Forum › Lily Love discussion

O0480040113112528096
joined May 23, 2014

I don't know why and I should feel guilty about this but for Christ's sake I'm shipping Ice and Donut so hardd. I have always liked Ice and felt that she surely had some feelings for Donut, didn't think I was right though xD

Okami Uploader
joined Aug 1, 2013

Thank you for your answer, though it made me feel sad that the story has been kinda short. I cannot read the raw but the title was in English, really wanted to know if they got together in the end but I didn't see them holding hands in the final pages.... So I guess they broke up. Any chance you could confirm the latter?

I checked out the raws because of that...that fucking yuri trope with studying abroad. I hate it. I hate it so much.

I think that this story has so much potential to become a true gem, had it been longer. It wouldn't even be too bad to see how their long-distance relationship would pan out, along with them possibly having feelings for people around them in the meantime and overcome the difficulties to eventually end up together again. Kind of a shame.

Well, damn. Now my heart hurts.

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

It took me a good few minutes to realize who the heck ICE actually was. Donut's friend who barely spent anytime with her suddenly likes Donut. Man, i just want to see romance develop between girls without the dumb rival. It drags the story around. Anyhow, Donut was being ridiculous when she found out about Mew studying abroad. Totally reminded me Girlfriends with Akko and Mari except Mariko didn't go THAT overboard.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Parental Approval!!! :D

Is that a real tag? Because that should be a real tag. :>

(Of course it's not real. But I can dream!)

last edited at May 3, 2016 12:38AM

joined Jul 24, 2015

Kinda it not the right time to confess Ice. Donut already have too much to think and mixed feeling about New going abroad. Don't cause her more head ache and heart ache.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm pretty sure Do and Mew will stay an item, even if they have to be apart for a time. The overall feeling of this story isn't one of heavy drama and heartbreak. Ending it on a sad note would defeat the whole comedy setting Ratana Satis built and would only irritate her fans.

Though I hope it will not be an open ending.

last edited at May 3, 2016 2:09AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

The author is cruel, he puts such a nice girl to make a love triangle that we knoe will end with the nice girl heartbroken so we take pity on her

The author is "she" :P

I'm pretty sure Do and Mew will stay an item, even if they have to be apart for a time.

After all we had "red string of fate" in first chapter :P

yurinaissance
56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

What an awesome, Mom.
Ice sudden confession will might bring Donut in more hard time decision making.

joined Oct 12, 2013

It took me a good few minutes to realize who the heck ICE actually was. Donut's friend who barely spent anytime with her suddenly likes Donut. Man, i just want to see romance develop between girls without the dumb rival. It drags the story around. Anyhow, Donut was being ridiculous when she found out about Mew studying abroad. Totally reminded me Girlfriends with Akko and Mari except Mariko didn't go THAT overboard.

Lesbian romances me, I have to go through coming out drama, deal with her shitty ex and get kidnapped because of aforementioned shitty ex and the next thing I find out she's leaving for two years while our relationship is in its infancy and she was too much of a coward to even tell me? Honestly I think Donut's reaction is one of the more realistic aspects of the story.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

In Ice's defense tho, we never really see Donut hanging out with anyone. We know her friends exist, but they matter so little that we don't pay much attention to them.

When we first see Ice in the 2nd chapter, they did mention that she receives a fuck ton of confessions, but never went out with anyone, + a friend's comment on "why doesn't she just pick one already?". So I guess it's a stretch, but it's sorta hinted, (the typical overall hint of someone never going out with anyone because cough cough hint hint), it's just that Ice was hardly the focus at any point of the story except that small scene, that was more on the gossipy friends putting pressure on Donut not mentioning anyone she's interested in. When it's out of context/the wrong context, that sort of "hint" would be completely buried and overlooked. Meh it's not even really a hint, but that one statement makes it sorta possible? Idk. Still a huge stretch.

Basically Ice, none of the friends actually, never mattered and her suddenly coming into the actual story now feels sudden and out of place.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hey, people. LL isn't FF.

