Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

I don't even know how to process this... I know I don't post a lot here but, not a week has gone by that I haven't thought about FF and ssamba's health. I'm completely devastated to learn she's fighting cancer and isn't doing well. :( And in her condition she still found the strength to draw two artworks of Seol-a and No-rae for her fans which is so beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Urgh, this is getting out of hand. >.< I wasn't expecting this thing would grow that much at such a pace, nor did I think it'd be so hard to find translators. I mean I'm happy so many people are joining in, but if this goes on, even in the event we'd find 4 or 5 translators, it would just be too much to ask this amount of help from them.

Okay. Changing plans. Comico is a pretty big publishing company, right? I'm pretty sure they're able to understand English. So I think it's our best shot to go with what Maepkllm suggested. And if it turns out they don't actually understand English, then Martian's idea is really good as well. I think that one is even better, actually. What do you guys think?

For now, I'll make a post over in the other thread to inform people that we're changing plans. o.o

last edited at Jun 15, 2016 6:59AM

SweetestBagOfRats
Jurixchun
joined Jun 14, 2016

Soo, we're going to send the individual messages for now, right? Then does anyone know what is their email?

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Hey, I just thought of something. How about we combine the ideas? o.o

Look, we could do what Martian suggested. Tomorrow is going to be a pretty uneventful day for me, so I'd have at least half of the day for myself. I could easily take the time to read the posts ya'll made, summarize and just create one big, gushy fluffy fan letter for Ssamba, in which I'll try to let the thoughts of everyone shine through somehow. Then, I would rely on either mint-leaf or Maepkllm to translate it and send it to Comico, who will in turn hopefully stand by their word and relay the message to Ssamba. We could also add the link for the FF-unite forum, so even in case she really doesn't understand a lot of English, she could at least see the amount of people, who care enough for her to try and send their thoughts and feelings to her. How's that sound to you? o.o

Plot Twist: Ssamba actually understands English perfectly and I've been an idiot from the start. -.- That would just be...Idk, but I know I'd feel like a moron. XD

SweetestBagOfRats

Hold your horses for now, please. ^^ I think I made a mistake when I just jumped in head first with this without really thinking it through (Goddammit Lin, where are you when I need ya? DX), so I'll just sit back for now and wait for people's input on the matter. (o.o)/

last edited at Jun 15, 2016 7:15AM

SweetestBagOfRats
Jurixchun
joined Jun 14, 2016

No problem I'll wait :P Also either way works atleast for me just fine.

last edited at Jun 15, 2016 7:19AM

joined Jun 14, 2016

@Suzuma

I think what you said would work! And maybe adding all the people's names and countries of whom had left a message at the end of the letter will be even better? Just some idea.

Thank you for bringing this all up with love and passion! I had also written a letter to Taiwan Comico, hoping to get further information about whether ssamba knows English or not. Still waiting for reply.

last edited at Jun 15, 2016 7:30AM

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

I think combining ideas sounds good. You cover all of the bases since ssamba would get a letter in her own language, while also still receiving the link to the forum so fans can continue to add their own personal messages and fan art in one place.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Link to forum for sure!!!

joined Nov 30, 2015

this is comico's address
comico, play museum,16, Daewangpangyo-ro 645beon-gil, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea

joined Aug 18, 2015

So what if they translate only the main point of the message. We then add that translated message to the original. So we send both the translation and the original message.

I second Martian's suggestion above.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

this is comico's address
comico, play museum,16, Daewangpangyo-ro 645beon-gil, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea

maybe they should create special e-mail address for ssamba fans - can someone write them this idea xD?

joined Apr 5, 2015

I decided to check Dynasty today and came to this. I'm beyond devastated hearing the news, and I'd rather with all my heart she was lazy and don't want to continue the series than... this.

I like the suggestions above. Let me know what can be done to help. As mentioned, am a writer at an ad agency, can perhaps cobble something together to make it coherent and sime enough for translation. MIGHT have a friend who can speak it, not so sure yet (I'm from Singapore btw).

What a sad midweek. I'm really sorry to hear such sad news, and many many good thoughts and prayers to Ssamba.

joined Jun 15, 2016

I like the idea to make a summary and add the main idea. I know myself is a little unconfortable to read in a hospital bed so I suggest we can make a fanart Gallery. I mean, do not worry if you can not draw very well, this is about showing support to Ssamba.

We can make an open gallery for the fans and through Comico itself try to provide the link to Ssamba.

I do not know much about hosts and web galleries, but if you guys know which page is the best option to upload and tag drawings please share (maybe with Tumblr and get a collective tag as #wearewithssamba or something like that)

Drawings do not need to be translated since this kind of art is purely visual.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I also agree with the last few posts. Do we have a deadline? I havent been able to leave my own message I barely have time this week.

