Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

who's excited for Christmas! There's 48 days left and I'm bursting with the festivity lol

I like Christmas 'cause it can be so warm and cosy...
What I don't like is all of the stressed people and their expectations and the bad mood that often comes with it... (╯•﹏•╰)

|・ω・`)
(What happened to the Maid...?) (◕ฺv◕ฺ)

@ Anon99

Omg senpai you still remember! Q//A//Q em well, I talked to Eva-chan a bit (well texted in Japanese on Twitter more like XD) and they are really nice to me, I REALLY wanna go to Japan again when I'm like 19 and earn enough money to jus be there....and too see Eva-chan again =//3//= but for now I'm being a good girl and keeping up with all my course work eheh XD

Also yeh, Christmas can sometimes bring on some bad moods like for example, for Christmas I'm planning to go back to Russia to my grandperants datcha (Russian villa I guess XD) to celebrate Christmas with them and the rest of the family...however, this year I want my best friend to join us again for Chrismas but my dad keeps saying that my grandma doesn't really like her so maybe it's not a good idea....like! I don't care who doesn't, if they won't let me bring her I'm spending Chrismas with her cos I love her more then anyone!!>H<

last edited at Nov 8, 2016 2:39PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Galich

@oliver Wishing ya luck ^,^ Those things can become tedious after a while.
I kind of wish I had some. Less than a year remaining.

Thanks. I get the feeling that a really happy uni life is on the way to you, and it's gonna arrive at a perfectly right time. :D

Sounded like a very old woman there ;P

Hey, were you implying that I was sounding like a drunk five years old kid? xD

@Alvis

What art thou studying?

Computer Science.

@Blackkitty

Good luck with your studies!
Listening to you two makes me want to go back to uni..

Thanks. You better not listen to con the actresses. :D

@Anon

Hang in there, girl!
Ganbatte! ٩(。•ω•。)و
Time flies anyway... So it'll be over soon(er or later (;^ω^))

I just learned the word "Ganbatte". Thanks :D

It's raining here. I get headaches during and/or after it rains. Also, at this very moment, my second wisdom tooth is popping up and killing me.

Question: A straight girl (she's attracted to guys) dates another girl. What's her sexuality if she's not in love with the other girl?

last edited at Nov 8, 2016 5:27PM

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

2 points of topic I'd like to elaborate on:

1: I stopped watching the Walking Dead when they decided to kill Glenn. There were a lot of poor choices leading up to the season 7 opener that really helped put the final nail in the coffin. Honestly, I really felt Glenn should've stayed dead in the 6th season. That would've been one hell of a shocker that could've made season 7's reveal super crazy. The fact that they did what they did came more across as mean-spirited than shocking. While I loved JDM's performance (in my opinion nobody better could've played Negan), the reason why Glenn was killed and the previous teasing of it came across as a big middle finger to the fans. I felt the decision to redo Abraham's death due to the comic alternative being lackluster was commendable, but with the Wolves being completely overhyped, this constant straight-from-the-comics writing, and the way certain characters were handled (E.g. Morgan. Carol), I really feel that even just Abraham wouldn't have cut it. The only true equivalent to the loss of a massive fan favorite would be Daryll. But these writers would never have the gall to do that. The comics started from humble beginnings and Robert Kirkland established one rule and one rule only for the comics. Rick is the only person who cannot die due to being the central character of the plot. Everything else is fair game. But on the tv show, there's no way in hell they'd kill off the cash-cow that is Daryll, they wouldn't murder Judith (an infant) in cold blood, and they sure as hell wouldn't take nearly as many risks as the source material or even the first 3 seasons. After the premiere of Season 7, I was officially done. There's no way in hell this show will ever live up to its former half because it peaked a long time ago. The premiere had lame editing, terriby stupid promos top of the big reveal, so don't think that's the only reason I stopped. While television is at an all-time high in quality, declining viewership and ratings, a shift in media and technology, and our current market means that shit like this will always triumph over shows that don't take the easy way out.

RANT OVER

2: Christmas is a conflicting holiday to me. It's not necessarily a spiritual thing due to personal reasons, and I sure as hell don't appreciate Christmas commercials, products, songs and what not airing as soon as Halloween is over (I mean, what about American Thanksgiving, Guy Fawkes Night, Veterans Day/ Remembrance day, or anybody who has anything important that doesn't involve a holiday that is OVER A MONTH AWAY), but it's always been a happy time visiting friends and family and getting excited over what will be under our family's Christmas tree. I still believed in Santa for quite a while longer than others, and many of my family have experienced that likewise, so the magic certainly existed for a long time. Even then my family has certain traditions that we look forward to on the 25th of December that more than make up for that loss. But again, it's a very commercialized holiday, there's this unnecessary stress about what to get people and how to shop, there's the hideously handled Black Friday, and it seems more and more that stores set up for it sooner and sooner with every passing year. But I digress, I still celebrate it because it means a lot to my family, therefore it means just as much to me.

