Forum › Happiness Maker discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Cute and short, loved it. I never get tired of Nanoha even though it's been so long since I watched it.

Also, it just wouldn't let me into this forum, it said "The page you were looking for doesn't exist".

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I find it a little odd that that Nanoha asked Vivio if she was okay with it. I mean she's the parent, shouldn't she tell Vivio straight out that it IS okay?

Homura E.N.D
Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

A problem because both of them are women?

Girls please, you saved the world seven million times, captured many evil dudes, are the most powerful magical fighters AND you're part of Hayate's lesbian army! The society must be thankful to you! :D

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"Are you two lovers?" asks the girl to her two moms, while one is feeding the other.

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Nothing in the series ever suggested that them both being women is a problem, at least as far as I remember.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

By the time of Strikers and Vivid the show is not even taking place on Earth, so no particular reason that such cultural biases would ever come into play.

last edited at May 2, 2017 2:08AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"Are you two lovers?" asks the girl to her two moms, while one is feeding the other.

The Takamachi family in a nutshell.

Nothing in the series ever suggested that them both being women is a problem, at least as far as I remember.

Yeah, just wanted to point that out, too. The Mid society canonically seems to give exactly zero (0) fucks about that sort of thing. Which may have been one of the reasons Nanoha moved there, in the first place, if you think about it.

last edited at May 2, 2017 2:11AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

themusicman500 posted:

I find it a little odd that that Nanoha asked Vivio if she was okay with it. I mean she's the parent, shouldn't she tell Vivio straight out that it IS okay?

I have yet to read/watch the actual series but in all the doujins I've read it's always seemed like Nanoha is a very considerate person. So it doesn't really seem particularly odd to me. Plus rather than leading your kid in the right direction immediately it's, in my opinion, a good idea to let them consider it on their own first. Kids tend not to get caught up in moronic prejudices as easily as adults do so there's really no harm in it.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I have yet to read/watch the actual series but in all the doujins I've read it's always seemed like Nanoha is a very considerate person. So it doesn't really seem particularly odd to me. Plus rather than leading your kid in the right direction immediately it's, in my opinion, a good idea to let them consider it on their own first. Kids tend not to get caught up in moronic prejudices as easily as adults do so there's really no harm in it.

You're right that leading questions can be a good teaching tool, but if your child asks you a question whose answer is "yes", why not say yes? It almost seemed like Nanoha was willing to adjust her lifestyle (her level of open affection with Fate) based on Vivio's answer. And why did Vivio have to ask the question in the first place? I feel there's a definite theme/undertone of Nanoha and Fate doubting their relationship is appropriate for Vivio

last edited at May 2, 2017 3:26AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

^ I think you're reading too much into this. Why not say yes directly ? One could say that this is so by asking Vivio her own feeling first, Nanoha can come up with a proper answer that'll explain to Vivio why it's fine for two women to love each other while also letting Vivio know that her opinion does matter to her mom and she's not just a "it's as I say, so deal with it" kind of mother.

From a writer perspective, well, it's a convenient way to get the conversation started (kids tends to ask questions like that out of the blue) and naturally lead Vivio to mention that she's fine with that relationship while creating a dynamic posing Nanoha as a caring mother and Fate as a worrywart, which seems to be the author's goal here, based on his own words.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Heh, credits pages can be so good.

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

I want to be a part of this family Q.Q

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ooooohhhh~ this was soo good~

Adeptus%20machanicus
joined Mar 7, 2014

Straight out saying that something 'IS', especially when that something is counter to how the majority views it (and when it isn't something that will definitely help them get along trough life), is poor parenting. One should always allow their children to figure out their views on their own. If you believe that the way that they may come to view the world is, reprehensible, then calmly attempt to argue against it, though you shouldn't outright say that they can't hold certain views. If they disagree with your worldview to such a wide degree, then instill into them the concept of agreeing to disagree (something that you will also need). So as to say: it really doesn't matter what views you, or anyone else, hold, so long as you always treat others with respect. Especially when this is based on their actions, rather than their ideas.

