, idk, maybe short special chapters? I can see Nakatani doing shorts showing glimpses of their relationship as a couple)

meeting each other's parents

Ok, I do really want to see that, especially hoping to see Rei teasing the heck out of Touko & Yuu. Yuu's family's reactions would be gold since they once joked around about Yuu getting a gf after all lol

sex obviously 7u7

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) I highly doubt there'll be one, but I once said that YagaKimi would be my ideal yuri series if it ends with an intimate, happy sex scene between Touko & Yuu.

I just want to see Yuu being very happy after finally falling in love like she always wanted

You & me both. I'm so glad to see so many ppl here wishing for Yuu's happiness unlike on /u/

I do think there could be sex but not shown very explicitly, maybe discretion shot or something similar (?) I mean Nakatani drew a sex scene in a Touhou doujin , and that scene in chapter 16 was hot 7u7 plus chapter 20 showed some nudity, so I don't think Nakatani is shy about making a sex scene. But how much we'll see there depends on editor-san.

joined Apr 7, 2016

Yeah, you're right. That's why I said "ideally" in my previous post. Because I KNOW deep down the stuff we want probably isn't going to happen. But hey, one can dream and hope, right?

It's a shame, really. Nakatani is a pretty good storyteller, I like Yuu as a protagonist, and the side characters actually have at least some depth to them. Also, this manga has subverted so many romance/shoujo/yuri genre tropes. It'd just be a bit of a waste, in my opinion, if it just ends with them getting together. If it actually just ends after 7-8 volumes, then I would feel frustrated at all the wasted potential.

last edited at May 28, 2017 11:50PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I do think there could be sex but not shown very explicitly, maybe discretion shot or something similar (?) I mean Nakatani drew a sex scene in a Touhou doujin , and that scene in chapter 16 was hot 7u7 plus chapter 20 showed some nudity, so I don't think Nakatani is shy about making a sex scene. But how much we'll see there depends on editor-san.

I'm not too worried about Nakatani shying away from sex scenes cuz like you said, she drew one once in her 2hu doujin. I trust her to add sex where she thinks it is appropriate to show & I think showing Touko & Yuu having sex once they have come to a mutual & healthy emotional connection will be a nice way to wrap up this series. But yeah, it all comes down to whether the peeps at Dengeki will allow her to do that or not.

It's a shame, really. Nakatani is a pretty good storyteller, I like Yuu as a protagonist, and the side characters actually have at least some depth to them. Also, this manga has subverted so many romance/shoujo/yuri genre tropes. It'd just be a bit of a waste, in my opinion, if it just ends with them getting together. If it actually just ends after 7-8 volumes, then I would feel frustrated at all the wasted potential.

She is & part of being a good storyteller is to know when to end the story to leave an impact, so I'll just trust that she knows the best direction for this series. For me, as long as it is thematically fulfilling, I'll be happy~

joined Sep 21, 2014

That worries me a bit actually
When Rei teased Yuu about it at dinner, didn't their dad kinda shut it down? Like a "don't say/joke about such things" kind of tone. We're not sure exactly how strongly the parents would feel about it, but I'd be a bit nervous, though it's nice that at the very least, Rei would be supportive.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

That worries me a bit actually
When Rei teased Yuu about it at dinner, didn't their dad kinda shut it down? Like a "don't say/joke about such things" kind of tone. We're not sure exactly how strongly the parents would feel about it, but I'd be a bit nervous, though it's nice that at the very least, Rei would be supportive.

The tone in the original Jap is not really him being against it, from what I've heard. I think what he said was more along the line of "I wouldn't know what to do if that was actually the case." So if he does find out about Yuu getting a gf, I think he'll be shocked, but he won't be like "I WON'T ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN."

This is why I really didn't like the 7seas TL. They changed the tone significantly by having the dad saying "I'm afraid I'd have to put my foot down if it was." It comes off as him being strongly against Yuu getting a gf even though that's not rlly the case :/

last edited at May 29, 2017 1:12AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

This is why I really didn't like the 7seas TL. They changed the tone significantly by having the dad saying "I'm afraid I have to put my foot down if it was." It comes off as him being strongly against Yuu getting a gf even though that's not rlly the case :/

Hahahaha lets no talk about 7seas I'm really tilted by the small details :')
They wrote Touko and Sayaka's names wrong like 3 times in volume 1 hahaha //jfc pls
At one point, the teachers were saying that x person would be proud of Touko (author deliberately being vague) and they TL'd it as "her friend would be proud". Yes. Her sister. The teachers are knowingly talking about her sister and called her Touko's friend. Gj it makes perfect sense
I just read v2 and the chapter focusing on Maki-kun was TL'd to "I'm not an actress" or something. Yeah no, that wasn't about Yuu, it was about Maki, Maki's the one preferring to watch the "plays" unfold like a spectator, he's the one saying he isn't an actor. Even if it was subject for debate as to whonis the title named after (since Yuu really isn't down to act either, though considering the context, it really wasn't about her), they should have left it as "actor" tbh, since it's gender neutral.
But daamn @7seas taking guesses/trying to be more specific than the lines really were and just getting it wrong. I'll still buy the books to support the series but tbh I'll just trust the scanlations for more accurate translations and refer to them to see the bigger picture

last edited at May 29, 2017 1:22AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Once again prove that 7seas didn't properly read this series b4 actually doing anything with it.

