Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Damn, thanks for the translation. I'm still sad. This forum wasnt loading for me yesterday so I was unable to read. I dont know anyone who speaks korean... But do you guys remember our other translator? The SNSD/Taeyeon fan, maybe we can try to reach her. I dont remember her tumblr but I'm sure someone here does.

joined Apr 25, 2015

I saw two artworks just now and thought "Oh, I wonder if there is any update on the hiatus situation" and damn... this is not fair and harsh. Why are so many talented people either deadly ill or dead this year? Not counting tons of celebrities that died, my most favourite AMV maker Umika has passed away few months ago too and now...

Hold on Ssamba! Don't give up! You can do it!

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

Suzuma, you're amazing. That's all that I can say. People made an account here just to post in there so they could show their support for Ssamba. Well, I don't know how to speak korean or translate anything but still, thank you for your effort for the artist and her webtoon.

As for fluttering feelings...the best ones really are...hm.

joined Jan 22, 2015

I wasn't aware of this till I saw the tumblr post. Damn this week really sucks.

I sent a msg to Halmoni's tumblr account with a rundown of whats going on and a link to this thread.

Awaiting a reply.

joined Feb 22, 2015

littleyuri
You should totally post that fanart of Seola over in the FF-unite thread as well! :D

I will ;-;

Now that I think about it, translating all of our messages seem impossible ;-;. (3 pages and counting.)

joined Jun 14, 2016

New here...

Hi there, I am a reader from Taiwan.

It is truely sad to hear about ssamba's news...I was in shock all day long after I saw this information yesterday morning.

Knowing that she still cares about all the readers of Fluttering Feelings during her sickness really makes me want to cry...

If it were a luck for her to start the series, it is sure that the ones who are reading her story is much more luckier.

Now even this story won't end in the future (although I wish to see the ending as well), I just hope ssamba can regain her health again...

I've been reading the whole story again repeatly just to stop myself from thinking about this too much by now...

Maybe one day in the future I could finish the novels of Fluttering Feelings which I've been writing for 2 months just to comfort myself...

Anyway, just to share my feelings with all the royal readers of FF, and sorry for the grammar mistakes of this post (this is already the best I can do...).

Wish everyone luck.

p.s. I've noticed that maybe a translation is needed, let me know if I can help (Chinese and English). I really wish ssamba knows that she is not alone to fight her sickness.

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 9:25PM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

JerryChops
highfives Thank you!

littleyuri
I'll turn into a fullblown couch potato once I get back home and spend day and night searching any chatroom, forum, scanlation group website and basically the entire fucking web back and forth to find translators with enough time to help if I have to, but this WILL happen. Especially now after Newp translated the post and I was able to understand it, I can relate to Ssamba's situation right now so much it's crazy, so I just want to do this for her. I know how much I was longing for people to reach out to me when I could feel my own life thread thinning, so yeah...This is happening. We'll make it. We. Will! "Impossible" is not in the vocab here. v.v

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 9:20PM

joined Sep 7, 2015

Is there anyway we can support Author Ssamba? With her medical bills and stuff. I want to support her in a way that I can. I owe her a lot. She is one of the main causes of my happiness.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

car_rxn
We've considered the idea of a fundraiser before, which would be tough to organize, but not impossible and deffo an actually physically helpful gesture. But I suggested waiting a bit with this, since this initiative is still small and we can't tell how big it's gonna get, so doing this now wouldn't be profitable.

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 9:24PM

joined Sep 7, 2015

Suzuma
Thank you for the info. I understand. Do update me if you have started the fundraiser^^

joined Jun 14, 2016

Hrm, could I draw something for her? I dunno if I will get to it though, but let me know with any ideas you might want illustrated.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Hello!
I can translate as much as I can for Ssamba, although I have finals this week, I can start translation starting in about 3 days.
I'm so sorry that I can't work earlier than that but I promise I will try my best!
Edit: I will try to squeeze in as much work I can before those 3 days.

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 11:16PM

joined Feb 22, 2015

Hello!
I can translate as much as I can for Ssamba, although I have finals this week, I can start translation starting in about 3 days.
I'm so sorry that I can't work earlier than that but I promise I will try my best!

I love you ;-;

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Hello!

I love you ;-;

Ah >< You're making me blush. Just adding my own lil contribution to the fandom. And thank YOU too!

Images%20(13)
joined Jun 14, 2016

hello, I mean that still remained in shock for your situation and at the same time I feel sad ; I tell you when I read your work I love and as they passed the chapters wanted to know more about the story in which they feel more than friendship but are afraid to say , that situation is always present in our lives , all fans will trimmers for your game , but i want you to know that you want and spend good moments while you can and God keep you, goodbye.

we love you <3 :) bye

Large
joined Oct 9, 2013

Damn, thanks for the translation. I'm still sad. This forum wasnt loading for me yesterday so I was unable to read. I dont know anyone who speaks korean... But do you guys remember our other translator? The SNSD/Taeyeon fan, maybe we can try to reach her. I dont remember her tumblr but I'm sure someone here does.

