Forum › New Yuri Game Release: Flowers -Le volume sur printemps-

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

The Flowers series is developed by Innocent Grey, the studio behind Kara no Shoujo. It's an beautifully crafted story that will pull on your heart as you help Suoh on her journey. The game's visual novel format has seven different endings along a branching storyline mixed with mystery and yuri romance, presented with stunning artwork and engrossing soundtrack. Flowers -Le volume sur printemps- is the first installment of this series, set appropriately in Spring.

In the middle of a forest isolated from the rest of the world lies Saint Angraecum Academy, an all-girls school. This is where Suoh Shirahane, a painfully shy girl who will begin her first year of high school at the boarding school, Saint Angraecum Academy. This all-girls private school is isolated from the rest of the world, allowing the girls who attend the space and freedom to develop into young ladies under the guidance of their teachers. Follow her as she navigates new friendships and attempts to unravel the many mysteries at the academy, including occult rituals and the mysterious disappearance of fellow students, all while trying to pass her classes. Suoh must learn to overcome her anxieties as she navigates new friendships. These bonds of friendship grow even stronger within the academy's special Amitié program, and Suoh's heart will open for the first time. But, is it okay to like a girl? Within the halls of Saint Angraecum Academy, spring warms into summer, as does Suoh's friendships until they too blossom into something much more.

After being delayed due to problems with the original release quality, the full release of Flowers -Le volume sur printemps- is here. You can watch the trailer for the game in the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHZEOKtjzXA

Two versions are available for purchase, a digital release that can be bought on Steam or JAST USA, and a special package limited edition release purchasable on J-List. Further details on the game itself and the packages can be found on the games website.

http://flowersgame.com/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/452440 / https://www.jastusa.com/flowers-spring.html / https://jlist.com/jast010

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The trailer looks really nice :) Off to check it out..

Thanks for the heads up!

last edited at Aug 17, 2016 7:04PM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Reported for risky imagery

Have a nice ban

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I might have to look into getting this. Kara no Shoujo is one of my favorite VNs despite the fact its atmosphere really made the sex scenes feel completely out of place.

joined Jun 7, 2012

How's the translation quality now that they've had time to fix it up?

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I hope those 7 different endings aren't 7 different ships because then dear sir we have a problem

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Not sure about this. The setting of the isolated all girls school in the middle of nowhere does not seem very appealing to me. It makes it as if the idea of an homosexual relationship is pretty much forced on the cast due to lack of alternatives, and is bound to last just as much as their stay in that enclosed environment. It kind of bothers me when the entre thing is portrayed as just a phase.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Rilkar posted:

The translation itself seems fine. There's some typos though. Specifically with words ending in 's which for some weird reason seem to consistently have the apostrophe replaced with an F.

blopa posted:

Not sure about this. The setting of the isolated all girls school in the middle of nowhere does not seem very appealing to me. It makes it as if the idea of an homosexual relationship is pretty much forced on the cast due to lack of alternatives, and is bound to last just as much as their stay in that enclosed environment. It kind of bothers me when the entre thing is portrayed as just a phase.

I'm not far enough into it to say anything about the romance side of things for certain but it seems pretty clear that the main character is quite gay and just happens to not be very conscious of that fact due to the fact she's rather socially awkward and tends to go through a great deal of anxiety even talking to the people she's most comfortable talking to. Can't speak for anyone else yet though since I'm only part way through chapter 2 currently and romance isn't even really a consideration just yet.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

/desperately wants game/

joined Apr 26, 2016

Poor with one place in particular you will make a mistake cause it says largest number of Christians instead of Catholics

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

There are plenty of all girl school yuri romance settings in manga and anime and I can't say I've noticed it seemed forced - strawberry panic, Msgm, Hanjuku Joshi, Aoi Hana, kindred spirits on the roof, etc. Just because there are no guys doesn't make it fake - ofcourse sometimes it used to be portrayed that way - more back in the day than now.

When it's a game / manga etc written for yuri fans you'd have to be an idiot to write it as just a phase these days - you'd just piss off your readers - so as long as the writing and characters are half decent the romances will feel real and sincere - and have every chance of lasting as long as any het high school romance.

Ofcourse I don't know till I've played it that THIS game is well written with believable characters - but that's a separate issue to its setting.

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 5:50AM

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

I find the lack of male characters to be a huge plus (generally in manga/anime/games - I don't own this game yet).

If there are side characters that are male (say, the protagonist has a little brother, or the best friend is in a relationship with a boy), the author will be tempted to create few side story chapters centered around them. I find that to be annoying filler.

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 8:59AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Has anyone here who played the original Japanese version be willing to answer a question about chapter 3?

Near the end you're required to answer two questions. The first is asking where the most Christians are. The correct answer is apparently Italy while the conversation earlier in the chapter states America, referring to the US. When speaking strictly about Christians of any sort this seems to be valid since Americans are mostly Protestant which is still a form of Christianity. When speaking about Catholics in particular though then Italy probably would actually be the correct answer, what with the Vatican being in Italy and being the head of the Catholic Church. The second question is to name the taboo number. Somehow the answer to this is 17 despite during that earlier conversation 13 being specifically mentioned plus 13 being relevant during this bit as well. And having looked around I don't really seem to be able to even find anything on the number 17 being considered taboo anywhere to begin with. Edit: So after listening to Suoh's explanation it seems 17 actually is considered unlucky in Italy, though my searching didn't seem to uncover that and on top of that asking for the country with the most Christians rather than Catholics. And when searching for unlucky numbers in Italy rather than taboo ones as the story talks about I do get results mentioning 17. But the game specifically talks about taboo numbers so it's an easy mistake to make.