last edited at Nov 8, 2016 5:24PM

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

Also. I'm considering majoring in English for college to possibly become an editor. I honestly feel it's a good fit for me, I think it fits my needs and can challenge me. I can start off with some sort of shadowing thing, maybe intern, maybe become an assistant and work my way into the editing gig. I feel that not only do I show a very high capability and skill with the English language, but that I also possess a very creative and analytical way of thinking that could prove constructive and beneficial to writers alike. Indiana's journalism scene is ever growing and booming, and if need be I can always move to another state. If I could, I'd love to either do editing for publishers, opinion pieces, artistic writing, or whatever. I think I got what it takes, and while I know it's risky, I'm willing to give it all I have to work from the bottom to the best position I can be in. OMG I just realized that last part totally sounded like some sort of anime protagonist's opening monolog in some wacky slice-of-life dramedy LOL. Either way, that is all.

last edited at Nov 8, 2016 5:34PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

The day is finally is amongst us, will America stand up against it's centuries-old darkness returning? Or will they revert back into the dark ages of hate and contempt?

Only a few more hrs until the final results, let's hope things turn for the better.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Only a few more hrs until the final results, let's hope things turn for the better.

Please I want to go to a college in the U.S.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Rina posted:

This is despairingly close to follow...but let's keep holding onto hopes of a miracle happening.

It's infuriating how close this is. There is no world where Trump is honestly a better choice than Clinton. Like even if every single bad thing people say about her was true she'd still be a better choice than that petulant manchild. Even if she does manage to pull off a win (it's going to be very close regardless though, she's basically guaranteed the west coast+Hawaii but several close states are already looking to be Trump's despite being projected to lean slightly Clinton) I'm going to be incredibly disappointed in the people I share a country with.

last edited at Nov 8, 2016 11:09PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Rina posted:

This is despairingly close to follow...but let's keep holding onto hopes of a miracle happening.

It's infuriating how close this is. There is no world where Trump is honestly a better choice than Clinton. Like even if every single bad thing people say about her was true she'd still be a better choice than that petulant manchild. Even if she does manage to pull off a win (it's going to be very close regardless though, she's basically guaranteed the west coast+Hawaii but several close states are already looking to be Trump's despite being projected to lean slightly Clinton) I'm going to be incredibly disappointed in the people I share a country with.

Agreed. Even though Hilary is terrible, Trump is racist to everyone who is not white.

America is supposed to be land of equal opportunity. Not a land of racism.

Anyways, good to see America killing itself here from Canada.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Agreed. Even though Hilary is terrible, Trump is racist to everyone who is not white.

America is supposed to be land of equal opportunity. Not a land of racism.

Anyways, good to see America killing itself here from Canada.

It's all about blind party loyalty not what's better god I hope the republican party gets completely torn apart

last edited at Nov 8, 2016 11:49PM

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

I am filled with pure terror

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I can't comprehend how Trump could possibly be doing this well. I guess I just had too much faith in my fellow Americans to be able to avoid falling for blatant vapid rhetoric and generally being just decent human beings.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

I can't comprehend how Drumpf could possibly be doing this well. I guess I just had too much faith in my fellow Americans to be able to avoid falling for blatant vapid rhetoric and generally being just decent human beings.

Yep, this is terrifying. I mean, as a non-American living in America, this is seriously disappointing.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

I am so glad I have everybody on here to talk to. We can all freak out together.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

I am like seriously having a mental breakdown

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Soooooo.
The bigger evil is gonna win, huh? Rip America.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

It's because the Democrats suck. They also had a very unpopular candidate. Trump talked to a large group of people that was upset (rightfully or wrongfully so is up to you) and mobilized them. It was a populist movement and Clinton was not a populist candidate. Bernie... maybe, but he would be called a communist and lose probably because of that.

I'm just worried what this means for climate change, LGBT rights, women's rights, etc. Trump used to be pro-abortion after all before flipping for this race. And the Trump campaign said they support LGBT (but also support religious liberties so this will sure be interesting). So I have no idea what he is going to do besides dig more coal, drill for more oil, do more fracking, get more gas, and pull out of the Paris Agreement.

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 12:09AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

HAHAHA and here I thought the elections over here were horrible 2 years ago...we are so fucked. The system fails again!

Relevant!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I'm just worried what this means for climate change, LGBT rights, women's rights, etc. Trump used to be pro-abortion after all before flipping for this race. And the Trump campaign said they support LGBT (but also support religious liberties so this will sure be interesting). So I have no idea what he is going to do besides dig more coal, drill for more oil, do more fracking, get more gas, and pull out of the Paris Agreement.

