Forum › My Cute Little Kitten discussion

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

She is pretty forward to say ''Love to kiss you and have sex''

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Morinaga Milk!! Yes! But, why does one "adult" character have to look like a kid??

Download
joined Dec 5, 2016

oh my lord, I will check everyday until chapter 2 0u0

joined May 19, 2011

I do like that there's absolutely no room to misunderstand right from the first chapter. It's not "I love you too" and both taking the other as meaning friendship, it's right there in the open. I can't think of a lot of series where they state their intentions so clearly at the start, all the more so from Morinaga.

Also, is it me or does the art look a little different from her norm? It seems similar to some of the more "pretty" parts of A Room For Two.

More like stretch with less queer baiting. Which is good, I liked stretch.

0asm1
joined Oct 28, 2013

I'm crying since chapter one. which is usually a good sign. it's heart warming to see how the slightly careless, mousy, introverted Yuna always got spoiled by the dependable, nonplussed Rena. but it's also heart breaking to see how Rena resigned to her fate right after confessing, she already accepted that this is the end of their life together and perhaps their friendship. man... that hurts. and this all happened because of a cute, defenseless, totally innocent kitten.............

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Woohoo, good ol' MM. Nothing will beat Girlfriends for me (Akko is the best oh my goodness) but this is pretty nice.

I was a bit apprehensive with the whole "we could be together for ever but only as friends angst" vibe I was getting with it at the beginning and I had a feeling the smaller girl was going to be adamant on keeping the cat and breaking the rules, so for her to be like actually I wanna keep it so I'm moving out was pretty sensible as well as the whole confession straight off the bat. NICE!

I can see smaller girl being all aa aa lets just stay friends, forever blushing and just making taller girl angst a lot (Morinaga right?? hahaha) while trying to keep everything how it is, but I hope they don't move in together in a new place and try to keep the status quo.

MAYBE TRY DATING OR SOMETHING, THAT WOULD BE FUN

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't know. I just can't get into it yet.

We lack the progression we had in Girlfriends. Essentially, it skips the whole "falling in love" part to dive immediately into the drama. It's all cute and all at first, but it's abrupt.

I don't see how it can progress now, except for unnecessary drama. Without a quick resolution (ie, Yuna accepts her feelings), it will drag on and on with misunderstandings.

"Oh hey, I want to have sex with you since a while. So, if you don't want to, let's go our separate ways".

Okay, bye.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Morinaga fav artist did not realised until the end it was her cause her drawing keeps getting better

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

This is different it is 100% funded by yuri fans if this crashes and burns it's means there isn't a big enough audience for yuri to support itself. If you break out when something like galette is out you'll be a break off in the already small community and would either hurt just her and not make enough both her and galette so why not just stick with the group keep the community in one place. In short she will be fine galette shows no signs of burning to the ground and if it does use the solo mode as a last resort it's not like she can't just jump ship before it explodes.

Precisely that. How do they pretend to do better than Yuri Hime and other pretty famous magazines that went under with the exact same recipe?

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

This is different it is 100% funded by yuri fans if this crashes and burns it's means there isn't a big enough audience for yuri to support itself. If you break out when something like galette is out you'll be a break off in the already small community and would either hurt just her and not make enough both her and galette so why not just stick with the group keep the community in one place. In short she will be fine galette shows no signs of burning to the ground and if it does use the solo mode as a last resort it's not like she can't just jump ship before it explodes.

Precisely that. How do they pretend to do better than Yuri Hime and other pretty famous magazines that went under with the exact same recipe?

Because they get the money before hand. It's like pre-ordering, they know exactly the minimum it's going to sale and can plan around that. Less risk than a regular magazine.

last edited at May 21, 2017 5:39AM

joined Mar 15, 2017

It's not trying to make a profit and it's a large doujinshi project enabled by crowdfund support, so it should be more sustainable at lower levels of sales than would make sense for a commercial publication.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Well, I do hope they succeed then and at some point along the road they provide english translations at least for their digital material.

Still not sure how this is better for them while illustrators like Kuvshinov Ilya make more than $3k a week from Patreon alone.

last edited at May 21, 2017 6:07AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Omg... I just... Pressed the link because of the title... But it's Morinaga! My heart! I'm going to end up restless!!

joined Jan 8, 2014

Ooo, some new stuff! And it's got the "adult" tag!
Woo-Hoo! ^_^ im really excited to read this ^_^
all that's left is to hope for more releases <3

Thanks for scantalating!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

Essentially, it skips the whole "falling in love" part

I don't see how skipping falling in love is bad. It depends on execution and intentions, but most of the time falling in love part is what drags on the most. I want some series to actually focus what is after the confession. Hopefully we will get it in this work (maybe finally some couple life), but with the whole "I want to live with you forever", they are totally going to hook up.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nevri posted:

Nya-chan posted:

Essentially, it skips the whole "falling in love" part

I don't see how skipping falling in love is bad.

