Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Was Trump winning the presidential election unpredictable?

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

I'm in shock...I thought Americans didn't favour Trump according to early polls. All over social media too people were dissing Trump. Am I to believe that all those strong opinions were shared by the American minority?

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Well anyway, look at the bright side. A lot of INSUFFERABLE whiny SWJ cunts (who would be more than happy to DELETE most of this site's content and were most likely behind the attempt to censor all anime and manga) are whining like there's no tomorrow.

This term is so overused I don't even know whom you meant.

Hardly a fan of calling anyone a cunt either. At the end of the day most of so called "social justice warriors" are just misguided individuals that genuinely believe that they're doing good for the world.

And this comes from someone that believes that most of conservative politicians are..a bit hypocritical at times.

Well you know what they say about drowning sorrows...darmn bitches eventually learn how to swim.

I still dont know how to swim.

I'm in shock...I thought Americans didn't favour Trump according to early polls. All over social media too people were dissing Trump. Am I to believe that all those strong opinions were shared by the American minority?

Pretty much an effect of silent majority ( the ones that dont share their views publicly), the way that the U.S. elections works (state wide, and not counted how many have voted) and the fact that people that want a change (be it a good or a bad) are the ones that are the most active during the voting.

@oliver by polls yes, but not unpredictable. The way that the U.S. system works they count the state votes, with some states' votes having more power than others'

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 6:00AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Will actually write it on a sticky note to not forget.. Thanks sis ^·^

Well.. probably just a normal day at that job (a receptions at a hotel).

Agreed on that^^ Moderation is the key. cough American politics

So I will be rooting for the future miss receptionist then ;)
it suits your outgoing personality, but it also can be a bit stressful job.

The political talk makes me crave a glass of wine..

joined Oct 21, 2013

^ Or, if you're in Califonia, just pack 4 years worth of Weed and be stoned everyday :D

4 years later and you might regret not packing 8 years' worth.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

All Hail Trump !

More seriously, americans had to choose between plague and cholera. While trump mostly has stupid and inadaptable policies, he obviously won't do at least half of what he's been saying. I don't know how America will turn out to be, but at least he hasn't foreign policies as bad as [corrupted]Clinton, who's not better, if not worse, than Trump.

If Donald won, it's mostly because both Obama and Clinton failed at countering him, and because the american polling system is an indirect universal suffrage, which means that it's choosen representatives of each of the 50 states who voted, and not the whole country.

Both Hillary and Trumb are the living incarnations that populism is currently the most effective way to get votes. There are basically on the first side the white [men?], the WASP, and more globally all the frustrated who voted for Trump, and the women who voted for Clinton because she is one herself, and because Trump is kind of a mysogine, and the ethnic group Trump is targetting on the other side.
The only thing I'm relieved about is that Clinton had really .. warring? foreign policies and was really corrupted, while Trump is more careless on this point, and at this stage I'd rather choose someone unexperienced than someone corrupted. On the very least he isn't gonna make war to numerous middle-east countries, not going to destroy Al-Assad and leaving Syria vulnerable to another islamic coup d'etat, and he's not going to start a cold war again with Russia.

I read some posts about how LGBT community will be treated, but even if Trump and his staff are homophobic jerkass, they probably won't do anything in terms of law, he has other priorites and he has nothing to benefit from doing that. Sure, Clinton was better than him on this point, but Trump won't harm the LGBT community much, all he'll probably do being occasional homophobic lines during his speeches.

It still remains pretty bad overall for the world, but all we can do is wait to see how things will turn out.

Nya-chan said :

Condolences.

Sadly, the same could happen in our country [France] in 2017, our extreme-right winger rascist party becoming the most popular, just like it was for Trump.
Platon wasn't totally wrong when he said that the finality of any democracy is absolutism ... the question being if absolutism is necessarily a bad thing.

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 7:26AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Or, if you're in Califonia, just pack 4 years worth of Weed and be stoned everyday :D

4 years later and you might regret not packing 8 years' worth.

The most relevant song for this topic

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

I can't understand how this happened

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

You guys forget that hillary was also anti-gay?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

NOT LAUGHING AT BREXIT ANYMORE ARE YOU?

Well you probably are. That was still really dumb.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Racist vs homophobic...

And people choose racist. At least homosexuals are safe :P

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Well here are my two cents on Trump's victory:

Hillary clinton was such an obviously corrupt cunt that EVERYONE decided to vote trump over her. Also I blame EXTREME political correctness and WHINY INSUFFERABLE swj cunts and assholes as well.

