Forum › Skirt no Naka wa Kedamono Deshita. Manga Gets TV Anime

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Series about college student who meets crossdresser debuts in July

Watch the PV https://youtu.be/oOsrDy-IKRo

The story begins when the reserved Shizuka attends a local mixer party but has trouble adjusting to the atmosphere. A beautiful older female college student named Ryō starts talking to her, and the pair hit it off. Shizuka goes to spend the night at Ryō's place. However, Ryō unexpectedly kisses Shizuka and pushes her down. Shizuka thinks the beautiful woman is a lesbian but soon discovers that Ryō is actually a man dressed as a woman.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-24/skirt-no-naka-wa-kedamono-deshita-manga-gets-tv-anime/.116521

This is a surprise, I never expected a work like this to be animated (didn't even know the manga), so how do you feel about it? I'm not even sure if this category has enough fans, I saw a manga like this (is on this site) but it was mostly comedy, but this looks very serious aimed to mature public (an uncensored version will be aired too).

When I read a manga with a crossdresser, they're most of the times yaoi, maybe that's why I have mixed feelings. And I'm against the idea of waiting to be in the bed to say "surprise!"

last edited at May 24, 2017 2:22PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Now there's a kinda gross premise. "I reveal that I'm a guy in the middle of intimacy". Really highlights the worst implications of the word "trap". Except it's a girl rather than a guy being fooled/preyed upon this time.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Woooo, another yuri anime! It's probably gonna suck but I'm so damn excited - wait, wait.

but soon discovers that Ryō is actually a man dressed as a woman.

Well, fuck, I'm out of here. Certainly nothing wrong with crossdressing, but there is something wrong with this premise...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Does the crossdresser identifies as female? That's the main question.

If it's like Himegoto Juukyuusai no Seifuku, and a Kaito like character, it can be interesting.

Or it's just ecchi and lame.

last edited at May 24, 2017 5:02PM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Intriguing how, along with this season's Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni... , there's now a trend of "hentai for TV" series. For those unaware, the format they're using is fully censored version for the main channels, 15+ version (ie. there's nipples) for AT-X, and an uncut 18+ version (with just the minimum level of censorship required by law) available on the web, albeit in 360p and behind a paywall. I wonder if they'll be brave enough to try a yuri smut series, if there's any ongoing ones they can adapt at least.

And yes, heterosexual traps are just the worst

last edited at May 24, 2017 5:01PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Goggled Anon posted:

And yes, heterosexual traps are just the worst

I found the "trap" in Himegoto Juukyuusai no Seifuku interesting. There's a psychological dimension in his character that made me ponder

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Does the crossdresser identifies as female? That's the main question.

If it's like Himegoto Juukyuusai no Seifuku, and a Kaito like character, it can be interesting.

Or it's just ecchi and lame.

I'm guessing it's more like the cross dresser from Kuragehime. He puts on fancy dresses and all the neccessary bits to look fabulous, but at the end of the day he's still a guy with sexual desires for a woman. Especially considering this is an adult manga adaptation.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

If it's a transgender individual, I'd be interested, since that's rarely portrayed in a serious manner (off the top of my head, Shangri-La and Tamako Market are two series that has non-comic-relief transgender characters). If it's just a dude who sometimes crossdresses, I probably won't bother with it.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Disgusting. Apparently the author lack the ability to attract reader with his own talent so he went with clickbait. Humans and their disgusting nature at its finest.

Hope this would be a mega crash.

sighs Apparently we are getting this shit instead of yuri adaptation of Octave or The Real Her.

last edited at May 24, 2017 6:39PM

joined Mar 15, 2017

There seems to be very little awareness of Teens Love manga outside of Japan, even though it's a reasonably important category of manga. Important enough that Amazon has a TL Kindle book category, which is more than yuri gets. Now it seems it's starting to get anime adaptations.

