Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

What is everyone's favorite subject in school? or was

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Alvis

English, of course! ^^
And foreign history and politics.

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

@Alvis History. It was math but now numbers drive me crazy. You can't easily tell if you flipped the numbers in English I can tell if I flipped them.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Alvis

History, philosphia (how surprising), economics.

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ SF

Fair enough ;)
It's just always good to know which time zone we're dealing with.
But New York, wow... Could be worse, I guess ^^
Now I'm envious... I live in a small noplaceville in Germany where nothing interesting ever takes place... if I'd be willing to leave my family behind I'd move... but I'm clearly not ;)

@ oliver

Interesting question.
But it always depends on the situation, I guess.
What were the circumstances for the murder they committed?
If it was just a one time crime on impulse, then clearly, yes. Everyone deserves another chance.
But if it was a coldblooded killer who liked to torture his victims and killed several people just for his own pleasure... I think I would hesitate at least...
If it was someone like Hitler or Kim Jong-Un on the ground... I'd gladly wave them goodbye (^_^)/ „See you in hell, bitch!“
I'm not that good a person, I guess... ^^

@ Rina

… do I sense a little frustration here...? ;)
I would really love to discuss this anime with you but unfortunately I'm soooo not up-to-date with anything... T_T
That's also why I couldn't think of anything to reply to your last post.
Most recent anime I watched was One Punch Man... and it wasn't even yuri...
But it always sucks when producers force a story to go in a certain direction even though it doesn't make any sense... you see that a lot.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Alvis biology/chemistry... and I'm the only one here who doesn't like history/maths xD
of course you should go to grad school!

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Hmm.. all languages but German (sorry Anon and others!), history, economics and political science.

Seems like a typical response tbh.

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

Hello all!

Some of you may have wondered where I've been but probably not.

Regardless, I now request input from you guys. For you see, I am writing a novelette. I've written two before (1 completed, one DNF), but now I'm back at it. I'd like to know, given your diverse experiences, what you think. Here's what I have so far. There currently is no title, if any of you have criticism, feedback, suggestions, ideas, thoughts, whatvever, feel free to reply. Here it is:

I can't tell you the reason I am the way I am. In all honesty, how could I? Whether there's some force at hand within the realm of impossibility or pure coincidence drives it all, I'm ultimately myself. I've got a hunch how I came to know I was different than all the other girls. It must've been third grade and the way I looked at Chloe Waltz, or maybe it was first grade at the playground and how I always insisted that no one but me was better fit for the task of saving the princess. Regardless, I always stood out among my peers from the very start. My parents worried whether I'd be able to fit in once I got older and my differences became more apparent. Be that as it may, let me introduce myself.
My name is Alice Anne Gable, but you can call me Al. I know it seems odd to go by a guy name, but I think it fits me. I was born on April 30th, 2000. My parents are Betty Greene Gable, an elementary school teacher, and Simon Paul Gable, a salaryman. I have one brother, but he's quite a bit older than me. His name is William. He moved out a long time ago and even has a family of his own now. I'm currently 15 and about to start high school.

That's it.
EDIT: I know it's not formatted, so bear with it. It actually is for the real thing.

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 5:24PM

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

My favorite subject in school was English and History. I was good at math, but it bored and annoyed me. I did enjoy Finite Math (but that's partially because I was head over heels and obsessed with my super hot milf of a teacher) I also enjoyed art (I had an amazing art teacher).

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 7:46PM

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

When I was in high school, my classmates went into an argument, "If you were seeing a near-death murderer, would you save him?" some said Yes, while some gave a big No. I was in the "yes" group. The other side asked "What do you think/feel if he kills another person in the future?"

Any answers from you guys?

I basically agree with Galich's answer here, but I'll add a little from my own perspective.

I've seen documentaries on convicted murderers, and one thing that stands out is that a lot of them are fairly mentally retarded. I remember how one man on death row was asked if he had any regrets (about the premeditated murder he committed.) His answer was, "how can you regret something you planned?". It's a non sequiter to anyone else, but to him, that thinking made perfect sense. I think that remedial education would go a long way toward helping many of these people; not just how to read and write, but things like basic logic, critical thinking, and the rules of social interaction.

