Forum › New Yuri Game Release: Flowers -Le volume sur printemps-

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

erika is the only japanese name

I thought it would be Catherine, because of Wuthering Heights

I just finished the game, I got the bad ending...

basically, mayuri said she'd talk to suoh after the hymn performance but she didn't show up

Like all other VN players had said, stick to one girl first.

So you basically get stood up in the bad endings? Or is there a more sinister note as to why she didn't show up...?

last edited at Aug 24, 2016 10:53AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I just beat Mayuri's route with the actual proper ending. I'm a bit disappointed really. There's no actual resolution. Mayuri just leaves the academy with no real warning and doesn't even tell Suoh and despite Suoh being sad she makes some bullshit wish that Mayuri forget her? Like what the hell was that? Though I suppose if I take into account how Kara no Shoujo ends even in the best ending, expecting a happy ending with solid resolution was probably dumb. (The fact that this is so much more light-hearted than KnS made me think that it wasn't going to end in a depressing way even in the best endings.) Though the game would have been just fine with a conclusive happy ending...

It does make me rather curious about the other games in the series though. It didn't really feel like it left a huge opening for a continuation.

joined Apr 19, 2016

I just beat Mayuri's route with the actual proper ending. I'm a bit disappointed really. There's no actual resolution. Mayuri just leaves the academy with no real warning and doesn't even tell Suoh and despite Suoh being sad she makes some bullshit wish that Mayuri forget her? Like what the hell was that? Though I suppose if I take into account how Kara no Shoujo ends even in the best ending, expecting a happy ending with solid resolution was probably dumb. (The fact that this is so much more light-hearted than KnS made me think that it wasn't going to end in a depressing way even in the best endings.) Though the game would have been just fine with a conclusive happy ending...

It does make me rather curious about the other games in the series though. It didn't really feel like it left a huge opening for a continuation.

this game has four volume. I believe it will explain later in other game. The first game is the weakest in this series.

p/s: sr for my poor english

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

hoatuy posted:

this game has four volume. I believe it will explain later in other game. The first game is the weakest in this series.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm really curious how they're going to work though. Despite the ending feeling seriously inconclusive it also didn't feel like it could really continue either, at least not the way they're formatting the series. And the fact there's two separate routes seems like something that might be a bit difficult for them to account for.

As for it being the weakest game, I can't really disagree or agree with that since I've only played the first one. Other than the ending though I thought the game was perfectly fine. (If they'd just cut off like half way-ish through the ending it'd have felt a lot more conclusive and fitting to me.)

joined Mar 25, 2013

As for it being the weakest game, I can't really disagree or agree with that since I've only played the first one. Other than the ending though I thought the game was perfectly fine. (If they'd just cut off like half way-ish through the ending it'd have felt a lot more conclusive and fitting to me.)

I think the different games have different protagonists, except the last one where I think they're the same as the first game so that they can 'finish' it cause I think the fourth is the last one in the series.

So even if it looks like there's no way to continue, the new girls will do something eventually that leads back to the first 'couple'. So if you're patient you'll get your resolution in 10-20 years, because JAST™.

joined Apr 19, 2016

hoatuy posted:

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm really curious how they're going to work though. Despite the ending feeling seriously inconclusive it also didn't feel like it could really continue either, at least not the way they're formatting the series. And the fact there's two separate routes seems like something that might be a bit difficult for them to account for.

Mayuri end is true end. The other game has souh path too

spoiler: http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n605/hoatuy/ev30a.jpg( dont click it, man)

That is not what are you thinking, i am just kidding

last edited at Aug 24, 2016 12:36PM

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

MAJOR tip guys, do Mayuri's route first. Because if you do Rikka's route first then you automatically get a bad end

I tried Rikka's route. The first puzzle is much easier when doing Rikka's route. You also get to interact lots with the other senpai, I wish there was a senpai route too, and a Yaegeki route. I don't even know who my best girl is...

Also, if you guys don't know yet, when you choose a choice, the flower on the right of the screen flashes green or orange, if it's green then you get points for Mayuri, if orange you get points for Rikka. The flower blooms if you're doing Mayuri's route, it buds when doing Rikka's.

Edit: Just finished Mayuri's route wtf is up with that ending?? omg my heart can't take this

Edit2: Finished Rikka's route seriously what is up with that? it's so unsatisfying and they didn't even kiss, it is way much shorter than Mayuri's ending

I agree that Mayuri's route is canon route.
This game is good, definitely in the top five of my short list of yuri VNs, with the top being Nurse Addiction, this is second, and third is the Little Lily Princess. I'm hoping they translate the sequels.

last edited at Aug 24, 2016 3:35PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Never got around to playing this game (even without translations) despite going through the second game first (I was shamelessly enticed by Chidori's character design and seiyuu), but with Aki-hen having been recently released, I figured now was a good time as ever to pick up this game.

