Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

Is it just me or has Miss.Sunflower finally got it?? That's she likes her~

Seems like she still didn't. The virginity is too strong in Miss Himawari.

Indeed

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Indeed

I don't know if its just me but, I just couldn't shake the feeling that Matsuri might has some relation with the previous Himawari-san. maybe its just my imagination but, there are so many similarities between both of them for some reason.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I don't think that's really how it is, on two fronts. I think she has had a realization this chapter, and I also think all this time she has been less virginal than stuck in the past mourning her lost love.
Page 21 lays it out. They've been talking about the view between the fingers as showing loved ones in the past. She looks, sees (in her mind's eye presumably) her past love, and then that fades leaving her looking at the present, at her present love. And then, "Did you see something, Himawari-san?" and she answers, "Yes. I saw you." This in the context of a literary discussion which identifies what you see as a loved one; she doesn't say "No, I didn't see anything"--she says, "I saw you."

She knows what she's saying. This isn't a matter of reading the atmosphere or picking up on interpersonal relationship cues, it's a reading thing, and she gets reading things.

1505077_778893952199317_3085469460131247490_n
joined Jul 2, 2016

Miss Sunflower doujin idea

Shishou gives Miss. Sunflower books that were supposedly recommended to her by the previous Miss. Sunflower. Within the stack of books, Shishou snuck in a raunchy yuri novel (age gap, student teacher) as a joke. Naturally, since Miss. Sunflower wants to be like her predecessor, she reads all of them. This was however, the first time she had ever been exposed to such lewdness and develops a strange sense of arousal especially when the relationship between the characters in the novel resemble that of her and the previous Miss. Sunflower as well as Matsuri. When Matsuri arrives the next day, she begins to act self-conscious of their interactions until Matsuri finally confronts her and stuff happens.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

Shishou gives Miss. Sunflower books that were supposedly recommended to her by the previous Miss. Sunflower. Within the stack of books, Shishou snuck in a raunchy yuri novel (age gap, student teacher) as a joke. Naturally, since Miss. Sunflower wants to be like her predecessor, she reads all of them. This was however, the first time she had ever been exposed to such lewdness and develops a strange sense of arousal especially when the relationship between the characters in the novel resemble that of her and the previous Miss. Sunflower as well as Matsuri. When Matsuri arrives the next day, she begins to act self-conscious of their interactions until Matsuri finally confronts her and stuff happens.

I was going to type something about how beautiful yet sad and thought-provoking the current chapter was, and then I read this.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I was going to type something about how beautiful yet sad and thought-provoking the current chapter was, and then I read this.

no... just no... =.=

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Meh. One of those stories that never go anywhere and has too much of that fucken guy that I don't give a shit about.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

The prior Miss Himawari sure had the siblings wrapped around her finger, a trend the current Miss Himawari had started with Matsuri way before she even realises.

last edited at May 26, 2017 6:04AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Himawari shy face and mini Matsuri was the best.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like all the characters. brother, editor included. This is probably an "If they kiss, the story is over" series, though. Matsuri won't get romance joy in-story.

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

For the translator: as an alternative to "go-getter" I would like to suggest "ladies' man" or "smooth". Also "lame" for "dasai" if you ever need an adjective.

joined May 23, 2013

I started reading this when I was 18. They need to stop messing around already I'm 25 now get to the kiss or more. I've waited for a damn kiss. Before I turn 40 make it happen.

last edited at May 27, 2017 8:55PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Queenofyuri posted:

I started reading this when I was 18. They need to stop messing around already I'm 25 now get to the kiss or more. I've waited for a damn kiss. Before I turn 40 make it happen.

I suggestion is to learn Japanese and buy the manga, there are over 30 chapters ahead and still ongoing

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Always great to have more Himawari in my life

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

Queenofyuri posted:

I suggestion is to learn Japanese and buy the manga, there are over 30 chapters ahead and still ongoing

WAOT seven yrs have passed already? ;u; uh oh um gee...............

feeling old

last edited at Jun 13, 2017 2:32AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I never really pay attention to what's actually going on in the pages as I clean chapters so I hadn't realized it but this was one of the more adorable chapters in awhile, lol.

Capture
joined Feb 5, 2017

Did this have a romance tag not long ago? Or am i thinking of something else.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Sunflower doesn't deserve Matsuri, Matsuri should be with Chio and Manana

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

oguzhan96 posted:

I disagree. Miss Sunflower has been shown not to be someone terribly in-touch with her own feelings. This chapter alone as well as one of the other recent ones have both shown that despite that detail she's considering Matsuri to be an important part of her life. When something was clearly up with Matsuri it bothered Miss Sunflower. When Matsuri didn't come to the bookstore Miss Sunflower was thinking about how much more lonely and boring it felt.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

oguzhan96 posted:

I disagree. Miss Sunflower has been shown not to be someone terribly in-touch with her own feelings. This chapter alone as well as one of the other recent ones have both shown that despite that detail she's considering Matsuri to be an important part of her life. When something was clearly up with Matsuri it bothered Miss Sunflower. When Matsuri didn't come to the bookstore Miss Sunflower was thinking about how much more lonely and boring it felt.

She also noticed that Matsuri was troubled (and fretted over it) when her own sister didn't realize there was anything wrong.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Still as sweet as ever, but honestly, it's never going to go anywhere on the romance department really, is it?

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Oh gods, this was sweet. Himawari' slowly realizing how much she cares and feels for Matsuri.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

She also noticed that Matsuri was troubled (and fretted over it) when her own sister didn't realize there was anything wrong.

Yup, that too. Her sister doesn't seem too terribly perceptive but even so, you'd think she'd notice something like that before Miss Sunflower.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks for another fantastic - and long - chapter of one of my old favourites :)

I have to wonder what that book is miss sunflower is reading on page 1? It says himawari on the cover?

A book about sunflowers? An album of the previous miss sunflower photos / memories?

Or maybe just a self insert of one of the miss sunflower manga tanks? (You see that quite often in manga where they are reading the magazine the manga is serialised in etc).

p.s I thought it was quite telling miss sunflower dreamed of Matsuri being sad.

But I don't get the ??? miss sunflower thinks when Fuuko tells her she is the thing that Matsuri can get so passionate about. It's almost like she doesn't know Matsuri is in love with her? Do you think all this time she has never realised Matsuri was being serious? Doesn't seem possible.

last edited at Jun 13, 2017 3:52PM

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

She blushed!
Hit the deck!

To reply you must either login or sign up.