I don't doubt that there are some people who will never get better and who will always be violent. In those cases, they need someone who can look after them (and they shouldn't be given anything more deadly than a plastic spork), but I don't feel any hatred towards those people.

I'm entirely opposed to punitive justice... people need more support, not punishment. I'm also an advocate of prison abolition. In general, I think institutions do much, much more violence than individuals.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon
when you win the lottery you will open a bar^^ I imagine Homolulu as a retro bar with many colours where one could enjoy good music and decent sweets xD..

hah, you are who you are already!

I don't find it strange at all^^ and you kind of remind me of a child :)

I see... probably a similar situation.. your mom really is great then!

haha, sweet temptation! I'm not like you, I enjoy eating very much xD

well, you are kind enough to read all the posts here, and to reply to them!

no worries, and now I feel better... what a nice song ;)

@Oliver hah, I don't like these kinds of questions xD... it depends on the situation, but what I know for sure is that I'm responsible only for my own actions and I'm no murderer..

@Mato I don't write myself so I don't know what to say.. but I want to read more of your story!^^

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Suosiki

I think that remedial education would go a long way toward helping many of these people

I cannot agree here. I don't know if you heard about it, but what you live during the very first years of your life is what define you as a person, what makes you who you are. That's why education has a crucial importance at this stage of life. I'm not saying this out of nothing, it has been proven.
You're also way more receptive during the first years of your life .. let's say until you become a full-grown adult.

So, when a full-grown adult kills someone, he can't be fixed anymore. (don't like the word, but if fits here so..). It is basically too late, he won't change no matter what you try to do, that's why I consider them as "socially incompatible". That's sad, amoral and harsh, but they're lost right from the moment they commit their crime.

That's also the reason I said that, quoting myself

Humans are moldable ? That everything depends of the education and of the valors you will inculcate them.

By education I mean the way someone is raised, not the cultural and critical education.

I'm entirely opposed to punitive justice... people need more support, not punishment. I'm also an advocate of prison abolition. In general, I think institutions do much, much more violence than individuals.

I agree on the point about institutions. However, according to what I said above, I think punitive justice is the only remaining way to deal with them.
Although it only applies to the worst criminals, not everyone, ofcourse. I was talking about a murderer here. A "normal" person, or even someone like a thief, or a soldier would need, and for the case of the soldier, must have support.

Edit : I liked your essay Matto, I don't really have anything to say except that, like kitty, I look forward to reading more. We still can discuss about it on steam, don't mind messaging me if you want to talk about it !

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 6:47PM

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

It's a tie between film studies and music history. In general, I liked anything to do with pop culture.

My actual major in school was Geography. At first, I enjoyed studying physical geography the most. But when I got to the upper division courses, the amount of memorization involved kicked my ass... also, I was becoming more interested in politics and political theory at that time. So I did most of my coursework in human geography, learning a little about urban planning, geopolitics, history, sociology, ect... student of many things, master of none. ;)

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

So, when a full-grown adult kills someone, he can't be fixed anymore. (don't like the word, but if fits here so..). It is basically too late, he won't change no matter what you try to do, that's why I consider them as "socially incompatible". That's sad, amoral and harsh, but they're lost right from the moment they commit their crime.

Socially incompatible is a relative term. A person can be incompatible to the society they currently live in, but the fault may not lie 100% with the person. Which isn't to excuse them or say that they're not accountable for their actions, only that you discount the role of society when you say a person is lost.

It's also a curiously religious position to take... what exactly about the person is "lost", and how is it lost?

In any case, what you said about adult murderers is not only too broad of a statement, in many cases it's demonstrably untrue. There are murderers who not only have become nonviolent, but spent the rest of their lives teaching people about the negative effects of violence. Stanley Williams, for one.

Also, do some reading on the concept of restorative justice.

I agree on the point about institutions. However, according to what I said above, I think punitive justice is the only remaining way to deal with them.
Although it only applies to the worst criminals, not everyone, ofcourse. I was talking about a murderer here. A "normal" person, or even someone like a thief, or a soldier would need, and for the case of the soldier, must have support.

Actually, I see a lot of parallels between a murderer and a soldier with PTSD. There are people with PTSD who can be rehabilitated and people who can't, but you don't have the authority to determine that. It varies from case to case. Similarly, whether a person who murders can recover from that is going to vary from case to case. If you agree that a soldier -- also a full-grown adult who kills someone -- can be "fixed", then you have to accept that some murderers can be as well.

