Forum › Anime season

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just got around to watching the latest Flip Flappers, and expectations aside it was a great ep. The use of colour was brilliant, and the shared identity concept.

What really grabbed me though, was the implication that each manifestation of Pure Illusion is connected to a real person. This is the first we've had even a hint of what Pure Illusion is or how it relates to the world. I think it connects to that image in the opening with the boss dude and a small boy curled up behind his chair, who I assume are both the same person.

The question in my mind is, does taking the jewel from Pure Illusion have an effect on the person? Or is that like a fruit of their PI and removing it doesn't affect them?

Is ep 1 Cocona?
Ep 2 is Uexkull, but idk who ep 3 could be related to, nor ep 5 tho. Or do you just mean that it's implied, but we dont necessarily know of the specific person it manifests from

Yeah, i don't necessarily think the ones up to 5 are connected to the main cast, this is new information. That's assuming that my guess is right.

It's also significant that the artist's world seems to be an abnormality in Pure Illusion, so I may be entirely wrong.

last edited at Nov 12, 2016 12:03AM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I got a nosebleed with all the yuri subtext in this week's Izetta!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Just got around to watching the latest Flip Flappers, and expectations aside it was a great ep. The use of colour was brilliant, and the shared identity concept.

What really grabbed me though, was the implication that each manifestation of Pure Illusion is connected to a real person. This is the first we've had even a hint of what Pure Illusion is or how it relates to the world. I think it connects to that image in the opening with the boss dude and a small boy curled up behind his chair, who I assume are both the same person.

The question in my mind is, does taking the jewel from Pure Illusion have an effect on the person? Or is that like a fruit of their PI and removing it doesn't affect them?

Is ep 1 Cocona?
Ep 2 is Uexkull, but idk who ep 3 could be related to, nor ep 5 tho. Or do you just mean that it's implied, but we dont necessarily know of the specific person it manifests from

Yeah, i don't necessarily think the ones up to 5 are connected to the main cast, this is new information. That's assuming that my guess is right.

It's also significant that the artist's world seems to be an abnormality in Pure Illusion, so I may be entirely wrong.

Ah yeah, true, Buu-chan did react to it with panic, and Yayaka and the twins were wary/against approaching it too. Seems like it "wasn't supposed to happen"

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ah yeah, true, Buu-chan did react to it with panic, and Yayaka and the twins were wary/against approaching it too. Seems like it "wasn't supposed to happen"

I wonder if this is something special that the two of them caused to happen because they, in turn, have something special?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

VEGITO IS MY SIN

joined Sep 21, 2014

Izettaaa
This week was cute :3 and stressful :<
Magical Girl Raising this ep is probs the most interesting/best ep, I was fully into it.
I like Ripple and Hardgore Alice.
For real tho, to insult and slutshame a girl's mom and then herself + sexually harassing her, no shit she beat you up. All that anger and violence tho, it worries me but I respect it, at least it "worked out", and helped her out in those cases. The sound effect of her punches too, wow, it sounded fucking brutal and really effective, I felt kinda relieved, although I kept dreading and expecting her to get into trouble

last edited at Nov 12, 2016 10:37PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kyonne posted:

VEGITO IS MY SIN

I waited with a friend since the end of the universe tournament to watch Dragon Ball again... Ahhh wuuuoh! it was worth it!! watching all these episodes together was a blast! I love what they did with Mei...

Damn, I just wished that... We could had waiting just one more week.

last edited at Nov 12, 2016 10:35PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

MahoIku was kind of amazing this week. The whole episode was just incredibly tense

joined Sep 21, 2014

I saw a comment about Hardgore Alice maybe being the girl Koyuki helps retrieve her key in ep 1, that'd be kinda funny.
Ofc, the physical appearances of the characters in their magical girl form isn't necessarly (hardly, really) relevant to their appearances irl, but I thought it'd be interesting, if Koyuki gaining such a strong (and high key scary and rather op) ally stemmed from the goodwill she showed so many people

last edited at Nov 13, 2016 10:37PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

F**ckin Yugo! all that Shonen dialog and shit and you still lost?! wtf!

Oh, and I think Finé and Izetta had sex or something... I'm not sure.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Flip flappers is wonderful, fantastic! But you guys already knew that

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh, and I think Finé and Izetta had sex or something... I'm not sure.

Much as I'd like to think they did, I didn't exactly get that impression from this week's episode. Actually now that you mention it, if I actually evaluated their interactions under normal circumstances I would think they did, but in yuri bait anime any plausible deniability is enough to indicate otherwise

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Dbz episode this episde was okay but stupid as hell.

Logic and common sense was destroyed like they didn't matter.

PIS everywhere. One of most PIS episode in e tire DBS history.

Its almost Toriyama continued DBS just to money grab. No real effort is seen in any of DBS arc.

Honsetly the only thing that keep DBS rating good is its old fanbase. If i were to show DBS to kids thesedays, 9o% will get bored of it cuz of stupid it is.

Even Vegito couldn't save DBs from its own blandness and stupidity.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Wait wait wait ! Logic and common sense ? When were those ever part of dragonball ? Oo

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Wait wait wait ! Logic and common sense ? When were those ever part of dragonball ? Oo

You do realise that DBZ was all about getting stronger and new transformations, right?

But in this arc, Trunks came to future becuz he was not strong enough to beat Black.

