Forum › Beloved L discussion

joined Jul 18, 2015

What the fuck is going on? Can someone explain? I just dont know what's what anymore.

• Schoolgirl loves the doctor
  • Doctor doesn't love the schoolgirl and is using her for emotional and psychological comfort
  • Bro dude with the blue eye and shades points out what the doctor is doing to the school girl
  • The doctor has inner conflict about using the schoolgirl that way because she herself was used and thrown away the same way in the past by that married chick that appeared at the beginning of the story.
  • The doctor is emotionally distressed by his words and retaliates with harsh words about a yet unknown matter (or maybe he is the husband of the chick that left her and got married, we don't know yet).
  • The doctor is punched in the face by the father of patient who's eye she couldn't save.

That is my understanding of the story and specifically about the last chapter.

last edited at Dec 26, 2016 12:32PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

The doctor is emotionally distressed by his words and retaliates with harsh words about a yet unknown matter (or maybe he is the husband of the chick that left her and got married, we don't know yet).

That would be really rich if he was her husband, seeing how she confided in him about being in love (with her?). But I think he got beaten up for being gay.

joined Jul 18, 2015

That would be really rich if he was her husband, seeing how she confided in him about being in love (with her?). But I think he got beaten up for being gay.

That would make more sense. So everyone's gay in this webtoon besides the married chick who's bi or straight?

last edited at Dec 27, 2016 8:36PM

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

That would make more sense. So everyone's gay in this webtoon besides the married chick who's bi or straight?

You know... at one point almost all the friends I hung out with most often were gay. Like tends to prefer like. Straight people hang out with straight people and so on and so forth. I never find it weird that lots of characters are gay in one story. I only find it weird when someone comments on it, like, they've never had a gay friend before and clearly all gay people are loners among heterosexuals.

joined Jul 18, 2015

I don't think gays must be loners or anything, it just seems a bit out of place for me based on my subjective life experience but you have a point. Like-minded people tend to gather together.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I read a romance novel, a period piece set in the 70s (there's a bit at the end about Harvey Milk's assassination), not a good time to be out of the closet in North America. And yet, almost every single character was gay, including business owners, clients of one of the main characters in various cities (she did something real-estate related I think), everyone except the ex of one of the leads, who was doing the "I have to be straight and date guys" routine.

I can see the people you hang out with all being gay, but in a story that mostly didn't take place in the Casto or someplace similar (although the closing scenes did) during that period was a little eyebrow-raising.

joined Jul 1, 2014

I read a romance novel, a period piece set in the 70s (there's a bit at the end about Harvey Milk's assassination), not a good time to be out of the closet in North America. And yet, almost every single character was gay, including business owners, clients of one of the main characters in various cities (she did something real-estate related I think), everyone except the ex of one of the leads, who was doing the "I have to be straight and date guys" routine.

I can see the people you hang out with all being gay, but in a story that mostly didn't take place in the Casto or someplace similar (although the closing scenes did) during that period was a little eyebrow-raising.

Depends how many people you're talking about.

'Beloved' has like, what, 4 main characters so far? That's really not that far fetched.

Untitled
joined Aug 14, 2014

Goddamn. Character, story, art = beautiful as fuck. following this

Icono%20daijishin%20pony
joined Mar 13, 2016

just totally amazed

OMFG

joined Feb 17, 2017

It might be a little unreasonable but I'm really starting to dislike Wei Wei

joined Apr 15, 2013

I'm getting really into this series. Waiting for more.

Lyletheagendered
joined Oct 23, 2016

This is probably my favorite manga on there. The art is so very good, the story line is great, and it's funny yet serious. I love it so much and will be waiting patiently for the chapters to come.

Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

I really love this, I hope it updates more quickly. The fact that the girl reminds me of Hana Song (D.va) is definitely a plus. She's so cute.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

11f: "who will really, really, really loves you" -> either "will love you" or "loves you"

joined Jul 18, 2015

I don't like that cliffhanger. Apparently the traitor wants to come back.

joined Jul 1, 2014

I really love this, I hope it updates more quickly. The fact that the girl reminds me of Hana Song (D.va) is definitely a plus. She's so cute.

Imagine it is D.Va and Mercy together (only Mercy has some kind of mental instability in this scenario)

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

What draws me in into this series is the art, the water color effect is so surreal, which differ strikingly with the seriousness of the story. Every time I read a chapter, it feels like reading a poem, there's so many hidden messages that can be deciphered either from the art or from the dialogues.

There's so much mystery surrounding each character, Ding Yi's background and her family - which was not actually shown and so little info given, and her major infatuation with Wei Wei (I used the word "infatuation" instead of "love" because.... well I don't know, it just feels like that), then Wei Wei's past relationships that traumatized her, and Lin which is, I think, gay and a cross dresser? (well.. just a wild guess)

This seems a case of a whirlwind romance, I'm not really a fan of it though, since it's like walking on egg shells. Sigh

And one last thing.. (This is not really important) But do you really need to give an IV fluid to a patient with a minor concussion? You can just use heplock if you need to give pain meds.

joined Jul 18, 2015

But do you really need to give an IV fluid to a patient with a minor concussion? You can just use heplock if you need to give pain meds.

They give IV for everything in China, even minor colds. It's pretty crazy over there and they will probably be hit by the antibiotic immunity first. Here's a decent vid on the issue: https://youtu.be/lCYQoe9JrkU

last edited at Mar 1, 2017 6:23AM

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

They give IV for everything in China, even minor colds. It's pretty crazy over there and they will probably be hit by the antibiotic immunity first. Here's a decent vid on the issue: https://youtu.be/lCYQoe9JrkU

I rest my case. It's kind of crazy that it is happening, antibiotic resistance can be a huge problem. Thank you for the info.

joined Oct 8, 2016

11f: "who will really, really, really loves you" -> either "will love you" or "loves you"

Well, the original text did put "really" three times, maybe the translator was trying to keep it as close to the original text as possible (direct translate)

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

man i want more of this

joined Mar 21, 2017

man i want more of this

There is a new chapter, it's just awaiting translation. We should hopefully get it in the next week : )

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I was scared that they would end up plummeting off that cliff to their deaths as soon as she mentioned the bad road conditions... good thing that didn't happen. Another disaster happened, but, well, at least they didn't die horrifically.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Could definitely see the end of this chapter coming.

joined Oct 5, 2016

That scene with her tying her shoelaces felt downright uncomfortable. Wei Wei isn't a bad person, and she isn't some sort of sexual predator or anything. But dis girl is toooo yooooung for her, and she knows it. This isn't a love affair, it's Wei Wei having an early midlife crisis and shacking up with someone that she doesn't really have any true connection with. She's not in love, she's reliving past love.

For that matter it's not even clear that the girl is actually in love with her either, it seems like she's at least partly seeking an escape from her home, although we don't know why yet.

Like, this story is about a relationship between two people, but so far I don't think it's really correct to call it a romance. We're not really supposed to be cheering on this relationship, even though we can root for both of the characters the story keeps pointing out all the ways in which this is totally not a healthy relationship.

To reply you must either login or sign up.