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

what i'm really happy about this manga (aside from its beautifully told story) is its fanbase. The length of trust people actually give to the author and the amount of praise it has gotten everytime new chapter (and special chapter) is released makes me so happy. Heck, it's not even my own works and im so proud

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

Also, the translation of special chapter is out:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8lq2pep1a63m2bx/%5B4s%5D_Yagate_Kimi_ni_Naru_-_Special_4.zip

(in case people still havent seen it)
im so happy that Sensei is a Bisexual, meaning Nakatani is aware about the sexuality spectrum, she probably makes Maki as an Ace by purpose

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

This is why I really didn't like the 7seas TL. They changed the tone significantly by having the dad saying "I'm afraid I have to put my foot down if it was." It comes off as him being strongly against Yuu getting a gf even though that's not rlly the case :/

Hahahaha lets no talk about 7seas I'm really tilted by the small details :')
They wrote Touko and Sayaka's names wrong like 3 times in volume 1 hahaha //jfc pls
At one point, the teachers were saying that x person would be proud of Touko (author deliberately being vague) and they TL'd it as "her friend would be proud". Yes. Her sister. The teachers are knowingly talking about her sister and called her Touko's friend. Gj it makes perfect sense
I just read v2 and the chapter focusing on Maki-kun was TL'd to "I'm not an actress" or something. Yeah no, that wasn't about Yuu, it was about Maki, Maki's the one preferring to watch the "plays" unfold like a spectator, he's the one saying he isn't an actor. Even if it was subject for debate as to whonis the title named after (since Yuu really isn't down to act either, though considering the context, it really wasn't about her), they should have left it as "actor" tbh, since it's gender neutral.
But daamn @7seas taking guesses/trying to be more specific than the lines really were and just getting it wrong. I'll still buy the books to support the series but tbh I'll just trust the scanlations for more accurate translations and refer to them to see the bigger picture

It is funny considering that a 7seas rep actually came on reddit when it was being talked about the series having gotten licensed. They were going on about how much 7seas loves their yuri and how much care they would put in translating it. They even responded when the issue of another series having a poor translation from a different publisher was brought up and them asking what was wrong with it.

After Touko issues get cleared up and they get together for chapters afterwards I have trouble imagining Yuu in a sex scene for some reason. I would like to see it come out to her family or at least her sister to see what she does. I'd also really like see how it is handled at school if they keep it secret or let people know. If it isn't kept secret I really want know what the rest the school reaction would be. The school idol who has turned down everyone is suddenly in a relationship and with a girl plus a underclassman. Anyone of those would cause a big reaction but to combine all three!! We already had a chapter with Yuu worried about what would happen if it was found out.

Something noone seems be mentioning is they are a year apart in grades so eventually they won't be going to school together and Yuu will have a year alone on her own in school. Depending where Touko goes to college they could end up completely separated for at least a year if not longer also. What effect could this have on their relationships. We have a few running romance series right now dealing with this issue. One where they worked so they could be in the same area and near each other even in college. Another where it is a forgone conclusion that college is going to separate them and how will they deal with being apart from each other while still remaining in a relationship. Then another about them staying in same area but trying find time for each other. This is no small thing the effect it could have on how their relationship works out.

joined Apr 6, 2017

what i'm really happy about this manga (aside from its beautifully told story) is its fanbase. The length of trust people actually give to the author and the amount of praise it has gotten everytime new chapter (and special chapter) is released makes me so happy. Heck, it's not even my own works and im so proud

Well its first volume is the number one seller on amazon in the yuri/yaoi genre right now.

joined Apr 6, 2017

I like how that cover art is all divine and super powered beings and then there is Yuu just a normal everyday High School girl in with them.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I like how that cover art is all divine and super powered beings and then there is Yuu just a normal everyday High School girl in with them.

Pfft
Yuu was noticed by senpai, that's a superpower right there

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Well its first volume is the number one seller on amazon in the yuri/yaoi genre right now.

Actually, 10 count is no.1. Yaoi will always beat yuri no matter what, sadly.

YagaKimi's success is more prominent in Japan, tbh. I remember vol 3 basically topped the Amazon JP manga ranking within the first week of its release, both in the physical & Kindle categories. The overall sale as of the time of vol 3's release was 250K. Vol 1 had had its 11th reprint a couple of months back. I'm expecting an overall sale of around 400-500K by the time vol 4 is out.

It always makes me rlly happy when I see how successful this series is over there in JP ; ;

Pfft
Yuu was noticed by senpai, that's a superpower right there

LOL

last edited at May 29, 2017 11:40PM

joined Dec 3, 2014

The 250k figure is number of circulation for all 3 volume, which includes all the tankoubon have been sold + printed and currently in stock. It's not the same as sale number, also figure given by the publisher tends to be inflated a little. Realistic expectation would have Yagakimi at around 300k-350k circulation by the time vol 4 is out. Would have to see if its 1st week can chart Oricon to say if it's a "big" hit and is public friendly (the cut line for Oricon each week is around 15-30k, however their number is underestimated). And as far as I remember the only yuri ever manage to chart Oricon are Murcielago and Yuru Yuri.

Still, one thing for sure is it has been a success for Dengeki Daioh. The magazine has always been yuri friendly, but I don't think they ever realize the potential until YagaKimi comes out. They've been slowly pushing yuri with Eclair, and a new yuri serialization will start in the magazine next month (though I'm not very hopeful about this one given the synopsis. But we will have to wait and see).

I can see Eclair becomes a quarterly or bi-yearly thing since it's a low risk venture, but anything more, like a YagaKimi anime is still highly unlikely, unless Dengeki really feels the need to push book sale.

But maybe if enough Eclair and Yagakimi tanks are sold then they will have a change of heart. So go place your order today. Eclair Blanche is also super stacked, their line up is pretty much golden so confirm you will get something good out of it.

PS: Buy Galette while you're at it too

last edited at May 30, 2017 12:19AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.