Within TL, the premise of the female protagonist meeting a man who forces himself on her is commonplace. This one should probably be looked at as being another instance of that, just its gimmick to make it stand out from the crowd is that he's a crossdresser.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

FFS
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

last edited at May 24, 2017 7:19PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Disgusting. Apparently the author lack the ability to attract reader with his own talent so he went with clickbait. Humans and their disgusting nature at its finest.

Hope this would be a mega crash.

sighs Apparently we are getting this shit instead of yuri adaptation of Octave or The Real Her.

The title makes it pretty obvious what it is about, so I wouldn't call it clickbait.
I don't know why this was posted here, anyway. Has nothing to do with yuri.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Maybe as a warning? I thought it would be interesting to discuss, but not to watch.
I like dynasty because it has lot of yuri, but it was never a yuri only site.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Maybe as a warning? I thought it would be interesting to discuss, but not to watch.

It's not a yuri only site, but it's weird to create a topic for a random show that probably no one will be interested, anyway.
This is just another josei smut, just like that one with a monk this season, but with a trap instead (No, he's not trans). Synopsis and name are pretty obvious, so I doubt anyone would watch it thinking it's yuri.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

What does that title mean in English anyway? All I understand is... skirt. Though, really, no half-decent non-smutty anime has "skirt" in the title, so I guess I can glean enough information from the title even with my non-existent Japanese skills.

joined Jan 11, 2015

Fondly remembers ye olde days of Solelo...

Edit: @Minutoh
It means "beneath the skirt there was a beast".

last edited at May 24, 2017 10:55PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wtv posted:

It's not a yuri only site, but it's weird to create a topic for a random show that probably no one will be interested, anyway.
This is just another josei smut, just like that one with a monk this season, but with a trap instead (No, he's not trans). Synopsis and name are pretty obvious, so I doubt anyone would watch it thinking it's yuri.

Synopsis yes, name... Only in english, because imagine if you're an innocent yuri fan and you watch that PV, and then you see the promotional art... AND then watch the anime and pass the first hall BOOM! It's just a prank bro . I hope no one gets baited.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Wtv posted:

Synopsis yes, name... Only in english, because imagine if you're an innocent yuri fan and you watch that PV, and then you see the promotional art... AND then watch the anime and pass the first hall BOOM! It's just a prank bro . I hope no one gets baited.

Hm. Well, I always read synopsis before watching something. I though it was common sense, but maybe not.

joined Jan 11, 2015

@Wtv
I honestly frequently avoid reading the synopsis of shows, because I like being surprised. I mostly just check the tags/genre, and the promotional art.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

:O

soon discovers that Ryō is actually a man dressed as a woman.

.... no thanks.

joined Dec 19, 2016

I get this is a yuri site, but it's fun to watch all the misandry going on. Also love all the butthurt comments because it's not some deep psychological insight into why he crossdresses. There are straight crossdressers. Get over it.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I get this is a yuri site, but it's fun to watch all the misandry going on. Also love all the butthurt comments because it's not some deep psychological insight into why he crossdresses. There are straight crossdressers. Get over it.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really see any of these things you're complaining about in this thread... sure, I see complaining since they want yuri and they're not getting it (well, I was complaining about that too but that's irrelevant), but that's certainly not complaining over why this straight crossdresser dude. Where are you seeing this stuff?

last edited at Jun 19, 2017 9:40PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Relevant

last edited at Jun 19, 2017 10:27PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The guy forcing himself on the girl is bad enough. If it's misandry saying a guy shouldn't sexually assault a girl, then I am a misandrist, I gues.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'm no expert, but I think this genre appeals to people (presumably this one is targeted at young women) because viewers don't see this as sexual assault. There's a ton of erotica where the main character is pushed down and "forced" to have sex, but is perfectly happy doing so, because the aggressor is someone she's attracted to and the sex is enjoyable.

It's pretty common "rape fantasy" fare, and it occurs in yuri often enough as well (to start with, every single work by Mira). It's hard to judge whether it crosses the line just by a synopsis.

To reply you must either login or sign up.