her tumblr is http://taeyeonlikesgirls.tumblr.com maybe she can help mint-leaf

joined Jun 14, 2016

More Updates

LINK FOR THE FORUM: http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/10056-fluttering-feelings-fans-unite-hang-in-there-ssamba

GO NUTS, PEOPLE!
Let's love the shit out of this woman! W00t

So I just need to post my words and fanart for ssamba in that thread, right?

p.s. I know there are some Chinese-Korean translators in China's FF forum, but going English>Chinese>Korean seems to spend much time, plus maybe the meaning of the words can go wrong... But let me know if this is helpful. Or is it fine if I try to mention the situation here at the China's FF forum? I guess there might be someone who could speak both English and Korean that are willing to help out.

last edited at Jun 15, 2016 1:33AM

Av
joined Feb 6, 2015

Thought it would be nice to translate Ssambas blog post for you guys. Here you are.

_

Hello. This is Ssamba. 

It really seems like a long time since I last wrote to people through this blog.  

A lot of things happened to me lately. 

I'm not sure where to start or how to begin.. but I will try to be as straight and candid with you. 

A while ago I had a cancer surgery and I am currently waiting for chemotherapy to start. 

I used to think all surgeries are pretty much the same, big or small, but in my case it was a fairly big surgery.  At the moment my conditions are too severe to start chemotherapy. 

With my sincere apology to all of the webtoon readers, I cannot even be certain if I will be able to continue the series. 

The doctors told me my cancer is virtually incurable as it has already spread into the intestine so the future is really uncertain at this time.  

With so much mental and physical stress I am craving many times a day for a couple of cigarettes or even opium injections like count 'Ha Jung Woo' in the movie 'Ahgashi'. 

(I went to see the movie 'Ahgashi' a few days ago. It was ironically interesting to sit among healthy people. I felt like I was in a black comedy. It was a heavy burden on my body but I really needed a theraputic refreshment and I got one. At least that evening I was able to contain my vomitting. ^^) 

I'm not sure if I will ever be able to draw 'Fluttering Feelings' again. 

I am a pretty boring and introverted person. 

It was an unbelievable stroke of luck to start 'Fluttering Feelings'.  

Through this I gained a lot. 

A lot of people liked my webtoon, and thanks to that I was able to meet a lot of great people, which was a lot of fun. It was a really precious experience.  

Only heaven knows what will happen to me. 

This experience is so surreal that I feel that this is all just a dream. 

But the more I thought about it the more pain I felt. 

Since nothing can be guaranteed I am letting go of everything for now. 

All I can say right now is I am sorry that I let my readers down. I am writing this to inform my readers, but also as a way of comforting myself. 

It is my sincere hope that I can reach my readers again even in my current condition.  

This is all that I can think of at the moment. 

I want to finish 'Fluttering Feelings' as well as starting a few more stories that are in my head. 

I am uploading two character drawings. I was going to upload it later on but theres no harm in doing so right now. 

'I can't not draw a Seol-Ah and Norae kiss scene...!'

Yes. This is what I said. 

I am truly sorry but thankful to everyone. 

I will certaintly contact my readers again. Until then, take care! 

This is truly heartbreaking... my tears keep falling as I read this.

Av
joined Feb 6, 2015

I don't mind waiting months or years till FF gets new update. Right now, I just sincerely want Ssamba to get well.
Thanks for translating Ssamba's blog.

last edited at Jun 15, 2016 2:39AM

joined Jul 23, 2013

I have contacted the publishing company Comico and they replied back. Send the writings to the company and they can deliver it to the author.
http://i.imgur.com/t2eFOiE.png

last edited at Jun 15, 2016 4:56AM

joined Feb 22, 2015

I have contacted the publishing company Comico and they replied back. They can deliver it to the author.

O:!?!??!! Could you explain further?

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I have contacted the publishing company Comico and they replied back. Send the writings to the company and they can deliver it to the author.
http://i.imgur.com/t2eFOiE.png

In which language, korean or english?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Would it be fine even if it's in english?

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

She knows Fluttering Feelings is popular all over the world, so she's aware she has fans all over the world and English is the standard language used for communication in the world. If she makes a blog post for her fans, which isn't in English, I think it's pretty safe to assume she doesn't understand English. At least most certainly not enough to understand what we want to tell her. I might be wrong, but for now I'm going with what seems the most logical.

Still, I think it's better to find out languages s/he could understand. S/he may knows more than just one language. Tbh, I don't think the process of finding translators is going to work well. And you should take into account the fact that when something is translated into another language, some of the original meaning is lost in translation.

If Ssamba only understands korean, and if the finding translator doesn't work well, how about everyone write their own message in korean? It is not impossible at all if you guys do really want to do it for Ssamba. Go with your one most favorite encouraging line/sentence and make it into korean. I do think it's worth a try. One line with your time and effort means more than anything.

last edited at Jun 15, 2016 5:51AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I think it's too much for the Translator to translate all of the messages. So what if they translate only the main point of the message. We then add that translated message to the original. So we send both the translation and the original message.
Now, if we fail to find a translator, why don't we just send the original messages. Since Ssamba lives in Korea, I believe she can at least understand basic English.

To reply you must either login or sign up.