Forum › Amanchu! discussion

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Holy cap yes, I was hoping amanchu would get uploaded here someday. It's only one of my absolute faves!!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

had forgotton how similar the art in the anime is to the manga's.
Anime looks amazing.

joined Oct 13, 2014

hoping for a yuri ending

joined Jan 22, 2015

This being animated made my year.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Insta-fav! Thank you for uploading!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

At last it's there. Funny, I have the feeling it was there at first but got removed for some reason.

Also, I really feel that the yuri get stronger as chapters goes, especially since the kid became a rival of sort of Teko. The running contest chapter where both took part in order to "protect" (claim ?) Pikari's lips were really nice in that regard. ^^

joined Oct 13, 2014

At last it's there. Funny, I have the feeling it was there at first but got removed for some reason.

Also, I really feel that the yuri get stronger as chapters goes, especially since the kid became a rival of sort of Teko. The running contest chapter where both took part in order to "protect" (claim ?) Pikari's lips were really nice in that regard. ^^

not to mention the anime makes it gayer. especially in the op

N022
joined Apr 23, 2016

Vivaaa
I love these characthers

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Oh my, I was defending this show on /u/
I am happy that dynasty show support ;)

joined Jul 26, 2016

The running contest chapter where both took part in order to "protect" (claim ?) Pikari's lips were really nice in that regard. ^^

The CHALLENGE ACCEPTED face Futaba suddenly manifested in that scene still cracks me up.

Mind, there was also that one earlier chapter... y'know Pikari, it's rude to ogle girls so shamelessly even if they're all pretty and wonderful and graceful etc.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

last edited at Sep 22, 2016 3:00PM

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Wohoooo... Finally here after requesting it :)

I love this so much. :)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Anime ending was so sooooooooooooo cute with so many daisukis

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

I thought they were going to straddle that subtext line at the end....but Pikari was pretty damn clear....and the facial expressions sold it!

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

that school uniform looks uncomfortable...

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Chapters 35 and 36 are in the wrong order!

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I really hope we don't get anymore Peter Pan chapters in the future. Doesn't even feel like the same manga series at all.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

@Cannibal

I agree. Chapter 53 is some retarded nonsense, to the point where I wonder what the heck Amano is smoking. And why have Futaba hug Peter, saying she will stay with him forever? The main draw of this manga is the relationship between Futaba and Akari. It's bad enough already has been absolutely no progress in that department for many chapters already, and the last thing we need is Futaba crushing on a guy, even if it's just in her dreams.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

@Cannibal

And why have Futaba hug Peter, saying she will stay with him forever? The main draw of this manga is the relationship between Futaba and Akari. It's bad enough already has been absolutely no progress in that department for many chapters already, and the last thing we need is Futaba crushing on a guy, even if it's just in her dreams.

Uh, that wasn't Futaba, it's the young Mako-chan-sensei. Futaba never had anything to do with the whole peter dream thingy.

That said, I kinda agree that so far, those part don't add much to the story. I guess there's some symbolism to be found somewhere, but don't really feel like trying to figure that out.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

@Chantelune

Uh, that wasn't Futaba, it's the young Mako-chan-sensei. Futaba never had anything to do with the whole
peter dream thingy.

Oh, that's right. It guess just shows my complete disinterest in that bit that I didn't even bother to make sure who's who ;) You also have to admit that they look quite alike.

That said, I kinda agree that so far, those part don't add much to the story. I guess there's some symbolism
to be found somewhere, but don't really feel like trying to figure that out.

Well, I guess it's a reference to Peter Pan, the boy who didn't want to grow up, ship 'n all.

Honestly though, if Amano keeps up all this supernatural nonsense I think I will just drop this one. Luckily we still have the anime.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Uh, that wasn't Futaba, it's the young Mako-chan-sensei. Futaba never had anything to do with the whole peter dream thingy.

Well Futaba IS the dream-master and taught Ai to fly with a broom - a reference waaaaay back to chapter 38.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, I guess it's a reference to Peter Pan, the boy who didn't want to grow up, ship 'n all.

yeah, I'd think this part is supposed to mean something for the manga characters, especially mako-chan-sensei. ^^;

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

This Peter Pan crap has by far been the weakest part of this manga. It's not even the het that I'm upset about, the whole thing is just way out of place and just wasn't all that interesting. Couldn't they just have had the teacher's fall in love without going full blown supernatural?

last edited at May 22, 2017 4:28PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I think going full fantasy it's okay, I'm used to that since ARIA... But now I'll need some confirmation, how many chapters are out in Japan so far? I'm gonna spoiler talk right now.
When I finished the anime, a friend told me that he saw somewhere that it would turn into het and that totally killed my hype, but could it be that this development with Peter Pan was what he was talking about? and nothing to do with Akari or Futaba? if so, I would like to keep reading, but if there are many chapters out there without translation, anything could happen and I would like to know right now if I'm being baited.

PS: I Just found the raws of the newest chapters... I'm gonna sacrifice myself and see it all, I'm gonna save you from potential bait
PS2: My big mouth... Sorry but my third world internet didn't let me load the chapters, but here you go http://bzland.net/?PHPSESSID=jlaea46ra1d0g5m44duqoo7081&board=3520.0 I just want to know "I'm being baited with the main characters?" Yes or no? .... That's all I ask.

last edited at May 22, 2017 6:16PM

Tjfnnyw
joined Jan 7, 2017

I think going full fantasy it's okay, I'm used to that since ARIA... But now I'll need some confirmation, how many chapters are out in Japan so far? I'm gonna spoiler talk right now.
When I finished the anime, a friend told me that he saw somewhere that it would turn into het and that totally killed my hype, but could it be that this development with Peter Pan was what he was talking about? and nothing to do with Akari or Futaba? if so, I would like to keep reading, but if there are many chapters out there without translation, anything could happen and I would like to know right now if I'm being baited.

PS: I Just found the raws of the newest chapters... I'm gonna sacrifice myself and see it all, I'm gonna save you from potential bait
PS2: My big mouth... Sorry but my third world internet didn't let me load the chapters, but here you go http://bzland.net/?PHPSESSID=jlaea46ra1d0g5m44duqoo7081&board=3520.0 I just want to know "I'm being baited with the main characters?" Yes or no? .... That's all I ask.

From skimming the latest raws, I'd say that the yuri subtext is stil very noticable.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Volume 10 won't load for me, but what I can see from volume 11 the yuri subtext is alive and well.

To reply you must either login or sign up.