When I started playing the second game, I already knew about Mayuri's disappearance, despite not having played the first game. Therefore, when I picked this game up, I felt like I already knew what to expect... but it was surprisingly more heart wrenching than I thought. Despite hating Mayuri's seiyuu in the beginning, I slowly grew to like her. Now she has become my favorite character along with Chidori.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed this game. So many things about this game make it easily one of my favorites, such as the writing style, references to literature, beautifully composed soundtrack, aesthetically appealing artwork, incredibly detailed characters and finally, I really love how everything was woven together so well. Although the mysteries were tacky in that they would typically play out in the same way every time, I thought it made the game all the more interesting (and especially since Innocent Grey seems to have a knack for incorporating mystery-genre elements into their games).

What I liked the most about the game was definitely the character development of Shirahane Suou. I found her character especially relatable, since I was practically the same as her when it came to social situations. It really impressed me how subtle her changes took place throughout the game. Little by little, the cowardly, ever-so-paranoid and always self-doubting Shirahane Suou took a couple steps closer towards something she originally thought was unattainable for her and closed the gap that separated her from her much-admired Amitié, Kousaka Mayuri. Although I started the game completely uninterested in the main character that reminded me much of myself, I finished it feeling nothing but compassion for Suou. I'm glad that the game revolved around her - a girl who deserves nothing but happiness and friendship.

As for the character of Kousaka Mayuri... I didn't have the best first impression about her, but I thought it was super interesting how relaxed and calm I felt towards her character. Like Suou, I quickly came to recognize the things she admired within Mayuri. She was sociable, humorous, honest, straightforward with her thoughts and highly respectable. On the outside, she seemed like the perfect girl who was easy to get along with, much like the protagonists that Suou admires from her books. But it took me halfway into the game to realize that even someone as unreachable as her was still, at the end of the day, just an ordinary schoolgirl. In my opinion, her character was beautifully written. Strong, but gentle and reliable, you could depend on a loyal friend like her for any occasion. However, she is not without fault, and it really shows in the later parts of the novel. As a random note, how she acted towards Suou after realizing her feelings for her was super adorable... and Rikka even noticed it immediately.

Overall, to me, the game was very enjoyable. Suou, Mayuri and Rikka were very interesting characters and very much so worth learning about. Given that the whole game was basically about Suou and how her surroundings have influenced her, I definitely love how it was played out. There were very few things that left a sour taste in my mouth, (one of these things being Mayuri's sudden disappearance... oh and I felt like I was sucker-punched right in the gut by Innocent Grey when I saw the ai ai gasa and expected what was to come) so I'm very pleased with the game.

It's time for me to replay the second game and then move onto the third. I'm super hyped for the final game in the series, but since 2017 is still so far away, it seems I will have to rely on these three games to keep me busy for a while.

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

Never got around to playing this game (even without translations) despite going through the second game first (I was shamelessly enticed by Chidori's character design and seiyuu), but with Aki-hen having been recently released, I figured now was a good time as ever to pick up this game.

When I started playing the second game, I already knew about Mayuri's disappearance, despite not having played the first game. Therefore, when I picked this game up, I felt like I already knew what to expect... but it was surprisingly more heart wrenching than I thought. Despite hating Mayuri's seiyuu in the beginning, I slowly grew to like her. Now she has become my favorite character along with Chidori.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed this game. So many things about this game make it easily one of my favorites, such as the writing style, references to literature, beautifully composed soundtrack, aesthetically appealing artwork, incredibly detailed characters and finally, I really love how everything was woven together so well. Although the mysteries were tacky in that they would typically play out in the same way every time, I thought it made the game all the more interesting (and especially since Innocent Grey seems to have a knack for incorporating mystery-genre elements into their games).

What I liked the most about the game was definitely the character development of Shirahane Suou. I found her character especially relatable, since I was practically the same as her when it came to social situations. It really impressed me how subtle her changes took place throughout the game. Little by little, the cowardly, ever-so-paranoid and always self-doubting Shirahane Suou took a couple steps closer towards something she originally thought was unattainable for her and closed the gap that separated her from her much-admired Amitié, Kousaka Mayuri. Although I started the game completely uninterested in the main character that reminded me much of myself, I finished it feeling nothing but compassion for Suou. I'm glad that the game revolved around her - a girl who deserves nothing but happiness and friendship.