So is this an issue with the translation itself or is there really just something I'm missing here? I ended up having to look it up because I just wasn't getting it.

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 8:17AM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

YES!!! Finally! I've been begging Innocent Grey since the first one, next payday, I shall enjoy me some yuri! <3

79769fb62fb8crop
joined Dec 7, 2014

I hope those 7 different endings aren't 7 different ships because then dear sir we have a problem

Just got all the endings/CGs for the game. I feel like the 7 different endings statement is kinda misleading. 5 of those 7 endings are just "Gameover/Bad endings" because you messed up on your choices during the mystery portion of the game. You should be able to get all the bad endings anyways, because the mystery portion of the game is hard as nails. I'll be impressed if anyone can actually solve all the mysteries and reach the same conclusion as Suoh.

Overall, although I like the game, it's difficult to describe how I feel about it in the end. It was rather abrupt, but I suppose it was intentional. I'm really looking forward to the Autumn chapter though. I quite like Yuzuriha.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Yuri? Cute girls? A 4 part series? Mystery? Sign me up.

/grudgingly opens bootcamp for this game

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

plus the art's pretty damn good too

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ MY COMMENT IF HAVEN'T PLAYED! I REPEAT DO NOT READ MY COMMENT IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED.!

I am on chapter 5 and I can't figure out the 3 question. I usually dont do this but I am throwing the flag in ...
. I admit defeat D:

Question: what kind of case is this
- she vanished and is hiding
-it's a kidnapping by someone
-its a disappearance linked to the seven mysteries

Question: something wasn't right about the room just after ichigo Sasaki disappeared. That was....
-the soda water she'd been drinking before
-ringo attitude
-the copy of Night on the Galactic Railroad lent to Ringo
-Why she disappeared in the early morning

Question 3: And another thing that was off in the Sasakis' room, before we went to the bath...
-The mistaken date of manufactor
-The so day water she gave us
-the unread copy of Night of the Galactic Railroad
-The closed curtains, even though it isn't cold out.

Please help!

last edited at Aug 21, 2016 11:51AM by drpepperfan

79769fb62fb8crop
joined Dec 7, 2014

SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ MY COMMENT IF HAVEN'T PLAYED! I REPEAT DO NOT READ MY COMMENT IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED.!

I am on chapter 5 and I can't figure out the 3 question. I usually dont do this but I am throwing the flag in ...
. I admit defeat D:

Question: something wasn't right about the room just after ichigo Sasaki disappeared. That was....
-ringo attitude

Question 3: And another thing that was off in the Sasakis' room, before we went to the bath...

Please help!

She vanished and is hiding
The soda water she'd been drinking before
The closed curtains, even though it isn't cold out.

I had difficulty with that one too lol.

joined Aug 22, 2016

. I admit defeat D:

-ringo attitude

Please help!

For Chapter 7 in case someone asking

Yatsushiro-senpai had an incident
In the greenhouse
Sakura is code for different words
The bag

Has anyone here who played the original Japanese version be willing to answer a question about chapter 3?

Near the end you're required to answer two questions. The first is asking where the most Christians are. The correct answer is apparently Italy while the conversation earlier in the chapter states America, referring to the US. When speaking strictly about Christians of any sort this seems to be valid since Americans are mostly Protestant which is still a form of Christianity. When speaking about Catholics in particular though then Italy probably would actually be the correct answer, what with the Vatican being in Italy and being the head of the Catholic Church. The second question is to name the taboo number. Somehow the answer to this is 17 despite during that earlier conversation 13 being specifically mentioned plus 13 being relevant during this bit as well. And having looked around I don't really seem to be able to even find anything on the number 17 being considered taboo anywhere to begin with. Edit: So after listening to Suoh's explanation it seems 17 actually is considered unlucky in Italy, though my searching didn't seem to uncover that and on top of that asking for the country with the most Christians rather than Catholics. And when searching for unlucky numbers in Italy rather than taboo ones as the story talks about I do get results mentioning 17. But the game specifically talks about taboo numbers so it's an easy mistake to make.

So is this an issue with the translation itself or is there really just something I'm missing here? I ended up having to look it up because I just wasn't getting it.

It's not an issue of translation, the original game also stated like that.
The conversations earlier stated that you must look into taboo numbers and where Neri is from (it is hinted that she's from 'a country with most Christians' which points to Italy rather than American (I think Yuzuriha kind of said 'Neri is not from America', typical Innogrey games, must I say.

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 3:10AM

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

OMG guys,
how do you solve the mystery involving the wheelchair girls name
I progressed through the game and I haven't found a single clue??
How am i supposed to know? Do I begin from the beginning again?

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

OMG guys,
how do you solve the mystery involving the wheelchair girls name
I progressed through the game and I haven't found a single clue??
How am i supposed to know? Do I begin from the beginning again?

I was so curious so I just guessed.
Anyway, how the hell am I supposed to know about the names and flowers? Hahahahahahha

Man, Suoh is so smart....

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 3:09PM

joined Apr 19, 2016

erika is the only japanese name

Nao%20smug%20face
joined Feb 1, 2016

My heart destroyed after clearing this VN. :'(
I'm gonna curse JAST if they're not gonna translate the rest of the series.

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

erika is the only japanese name

I thought it would be Catherine, because of Wuthering Heights

I just finished the game, I got the bad ending...

basically, mayuri said she'd talk to suoh after the hymn performance but she didn't show up

Like all other VN players had said, stick to one girl first.

To reply you must either login or sign up.