And I am far more sympathetic to some people who murder out of desperation, mental illness, a history of child abuse, ect. than I am to many soldiers.

Punishment sends the message that human life is cheap, that violence is acceptable, and that certain people can be targeted with violence if they fall within a moral out-group. Also, punishment doesn't only affect the person being punished, but their families and communities. All of which contributes to creating more murderers, not less.

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 7:23PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hello all!

Some of you may have wondered where I've been but probably not.

Regardless, I now request input from you guys. For you see, I am writing a novelette. I've written two before (1 completed, one DNF), but now I'm back at it. I'd like to know, given your diverse experiences, what you think. Here's what I have so far. There currently is no title, if any of you have criticism, feedback, suggestions, ideas, thoughts, whatvever, feel free to reply. Here it is:

I can't tell you the reason I am the way I am. In all honesty, how could I? Whether there's some force at hand within the realm of impossibility or pure coincidence drives it all, I'm ultimately myself. I've got a hunch how I came to know I was different than all the other girls. It must've been third grade and the way I looked at Chloe Waltz, or maybe it was first grade at the playground and how I always insisted that no one but me was better fit for the task of saving the princess. Regardless, I always stood out among my peers from the very start. My parents worried whether I'd be able to fit in once I got older and my differences became more apparent. Be that as it may, let me introduce myself.
My name is Alice Anne Gable, but you can call me Al. I know it seems odd to go by a guy name, but I think it fits me. I was born on April 30th, 2000. My parents are Betty Greene Gable, an elementary school teacher, and Simon Paul Gable, a salaryman. I have one brother, but he's quite a bit older than me. His name is William. He moved out a long time ago and even has a family of his own now. I'm currently 15 and about to start high school.

That's it.
EDIT: I know it's not formatted, so bear with it. It actually is for the real thing.

Bit of an info dump right at the start, you'll want to spread things out a fair bit when you get to the second draft stage.

Hard to really comment on an excerpt of a first draft in progress, really. By definition it's something that'll get changed as you get further into the process. The whole idea of a first draft is getting the idea on paper (real or virtual), in essence telling the story to yourself. And it's going to be terrible! But that's what first drafts usually are, which is why you do second, third, fourth and so on drafts to turn this lump of clay you just tossed down into something beautiful.

By the way, is "salaryman" a term commonly used around where you are, or is it imported from anime?

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Socially incompatible is a relative term. A person can be incompatible to the society they currently live in, but the fault may not lie 100% with the person. Which isn't to excuse them or say that they're not accountable for their actions, only that you discount the role of society when you say a person is lost.

While it's true that it's not 100% the fault of a person, but it doesn't change the fact that the person is a danger for the current society they live in. When I said lost, I meant someone who is (very) unlikely to be able to go back to society again. That they might commit more crimes. I didn't imply any religious meaning behind it. It would have been quite ironical from an atheist ...

As much as I respect your point of view, I find your example irrelevant as Stanley Williams was already sentenced to death. Being sentenced to death sure helps to change your mind; but can you affirm that if he had been released, he wouldn't have committed other crimes. You can't. I won't talk more about this because uchronies aren't pertinent and relevant.

Actually, I see a lot of parallels between a murderer and a soldier with PTSD. There are people with PTSD who can be rehabilitated and people who can't, but you don't have the authority to determine that

I didn't say I could, psychologist and scientist can. Let's take a random soldier, who've had an "education" I mentioned earlier and a random murderer who hadn't; the soldier is way more likely to be rehabilitiated. Also I see a difference between killing in the context of a normal and fair war (if wars can be considered as "normal" and "fair"), to defend your family and your country, and kiling in cold blood someone you don't like or someone you want to steal his money.

And I am far more sympathetic to some people who murder out of desperation, mental illness, a history of child abuse, ect. than I am to many soldiers.

Extreme case like nazis aside, I don't agree. As much as I hate war and find army and soldiers stupid, I can't agree. Yes, there are soldiers who are true murderers and total jerks, but if you take a "normal" soldier who fights for what I explained above, and someone who kills out of desperation or mental illness, I find the soldier more legitimate. Someone mentally ill is socially incompatible, that's a fact. Or do you imply that a Jeffrey Dahmer or an Albert Fish are socially compatible ? I bet you don't. Those two were mentally sick though.