For instance (with relation to the current discussion): if you happen to be homosexual, and you meet someone, you become friends, and then find out that they believe that homosexuality is immoral, what do you do? According to my way of seeing it, if they know that you're gay, and they don't say anything about it, and they don't treat you any differently, then you should do the same. It doesn't matter whether they think that you're doing something wrong when you think that it's fine, so long as they don't act on it. At the same time, you should also be courteous to them and not flaunt how gay you are in front of them(at least, not intentionally). If they're going out of their way to ignore their ethical code in order to stay friends with you, so you should too.
Obviously, if that someone starts to give you a wide berth and tries to avoid you, then you should also probably cut off your ties with them and find other people to be friends with.

At least, that's how I tend to see things.

Jeezzz%202
joined Jan 11, 2017

people in the comment be like: It's argument time!
btw, Fate-chan is so cuteee~~~

41tfud1d6wl
joined Jun 14, 2016

Nanofate need more love....

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I was expecting Vivio to say she regretted asking when Nanaho and Fate said they could be more lovey-dovey together.

Octave00
joined Sep 23, 2014

It's not everyday they show us good homoparental love. I'm grateful (bow)

joined Oct 9, 2011

I find the fact that Vivio would ask the question of Nanoha and Fate being lovers, and possibly finding weird odd. And also a tough premise to swallow, since Nanoha and Fate are the only parents she's ever known.

After all in the canon it seems the closest thing she has to a father figure is Zafira, while Yuuno is just seems more like that cool old dude your parents are friends with who is fun to be with.

So honestly, while this dounshi is sweet, I find the whole concept hard to swallow.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I find the fact that Vivio would ask the question of Nanoha and Fate being lovers, and possibly finding weird odd. And also a tough premise to swallow, since Nanoha and Fate are the only parents she's ever known.

After all in the canon it seems the closest thing she has to a father figure is Zafira, while Yuuno is just seems more like that cool old dude your parents are friends with who is fun to be with.

So honestly, while this dounshi is sweet, I find the whole concept hard to swallow.

I agree, the premise doesn't fit very well with Vivid, the culture of their world, and the fact that almost everyone is a lesbian in this series, not to mention that NanoFate should be marrying around the time this doujin takes place. Nevertheless, this doujin makes for a sweet story about a child in a family with two mamas and lots of love, the world knows we need more doujins like this in general.

last edited at May 2, 2017 11:14PM

11312472_162061674127978_1949945705_n
joined Oct 28, 2015

I think it's a little hommophobic well, what I mean with that? Hm they are her parents, so normally it's normal for the child to think they are lover, it's not a straight world, the child live with that since her born, so the real question she can have is, can a male and a female be lover too? The child grow up and learn that's normal in the 2 way I think the creator didn't think about it and normally when you create a manga you have to have a good logic

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Honestly, who knows how their society views same sex couples (and, by extension, what sort of views Vivio might pick up from her peers). The way the canon itself dances around the question could read as them being in a sort of don't-ask-don't-tell "secret" relationship. AFAIK none of the characters are openly and explicitly homosexual.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Honestly, who knows how their society views same sex couples (and, by extension, what sort of views Vivio might pick up from her peers). The way the canon itself dances around the question could read as them being in a sort of don't-ask-don't-tell "secret" relationship. AFAIK none of the characters are openly and explicitly homosexual.

Most of the relevant females in Nanoha have shown attraction exclusively to women, but it's hard to pinpoint which ones are currently in a lesbian relationship other than NanoFate, and more recently Subaru and Teana.

last edited at May 4, 2017 8:49AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Most of the relevant females in Nanoha have shown attraction exclusively to women, but it's hard to pinpoint which ones are currently in a lesbian relationship other than NanoFate, and more recently Subaru and Teana.

Hayate x Any Female Within Arm's Reach OTP

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Might be she never thought about all this until someone at her school went all "uh ? You have two mamas ? How come ?" leading her to that question.

To reply you must either login or sign up.