Forum › The Immortal Who Saw the Death of the Universe discussion

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Save me Eirin-doka!

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

This is the first time i learn so much from reading manga, and there is so many topics that beyond my capacity, just wondering where is exactly the direction toward singularity?

In this case, since singularity (as in a single geometric point worth of space containing all the matter of the universe) is said to be the eventual end of the whole universe, it doesn't matter where they go, since any direction, given enough time (and they had infinite time) would lead to that singularity.

0d9c1f8da5c68f44be466e7fdf34f353
joined Jan 13, 2015

There is one problem. They can´t do it another time. The Hourai are still truly immortal. But since the SDM crew won´t go to mars again the cyrcle will repeat with them landing on Shiva again but Eirin will never encounter Sakuya in space since they didn´t try to go to mars. That means this time They can´t force activate a new Big Bang. That means yeah the reconstructed their universe one time but won´t be able to do so another time. that means the second time they truly will fly in space until the end of time.

Still a really great story. And I never thought I would find Sakuya with such a big role. She is my favorite after all. Sadly no Meiling though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There is one problem. They can´t do it another time. The Hourai are still truly immortal. But since the SDM crew won´t go to mars again the cyrcle will repeat with them landing on Shiva again but Eirin will never encounter Sakuya in space since they didn´t try to go to mars. That means this time They can´t force activate a new Big Bang. That means yeah the reconstructed their universe one time but won´t be able to do so another time. that means the second time they truly will fly in space until the end of time.

Still, since they know what's coming in general terms, they've now got a better chance at planning things out for a different approach that might take things in a new direction, where they're less likely to be separated and so forth. I mean they do have a Super Genius on their side, and they won't have to waste the (presumably) millions of years they did the first time before they were separated.

0d9c1f8da5c68f44be466e7fdf34f353
joined Jan 13, 2015

Still, since they know what's coming in general terms, they've now got a better chance at planning things out for a different approach that might take things in a new direction, where they're less likely to be separated and so forth. I mean they do have a Super Genius on their side, and they won't have to waste the (presumably) millions of years they did the first time before they were separated.

Well Eirin is considered the most intelligent Person in the Solar System after all. But Without Sakuya it will certainly be difficult but not impossible. Or she will finally be able to figure out a cure for the Hourai Elixir so many possibilities.
And if she were to prepare beforehand she could still take Sakuya and Remilia (Flandre?) with them since all of them are ageless but they need to do so before the planet becomes uninhabitable because of the suns influence.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Truly beautiful history

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

I am stuck in an inescapable situation. I am either finite or infinite. I intuitively think that at some point, probably long long long after the sun dies and when entropy is approaching maximum, my existence, should I survive, will be pure suffering. Yet at the same time, I fear the 'end' because I cannot conceive of a true end. In my intuition, the end implies nothingness but then that is not a true end because the void continues. I predict that both being finite and infinite leads to horrifying ultimate inevitability.

last edited at Jan 24, 2018 10:07PM

47571239_1082868645220236_4572154478010040320_n
joined Oct 19, 2018

Aand I'm crying when Eirin make that spaceship with Tewi as her A.I. , it's like she still want to remember the good ol'days

Damn this is masterpiece

joined Feb 28, 2020

p.11 of the First Part has the most human Eirin I've ever seen.

last edited at Mar 25, 2020 1:51PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

A story of Hope

joined May 11, 2021

This is #1 Touhou doujin

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

i love the concept of this

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Bruh of all the consoles that Eirin would use for her spare time it's the Wii U XD.

Not complaining though, it does bring back a lot of nostalgia.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Bruh of all the consoles that Eirin would use for her spare time it's the Wii U XD.

Not complaining though, it does bring back a lot of nostalgia.

To be fair, the Wii U had a hella good Virtual Console.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

I don't quite get it, but I think this is somehow really profound

MindlessMagic
joined Jul 3, 2022

I wonder what happens to Flandre, Koakuma and Meiling. They were left in SDM so I guess Flandre took over since she is the sister of Remillia. How sad were they when Remillia, Patchouli and Sakuya never came back? Did they start to fight or cause incidents after to release their emotions, I have so many questions.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Holy shit, this was the first Touhou doujin I ever read so many years ago, back when I didn't even know anything about Touhou beyond vague second-hand exposure. It was interesting to me back then, and I've always remembered it, but I never felt the need to revisit it. Since then, I became a completely obsessed Touhou fanatic, and reading it again now that it was featured made me cry way more than it had any right to. This one's definitely a trip...

Cio-min
joined Aug 2, 2023

This is really, really good! It's kind of like Hob Gadling or Everything everywhere all at once, with the tone of optimistic nihilism and/or the rejection of death as a relieve. It's not bad to be immortal, you just need to be able to make friends to ease the journey of immortality. Existence is not, as we often think, simply meaningless pain, sometimes it can be meaningless happiness too! And meaningless happiness, though meaningless, does feel pretty nice.

Edito__fujiwara_no_mokou_touhou_drawn_by_heran_hei_mao__5b381032c7bc2dcdb68b33e9175a5ddc-min
joined Apr 18, 2021

Rereading it again and its still my favourite Touhou doujin!

Koishi%20by%20lily
joined Sep 26, 2019

This has got to be one of the weirdest fucking series I have ever read, what the actual shit. Like, it's not jarring, but it's definitely not normal. Always great to see KaguMoko though!

To reply you must either login or sign up.