Ratana Satis didn't try to make it overly complicated, dramatic, or didn't go for the innovation award. She used yuri tropes unabashedly and LL is carried by her gorgeous drawings, not by the story. From the start, it's been a pretty simple and straightforward, "by the book", GL romcom.

Nitpicking about plotholes isn't going anywhere. Maybe she wrote the story as she was drawing it and introduced Ice's crush as an afterthought, because she thought it would be interesting. It's not necessarily "poor writing", but for her longest series yet, I think she went for the KISS principle. And I think she did well. LL is not groundbreaking or flawless, but it's a nice read, that people all over the world enjoyed.

And it worked : now, she has a new series, probably with a bit deeper story, and she's going to earn more money with it.

No harm in taking it slow and carefully. Lots of artists have ruined the good will of readers by trying too hard. Hopefully, Ratana Satis will keep on writing yuri for the years to come.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Basically Ice, none of the friends actually, never mattered and her suddenly coming into the actual story now feels sudden and out of place.

My thoughts exactly. Kind of a shame, it was mostly an interesting ride up until this point.

Edit: Er, that came out more negatively than I intended. I'm still invested, just a bit less so now.

last edited at May 3, 2016 7:51AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

@Nya-chan : main issue here for me is not entirely related to the author here. She's free to go with what she want, it's her story, but I generally dislike love triangle, especially when they come out of nowhere. And here, it is coming out of nowhere. I get she might want to focus on other series that might actually bring her some money, but a few more scenes spread other a few chapters hinting that Ice does have some interest in Donut would have made this sudden confession less like some "insta-drama solution, just add water".

As others pointed out, Ice never had that much spotlight to begin with, so it feels to me she was brought back for the sake of drama.

Also, I enjoyed the story so far and the author manages to subvert some of the usual cliches and ropes, as with the whole kidnapping thing that unfolded in a more comical way when a lot of people, me included, expected things to go either badly or with a lot of drama. even the "last kiss" beetween P'mew and Ploy got kinda glossed over swiftly. If things were going to go the way they are now, think it might have been better to make use of Donut thinking P'mew kissed Ploy back then, would have felt like a more natural source for angst and drama.

So yeah, not saying author is bad, just that I'm personally slightly annoyed and disappointed at the direction the story is taking as of current chapter.

Though if it ends up with Donut dumping P'mew and dating Ice instead, might actually be an interesting twist, but those stories generally stick with the main couple.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I get she might want to focus on other series that might actually bring her some money, but a few more scenes spread other a few chapters hinting that Ice does have some interest in Donut would have made this sudden confession less like some "insta-drama solution, just add water".

Fun fact. Chapter 24 was finished in November 2015 and she had next chapters sketched already. She started thinking about Pulse (sketching it) maybe in December. So - maybe it's only me - but I think she had idea of "DonutxIcexMew" thing much EARLIER before "focusing on Pulse"

As others pointed out, Ice never had that much spotlight to begin with, so it feels to me she was brought back for the sake of drama.

It also nice to follow fan comments. And I mean original-first view fans so Thai people. They were introduced with characters before us :P And when Ice and later Ploy showed up, they really liked (ok they hated Ploy as we at the start) these characters..... So maybe Ratana "brought Ice" for fans, never thought about it ;)? Also Ice had the most amount of spotlight compared to other Donut's friends since start :P

last edited at May 3, 2016 10:28AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

even the "last kiss" beetween P'mew and Ploy got kinda glossed over swiftly.

Holy shit wait, did Mew even explain this to Donut? Or was it all forgotten (understandably tho) with Donut's kidnapping? But like does Donut know that Mew didn't actually kiss Ploy?

