Forum › Prism discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I always felt like his "crime" was meaningless - ads assault us all the damn time, unsolicited. We should be free to do whatever we want with press releases, ads, etc. Period. Intellectual property is evil, when taken to this extreme. You have to be sort of soul-dead to be looking for over-similarity-to-an-ad in a work like Prism. What I always thought was awful about the mangaka is the child sex comics done just for the money. They're very basic. Man finds girl toddler, rapes same. Over and over. Given we know this is a talented, if lazy artist with good drawing and writing skills, that kind of prostitution really merits special condemnation. So I almost felt like he deserved to have something cancelled and lose a paycheck, he just got it for something I didn't believe in. Like a mobster getting nailed for tax evasion. I can see the rationalization - you pay the bills, and unlike flipping burgers, you simultaneously practice drawing. But I think even from a graphic arts perspective, i'd rather flip the burgers and draw as I feel until I get a publisher.

joined Jan 8, 2016

What I always thought was awful about the mangaka is the child sex comics done just for the money.

Or he likes it. Just a guess. Like me.

They're very basic. Man finds girl toddler, rapes same.

No, please, go on spewing bullshit, I am listening.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Ah, rereading this was fun but sad at the same time, knowing that's all there is and ever will be. Ah well, at least it didn't end on a really douchey cliffhanger.

joined Oct 12, 2013

I always felt like his "crime" was meaningless - ads assault us all the damn time, unsolicited. We should be free to do whatever we want with press releases, ads, etc. Period. Intellectual property is evil, when taken to this extreme. You have to be sort of soul-dead to be looking for over-similarity-to-an-ad in a work like Prism. What I always thought was awful about the mangaka is the child sex comics done just for the money. They're very basic. Man finds girl toddler, rapes same. Over and over. Given we know this is a talented, if lazy artist with good drawing and writing skills, that kind of prostitution really merits special condemnation. So I almost felt like he deserved to have something cancelled and lose a paycheck, he just got it for something I didn't believe in. Like a mobster getting nailed for tax evasion. I can see the rationalization - you pay the bills, and unlike flipping burgers, you simultaneously practice drawing. But I think even from a graphic arts perspective, i'd rather flip the burgers and draw as I feel until I get a publisher.

I think there were a couple of instances of tracing, or else he probably wouldn't have gotten in as much trouble. Also,

He's forced to do loli for the money

I love this meme.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

It's a shame it got cancelled or put on hiatus, because I can tell he had a subplot in mind for the glasses girl and Megumi's friend and perhaps another sub-plot with the sister and her friend.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Rereading it again..
Does anyone have a idea where i could buy a translated copy?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

No chance.

The one volume that was released in Japanese is out of print too, if I remember correctly.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

No chance.

The one volume that was released in Japanese is out of print too, if I remember correctly.

Ug, that sucks
Maybe i'll try to print it out myself sometime :')

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/4832241400/

You can try to buy it used. I haven't checked if any of the sellers send it internationally.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Saeki from Stretch looks almost like Erika's sister because of the hair similarities, which in part makes me sad because we never got to see what happened to the rest of the side characters in Prism. There was just so much potential.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

One of the best sad Its Dead

AnniesBigAssFuckingNose
Annies%20big%20ass%20fucking%20nose
joined Nov 4, 2016

Where is that picture from in chapter 5's credits page?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Where is that picture from in chapter 5's credits page?

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/497426

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/prism_ch05#22 One of the funniest "you're fucked" moments

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/prism_ch05#22 One of the funniest "you're fucked" moments

The shooting star really sells it.

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I still revisite the series from time to time because it's one of my favourites. The fact it got cancelled saddens me but what I really don't understand is why the didn't let him finish his story. It seems that it could have ended in one chapter without feeling to rushed. Personally I would prefer an ending to what we got. It isn't a bad place to stop but I would feel a bit more statisfied if there was one more chapter showing us what happened to them after highschool.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I still revisite the series from time to time because it's one of my favourites. The fact it got cancelled saddens me but what I really don't understand is why the didn't let him finish his story. It seems that it could have ended in one chapter without feeling to rushed. Personally I would prefer an ending to what we got. It isn't a bad place to stop but I would feel a bit more statisfied if there was one more chapter showing us what happened to them after highschool.

Well when your career is at play you kinda have to stop right away, it really was a shame but hey maybe he should've posed for himself if he wanted to trace
Nice goji btw

joined Jan 6, 2014

came to pay my respects to this wonderful but now "dead" story and re-read this for the n-th time... shou come back to yuri

last edited at Jan 13, 2017 10:15AM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015
joined Jan 8, 2016

so

Kickstarter revival when?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ratte posted:

so

Kickstarter revival when?

Doesn't work that way in Japan.

If he went and wrote manga while being financed by the public, editors in Japan would cease to work with him.

Shou will never write anything more for Prism, except if a magazine asks him to and he wants to.

Both being doubtful.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Man, this was awesome. Loved how natural the characters feel.

I dig yuri romance, but Haysoos De La Christo so many yuri couples act like they've never thought about sex nor seen any depections of sex or romance in media prior to their first yuri kiss.

The two principal characters in this manga don't act like that. They act like horny, inexperienced teenagers who are learning and growing together. Very nice. Breath of fresh air. I dig it.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I still revisite the series from time to time because it's one of my favourites. The fact it got cancelled saddens me but what I really don't understand is why the didn't let him finish his story. It seems that it could have ended in one chapter without feeling to rushed.

This tends to get overlooked, but: the series was never officially cancelled.* It was "put on hold while the magazine investigates allegations."

And then the magazine got cancelled because of poor sales.

The moral of the story is: buy manga.

*As far as I know. They certainly never announced a formal cancellation on the magazine's website before Tsubomi died.

If he went and wrote manga while being financed by the public, editors in Japan would cease to work with him.

About that...

This does not mean you should get your hopes up about Prism, though.

last edited at Feb 5, 2017 11:21PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

About that...

Oh shit, I'm sorry! I hit edit instead of quote by accident and deleted parts of your message. Can you check if you still have it in your cache?

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

About that...

Oh shit, I'm sorry! I hit edit instead of quote by accident and deleted parts of your message. Can you check if you still have it in your cache?

Ah, no worries. I still had a tab open on that page.

To reply you must either login or sign up.