Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Profile_picture_by_revolpe-d7ojz00
joined Apr 1, 2013

What's with the weird cut of? Was there supposed to be more in this chapter?

Also I feel like Kotooka would already know considering how sharp she can be. I'm sure she's seen the looks Tsukasa has given Washio but is probs oblivious or suspicious of the looks Washio gives her.

joined May 8, 2014

I really like the picture here:

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nanashi_no_asterism_ch01#540

all three of them are looking at the person they like

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

What's with the weird cut of? Was there supposed to be more in this chapter?

The first page of chapter 5 starts directly with the continuation of this scene (just looked at my raws).

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Kotooka knows everything lol. She's my favorite in this trio for now. I wish I had her as a girlfriend ^3^

By the way, is it common in Japan to give up the seat for the elder one? I thought it was considered rude somehow.

last edited at Nov 11, 2016 12:18PM

joined Aug 11, 2014

Man, forget the love triangle stuff, if your friends are pushing you this hard to hook up with a guy whom none of you know and you're obviously not excited about, they're bad friends. At least her brother took a moment to actually ask her how she felt, even if they didn't end up actually talking about it.

Sailor%20moon%20crystal%20-%2027.mkv_snapshot_18.10_[2016.04.14_00.25.11]
joined Jul 21, 2015

Kotooka knows everything lol. She's my favorite in this trio for now. I wish I had her as a girlfriend ^3^

By the way, is it common in Japan to give up the seat for the elder one? I thought it was considered rude somehow.

i think it is. there are priority seats on the train for elderly-pregnant-difable-xxx (i forgot) which is a must to gave them up, but it's limited
it depend on your culture though, on the thought of it considered rude or not

last edited at Nov 11, 2016 12:40PM

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

Man, forget the love triangle stuff, if your friends are pushing you this hard to hook up with a guy whom none of you know and you're obviously not excited about, they're bad friends. At least her brother took a moment to actually ask her how she felt, even if they didn't end up actually talking about it.

Well obviously Mikage Kotooka has some background stuff going on, I'm thinking either she has a crush on Tsukasa Shiratori, knows about Shiratori's feelings towards Washio, or she had an incredibly bad experience with love in the past (or some combination of the three). Nadeshiko Washio probably thinks she is helping Shiratori out and repaying her for the emotional support.

Really, Shiratori also should take some of the blame for not making it clear that she has someone she is currently crushing on. I mean the guy is essentially prince charming and if you say that you currently have no one you like, there really isn't any logical reason why anyone would say you shouldn't at least meet him.

last edited at Nov 11, 2016 1:10PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Man i really want someone to do a Godzilla Drop-Kick on that Kotooka character

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Man i really want someone to do a Godzilla Drop-Kick on that Kotooka character

Agree, she managed to pissed me off even more than in last chapter. BTW, am i the only one who feels that for a 40 page per chapter manga, barely anything ever happens?

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I REALLY want Kotooka's point of view to be lengthy somehow.
I'm curious. o_o

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Her twin brother is handsome......

Why that stupid cosplay though, he can get attention of many girls without problem.

This manga is really getting off tracks though. It barely resembles yuri manga anymore

Highlight of this chapter: Her brother is surprisingly handsome.

last edited at Nov 11, 2016 2:30PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

^ He's just Tsukasa's gender bender

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I kind-of want Kotooka to be straight and just someone who likes going out with lots of people. It makes so many other things line up better.

Why hasn't she realized her two best friends are gay and one has a crush on her while the other has a crush on the first one? She's straight and not used to thinking like that.
Why is she pushing her friend to go on a date with prince charming? Because it's something she would enjoy and she thinks her friend is just being overly timid. Besides, that type of relationship isn't a big commitment. Just another way to have fun with new people.
How do the crushes get resolved? Kotooka sets her friends up with each other and the new guy with the brother.

See. Everything works better that way.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Well obviously Mikage Kotooka has some background stuff going on, I'm thinking either she has a crush on Tsukasa Shiratori, knows about Shiratori's feelings towards Washio, or she had an incredibly bad experience with love in the past (or some combination of the three). Nadeshiko Washio probably thinks she is helping Shiratori out and repaying her for the emotional support.