Oh well america has survived worse and at least he will give Enrique Pena Nieto EXACTLY what he deserves. Trust me, he's an EVEN BIGGER asshole than Trump.

EVERYONE including possibly still the majority of voters (last I checked she still had the popular vote.)

And if you think SJWs are that much in the national consciousness, you spend too much time online. More likely it was because of his populist anti-establishment campaign, which would have been completely nullified if the democrats just CHOSE BERNIE SANDERS COME ONE HOW COULD YOU MESS THAT UP? Most unpopular candidate ever vs one of the most popular, well we have to play it safe and go with the unpopular one.

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 11:12AM

984ee08ca42d308f9bdaa33a06c653e7
joined Dec 24, 2015

When I heard who was elected this morning.. I was like.. I mean, I couldn't even believe it. It's just. Ugh. I just read the Trump program. I'm like literally crying right now. This is bad on so many levels.. I hope you guys from America will be okay.. And if our french personal nazi is elected in 2017 I don't know... Maybe I'll pack my things and go to Antarctica. I'll hug the baby seals.

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

First, yes this outcome isn't what I assume most of us here wanted and there could be a lot of bad policy happening in the next few years. But just take a minute. This is one election, there will be a mid-term in 2 years with the campaigning starting in probably little over year. Yes the Republicans got the White House and Congress, but that can be a doubled edged sword. Obama and the Democrats got the same in 2008 which help lead to the rise and gains of the Tea Party movement. Remember America is the continual experiment in democracy.

Honestly more than anything this election was the last gasp of the baby boomers, again fucking over the next couple generations. Time and time again they were given the keys to the world and they tossed them in the mud. If you are upset and worried, don't just let it fester. Do something with it even if it is just talking about all of what has happened with friends and family. These last few years have brought to light issues that need to be addressed. It can be easy to dismiss them as "cries of the sjw", but look at that term. What is wrong with social justice, we have let a cause Americas gave their lives for to become a pejorative and a joke.

Now I know no one here has any reason to listen to me. I haven't posted here in well over a year and when I did it was sporadic at best. To go even further I am an asexual white male so I will be effected among the least. Even if you dismiss everything else I have to say, just remember this: we can learn from this and become better for it.

joined May 24, 2014

And if you think SJWs are that much in the national consciousness, you spend too much time online.

Marvel is bowing down to them in every way possible (when it comes to comic books, that is) and what's the result? DC Comics is OUTSELLING them, and let's not forget the fembusters fiasco and the attempt to label ALL who like hentai as pedos. I assure you that the last thing they care about is freedom of speech.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Marvel is bowing down to them in every way possible (when it comes to comic books, that is) and what's the result? DC Comics is OUTSELLING them, and let's not forget the fembusters fiasco and the attempt to label ALL who like hentai as pedos. I assure you that the last thing they care about is freedom of speech.

Are you drunk or are you just a bad reader? Freedom of speech has nothing to do with anything I said. If people voted Trump on that issue because he's so for free speech when evil sjws are against it, they're morons since he's not for it either. His idea of free speech is getting to say what he likes but censoring mean things said about him.

comic sales and hentai aren't exactly mainstream national debate either. What is mainstream is marvel at the box office, and if they're bowing down to sjws like you say, those numbers easily cancel out ghostbuster's.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@ Galich

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nice pic!

A shame how easy it is to get used to conveniences in sharp contrast to disadvantages.

That is really true.
But you can also get used to bad news even though it feels less pleasing...

I realize how important of a decision it is, but if that's what it takes for me to not feel like a half-arsed broken toy, then so be it.

That's the spirit! I just hope you'll be able to hold on to that on your way there even when things get rough again...

Just out of curiosity... Have you gotten rid of your beard yet? ^^

Dunno how it's gonna play out with the uni tho.. no individual changing rooms during mandatory PE classes

You have mandatory PE classes in college...? O_O

@Anon

Thanks! I really like your new one as well. Reminds me of The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd.

True that.. but from my experience it's much easier to get used to something positive.. kind of sucks if you ask me. Oh well, such is life I guess.

So do I.. well, I have plenty of meetings with psychiatrists before being allowed to take the decision.. and well, I wonder if it's the only thing that makes me feel unhappy.

Now that's a good question.. yup, a week ago^^ Pretty much came with the decision to transition. On a bit of a funny note, I literally started crying while I was shaving it lol.

Guess I get attached to things too much.

Unfortunately.. and no seperate changing rooms.. that's what I'm afraid of. Pretransition or not, it's gonna be unpleasant for me.