It's not even just that stuff. His economics plan has been universally panned by just about every single noteworthy economist. A week or two ago a group of 300 of the foremost economists in the world, including 8 who had been awarded the Nobel prize in economics, got together and wrote a letter explaining just how bad his economic policy would be for the US. If he gets elected and Congress doesn't stop him from enacting his economic plans then the US is going to face a recession that rivals the Great Depression, if not surpasses it.

Then he wants to do extremely stupid shit on top of that such as logging Muslims into a database as potential terrorists, revoke rights of people on different watchlists and the no fly list despite these lists not being democratic or even vetted in any way. Then there's the whole wall thing which is just beyond retarded.

There is pretty much no positives that could potentially come from his presidency. At the best the US is going to stagnate and likely regress socially. At worst it's going to be a complete disaster and the US is going to be toppled from its position as one of the foremost powers in the world. And we'd deserve it for letting this moron into office. But those who will pay the most for it happening are people who opposed him to begin with and a lot of those who supported him are too lacking in awareness to realize that this was an easily foreseeable outcome.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Tbh if he wins I'd actually want to see what kind of disaster his presidency will bring; maybe then everyone will realize how much they screwed up.

The only thing that I care about right now is how this idiot's presidency will affect the EU and by extension the life of my gf in Finland...I seriously hope nothing bad happens...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Rina posted:

^ Tbh if he wins I'd actually want to see what kind of disaster his presidency will bring; maybe then everyone will realize how much they screwed up.

The only thing that I care about right now is how this idiot's presidency will affect the EU and by extension the life of my gf in Finland...I seriously hope nothing bad happens...

Unfortunately those who need to see the disaster he will be are also those least likely to actually understand the ramifications of it, let alone taking responsibility for letting it happen. And even worse, since a lot of the worst issues from his presidency aren't going to be visible until his successor is in office it's going to have a similar result to Obama getting the presidency after Bush. It'll result in problems for Trump's successor that will get blamed on the successor by those who voted Trump into office in the first place who are too short-sighted to realize the issues stemmed from Trump in the first place.

Kaga
joined Apr 23, 2016

I think America's gotten sick and tired of people like Hillary, so they gave Trump a shot.

Just a few months ago we thought the idea of Trump getting into office was a complete and utter joke, now it's a reality. lol

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I think this post from another forum I frequent fairly accurately sums up a lot of my feelings about this:

I still don't get it. It's finally starting to sink in - he had 1 newspaper endorsement, zero political experience, he was denounced by almost every politician in America and around the world, he had scandal after scandal of racism, sexism, rape, fraud, was condemned by every mainstream media outlet, and was polling at 30% two weeks ago. He lost every debate with flying colors, called people names, mocked the disabled. He was the most disliked candidate in American history. He was a meme from how many people disliked him. Everyone called the election last month - there's still newspapers and magazines displayed in my college library that I'm going to photograph ASAP, because it's literally this.

Nothing changed since then. There were no revelations, or major leaks or damning scandals. But somehow he won the presidency against the former first lady and secretary of state, a household name for 30 years, having every connection in DC and abroad, who prepared zingers and factchecks for every debate and has been drumming up this campaign for well over a decade. It seemed like even people who don't give a shit about politics 'supported' her, or at least didn't support Trump.
I'm not angry or in shock, but just genuinely confused at how all these pieces came together. Was it the Brexit effect, people thought it was such an easy win they didn't bother showing up?

I am angry and in shock unlike this guy but at the same time I really am legitimately confused at how the American people could let this happen. Last I checked the current votes there was still a chance for Clinton to win but even then it'd have taken a miracle to do so. Despite all the polls suggesting Trump really stood no chance it's basically guaranteed we're getting a socially regressive ADD-addled moron with no political experience and completely atrocious policies in office.

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

I seriously don't know what to say...

So many people all over the world seem soooo pissed with how things (politics) currently are that stuff like this keeps happening...

The USA are not the first country where we get to see something like this but unfortunately this is a major blow for the whole world...

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Who knows, with any luck, orange hitler will lose his position within a year :D

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 9:40AM

joined Oct 16, 2013

I think half of this falls squarely on the media, particularly the cable news. Even the ones that are not outright lying did encourage this to be a horse race by not calling out lies, by making big deal out of the emailnothingburger, and so on.

And half of it might be that most people simply vote along their party line without really examining the candidates; it really seems to be all about feelings rather than logic. Or that white supremacy and misogyny are indeed very much alive and more popular than we thought.

To reply you must either login or sign up.