Also, punishment doesn't only affect the person being punished, but their families and communities. All of which contributes to creating more murderers, not less.

I agree with you on this point. But if the reason of the punishment is to avoid the person to harm the society more, it is legitimate and has to be done, as much as it affects the family of the criminal. And if the persons forming the family have had the education I mentioned, they're unlikely to murder, as sad as they are.

I don't say that all murderers can't be rehabilited, but a majority can not. I'd rather not take risks and remove murderers, pedophiles and such than releasing them and waiting for a majority of them to commit more crimes. It is definitely harsh, but that's how I think.

I will end this big post on a less pertinent note; imagine your whole family, your girl/boy friend, your children killed by a criminal who had been "rehabilitied" and judged mentally healthy and fully compatible with society. Would you still think the same way ?
I know it's an imaginary example, but in the case of my example, it wouldn't have happened if the murderer had been executed / sentenced to forced labour. That's what I mean by "not taking risks".

last edited at Sep 25, 2016 1:21PM

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

Bit of an info dump right at the start, you'll want to spread things out a fair bit when you get to the second draft stage.

Hard to really comment on an excerpt of a first draft in progress, really. By definition it's something that'll get changed as you get further into the process. The whole idea of a first draft is getting the idea on paper (real or virtual), in essence telling the story to yourself. And it's going to be terrible! But that's what first drafts usually are, which is why you do second, third, fourth and so on drafts to turn this lump of clay you just tossed down into something beautiful.

By the way, is "salaryman" a term commonly used around where you are, or is it imported from anime?

Thank you for your input and your honesty, though I hope my first draft isn't that terrible :P

My drafts usually start with info dumps and a lengthy paragraph. My thoughts sometimes come and go super fast and I have to retain them somehow before they go away. I have really good long-term memory, but my short-term kind of sucks. I'm using this first effort as an outline, like you said. The whole premise came in a caffeine-induced lucid dream I had a few nights ago, so I had to type it up really fast. But I totally agree, and I'll think where to place those tidbits as the story progresses. I've had a bit of a rough time transitioning into narrative. For years. I was strictly a poet, and a self-taught one at that. I wrote more artistic, flowery, flowing, and rhythmic pieces. When I first started writing stories, I got way too caught up in the syntax and detail, so I tended to overanalyze and over-edit, and to some extent still do. I've slowly tried to get myself out of that habit. Another issue I've encountered is trying to write something close to actual conversation. Repetition of words became the bane of my existence early on and for no good particular reason. Another difference between poetry and story-writing is the way things have to sound. I've always tried to be creative with vocabulary. While that works for poetry, it kind of doesn't for a novelette. What might be viewed as pretty, clever, or thought-provoking in poetry might be stilted, pretentious, and douchey. Anywho, where I live, salaryman is a term. It's a bit of a dated one, so I'll probably change it to a modern equivalent. I have this whole ethos and background for the characters and I have a good feeling what I want the story to be about, but I'm having a hard time finding a way to translate it into a plot. I feel, however, that's when I tend to strive. My last story, I knew how I wanted to write it, but I didn't know how I would make a story about it. I had this character I really liked to write, but I had nowhere to take her or anything to do with her. When I know the whole outline but need to flesh it out, that's when work gets done for me. Usually, I get something in my morning showers, or when I'm laying in bed before I sleep. For this endeavor, only time will really tell. Either way, I'll keep you guys up to date when I have something new.

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 10:10PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Thank you for your input and your honesty, though I hope my first draft is that terrible :P

On the contrary, you should hope that it is!

See, the whole idea of a first draft is to get it out of your head and onto the paper in all its half-formed, first thing that popped into your mind glory. It's raw dough, unformed clay, rough stone. It's your raw material, It's not supposed to look like a finished product.

There's a saying I heard in animation school, and it applies just as well here: "Never accept your first drawing. Nor your second, or even your third." What that means is the first thing you think of is almost 100% not going to be your best idea. But getting that on paper and having a look at it once your first draft's done, gives your brain the opportunity to think of other alternatives and better approaches that might not have occurred to you at first. So then you rework it, incorporate new stuff, take stuff out because it doesn't work, change the order of things, whatever it is you do. Because now that you've got it on "paper", you have the opportunity to think about it more clearly.

