Forum › Posts by ccs

joined Feb 28, 2020

It's fine. Any depiction of handsome Okina is fit for consumption.

joined Feb 28, 2020

I want to say this is related to senjou/sumerbreeze but idk where it fits in...

Likely after Kosuzu gave her consent in Senjou.
But yeah the transition from futa to dildo is strange. Usually it's the other way round.

It would be interesting to see their relationship develop and their future prospects, though that is a difficult subject to broach when most human/youkai relationships end with someone being assimilated or passing on.

joined Feb 28, 2020

Great art and neat story, though it's a challenge to be scary when any of the 4-koma regulars are at least ten (or hundred) times more threatening if they ever decide to give trouble.
Still, with the gap between villagers and youkai, any form of supernatural threat is already imposing enough that it is irrelevant to even consider the power scaling.

joined Feb 28, 2020

Touhou doujins be like

joined Feb 28, 2020

Not bad, not bad at all.
Artist tried to tie the retconned universe to the current canon.

I think the artist was trying to get us to believe the protagonist was the current Marisa and it worked long enough. Because there's a part of you that'll go "Reimu is aloof but not that cold".
Calling that her "Kirisame" with that tone?
Wow, you could feel the indifference. Shocking, but that's where you start to suspect the twist.

Yukari, though, I can imagine her acting that way. She's unreadable to most characters, after all.

But what does human transmutation mean in this context, I wonder. Perhaps the artist was implying that current Marisa is a clone?

joined Feb 28, 2020

What is even going on in these comments!?

Someone said the f-word, consequently opening a door for users to share what they believe is the root of their discontent in regards to living in today's society.

joined Feb 28, 2020

Hmm...that looks a little different from the Omoikane we know.

ccs
Image Comments 21 Nov 05:50
joined Feb 28, 2020
Shugo_78344329_p33

@Sanrai
Fingers crossed!

joined Feb 28, 2020

A good serving of non-pyromaniac or barking mad Mokou; just a casual senpai in peaceful times.

ccs
Sabotage discussion 13 Aug 12:06
joined Feb 28, 2020

Most interesting explanation to why Komachi slacks off.

joined Feb 28, 2020

[Barter 27/60] I'll make it worth your while.
[Pack Rat] I still have things I want to collect.
[Charisma 10] Because, there is someone waiting for me.
[Cherchez La Femme] I'll put it in a way you can understand.
Forget it, I'll wait my turn.

last edited at Aug 13, 2020 12:00PM

joined Feb 28, 2020

Wow, that's horrible.

joined Feb 28, 2020

I don't know which is more unsettling; whitewashing or exaggerating the fact that youkai eat humans?

Whitewashing??

I think they mean ignoring canon since there isn't much in the way of replacing other cultures or peoples with white people in this story.

I think he means macking light of

Whitewashing is not a term about race, you can whitewash black money after all

So in fairly cartain that he is just Disturbed by how casually they talk about eating people

Just for clarification, what I meant by whitewashing was not related to race, more towards the definition of "...a deliberate attempt to conceal unpleasant or incriminating facts about a person..."

Now, I wouldn't go as far as to say that the author "conceals" facts because that sounds unnecessarily aggressive towards the author who did nothing wrong.

But canonically, Rumia eats people.
Denying that important part of her nature makes me wonder if this portrayed character is really Rumia.
Glossing over the human-eating aspect or talking about it casually is fine. It provides insight into the character.
But making as if it never happened is another thing. To say that Rumia never ate anyone ever since becoming the Youkai of Darkness...that goes against canon, isn't it?

If the story was about her trying to abstain I wouldn't say anything due to my somewhat hypocritical belief that adding onto the canon and developing it is fine but taking away from it doesn't work very well.

Again, no offense intended to anyone. I'm just clarifying what I meant.

last edited at Aug 3, 2020 5:58PM

joined Feb 28, 2020

I don't know which is more unsettling; whitewashing or exaggerating the fact that youkai eat humans?
We see the former here. If anyone wants to read the latter...well, a certain artist's name has already been dropped by an above comment.

joined Feb 28, 2020

Surprising to get this from Kawayabug.
Usually the themes from this author are much more light-hearted but...this is welcome too.
For those who haven't watched the video miniseries from this artist, check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySXnMT5YR3o&list=PLadATnSok-vTzzD474-B0sH1FoloRcjxl
It's translated in the captions.

joined Feb 28, 2020

"Don't be a thief!"
Interesting use of a cultural reference via a joke that offers insight into a character's POV.

ccs
MariAli discussion 17 Jun 14:57
joined Feb 28, 2020

Reading Chap. 2 now.
I expected some light fluff but it's heavier than I thought.
Excellent.

Edit: With new capacity to feel love comes an increased capacity to feel pain. Many stories between humans and immortals end with the latter tearing up over the former's grave. Some YukaRei can hit like that.
But they didn't go down that path in this one. There's a remarkable amount of acceptance from Alice.
It makes me feel a little less sadness after the happiness that this story communicated.

last edited at Jun 17, 2020 4:18PM

joined Feb 28, 2020

I might have missed out on some info but...how does Aya defeat Yukari?
Reisen = Yuuka I can accept, Okuu = Remilia isn't surprising, but Aya > Yukari...that just doesn't happen.

I like the parts where the author delves into Aya's motives more than the battle scenes where one side or the other wins through some fantasy logic. I find that aside from the brusque and energetic reporter persona, the layers of Aya's personality reveal themselves most when she is alone.

joined Feb 28, 2020

I've so far considered Alice to have little personality...somewhat bland, lacking motivation, etc.
But maybe I was mistaken. Maybe it's not that she has less character, it's just more subtle, and can be subdued when featured alongside more assertive or blusterous characters like Marisa.

joined Feb 28, 2020

A side of Yukari that is so vulnerable and human that it is unsettling; almost scary to witness.

joined Feb 28, 2020

First I've heard of poisoning someone...with immortality.

Different from a vampire bite, where the character immediately realises it and reacts.
Maribel's choice creates a more long-term, foreboding atmosphere. Renko doesn't know it yet, until the day she notices her hair doesn't grey, or she gets up after being run over by a ̶t̶r̶u̶c̶k̶ car...

joined Feb 28, 2020

GOD WILLS IT

joined Feb 28, 2020

Something about Remilia in pg.15 makes her even more beautifully elegant than always.
Could be the genuine smile in her eyes, or how her hair curls around the nape of her neck.
She looks pleasantly contented which is a refreshing contrast from the other doujins where she's constantly seeking and desiring something to hold onto.

joined Feb 28, 2020

Marisa said:
I know you ladies have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this summer TIED IN MY F***ING HOUSE!

joined Feb 28, 2020

p.11 of the First Part has the most human Eirin I've ever seen.

last edited at Mar 25, 2020 1:51PM