Wait, is it not already 100% clear that Kotooka is in love with Shiratori? I thought it had been confirmed already. Might be wrong about that, but that's how I'm expecting it to go, at least - Kotooka fell for Shiratori, gave up on love because she sees it's unrequited or is sceptical of same-sex relationships, and has been dating boys indiscriminately because she doesn't trust her own ability to understand what love is and/or hopes that random boys will be a good distraction. She's now pushing that hopelessness onto Shiratori and is encouraging her to date a random boy too, because she wants to make it clear to herself that her feelings are impossible.

She has a reason to be pushy, even if it's a twisted reason that's going to make everyone miserable. Washio just seems like she's trying to be helpful without ever bothering to ask what the person she's "helping" wants or needs, prioritising some generic ideal of what girls "should" want out of life over whether or not Shiratori feels comfortable with it, or in the worst-case-scenario, prioritising some random boy's feelings of mostly imaginary, slightly stalkery love over the girl who's ostensibly one of her best friends. There's also the possibility that Washio suspects Kotooka's feelings and is trying to remove Shiratori as a rival, but she doesn't seem like that sort of person?

(I'm still leaving open the possibility that Glasses Boy saw Shiratori's brother while he was crossdressing and fell in love with HIM, and maybe they had a conversation that the brother forgot about, and when he tried to track him down he mistook one Shiratori for the other. That would make his sudden confession a lot more understandable and less creepy, but as far as any of the girls are aware, this is the first time they've ever met.)

Really, Shiratori also should take some of the blame for not making it clear that she has someone she is currently crushing on. I mean the guy is essentially prince charming and if you say that you currently have no one you like, there really isn't any logical reason why anyone would say you shouldn't at least meet him.

I mean, no? She shouldn't actually need a reason not to meet someone beyond "I don't feel like it", especially when that person followed her to her school to confess, apparently without ever having a single conversation with her, which I don't really think of as ideal Prince Charming behaviour.

She's shown that she's fairly reluctant about doing anything with him already, if they cared enough to notice, but they've still been pushing her into "giving him a chance" and arranging dates for her anyway. The fact that she happens to be in love with someone already is kind of immaterial, at this point. If those are the magic words that would make them back off when "I don't know, I thought he was a bit weird, I'm not really interested" is arbitrarily deemed illogical and insufficient, then that makes them bad friends. If we're being generous, we can say that they have their own sympathetic and understandable reasons for being bad friends, but that doesn't really change the fact that they're being bad friends.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I think it is pretty clear that Katooka is in love with Tsukasa and doesn't think she can do anything about it so she has decided to have meaningless relationships. The one that I'm not sure about is the guy who confessed to Tsukasa. I can't figure out if he likes her or her brother...

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hoping for Kotooka x Tsukasa endgame. It seems a lot of people are getting annoyed at Kotooka right now, but I think she's the most interesting character. She might be a little pushy with setting het friend up with a guy, but it seems to be a way of coping with her own feelings. Maybe she thinks she can move on if Tsukasa is taken. They are only in middle school so their actions aren't out of the ordinary.

I also don't disagree with how pushy they are since Tsukasa never outright says she doesn't want to do it. It is annoying since we are seeing the events from Tsukasa's pov, but it might not be that obvious to someone on the outside. You can't expect everyone to read and understand your body language. It can just be interpreted as being shy and a casual get together isn't a bad way of trying to get someone out of their shell and have some fun. The only exception was her brother and thats because he knows her best after being with her so long (in addition to being a siscon lol).

joined Jun 14, 2013

I don't like this. I hope it doesn't have many chapters and ends soon. Read this kind too many times, always end up feeling disappointed.

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

I mean, no? She shouldn't actually need a reason not to meet someone beyond "I don't feel like it", especially when that person followed her to her school to confess, apparently without ever having a single conversation with her, which I don't really think of as ideal Prince Charming behaviour.

