Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Is it just me, or the beginning of the one-shot, feel like it was just a time-skip from actual series?

Shio grew up a bit. Their relationship progressed a bit more. And Sato was just a bit better at control her yandere (possibly due to the first half was without her monologue)

Totally could be canon, with Kiiya was just one of her ex

She seemed more like the generic Yandere type in the oneshot version though while in the main series she is a new type of yandere character ;3

Still, lesbian yandere who is not some random evil henchman?. Big welcoming in my book

Especially considering how adorable Shio is, I think she ...ahem... worth to kill for.

last edited at Jul 22, 2016 2:46PM

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Is it just me, or the beginning of the one-shot, feel like it was just a time-skip from actual series?

Shio grew up a bit. Their relationship progressed a bit more. And Sato was just a bit better at control her yandere (possibly due to the first half was without her monologue)

Totally could be canon, with Kiiya was just one of her ex

She seemed more like the generic Yandere type in the oneshot version though while in the main series she is a new type of yandere character ;3

Still, lesbian yandere who is not some random evil henchman?. Big welcoming in my book

Especially considering how adorable Shio is, I think she ...ahem... worth to kill for.

True or some psycho murdering bitch that's get's away with it cause of plot.

This manga is like the deconstruction of the Yandere genre.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I don't understand what's wrong with it when some people complaint about it through? I means how can you write a story about a 'murdering psycho bitch', without having a 'psycho murdering bitch' as protagonist?

Just like you can't film Breaking Bad without starring a drug lord. House of Card without starring a corrupted politician, or Dexter without an emotionless murderer. After all it's not an education text book so there is no need for a perfect protagonist

last edited at Jul 22, 2016 3:09PM

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

I don't understand what's wrong with it when some people complaint about it through? I means how can you write a story about a 'murdering psycho bitch', without having a 'psycho murdering bitch' as protagonist?

Just like you can't film Breaking Bad without starring a drug lord. House of Card without starring a corrupted politician, or Dexter without an emotionless murderer. After all it's not an education text book so there is no need for a perfect protagonist

Yeah but take Sato for a example she is a yandere but a smart one. she doesn't get away with the things she does because plots tells her so but because she knows how to do things unlike Yandere's like Yuno that just kill without thinking the consequences that it will cause her.

ofc I like those kind of crazy girls as well but I prefer crazy smart once xD

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

GrimEater posted:

Lel
Exactly how I remember highschool. Good times
;D

Yeah, same here. I remember dismembering people who crossed me all the time. Sometimes my friends and I would even get together to help each other out. For the person who's going to try to take that seriously: Don't. Like I'd actually admit something like that if I did it, lol.

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

GrimEater posted:

Lel
;D

Yeah, same here. I remember dismembering people who crossed me all the time. Sometimes my friends and I would even get together to help each other out. For the person who's going to try to take that seriously: Don't. Like I'd actually admit something like that if I did it, lol.

Though I told you guys that killing is not a nice thing to do U_U

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

GrimEater posted:

Lel
;D

Enjoy your late-night visit from the cops. XD

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

SniperPumpkin posted:

Though I told you guys that killing is not a nice thing to do U_U

Unless you're yandere.*

In that case it's basically the nicest thing you can do, lol.

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

Chapter 7.5

HAHAHAHAHA!

This is better than the other storyline!

Bitch actually shows us proof she killed someone on an impulse of murderous intent!

I hope Kagisora Tomiyaki continues both of these versions!

joined Apr 1, 2013

Why is this manga so fucked up and yet so addicting to read! but in all honestly like should police be finding dead bodies and like DNA traces of her killing people? like if someone is missing/dead police have to investigate. Im curious to see if police will get involved in her life or a Private Investigator and how would she cope with it.. like would she go full on Yandare and kill them or run away with Shio? lol shios reaction to the blood stained rag like seriously if i saw that id be like WTF

last edited at Jul 22, 2016 10:14PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Why is this manga so fucked up and yet so addicting to read! but in all honestly like should police be finding dead bodies and like DNA traces of her killing people? like if someone is missing/dead police have to investigate. Im curious to see if police will get involved in her life or a Private Investigator and how would she cope with it.. like would she go full on Yandare and kill them or run away with Shio? lol shios reaction to the blood stained rag like seriously if i saw that id be like WTF

Well, to be fair, there are thousands of people who goes missing every year (a large portion in developed countries like Japan too) that never being founded. Many of them were found to be murdered later on by caught culprits. So who knows, maybe our Satou-chan is just a genius when it comes to cleaning up her track.

She has quite clean record too, and has no grudge against the victim = no motive, a big tool to zone in suspects. I means.. do you expect a random highschool girl to kill her ex-boyfriend just because her taken-home loli smile when she mentions his name?

last edited at Jul 23, 2016 12:09AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

seems odd that she used a small bag to dispose the body, unless that was the last one and she disposed of several bags.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

There would be a potential obstacle between Sato and Shio after reading the latest raw chapter.

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

Honestly, why does this remind me so much of Dexter? Lol
Next thing we know she'll be framing someone for her murders.

Oh wow, a manga about a serial-killer yuri couple would be so amazing to read :D
.. Yeah I'm weird

joined Jul 22, 2016

Ahaha, she scares me. But it's still so fun to read this type of thing.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Honestly, why does this remind me so much of Dexter? Lol
Next thing we know she'll be framing someone for her murders.

Oh wow, a manga about a serial-killer yuri couple would be so amazing to read :D
.. Yeah I'm weird

I second that. First few seasons of Dexter were fun. Well, as much as seeing scum being murdered is fun V:

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Chapter 7.5

HAHAHAHAHA!

This is better than the other storyline!

Bitch actually shows us proof she killed someone on an impulse of murderous intent!

I hope Kagisora Tomiyaki continues both of these versions!

Oneshots turned into series usually get the original used as the first chapter unless there are some major differences, but in this one it seems mostly like he wanted to reboot the plot. Kiiya was perfect for a oneshot, for instance, but just useless baggage in a longer storyline. Either you have her accidentally leave enough evidence that the cops become a threat or she cleaned up enough he's just an entry in the missing person database - in the latter he has no reason to exist(and so he doesn't in the serial) and the former would be a very different manga.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Will post this here.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Well, Sato maybe can't actually freely kill people because police.
that why this one shot was not-canon

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Well, Sato maybe can't actually freely kill people because police.
that why this one shot was not-canon

As only a one shot, they can afford to have a lot more 'plot holes' than if it was an actual series. They can leave a lot of questions unanswered. Sure she just dumped one or more bags of his remains into the water, but we can only assume that she gets away with it.
As a series tho, then there comes into question how exactly would she get away with it, if she were to kill (which is still ambiguous at this point). So the author can't leave the one shot canon ofc, it was written as a one shot. He can't follow up to it as a first chapter, but he can rewrite details and reuse the setting, leave out more ambiguous details and answer them in later chapters.

last edited at Jul 31, 2016 1:49AM

joined Jun 25, 2016

Its so creepy and yandere i love it

A55
joined Feb 20, 2016

I have a feeling this development doesn't bode well for Sato-chan's castle... ;_;

joined Jan 8, 2014

Holy crap...creepy-ness...
Anybody else liking the scary ^_^

joined Sep 11, 2014

With a story like this, one can't help but feel something bad's going to happen

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I have a feeling this development doesn't bode well for Sato-chan's castle... ;_;

Poor girl. I am still rooting for her!

To reply you must either login or sign up.