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

I actually really like this Donut and Ice thing going on.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

@Alextasha : I stand corrected for the first quote. As for the second, I tend to consider that a story needs to be self explanatory without having to go check boards, fan comments and so on. Even if she did brought her for fan, still could do it with a bit more build up before having her confess to Donut ? And more spotlight than the others doesn't necessary mean she had all that much spotlight, but can also mean the other have even less ;p

As a reader who just read the chapters as they come out on dynasty and only casually commenting on it every now and then, I feel that Ice had little presence so far and her confession was kinda sudden. Other might feel otherwise, but that's how it seems to me. ^^

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'll be honest, if Donut goes out with Ice I'll think less of her for it. She may be naïve about relationships, but doing so would give the impression she just goes with whoever pays attention to her and has little in the loyalty or commitment departments.

joined May 3, 2016

Ooo, this is getting interesting!
BTW, this is probably my favorite manga I'm reading right now here. The art style and story line are just amazing! Keep up the great work!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

When we first see Ice in the 2nd chapter, they did mention that she receives a fuck ton of confessions, but never went out with anyone, + a friend's comment on "why doesn't she just pick one already?". So I guess it's a stretch, but it's sorta hinted, (the typical overall hint of someone never going out with anyone because cough cough hint hint),

Thanks for pointing that out.

Lesbian romances me, I have to go through coming out drama, deal with her shitty ex and get kidnapped because of aforementioned shitty ex and the next thing I find out she's leaving for two years while our relationship is in its infancy and she was too much of a coward to even tell me?

I agree Donut is quite reasonable. Even good girls have their limits. But we can see from the outside that P'Mew is still good for her.

joined May 25, 2013

I think Ice loved Donut from the beginning ..that´s why Ice said "donut is probaly not interested in love, right?(it sounds like, "you don´t like guys am I right"?, and where ice supported Donut as she asked for advice a few chapters ago...

I love P Mew she´s actually my type, for me would it be wonderful if they stay together, because i´m more like Donut..that would received my hope upright, that I will find a girlfriend..someday (Who´s on the other side of my red thread?..curious...) MewXDonut <3

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I don't know why everyone is so upset. Ice's confession wasn't out of place. We've been seeing subtle hints all throughout the series. I knew this was coming all along, but I just didn't know when. And who doesn't love a Yuri love triangle? Or love square?

Also, I like IcexDonut. Sorry. I still like MewxDonut, though. I'm just a bit conflicted.

last edited at Aug 26, 2016 11:54AM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I'll be honest, if Donut goes out with Ice I'll think less of her for it. She may be naïve about relationships, but doing so would give the impression she just goes lwith whoever pays attention to her and has little in the loyalty or commitment departments.

Think about it. She's in a very upset and confused state of mind. I'm not saying it would be okay for her to do it, because it wouldn't. However, I would somewhat understand why. Just a little. 1) She believes that her relationship won't last long, 2) She believes that Mew and Ploy kissed, 3) She's upset that found out about the study abroad thing when and how she did, 4) She feels she is all alone and has no one, and 5) Ice, a long time and supportive friend, just confessed to her on top of all of that. If she ends up accepting it I wouldn't be too surprised. Also, I wouldn't be against it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'll be honest, if Donut goes out with Ice I'll think less of her for it. She may be naïve about relationships, but doing so would give the impression she just goes lwith whoever pays attention to her and has little in the loyalty or commitment departments.

Think about it. She's in a very upset and confused state of mind. I'm not saying it would be okay for her to do it, because it wouldn't. However, I would somewhat understand why. Just a little. 1) She believes that her relationship won't last long, 2) She believes that Mew and Ploy kissed, 3) She's upset that found out about the study abroad thing when and how she did, 4) She feels she is all alone and has no one, and 5) Ice, a long time and supportive friend, just confessed to her on top of all of that. If she ends up accepting it I wouldn't be too surprised. Also, I wouldn't be against it.

Well, put that way, it comes off more as Ice being predatory and going after her in a moment of weakness. Which would make me think less of both of them.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Well, put that way, it comes off more as Ice being predatory and going after her in a moment of weakness. Which would make me think less of both of them.

Well, it seemed that Ice already had been planning on confessing to her. It just so happened to be during a bad time, which she obviously knew. I don't know. Maybe she just wanted to get it off her chest and isn't expecting anything. Though I highly doubt that given the time and place she decided to confess. Who knows what'll happen?

last edited at May 3, 2016 10:13PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.