As for the character of Kousaka Mayuri... I didn't have the best first impression about her, but I thought it was super interesting how relaxed and calm I felt towards her character. Like Suou, I quickly came to recognize the things she admired within Mayuri. She was sociable, humorous, honest, straightforward with her thoughts and highly respectable. On the outside, she seemed like the perfect girl who was easy to get along with, much like the protagonists that Suou admires from her books. But it took me halfway into the game to realize that even someone as unreachable as her was still, at the end of the day, just an ordinary schoolgirl. In my opinion, her character was beautifully written. Strong, but gentle and reliable, you could depend on a loyal friend like her for any occasion. However, she is not without fault, and it really shows in the later parts of the novel. As a random note, how she acted towards Suou after realizing her feelings for her was super adorable... and Rikka even noticed it immediately.

Overall, to me, the game was very enjoyable. Suou, Mayuri and Rikka were very interesting characters and very much so worth learning about. Given that the whole game was basically about Suou and how her surroundings have influenced her, I definitely love how it was played out. There were very few things that left a sour taste in my mouth, (one of these things being Mayuri's sudden disappearance... oh and I felt like I was sucker-punched right in the gut by Innocent Grey when I saw the ai ai gasa and expected what was to come) so I'm very pleased with the game.

It's time for me to replay the second game and then move onto the third. I'm super hyped for the final game in the series, but since 2017 is still so far away, it seems I will have to rely on these three games to keep me busy for a while.

Hey, where can I buy the sequels? I assume that you know how to read Japanese cause I heard there aren't any translations available.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Hey, where can I buy the sequels? I assume that you know how to read Japanese cause I heard there aren't any translations available.

I usually buy my games off of Amazon.co.jp, although the shipping rates are a nightmare considering I live in Canada. I think the second game is well worth the purchase though. Erika's sharp tongue and Chidori's serious, yet socially inept nature go hand-in-hand with each other. Although the first game was mostly focused on Suou and how she is influenced by her surroundings, the second game primarily focuses on the relationship between Erika and Chidori and how they ease into the roles of being Ametiés.

The second game is a lot more laidback and gives off quite a different feeling from the first, but I personally don't think that's a bad thing... and more Erika never hurts.

joined Mar 11, 2016

I have finished Mayuri's route and I must say this is a wonderful visual novel. I am liking it more than Kindred Spirit and Nurse love addiction tbh. I found it very satisfying in all respects (music, art, character development, relationship building, conflict resolution with just the right amount of drama ). Tho Mayuri leaving in the end is a letdown but I think (and hope) it will (may) be resolved in its coming? sequels. will they be translated? please tell me that is the case.

I so want this to get an anime. Yaegaki, Shirahane and Yuzuriha are the best girls for me.

joined Jun 12, 2015

http://flowersgame.com/index.html

English version of Flowers -Le Volume sur Ete- coming soon?

joined Mar 11, 2016

http://flowersgame.com/index.html

English version of Flowers -Le Volume sur Ete- coming soon?

Awesome!

A thousand likes for you h3x. :D

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

having a macbook really sucks right now.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I finally got the game!! Yay!
I got stuck in the first puzzle! D'oh!

So far is really really nice. And I can relate a lot with the protagonist. Which is kinda sad when you think about it.
And I'm liking Rikka much more than Mayuri.

Xxx
joined Nov 25, 2016

I have no idea where should I post this, err, anyway.
I created a wiki for this game, if anyone wants to contribute (http://flowersgame.wikia.com/wiki/FLOWERS_Wiki), especially those who have played the second and third game, please add spoilers (laughs). It contains walkthrough as well. I want to spread love for this amazing game.
I like this game more than Kindred Spirits on the Roof and Nurse Love Addiction, especially because the lovely characters, gorgeous artworks, and mystery. Pretty nice music as well.
Thank you!
Let's wait for the second English game now.

last edited at Dec 24, 2016 11:22PM

Rsz_17544039_p0
joined Jul 19, 2014

Just finished the game and
SPOILERS
I really like this VN, but I have a few gripes about it. Namely, about the whole "love triangle" here. It's very messy and I hate how Suoh never spoke to anyone (esp with Mayuri) about Rikka blackmailing her. Or standing up to Rikka saying how fucked up it was. And while we're on the subject of Rikka, she's also the reason why the school found out about Suoh and Mayuri's relationship. Frankly, it's very selfish and shows how vindictive she is. The two of them didn't want the relationship to be revealed, and especially Mayuri, who didn't want her sexuality to be known but had entrusted her secret to her two closest friends. And Rikka exposes it without her consent, just like that. That's betrayal of trust right there.

Rikka irks me so much that I completely refuse to do her route. As I progress through the game, her personality repulses me tbh. The other thing is Mayuri. She switches from being heartbroken, then in love with Rikka, then Suoh in a matter of weeks. Wut? It's hard to take her seriously.

To reply you must either login or sign up.