Forum › The Mistress Story discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

"I want to be that wine glass"
So bad, so good.

Chapter 12, page 002, panel 4: Missing text in bubble.

joined Jan 8, 2014

So bad, so good.

Ugh! I know!
But yeah cliffhanger much? Lol
Thanks for translating!

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

So bad, so good.

Chapter 12, page 002, panel 4: Missing text in bubble.

Thx, it's SFX I will replace this page later

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_mistress_story_ch13#10

"Moives"

Also, the proportions of the bodies are all over the place. This throws me off. It's supposed to be dramatic, or romantic, or something, but I can't help but laugh when I see this

last edited at Oct 25, 2016 2:07PM

Kaga
joined Apr 23, 2016

The grammar and spelling is definitely getting better. \o/

These are just small mistakes I wanted to point out ono:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_mistress_story_ch13#7 "Waitress" should be "waiter."
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_mistress_story_ch14#2 "naive" is spelled wrong
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_mistress_story_ch14#13 They used "we're arrived" instead of "we've..."
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_mistress_story_ch14#14 "She just a child" should have "She is" or "she's."

last edited at Oct 25, 2016 3:41PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That was oddly adorable and the art is improving!

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

say what you want but I'm enjoying this a lot... The author should just focus on the main relationship instead of the crazy ex or whatever she is.

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

All i really can think about after this chapter is her driving under influence. Remember kids driving after drinking is a bad idea even after only one glass. Altough i'm pretty sure she had atleast 2?

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

that was quicker then I though it was going to happen... good :3

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

I started of kind of hating this, but I've learned to love this.

joined May 10, 2015

I'm enjoying this more, these chapters have been cute.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Meh. A bdsm mistress acting like a blushing maiden looks pitiful.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I also feel that this story's writing is extremely disjointed. Characterization points just don't fit together with each other, and yet the author keeps steamrolling over them to get to the next plot point, resulting in strange leaps of judgement and causality.

@Nya-chan: Maybe that's the whole point? There is nothing unusual with a mistress being insecure when her relationship suddenly becomes more than just play. Ally from Sunstone is a perfect example (though, of course, Sejic has a much better grasp on story pacing).

last edited at Oct 26, 2016 2:50AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Dommes are people too.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not really used to people wanting characters to be two-dimensional, but you do you I guess.

joined Oct 23, 2016

The long awaited kiss! But one of them is "asleep" Omg.. I don't want to imagine where this is going to lead.
Looks like Mistress is falling for Puppy's innocence. lol

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Not really used to people wanting characters to be two-dimensional, but you do you I guess.

I understand the rationale behind the plot points the author made. Mistress used to be in control but suddenly she finds herself falling in love with puppy girl.

That's the story.

But it's badly done. The shift is brutal and not really supported by anything special in term of events or intractions. The mistress' struggle with her feelings is not convincing.

That's my point. Her domme credit is ruined, because it looks like it was phony all along.

The author is seriously ignorant about the dom/sub mindset.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

You're the one who sounds ignorant. There's no set "dom/sub mindset" because doms and subs are regular human beings with all the variety that entails. Just because you've pigeonholed dominant people into a particular stereotype doesn't make them a "phony" for breaking from it it just makes your preconceived notions on the matter inaccurate.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

I understand the rationale behind the plot points the author made. Mistress used to be in control but suddenly she finds herself falling in love with puppy girl.

That's the story.

But it's badly done. The shift is brutal and not really supported by anything special in term of events or intractions. The mistress' struggle with her feelings is not convincing.

That's my point. Her domme credit is ruined, because it looks like it was phony all along.

Or you have way too mich 2 dimensional point of view towards dom/sub to realise that story is going fine and making characters more like humans rather based on one stereotype.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"domme credit", lol

I should show that to some of my domme friends, they'd laugh themselves silly.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I thought we were here to discuss about the manga posted here. That's what I do.

NYA NOTE : stay on topic. [Nez Mini-Note: Nice try, but no. You're not a moderator.]

If you don't want to talk about the manga, but about how you think I'm a stupid person with a stupid opinion, or whatever, take it elsewhere. Your sarcasm is unwelcome here.

Back to this story : in my opinion, the problem is just that this character IS two dimensional. A "mistress" who was never in love (so she never loved any of her partners?) who's turning overnight into a "what is this feeling?" pile of goo and clings to an attitude of "I must be in charge and show her a good time", because of reasons, doesn't make an interesting story. We lack background, the characters are not likable or dislikable. They are flat. Fake. Two dimensional. (and not only in the way they are drawn).

But if you think it's the next yuri masterpiece, feel free to explain why.

last edited at Oct 26, 2016 5:47PM by Nezchan

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Omg, Gunj in these last updates was fucking gold (pun), I snorted and laughed at least 3 times.

• "I'll take you out on a date, it'll be the best date ever and you'll love it."
  • Makes arrangements to go to this expensive af theater: "Actually I don't like watching movies." (are these places real? I can't imagine theaters with waiters, wouldn't it be distracting, to order while watching a movie? Unless it's like, before it starts, idk)
  • Is enjoying the date: Did she do something to me??
  • Angrily walking away from confused [fake] girlfriend, hurt, thinking: What does it all mean? ANSWER ME PETAI
  • "Are you still angry with me?" "No, [...] what do I have to be mad about?" (PFFFTT, refer to previous point)
  • Petai is pretty cute
  • "I want to be that wine glass"
  • Tsundere mistress

Kissing Petai while she's drunk and asleep tho...
I know that typically, it's the long awaited kiss and shit, and we're meant to ship them (?), and "kissing love interest while they're asleep" isn't that uncommon, that probably Petai wouldn't have been too against it and that it's supposed to be a great change in Gunj's character, given that she's never really kissed anyone before (and implies that she's never loved, perhaps), but... eeh fiction logic. It's probably ight
It's low key trash and isn't written very well,, but I enjoyed the last 3, Petai was cute, Mistress was irrational and moody; it was fun

last edited at Oct 26, 2016 6:04PM

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

I RILLY wish one of the two protagonists had dark hair, because I often find them impossible to tell apart.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016
  • Makes arrangements to go to this expensive af theater: "Actually I don't like watching movies." (are these places real? I can't imagine theaters with waiters, wouldn't it be distracting, to order while watching a movie? Unless it's like, before it starts, idk)

Yeah, there are a few places like that here in USAia. Alamo Drafthouse does that.

It's low key trash and isn't written very well,, but I enjoyed the last 3, Petai was cute, Mistress was irrational and moody; it was fun

I am in the midst of writing a Saejima/Ichiha (from Valkyrie Drive) BDSM doujin that I hope to get illustrated, and hopefully it will be better written. Only time will tell.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I am in the midst of writing a Saejima/Ichiha (from Valkyrie Drive) BDSM doujin that I hope to get illustrated, and hopefully it will be better written. Only time will tell.

Remember, second, third and fourth drafts are your friends.

To reply you must either login or sign up.