Two words : character building. It's probably my personal preference, but in order to get invested in a story and its characters, I need to get a glimpse of what makes them original, what fleshes them out. I don't much care about characters that seem to be born yesterday.

Here, Morinaga does away with any background for her characters. They have been friends and roommates for a while, they both are working, one in a restaurant or something, the other from home (doing what? Who cares?). One fell in love with the other along the way. Okay, that's it.

The rest of their lives is a blank slate. It was also one of the thing that made Hana to Hina a bit boring.

At least, in Girlfriends, Akko and Mari had families, friends and hobbies. They weren't living disconnected from the world. I got attached to them.

This one doesn't seem to be about a couple learning to live together. It seems to be about drama and how, after some tortuous process, they will eventually hook up.

I hope what comes after fleshes out the characters, because I find them flat. I can't feel any empathy yet. Maybe it will get better in the following chapters.

Welp, time to re-read Girlfriends for the umpteenth time.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

So as long as she fleshes character out it is k?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

We will see how it goes.

Tbh, I didn't care much for Hana and Hina. They were cute and I'd wish them to live happily ever after, but they were lacking any presence.

Here, I fear that Morinaga is going for the same type of story of "will they/won't they" accept their feelings.

I know this is her trademark, but the whole "let's make everything overwhelmingly cute" ("Oh, a kitten... so cute") makes me want to bring back some reality into her stories.

Eh... for once, I wish a guy makes his appearance and is a serious rival. That will shake off the whole "cute" acts.

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

This isn't a normal mag my God how are you not understanding those ran off sales and ads so there were corporate ties this has zero corporate ties none at all. This runs off people donating and the money made from sales and donations gets split after the fact instead of being hired it's more of a creative group then a job. So here's how it works if it was things could be cut at a moment's notice and no one but fans would care here if she gets axed the fans are also the investors so literally everything would fall apart. Get it now? The formula is this we get money from fans to make a yuri mag so we keep them happy and we stay afloat yay. Old formula we need to keep the guys at the top happy so stuff they don't like we cut there's literally no way for a mag that does well to 100% know what is and isn't popular because they sell a decent amount outside of Japan so generally stuff is axed for corprare reasons. There isn't a corporation here it's literally the fans funding the mag so fan outrage is MASSIVE more so then anything else if they get an advertiser the ads pull out it's annoying but nothing big if the fans pull out then that's the instant death.

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

We will see how it goes.

Tbh, I didn't care much for Hana and Hina. They were cute and I'd wish them to live happily ever after, but they were lacking any presence.

Here, I fear that Morinaga is going for the same type of story of "will they/won't they" accept their feelings.

I know this is her trademark, but the whole "let's make everything overwhelmingly cute" ("Oh, a kitten... so cute") makes me want to bring back some reality into her stories.

Eh... for once, I wish a guy makes his appearance and is a serious rival. That will shake off the whole "cute" acts.

There are some that do that but as far as I know they all either suck or got so much hate the writer moved on to a different genera.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

How galette makes money:

As noted the primary source of funding is by crowd funding through Enty. Since the comic isn't monthly but only comes out at Comitia events, it doesn't need to take in as much money at a time, because the people who work on it have more time they can spend on other work elsewhere.

A lot of donations are at the ~$5 level. Since this gets a digital copy of the magazine, it's easy for overseas patrons like me to put money in and get something out without having to live in Japan or pay a ton of money on shipping. Since printing, distributing, etc. don't matter for digital works, that's a significant improvement of margins and a major reason why a decent number of long-run in yuri stuff has gone digital like Kase-san or Master and Mel. Basically means there are lots of people who put in an affordable amount of money and get the work.

Of course there's no upper limit to donations and some yuri fans of means have put more money into the project. There are higher tiers for that, and the special rewards have been "sign up at this tier for like 5 months and get a thing", so the likelihood of a major drop in funding is low at any given time.

Copies printed that aren't sent to backers get sold at Comitia events. Volume 1 I think may still be sold on Toranoana, or maybe it was Melonbooks. Forget which one it was and a bit too lazy to look right now.

last edited at May 21, 2017 11:51AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

i bet this going to be dark.
happy beginning means dark plot.

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

I'm always down for some MM. Blondie seems a biiiiiit straightforward though... curious.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Morinaga Milk sensei did it again!!!!!! I LOVE this already, possibly because of CATS.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

This is just sad.

To reply you must either login or sign up.