Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

How?

joined Mar 5, 2017

Sumin and sungji ending up together at the end of the story. I guess it's implied. Since it's just a story, what happens next we can all leave it to our imaginations.

In real life though, it's a different story.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

If Seju is not gonna let go of Sumin even until the very end of the story, my imagination would be that she will never lose.

joined Mar 5, 2017

If she's not gonna let go til the very end of the story, then my imagination would be that she will never ever let go til she dies.

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 1:37PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Haha xD

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

If Seju is not gonna let go of Sumin even until the very end of the story, my imagination would be that she will never lose.

She has already lost. And if she doesn't let go, it's a double loss. It feels like she becomes Sumin's dog. I know she feels like she has no one, but she got to realize she deserves better.

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 2:20PM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017
  • also, TG mentioned that they will tell the story of Sumin and Seju first falling in love, we are only 8 chapters away.. how crucial that story is so they kept it till the very end ?

But there's pretty much of it already. I don't think there's more to tell. TG might already be referring to previous chapters?since its coming to an end. But if there is, what is the significance at this point?

I got that information from ppl who knew about the podcast that team Gaji made during the hiatus.. so its pretty safe to say that we will get some more flashbacks.
I wonder as you do about the significance or context in which such a scene is left to the very end.
according to an old Q&A, Sumin and Seju met in a party for children who come from the same background.
(how similar their backgrounds are is also a question mark for me). what I am trying to say, that even if I want to think about endgames, there are a lot missing.. and each piece of information may alter how we feel about either couples.. let alone their "first falling in love" story that was well kept till the very end and so significant that they mention it in a podcast.

• How Seju wakes up in the next morning is weird, too. Sweat or tear, we dont know, but no one in their right mind could have sweat or tear right after they wake up. And the way she turns her head when there is a knock on the door, she seems to be startled and scared :).

look at the panel again, she turns her head and the "sweat" is there at the same moment the door knocks, the reason I insist on it being a sweat is bcz of:
1- context (door knocking again.. startled, maybe thinks she is the assassin again)
2- very consistent with how the art illustrates sweat.. if it was intended to be a tear I believe they would have made it more obvious like the one in ch52 (last panel), ch 54, ch 75 (when she opens the door, look at the sweat on Seju's face, last page)

I believe there is sth going on in Seju, she's not how she's been appearing and I dont think it's a good thing :)

• well, yeah.. you know that in any case her staying with Sumin comes from emotional need rather than safety, he brother knows that from the last chapter, he says it as it is to Sumin who also knows that it is not just safety.
  • secondly, I would not be surprised if Seju is staying with Sumin because she worries about her not on her own self.. see in the last chapter she says it to the assassin: I'm not the type to be threaten by something like this. but the assassin tells her that she knows her weak spot -Sumin-.. *she knew that Sumin won't kick her out of the house when she teased Sungji:

1- the deal! Sumin wants to buy the house and that is the condition she "says" in order to let Seju stay.. Seju knows well that Sumin has stake on letting Seju stay.

2- in any case, the house is still Seju's.. how weird will it be when Seju never kicked Sumin out of the house but Sumin would kick Seju from her own house !

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 3:37PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

about Seju smiling the whole time,

she has this expression always even when she is being attacked the most , look at ch19, her brothers are having a very mean conversation but she is just smiling..with Nammi also ch 47, ch71 is my fav. example as she attacks back her brothers , ch 74.
this is very consistent with her being an introvert and her "blood type AB", look at the smile she has in ch57 as the elevator door opens, immediately switches to a gracious smile even Sumin is astonished.

joined Feb 13, 2017

On page 8, 2nd block.It was Sumin or Sungji said:"Even though I don' t want to trust her, I do."?
Can anybody tell me,pls.Thnks!

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

She has already lost. And if she doesn't let go, it's a double loss. It feels like she becomes Sumin's dog. I know she feels like she has no one, but she got to realize she deserves better.

No, not yet. Her life has been like that since 10 years ago. If she lets go of Sumin now, then every thing she's done for Sumin as well as her 10 years of waiting for Sumin would all turn in vain. Nami told her that she was like Sumin's dog long time ago, it's not new. She feels like she has no one cuz she actually doesn't have anyone. Does she neccessarily need to let go of the one she love in order for her to realize that she deserves better? What if after letting go of Sumin, she realizes nothing? What if she doesn't fall in love with anyone after that?

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

No, not yet. Her life has been like that since 10 years ago. If she lets go of Sumin now, then every thing she's done for Sumin as well as her 10 years of waiting for Sumin would all turn in vain. Nami told her that she was like Sumin's dog long time ago, it's not new. She feels like she has no one cuz she actually doesn't have anyone. Does she neccessarily need to let go of the one she love in order for her to realize that she deserves better? What if after letting go of Sumin, she realizes nothing? What if she doesn't fall in love with anyone after that?