She's shown that she's fairly reluctant about doing anything with him already, if they cared enough to notice, but they've still been pushing her into "giving him a chance" and arranging dates for her anyway. The fact that she happens to be in love with someone already is kind of immaterial, at this point. If those are the magic words that would make them back off when "I don't know, I thought he was a bit weird, I'm not really interested" is arbitrarily deemed illogical and insufficient, then that makes them bad friends. If we're being generous, we can say that they have their own sympathetic and understandable reasons for being bad friends, but that doesn't really change the fact that they're being bad friends.

(cough) Snow White (cough)

I admit that I was never anything that could be considered a social butterfly and I have never gone to anything that could be considered a "date", but I fail to see anything inherently "bad" about their actions. I could easily see how her words could simply be interpreted as being shy or that she simply lacked experience. If even she didn't know anything about the kid it would still be considered good experience for future relationships, remember how awkward she was in the last chapter? Kinda like how allot people tell you that you will fuck up your first job interview, but it is still a very important experience to have for future job interviews. Her friends also had the presence of mind to keep him under surveillance just in case he was just a crazy stalker. It could simply be a social thing to, I don't know how it generally works in Japanese schools, but my own school experience highlighted that relationships were an important "status" to have and even being able to say that you have dated someone before would be infinitely better on you social life than to say that you have never dated anyone before.

Maybe I'm just being a bit biased because I have seen several other romantic manga series that start off with a similar premise and lead to adorable relationships.

last edited at Nov 11, 2016 5:45PM

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Hoping for Kotooka x Tsukasa endgame. It seems a lot of people are getting annoyed at Kotooka right now, but I think she's the most interesting character. She might be a little pushy with setting het friend up with a guy, but it seems to be a way of coping with her own feelings. Maybe she thinks she can move on if Tsukasa is taken. They are only in middle school so their actions aren't out of the ordinary.

This x 1000. Kotooka knows what's up and I think people getting annoyed with her aren't giving her enough credit. Yeah, she's pushing the girl she likes to be with someone else, but Tsukasa is going on a date with a guy just to forget about who she likes--instead of just acknowledging that she isn't interested and letting him know that. They're young and doing stupid things.

I can see how Kotooka's high energy would put people off, but man, it just makes it that much better when she's all gloomy and deep. That was what really kept me here, the introduction to her feelings for Tsukasa. I thought this was just going to be one of those linear triangles where Tsukasa likes Nadeshiko, Nadeshiko likes Kotooka, and Kotooka likes some random dude. But then it truly became a triangle in such an interesting way, going back to that meeting on the train and seeing that Kotooka was part of it from the beginning. She's unexpectedly deep.

Just, man, I love this girl. Ahaha.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

This is giving me vibes of this other manga I read, got into, then regretted and dropped. Happy End? Something like that.

Either way, whoever's continuing with it, I hope you enjoy it.

joined Apr 24, 2015

I hope tsukasa and kotooka end up together. I feel their dynamic is way more interesting. Plus I am glad to finally be able to read a 100% circular love triangle. HEY WRITERS OF MANGA AND DOUJINS GIVE US MORE CIRCULAR LOVE TRIANGLES PLEASE.Who else agrees?

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

kotooka is a slutty bitch why would you want to hook tsukasa with her ? She had like 9232 boyfriends ?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I hope tsukasa and kotooka end up together. I feel their dynamic is way more interesting. Plus I am glad to finally be able to read a 100% circular love triangle. HEY WRITERS OF MANGA AND DOUJINS GIVE US MORE CIRCULAR LOVE TRIANGLES PLEASE.Who else agrees?

I don't
I mean
Kinda
I mean
When was the last time i've read a good circular triangle hhhhhhheheeehh
I don't know

joined Apr 24, 2015

kotooka is a slutty bitch why would you want to hook tsukasa with her ? She had like 9232 boyfriends ?

Well not every romance is pure. So long as she's loyal to tsukasa it's all good in my book.

joined Apr 24, 2015

I don't
I mean
Kinda
I mean
When was the last time i've read a good circular triangle hhhhhhheheeehh
I don't know
See? I knew someone would agree with me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.