I really hope we can reach ssamba ;A;

last edited at Jun 15, 2016 4:26PM

joined Feb 22, 2015

I also agree with the last few posts. Do we have a deadline? I havent been able to leave my own message I barely have time this week.

I really hope we can reach ssamba ;A;

I want to know if we have a deadline as well ;-;

I'm almost done w/ my artwork...

Changed the doll to No-rae's pear. I hope it'll make her smile.

last edited at Jun 15, 2016 5:16PM

joined Jan 22, 2015

I wasn't aware of this till I saw the tumblr post. Damn this week really sucks.

I sent a msg to Halmoni's tumblr account with a rundown of whats going on and a link to this thread.

Awaiting a reply.

Still no reply from Halmoni.

joined Mar 15, 2016

Good idea to show our support for ssamba, I also been lurking here since forever. Really sorry cant help much in the translation, i speak mandarin and english. Since we dont have many translator maybe its better if we keep the messages simple and short?

PrettyMitsuki
Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

I agree with the previous post about puting a fanart gallery since I would like to post my art together with my message but since the plan is not finalize yet I dont think everyone should worry about the deadline yet

last edited at Jun 16, 2016 3:38AM

sandwichbread
joined Oct 14, 2015

Have not been on this lovely forum for over ages... and so just found out about Ssamba through another social media... literally in shock right now.
I am soooo sad to hear this! ;(

If there is a deadline, please let us know.
I am also really busy now, but would love to say a few words as well.

last edited at Jun 16, 2016 5:59AM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

It turns out the doctors and nurses are going to keep me busy today after all, so I won't have time to write the letter. But since people brought up the matter of a deadline (which only sounds logical, seeing how I said I would summarize from the posts in the FF-unite forum o.o), I wouldn't have done it today anyway.

Okay, how bout this: deadline for posting in the thread is this week's Saturday, meaning June 18th. To consider all time zones, I'll wait with writing the letter until Sunday afternoon, so you needn't worry about that. And if this continues growing and more people come here to post their thoughts and feelings.... well, nobody said we can't write a second letter to her after some time. o.o But anway, would June 18th be enough time for those, who said they still want to post? Or do you need a few more days? I'll still be on vacation the entire next week, so waiting a bit more wouldn't be an issue, at least for me. o.o

About a separate fanart gallery: I think it'd be best if that would be done on a picture hosting site, like deviantArt or something like that. Otherwise, I did say you can post your FF fanart over in the FF-unite thread as well. o.o Put this:
! [ ] (-put pic URL here-) in your post (delete spaces) and the picture will show up. Like littleyuri did above. o.o

last edited at Jun 16, 2016 6:59AM

joined Jun 14, 2016

Recieved the reply from Taiwan Comico with the information of the company's address in Taiwan (in both Chinese and English), they said the letters sent there will be given to Ssamba. But they can't give any further information of whether Ssamba is capable of reading English or not (due to privacy policy). Some readers in Taiwan are spreading out this information via their pesonal social media accounts.

Btw, the original post of the announcement in Ssamba's pesonal blog had 0 comments beneath, so I assume maybe the post can't be replied (not sure if a registration is needed to do so).

I guess I will write a letter with some arts and the link of the thread for Ssamba to the company.

Wish Ssamba knows that all the FF fans' love and care are with her.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

But they can't give any further information of whether Ssamba is capable of reading English or not (due to privacy policy).

Sheeeeeeeez, so frustrating!

joined Jun 14, 2016

Okay, how bout this: deadline for posting in the thread is this week's Saturday, meaning June 18th. To consider all time zones, I'll wait with writing the letter until Sunday afternoon, so you needn't worry about that.

Time to bring it on! Goooooooo!

joined Jul 23, 2013

You can leave messages on Samba's blog but you need to create an account first. Also, I love the idea of putting fan arts with messages!
I'd like to suggest that we can bind these messages into book
e.g

last edited at Jun 16, 2016 10:29AM

Kungfukidsgotskillz9eight
joined Jun 17, 2016

Guys! I got a suggestion!

A sudden one maybe, because we've all just gotta stomach the news at first. But how about this: we create a forum here for Ssamba as her fans and just all post something encouraging or nice for her so we help her soldiering on. "Terminal" is a scary word and bad news, but it's not a death sentence! So how about we show her our support? And if she doesn't speak English, maybe some of us, who speak Korean, could translate the posts for us and we post them in Korean so she'll understand. And then we just post that link to her blog and anywhere else we find so it reaches her. C'mon, let's bond together here a little, okay? We're all not doctors, but we can at least do this much. What do you think?

Let's do it!

To reply you must either login or sign up.