Forum › Kasumi and Acchan discussion

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Avocado flavored Fanta?

What abomination is this?

And the T/N note about using your own first-name to refer to yourself is incomplete. Talking about yourself in 3rd person is considered "cute" or "childish" in Japan. When she says "Kasumi likes it too", it's a conscious effort to sound like a young child.

Surely that's not necessarily true? I mean 'conscious effort'? If a character does it all the time - like say Akari in yuru yuri, I usually assume the character to BE childish in nature - not trying so seem like they are.

If this is a way young kids speak but they stop as they get older, then still speaking like that when most have stopped but you were still pretty young would to me indicate they are just maturing slower.

Obviously it CAN be used deliberately to sound cute - but that would be one off separate 'acts'.

I can't see someone talking like it all the time like Kasumi does here if it wasn't natural for them - it would get tiresome fast and you'd keep forgetting to do it.

In the following comics, she panics at one point and forgets to refer to herself in third person (at least per translator's notes).

last edited at Mar 26, 2017 7:49AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

From picking drinks to de facto marriage proposal in five pages flat?

"Well that escalated quickly."

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

When your job sucks out all your emotions and you become a robot cashier-chan

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

This is too cute :D

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

More Than Friends?

You mean... SUPER FRIENDS!

last edited at Mar 26, 2017 4:21PM

joined Aug 6, 2015

When your job sucks out all your emotions and you become a robot cashier-chan

That's pretty much how I was when I worked in retail. There's no quicker way to lose faith in humanity and become a soulless husk than working at a register.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Pretty much any customer-service job will do that to you. I got that from pulling cloakroom shifts in a museum for a few years.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I don't think it's a conscious effort so much as a habit. I mean, even people with a stutter can be shocked out of it, actually. Sometimes. I agree with the general "she's a somewhat childish personality." Akari definitely is. And Niko's got arrested development because she was deprived of a childhood.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I really like where this series is going. It's got a sweet original art style & the Yuri's level's are pretty strong. I really love it when a series give's us Yuri immediately within the first few chapter's. I've taken quite a liking to this.

last edited at Mar 26, 2017 7:13PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

I get the feeling this is gonna need a yandere tag soon...

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

HNNNNG indeed.

I get the feeling this is gonna need a yandere tag soon...

All I see is perfectly run-of-the-mill relationship jealousy. We're a long, long way from yandere territory.

Adeptus%20machanicus
joined Mar 7, 2014

Ah the poor cashier.........always got the bad side of yuri fluff :P

But who cares? Lol.

Do note the text on the last panel (The bit in the sky that is only translated in the margin): You two. . .Are too cute.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Dorks make the cutest pairs

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Avocado flavored Fanta?

What abomination is this?

And the T/N note about using your own first-name to refer to yourself is incomplete. Talking about yourself in 3rd person is considered "cute" or "childish" in Japan. When she says "Kasumi likes it too", it's a conscious effort to sound like a young child.

Surely that's not necessarily true? I mean 'conscious effort'? If a character does it all the time - like say Akari in yuru yuri, I usually assume the character to BE childish in nature - not trying to seem like they are.

If this is a way young kids speak but they stop as they get older, then still speaking like that when most have stopped but you were still pretty young would to me indicate they are just maturing slower. - Or are maybe particularly introverted / insecure.

Obviously it CAN be used deliberately to sound cute - but that would be one off separate 'acts'.

I can't see someone talking like it all the time like Kasumi does here if it wasn't natural for them - it would get tiresome fast and you'd keep forgetting to do it.

I'm pretty sure she does it deliberately, since she forgot to say it in third person in chapter 3

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

More Than Friends?

You mean... SUPER FRIENDS!

Waiting for the misunderstandings next chapter. XD

last edited at Mar 26, 2017 11:26PM

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

Use their name to refer to theirself = Yandere Trust me, I learned this.

6bf226425af0
joined Dec 5, 2016

Where it's from?

last edited at Mar 27, 2017 4:25AM

Kaede
joined Nov 20, 2016

haha, oh wow

read ahead on danbooru 'cause I couldn't help myself

this comic is WAY better than it leads you to believe from its lighthearted start

joined Jul 13, 2014

That's so fluffy.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014
joined Mar 15, 2017

the way Kasumi talks remind me a lot of Akaza Akari ^^

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Where it's from?

Notes From The Garden Of Lilies

Wow you have missed out :) One of the best yuri manga on the site :)

Go read it - and don't miss the postscript in vol 2 special after authors notes!

6bf226425af0
joined Dec 5, 2016

Where it's from?

Notes From The Garden Of Lilies

Thanks.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Grinning in the waiting room like an idgit ^_^
This dose of cuteness is the best!
Thanks for scantalating! Errr I mean typesetting ;)

joined Sep 19, 2014

If I saw a "lover's quarrel" as cute as this one in reality I probably would act like cashier-san and let it go as far as I could.

Seriously this is too cute my heart is not ready like Kasumi would say ^^

last edited at Mar 28, 2017 4:46PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.