She has one devoted brother. Devoted to the point in which he scarred someone she loved most for the rest of her life which was a mistake that made getting this love back impossible.

joined Feb 4, 2017

On page 8, 2nd block.It was Sumin or Sungji said:"Even though I don' t want to trust her, I do."?

Sungji said it, however, the translation is weird in that line biz it contradicts with what she said in the above panel.. the German translation will be out soon and they may give another translation.. I will post it by then.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

It's not about whether all these years will go to waste. I see it on the opposite side of the spectrum, that the longer she holds on to Sumin, the more she loses. She won't get Sumin back, they both know it. She just stays in that situation with the hope, bur the reality is different. She just tries to avoid the inevitable for as long as possible. At least if she moves on from Sumin on her own, she still has her integrity left, versus when Sumin will decide to call it ends for good.

If she never finds anyone like Sumin, she still has nothing to lose. Because Sumin won't go back to her anyway. If she never falls in love again, that's ok too. She can find other stuff to do with her life instead of putting all of her worth in falling in love with a certain person.
That's why in situations like this, therapists say that the person should get an interest to themselves and do stuff for them. Because these type of relationships are codependent, meaning the person can't function without their partner, which is unhealthy.
And I do believe that if she actively decides to move on from Sumin, eventually she will be able to like someone else. Maybe that will even take her years, but it's possible.

I just think it's wiser to know when to quit, instead of pushing until the very end.

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 4:55PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
we remember that she already stayed the 10 years when she was not even sure how Sumin feels about her - Sumin calls what they have a sex thing in ch50- it is highly unlikely she would give up now that Sumin told her that she loves her..
the timing also plays a viral part, all the shit going on in her life, she would not start from scratch with someone new.. even a friendship is hard because of her personality and current state.
again, ch27.. she promised to be waiting for Sumin till the day she dies (unlike Sumin, she takes her promises seriously I guess )

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 5:20PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

All three characters need therapy. Talking to friends is fine but there is always a bias.

I heard from somewhere else that how Sumin & Seju met will in extra chapters rather than coming up in the main story.

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 5:24PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

She won't get Sumin back, they both know it.

Their relationship can never turn back into a healthy one, but Seju doesn't mind it being toxic, which sure is possible. All it needs is just for Sumin to break up with her girl again.

"If you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

joined Feb 4, 2017

All three characters need therapy. Talking to friends is fine but there is always a bias.

I heard from somewhere else that how Sumin & Seju met will in extra chapters rather than coming up in the main story.

if you have any other information on what they said in the podcast, please post it :D

joined Mar 21, 2017

"I heard it’s going to end on June 2017. Then Team Gaji will be on a short hiatus. They’ll produce extra chapters after their short break, mostly about the start of Sumin and Seju’s love story and stories about the other characters."

Pretty much all they said. Wouldn't take it as gospel though.

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
thanks a lot :D

joined Mar 21, 2017

^
thanks a lot :D

No worries.

Also according to /U/ this rough translation has a couple of mistakes that change the conversation a bit.

Anyway that's all from me for now, i'll leave the analyses to you guys, have fun : )

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 6:58PM

joined Feb 13, 2017

Sungji said it, however, the translation is weird in that line biz it contradicts with what she said in the above panel.. the German translation will be out soon and they may give another translation.. I will post it by then.

Thank you very much:)))))

joined Mar 21, 2017

Thank you very much:)))))

One of the mistranslations i was talking about.

Something along the lines of

Sumin: and you can trust me?

Sungji: even though i don't want to trust you i do

joined Feb 4, 2017

One of the mistranslations i was talking about.

Something along the lines of

Sumin: and you can trust me?

Sungji: even though i don't want to trust you i do

ah, that makes a lot more sense now.. Thank you

joined Mar 5, 2017

Based on Seju's character alone and knowing that sumin loves her, she wouldn't give up. But since it's gonna end soon, tg and lots of fans might want a good ending for her too (me included). But then again, if she holds on until the very end, (well, i want a sequel) :p xD

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 11:49PM

arronnguyen510
joined Oct 9, 2016

Based on what has been going in wdtfs and there are only 9 chaps left but Seju is still stuck with the main couple, I personally think there is high chance that Seju's ending would be back away from the main couple, give them her blessings and leave :). This honestly is not the ending I will feel satisfied for Seju, she's now nowhere near healing phase or get her own happiness but since she's just a third character who supports main couple's story, we shouldn't have hoped too much for her, we might disappoint in the end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.