joined Mar 25, 2013

Sequel of which one though?

Etqyggh6mxyi1klo3fwjrwrwicpboh
joined Feb 7, 2015

Aishiteru? Banzai..

13923653_1771515986467116_552673524643254779_o
joined Mar 16, 2016

FINAAALLLYYYY!!!

i can die peacefully now... oh wait its still have another one... when they meet Umi sister

C2
joined Apr 3, 2016

Oh god yes, I'm dying. Thank you for this.

joined Nov 12, 2013

Sequel?

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

aggressive umi are the best umi! >_<

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Dat ending though. Dawww!

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

This was so fluffy.

Aishiteru? Banzai..

It's one of their songs.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

THANK YOU GiB THIS IS A GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE
(and I haven't even actually read it yet)

Edit: IT ONLY GOT BETTER holy HELL

last edited at Oct 10, 2016 12:28PM

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

What's the prequel to this story?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

imo in order to put a "sequel" tag there should be required link to a prequel, which would show up next to the tags, this would be way more convinient than looking for it by yourself by browsing other works from the author

I agree with this, it's ridiculous to put a Sequel tag on a story then not actually say what it's a sequel to. At the very least put a link in the first comment in the discussion when it's posted.

last edited at Oct 10, 2016 12:35PM

Mustard%20spark
joined Aug 1, 2015

Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands, gang.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

My guess it's a sequel to Your Straightforward Expression since they're already dating in that one. But as I said, you really shouldn't have to guess.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I thought all her eliumi stuff was part of a series. Like, that's why this one is number 8.

Bikkiav
joined Feb 9, 2015

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

e: It's more than a little self-centered considering that yuri manga is such a niche in what can already be a pretty unforgiving line of work, but I'd be really happy if the author went on to do published work one day.

last edited at Oct 10, 2016 1:48PM

E065_1
joined Dec 3, 2015

SO CUTEEEE

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

Haven't even started reading, checking the author to see what the prequel was, author has like 20 pieces that are all Eri x Umi lmao

joined Jan 4, 2014

My guess it's a sequel to Your Straightforward Expression since they're already dating in that one. But as I said, you really shouldn't have to guess.

IIRC Passion actually comes after Your Straightforward Expression, which would potentially make this the sequel to that one?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

IIRC Passion actually comes after Your Straightforward Expression, which would potentially make this the sequel to that one?

There really doesn't seem to be much continuity between her stories to be honest, other than The Secret Shokolad taking place the morning after Deep Blue Sea Like Me, so calling anything but that a sequel seems to be over-selling it.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Girls in Boxes once wrote whole chronology BUT I DON'T REMEMBER in which post xD dammit xD

Edit: FOUND IT

Deep Blue Sea Like Me → The Secret Shokolad (vol. 1) → The Secret Shokolad (vol. 2) → Fortunate Re”lation [ re-release of Fortunate Relation; not yet scanlated] → Your Straightforward Expression → passion → Time for sweet living [her latest work!]

Edit 2: there is new work "Tsumuide Yuku Hibi"

last edited at Oct 10, 2016 3:58PM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I've removed the sequel tag after some discussion with drpepperfan. It was probably a mistake to add it there and I apologise for the confusion.

As I've explained previously, tMnR's UmiEli works can be considered a "series" as they all have a loose connection. However, they were not released in chronological order, and they do not assume you have read the previous works (except for the ones explicitly titled "Part 1" "Part 2"). They are not a strict "series" in the traditional sense and there's not currently any larger banner I can describe them under.

If you're interested, the chronological order is as follows:
Deep Blue Sea Like Me → The Secret Shokolad (vol. 1) → The Secret Shokolad (vol. 2) → Fortunate Re”lation [ re-release of Fortunate Relation; not yet scanlated] → Your Straightforward Expression → passion → Time for sweet living / Another work that we should be releasing soonish (not 100% sure on the chonological order of these two)

The release order is more or less the same order that each doujin has been scanlated.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

imo in order to put a "sequel" tag there should be required link to a prequel, which would show up next to the tags, this would be way more convinient than looking for it by yourself by browsing other works from the author

I agree with this, it's ridiculous to put a Sequel tag on a story then not actually say what it's a sequel to. At the very least put a link in the first comment in the discussion when it's posted.

I agree with this - though I see you removed sequel in this case.

Sometimes it can be hard to figure out what a story is a sequel to so it should be always linked to, assuming it is on the reader.

The best way would be to make the sequel tags actually link to the sequel, not to a list of all sequels (can't see why anyone would ever need to get a list of all sequels anyways but I'd have that accessible only through the search by tag facility and the link in the overall tag list.

Maybe you can't make it work like that at this point but It would be nice to get a link somewhere going forward.

As to the doujin it was amazing - thanks :)

I always thought I liked Eli x Nozomi more but now I'm not sure - they sure are sweet together.

Unlike nico & maki I can enjoy Eli and Umi with several different pairings - Eli can go well with Umi or Nozomi
- and I think Umi works well with Eli and Kotori - though for some reason I don't think she works with Honoko imo.

last edited at Oct 10, 2016 8:33PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.