Will actually write it on a sticky note to not forget.. Thanks sis ^·^

Well.. probably just a normal day at that job (a receptions at a hotel).

Agreed on that^^ Moderation is the key. cough American politics

So I will be rooting for the future miss receptionist then ;)
it suits your outgoing personality, but it also can be a bit stressful job.

The political talk makes me crave a glass of wine..

@OlderSis

Thanks! ^.^

Well, plenty of people say I'm outgoing.. and I need to occupy self with something.. we'll see how it works out in the end.

Got another call today from another hotel for the same position.. aren't I a lucky girl.

Passes a glass of wine* Funilly enough, the first thing I did after I came back home after writing that message was falling asleep and then waking up with slight hangover..

For everyone.. thanks to Anon got reminded of this song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FrOQC-zEog

Probably a good way to live through the presidency.

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 12:22PM

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

2: Christmas is a conflicting holiday to me. It's not necessarily a spiritual thing due to personal reasons, and I sure as hell don't appreciate Christmas commercials, products, songs and what not airing as soon as Halloween is over (I mean, what about American Thanksgiving, Guy Fawkes Night, Veterans Day/ Remembrance day, or anybody who has anything important that doesn't involve a holiday that is OVER A MONTH AWAY), but it's always been a happy time visiting friends and family and getting excited over what will be under our family's Christmas tree. I still believed in Santa for quite a while longer than others, and many of my family have experienced that likewise, so the magic certainly existed for a long time. Even then my family has certain traditions that we look forward to on the 25th of December that more than make up for that loss. But again, it's a very commercialized holiday, there's this unnecessary stress about what to get people and how to shop, there's the hideously handled Black Friday, and it seems more and more that stores set up for it sooner and sooner with every passing year. But I digress, I still celebrate it because it means a lot to my family, therefore it means just as much to me.

I totally get you! I mean mostly about the stress of thinking what to get for people, or like who will be that one friend that you thought was not that close to you but then BAM Christmas Day and they get you a gift so you were expected to get one too. I'm already feeling tempted my all the Christmas merch and it's mid November but I guess that's just what the media does to you. However I still appreciate stuff like guy fox cos I live in London so it's quite important for us, went to see fireworks too with my friends ahah. As for Black Friday, well that's just the American purge so it doesn't effect me lol xD feel bad for them on this day man.

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

Also honestly this was a bit of a shock, but us Brits just watch from the side, snapchat was exploding with this too. I really do feel bad for the Americans to have such an arse as the leader. Lol it's like Brexit, no one thought it would actually happen and it did! Lard save American. I hope our presedent Putin (cos I'm from Russia) won't team up with this orange baboon for a ww3. Удачи Америка!

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I thought people who complain about "sjw" unironically are not supposed to be taken seriously nowadays. Is this still a thing that people have issues with?

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 1:16PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

People who act like SJWs are the worst thing that ever happened to freedom and life in general are definitely getting more annoying than actual SJWs.
And, you don't even know. As someone who doesn't really use Tumblr, like, at all, all I see all over the internet are people complaining about SJWs. I've seen like maybe 5 actual SJWs write something on YT in my whole internet life.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Racist vs homophobic...

And people choose racist. At least homosexuals are safe :P

Umm... Trump is also anti-gay tho, and the VP is a huge religious zealot, anti-gay too. Btw Tump holding that rainbow flag, when he also said he was gonna take gay marrige down, that confused ppl into thinking he supported lgbt.

When gay marriage was finally a thing in the USA he was against it.

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 1:39PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

The anti-establishment sentiment among americans was simply too strong and Hillary was possibly the best representation of the establishment Trump could've ever wanted to pit himself against.

That being said, I am still majorly surprised this is the outcome.

Now we wait and see how much Trump can do while the republicans own everything.

To help people remember I have this little thing : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Presidents_and_control_of_Congress

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 1:37PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Ppl think the president has absolute power, he does not. But he does have influence and can easily lobby for shit.

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 1:41PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Umm... Trump is also anti-gay tho, and the VP is a huge religious zealot, anti-gay too. Btw Tump holding that rainbow flag, when he also said he was gonna take gay marrige down, that confused ppl into thinking he supported lgbt.

When gay marriage was finally a thing in the USA he was against it.

At least he's better than most republicans on those issues D:

Now we wait and see how much Trump can do while the republicans own everything.

To help people remember I have this little thing : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Presidents_and_control_of_Congress

Those republicans are establishment though, and most hate him from what I know. So he probably won't be getting much done, it'll be mostly his cabinet screwing everything :'D

To reply you must either login or sign up.