Black when first fought with Goku was not even as strong as SSj3. So that means Trunks shouldn't be at level of Ssj3.

But somehow later Trunks magically able to fight even with Zamasu and Black without any training and without God Ki? Mind that Black became much stronger and obtained God Ki.

The entire concept of God Ki was that even with years of training no saiyan can reach the level of Beerus but with God Ki they can.

But Trunks was easily fighting against them without any reason. And reached that level in seconds becuz?

And now he defeated Fusion Zamasu who was one shotting Ssb Goku and Vegeta, with power of love? Where the fuck is logic or common sense? Or using ABC rules?

Its like kid Goku beat up Majin Buu becuz he is angry and wants to save people?

Wtf? The most stupid arc in DB franchise. Talk about throwing your legendary status down the transh.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Power level in dbz was always all over the place. Freeza was already supposed to be a being that nobody could beat but the legendary super sayan, then pretty much every single sayan in the cast got super, with a new bad guy that made freeza looks like a mook (not even mentioning his whole family was anihilated whithin a few seconds by trunks), making super sayan obsolete and going for the ssj2, not to mention the buu arc with all the build up to make mystic gohan and gotrunks as the new defender of earth in goku's place, only to have them fail and get saved by a non transformed goku using good ol' genkidama (charged with a whole planet lifeforce, sure, but a super sayan was already supposed to be strong enough to blow up a planet without much effort).

So yeah, I'm not exactly surprised at DBS keeping up with nonsensical power levels. :p

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Power level in dbz was always all over the place. Freeza was already supposed to be a being that nobody could beat but the legendary super sayan, then pretty much every single sayan in the cast got super, with a new bad guy that made freeza looks like a mook (not even mentioning his whole family was anihilated whithin a few seconds by trunks), making super sayan obsolete and going for the ssj2, not to mention the buu arc with all the build up to make mystic gohan and gotrunks as the new defender of earth in goku's place, only to have them fail and get saved by a non transformed goku using good ol' genkidama (charged with a whole planet lifeforce, sure, but a super sayan was already supposed to be strong enough to blow up a planet without much effort).

So yeah, I'm not exactly surprised at DBS keeping up with nonsensical power levels. :p

And you proved my pint yourself. Did you notice anything similar in your message?

Everything is consistent. A stronger transformation is introduced to defeat new enemies. Its not like Kid Goku getting angry and beat Cell becuz he is angry.

We saw what happens when a weaker character tries to take on stronger enemy. For ex: when Cell killled Trunks, Vegeta got angry but still got trashed.

But in Black arc, the difference b/w Trunks and Fusion Zamasu is even bigger than that. Its like comparing an ant to godzilla. And ant defeats godzilla becuz its angry.

Way too inconsistency. Tbh, the only people who buy Trunks fighting and winning against Zamasu are blind fanboys. If he was strong enough to beat Zamasu, why in the fucking world he asked for help? And how in hell he learned sealing technique without any training? Its like Goku learning IT without meeting those aliens and with power of love. This ain't Fairy Tail shit.

Entire point of story went down the drain. This is the most stupid and most degrading moment in DB franchise. Not even a 8 year old will buy this shit.

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 8:34AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I like to read ANN reviews, this one is... very long but thanks to this I understood more, and yeah I missed many details from flip flaps!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/flip-flappers/episode-6/.108777

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Well, just started watching Flip Flappers (it's about time). No idea what's going on in the first episode, and, frankly, I'm not that absorbed yet. It is only the first episode though, so I'm sure I'll like it more as I watch more. Planning on watching Magical Girl Raising Project if it turns out to be yuri, so that makes 3 screwed up magical girl series I've watched so far! (I'm assuming Flip Flappers will get pretty messed up later on but who knows).

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 6:39PM

joined Mar 11, 2016

More yuri couples in Ping Pong, yay. This week's episode was a blast; fully enjoyed it. A complete win imo. Next episode can't come soon enough. :)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I watch it for the ping pong u////u

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

More yuri couples in Ping Pong, yay. This week's episode was a blast; fully enjoyed it. A complete win imo. Next episode can't come soon enough. :)

Yep. The show surprises me every week with its gayness.

Don't forget the "my Koyori" -line! They're all gay, and each has her couple! So sweet and cute that my teeth hurt. In a good way!

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

gits movie trailer looks pretty fine.
so far typical hollywood action packed stuff. what happened to the backhack and detective works? xmen apocalypse do backhck very good.

the biggest prob so far is that major girlfiend/sexfriend?
not pretty enough!!!!

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 10:08PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

the biggest prob so far is that major girlfiend/sexfriend?
not pretty enough!!!!

Wow, really?

joined Mar 11, 2016

I watch it for the ping pong u////u

why the blush?! xD

Yep. The show surprises me every week with its gayness.

Don't forget the "my Koyori" -line! They're all gay, and each has her couple! So sweet and cute that my teeth hurt. In a good way!

IKR. Koyori is yet to find someone she play for as well. we all know who it is gonna be. x)

what I did not expect was the show to be this open about their feelings. Recently the shows/studios would either not go yuri even if there was potential for it or simply dodge it because of some sentiments in japan. This is the only show (aside from flip flappers) which has the guts to display their affection for each other with no trolling or buts or ifs unlike a certain one who likes to troll us. yes i'm talking about you kyoani

To reply you must either login or sign up.