Forum › Swap ⇔ Swap discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I remember how in chapter 13, Haruko didn't know the name of that girl who was avoiding Natsuko. Did she memorise all her classmates' name since then, in case she befriends them? Haha, that's kinda cute

last edited at Feb 12, 2017 2:07PM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

I've never really thought that seriously about sleeping issues, Haruko and I are similar. Being big has its glamour, but being small has more advantages in the long term.
Fight on Haruko!

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

"First Fantasy" (ᗒᗨᗕ)
That was a cute chapter.

She knows what she wants from life and doesn't hesitate to grab it.

HA!

joined Dec 1, 2010

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch17#4

"What about you Natsuko-chan?"

"Me?! Me neither!"

Suspicious denial, there. Just admit you love her already.

joined Oct 26, 2016

That's why swapping is so great. You get the best of both worlds and experience big and small at your convenience!

Hhhmmm feels like Haruko's feeling maybe jealous 'cuz Natsuko seems to be getting close to the crazy-for-Haruko girl. Haruko went back to class first when it started and she might feel like the unkown girl will steal her 'frien' away...? O_o

Just noticed Haruko's sis does have pixeled eyes but a shine in them... while mother and Haruko just are like the same person! ADOOORBZZZ XD

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch17#4

"What about you Natsuko-chan?"

"Me?! Me neither!"

Suspicious denial, there. Just admit you love her already.

I agree, she'll regret it if she doesn't.

Kaede
joined Nov 20, 2016

I can't help but notice the similarities between this manga and Sakura Trick.

They both feature an official MC couple that kisses in almost every chapter but otherwise have little romantic development. Kind of a slow burn, where both couples have a long way to go, despite the constant kissing. And in this manga they would even deny being attracted to each other lol.

Both series also feature a side couple which is much further along in their relationship as a foil to the main characters - to show how far they have to go.

One thing I really like about the body swap in this is how it's used as a metaphor for the strength of their relationships. Haruko and Natsuko have all these restrictions they've placed on themselves (going home swapped would be weird, going to class swapped would be troublesome etc.) Akiho and Fuyumi, on the other hand, are much more casual about it, going to school and staying home all day in each others' bodies. Even in this last chapter, Haruko tried to swap back before going to sleep because going to sleep swapped probably seemed weird. But after seeing it didn't work she didn't try to wake her up or anything. She also didn't freak out about giving Natsuko a "normal" kiss which is appropriate considering her disappointment with Natsuko's earlier denial. Natsuko is still coming to terms with her attraction, whereas Haruko seems to have accepted it.

Even though the manga is pretty direct most of the time, it's these little subtleties you start to notice that make it such a good read.

last edited at Feb 15, 2017 5:38AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Oooh, Natsuko worrying about Haruko not caring about her kissing another girl, even for swapping. Admit it already, girl, you have it bad for dead-eye !

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

I can just imagine Ahiko's parents confusion if they ever heard their daughters stories about going to the amusement park, or other rigorous activities, they'd be like, "when did she leave the house to do this?", or "is our daughter that active behind our backs?" It would be comical I think.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Oooh, Natsuko worrying about Haruko not caring about her kissing another girl, even for swapping. Admit it already, girl, you have it bad for dead-eye !

More like she was worried about if it would bother Haruko
Which begs the question, would it bother her if Haruko kissed/swapped with another girl? I think it's likely

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Ah. It's a girl.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I like how the moment Natsuko suggests swapping with Akiho, Haruko's dead eyes seem even more soulless (does that make any sense???) Like all the 3 panels that she was in during that scene she looked so sad I just wanna give her a hug.

Edit: also her new hairstyles are all so cute I'm loving vol 2 already

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 7:16PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

...Was there a page missing between 3 and 4?

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

This has a "Is my hobby weird?" Vibe to it.

I feel can really feel the romance building.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Haruko is okay with Natsuko kissing other people. Natsuko wants a faithful monogamous relationship. It's kind of funny it's the more nerdy girl who has the harem developing. I think in the end Natsuko may win, though. I wonder if Haruko would be resistant to Natsuko's tears. (Probably, at first. She can be callous).

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

144 cm wow that's small :0

joined Apr 12, 2015

"Ah. It's a girl." Haruko, my spirit animal XD

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Haruko is okay with Natsuko kissing other people. Natsuko wants a faithful monogamous relationship. It's kind of funny it's the more nerdy girl who has the harem developing. I think in the end Natsuko may win, though. I wonder if Haruko would be resistant to Natsuko's tears. (Probably, at first. She can be callous).

I do not think there is any question who is going to "win". The pairings are pretty much confirmed and so far no inter-pair switching has happened.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

If I am going to be honest, my standing comment from now till end of series is "I love this series."

joined Nov 15, 2016

Apropos of nothing but the fun I have reading: Of many manga I follow on here, this is one of the ones I find the easiest to imagine working animated. The characters and the comedy feel like they'd lend themselves well to Doga Kobo or someone similar making a good run at it as a fun SoL.

Manga Time Kirara, where it serialises, have funded a few adaptations in the past; it's nice to imagine the possibility.

In the mean time, long may the swapping continue!

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

That's it :D

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Cute chapter ^^

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Their first kiss! My heart!

To reply you must either login or sign up.