Forum › (The Antithesis of) A Scholarship Student discussion

joined Oct 21, 2013

???????but what redeeming qualities do kuruchi have that would make star student rinchan want to marry her right away??????? strange yuri manga logic

She was simply reciting lines from the R-18 yuri VN she was playing....

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Ahh, the passion of a new convert.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

It feels like the first chapter was completely missing (like how the tomboy falls in love with her in the first place) but it was still good.

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

I thought it was funny as [blink] myself. I'm not sure why a new student would be hanging upside down on the third story balcony, but hey--whatever. I didn't go to the alien thing until I saw it mentioned, but yeah I could totally see that. It sorta feels like the start of a harem story; popular tomboy goes with dorky nerd-girl, one by one others see some attraction to said nerd girl that makes absolutely no sense and she ends up being chased around for three years of high school. Yup, perfect plot.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Author skipped the part where nerd-girl gets bullied because she's too close from popular-sporty-girl.

"Don't get cocky and full of yourself, we will take you down a notch".

Or whatever.

It's a comedy, but not particularly funny and not particularly good.

Just, whatever.

joined Jan 14, 2017

i would love to read the story about the credit page couple

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Xavces posted:

i would love to read the story about the credit page couple

I think it's just a magazine illustration or cover, like they had in Tsubomi or Mebae.

joined Feb 18, 2015

It seems like this is "chapter 1". I'd like to read more! :)

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

Was I the only person who approached this as a comedy?

Nope, from like the first page I just got this "sex comedy" vibe, kinda like the old 80's movie, Porky's.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

No scissoring 0/10

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

No scissoring 0/10

Your avatar REALLY emphasizes your disappointment in this regard.

joined Oct 11, 2010

Liked the art style, liked the charter design, story was lumpy.

joined Aug 4, 2014

Rushed, over-the-top and ending was indeed hentaish out of blue but I find it strangely amusing, I don't even know why. But there was definetely potential for something better.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

At first I thought Todoroki would be an alien who tries to fit into human society. (Doesn't know computers, has remarkable physical traits, learns social behavior from ecchi games)

I was actually waiting for that reveal, but the twist opportunity seems to have been missed. :-(

Page 8 - "you better put your pants on right, or you'll get an upset stomach"
Wut? Maybe I am just stupid but does that really mean that taking your underwear off can give you an upset stomach? Hmm. Lol the things I learn everyday

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Wut? Maybe I am just stupid but does that really mean that taking your underwear off can give you an upset stomach? Hmm. Lol the things I learn everyday

Like, you'll catch a cold, probably. Cus as far as the other girl knows, mc was just running around without pants

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think it's connected to the Japanese thing that if you sleep with your stomach exposed, you'll get an upset stomach. But so little of this makes sense that it could be anything really.

joined Jul 23, 2014

sometimes i love some nonsensical h yuri and this one fit the bill perfectly

joined Jan 3, 2020

I don't want to presume too much on the part of the author, but this seems like pretty blatant self-insert wish fulfillment. The MC without friends who most people would call a creepy otaku gets swept off her feet by a popular, energetic sports star who fell in love with her at first sight.

That said, the fact that I can recognize it as such indicates that both my scenario and my wish aren't all that far off, so maybe I don't have room to speculate.

To reply you must either login or sign up.