As to info dumps, that's absolutely fine on a first draft. Just be aware that it may not be a good opener in the final product. But again, this isn't the stage to deal with that.

As to overanalyzing and over-editing, a good approach is not to rewrite anything until the whole first draft is done. And do it as quick as you can manage. Get everything down while it's fresh in your mind as possible, even if it looks an absolute fright to read. It doesn't matter, you're the only intended audience and you'll forgive yourself.

Repetition of words, ignore that until your final draft(s), or at least the last one before you get someone to critique it because they'll probably point them out anyway. I try not to get too flowery, since it ends up largely being space filler to pad my word count. Which is fine if you're doing NaNoWriMo, fair game and all that, but if you're doing a story you want to show other people it ends up having to be removed for clarity anyway. Which is what Stephen King is talking about when he says "kill your darlings".

Good luck on your continued work!

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@ Rina

… do I sense a little frustration here...? ;)
I would really love to discuss this anime with you but unfortunately I'm soooo not up-to-date with anything... T_T
That's also why I couldn't think of anything to reply to your last post.
Most recent anime I watched was One Punch Man... and it wasn't even yuri...
But it always sucks when producers force a story to go in a certain direction even though it doesn't make any sense... you see that a lot.

Oh it wasn't an anime, it's a live-action J-Drama lol. But yeah, it's rather irritating that the story ended that way, but for what it's worth I would still recommend it.

I've not had a "subject" for a while now lol, but I did enjoy learning about film reflection, was one of my selective modules. I'm also oddly interested in learning about human psychology.

When I was in high school, my classmates went into an argument, "If you were seeing a near-death murderer, would you save him?" some said Yes, while some gave a big No. I was in the "yes" group. The other side asked "What do you think/feel if he kills another person in the future?"

Some other aspects aside, I would save that person tbh, surely even murderers have reasons for murdering others, just a string of consequences from some traumatic event/action as I mentioned before.

And eh, there're chances that they'll murder someone again, but there's also the chance that me saving them can off-set the previous action and set them on a better path. Personally I'd be more interested in seeing what path will their life take from then on because they're already an anomaly among others, I see more value in things like that than ppl living mundane lives their whole life-time.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

@Alvis

Sometimes I wonder if I should go to grad school or just join the workforce when I'm done.

so the real question is what do you want to do? do you think you'll get more out of going to grad school or more out of working? are you capable of doing both? while you have time, weigh all your options.

math and computer science. now that i've gotten older, i think i just wanna open and run a food truck. kinda funny how what i think i wanna be when i grow up has absolutely nothing to do with what i spent years in school studying...

IMHO i'd say it depends. here in the US we've resigned ourselves to treat prisons and punishment as a panacea. have a drug problem? we give them 7-15 years. murder? with a good lawyer, deferred ajudication. public defender? kiss your ass goodbye. mental issues? it's a revolving door between prison and homelessness.

but the question always remains what do you do with the worst of the worst? those with mental issues, like paranoid schizophrenia, might do well in an institution, and it might even be easy to get citizens to accept and help pay for institutions that can treat those types. for drug dealers and for that matter users, it gets harder because people have a natural tendency to look down on them and blame them for their own issues. nevermind systemic unemployment or other lack of opportunities (mind you i'm commenting about the US). child molesters and rapist? again, the situation gets more muddied. i suspect the first inclination many people have is to castrate them or worse, and i can imagine that some, especially those involved would vote for worse options. finally, what do you do about repeat murderers? those who aren't criminally insane, but constantly resort to killing as an answer.they already see life as expendable. do you lock them away for life? do you make an example out of them?

I'm giving you my own personal opinion, so i suspect that for many of us, will have to agree to disagree. Ok, that all said... i too, like Suosiki, am not completely opposed to punitive justice. my only problem, and again i am only speaking about here in the US, is that too many people (especially in my state) are mistakenly put to death because they received lousy legal representation. basically, if you have money, you can literally get away with murder. however, if you're poor, you'll spend 5-20 years on death row then they either fry you or poison you to death.

so i too would like to see more support for those with drug issues or mental problems. absolutely. since i believe in second chances, i see value in really rehabilitating people (i.e. teaching them life skills) even for individuals who may have killed another person (but it depends on the situation). but the serious type (i.e. serial killers, mass murderers, repeat killers)? i disagree. IMO they have already fucked up more than once. if they constantly discard life, i think they have forfeited their lives as well. life in prison is too much a luxury for them and no amount ofrehabilitation can begin to heal the wounds created. but again, that is JMHO.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Thank god I got here and 5+pages haven't flown by.

Awesome responses everyone! It's so interesting to see what people's favorite subjects are.

I most relate to @Utopia My favorite in high school was Literature/psych/philosophy. I loved that trifecta. Honestly, the only reason I'm pursuing physics to learn the really interesting advanced things about science that read like literature of philosophy. These ideals won't pay my bills probably ever though ;__;

GALICH HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT? I love German! (Though I'm rustier than a nail)

To everyone that said they loved history, please tell me why. Biology and History have always been my worst subjects because the beginning of those courses required a lot of memorization.

@ciega I have no idea what I want to do honestly. I thought I wanted to go to grad school until I visited one for physics...their eyes were dead and I couldn't..feel their passion and sense of wonder? Maybe I'm too idealistic and naive. Now I'm considering just selling out and getting an engineering job. Or dropping physics all together and get a doctorate in music theory. Someone please hold my hand through life. I love the idea of teaching college students. Maybe that would suit my ideals more than research if I do go the grad school route...

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Alvis A very good friend of mine is currently working on her doctorate in astrophysics - she's always been into physics...but eventually she became disillusioned by the same dry faces.. she is a more energetic one. She is thinking of following her passion after graduation - becoming a yoga instructor, or at least combining both at some point.

Hmm, I don't know if dropping physics is a good idea, but I do support people who follow their heart! How could that be wrong? And you will help people bring more beauty to the world , viola-master-sama^^

last edited at Aug 29, 2016 1:14AM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

@ciega I have no idea what I want to do honestly. I thought I wanted to go to grad school until I visited one for physics...their eyes were dead and I couldn't..feel their passion and sense of wonder? Maybe I'm too idealistic and naive. Now I'm considering just selling out and getting an engineering job. Or dropping physics all together and get a doctorate in music theory. Someone please hold my hand through life. I love the idea of teaching college students. Maybe that would suit my ideals more than research if I do go the grad school route...

Alvis - music theory huh? well that would be a complete 180°. btw, do you/did you play an instrument? if so, what?

@everyone - actually, do any of you play an instrument/sing or were you band/choir nerds?

for example, i was a total band nerd. played 4 instruments, sucked horribly at one of the instruments i played. i've always loved guitar and would love to learn how to play it.

last edited at Aug 29, 2016 1:44AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Utoptia
I think it's still a life. And I really don't think I'm the person who can decide on his punishment.
Also, I think me letting him die and him receiving a punishment such as imprisonment, life imprisonment and full-time hard labor, or execution, etc, are totally different. Punishing murderers by law can show a correct path for them to follow in order for them to redeem themselves, and it also can show other people to not follow their old paths. Me letting him die would be just me myself dealing with the situation. Like Galich said, letting someone die can be a very traumatic experience, especially when you know that you can save them, I believe.

@Anon99
No idea. He might be a serial killer, willful murder, or very-kindhearted murderer. :D

I agree with this, "A man walks into a room with a loaded rifle and kills everyone there. If he does this in America he's a murderer, if he does it in Afghanistan he's an American hero. Murder might be in the eye of the observer."

@Alvis
In high school, it was Maths. I really really liked Probability. In uni, ... um .......... none. :D

I love the idea of teaching college students. Maybe that would suit my ideals more than research if I do go the grad school route...

I'm planning on walking that route too. I know it's gonna be quite tiring and annoying. I asked some lecturers who're my seniors, all of them told me that they had had fun teaching students, but just for a few years. They told me now they loved breaks perhaps more than students did. :D Still, I want to be there. I don't know, but I think changing your decision midway through your goal is a bad influence for yourself. I try to never change my decision unless I'm pretty sure that my another decision is really the best one.

@Blackkitty
Yeah, it's hard, and whatever your answer is, you may somehow sound bad as well. :D

last edited at Aug 29, 2016 3:05AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

this pc is bad for my gaming, ti runs so well I can't leave speed five and I keep losing wars because of it xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.