Forum › Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! discussion

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I'm surprised none of the people complaining about how Alice is not part of the SDM mentioned Aya Shameimaru or Reimu...

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shinozaki_san_ki_wo_ota_shika_ni_ch33#29
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shinozaki_san_ki_wo_ota_shika_ni_ch33#24

Or Marisa for that matter.

Even still, it's allways fun seeing Saku Saku Tei getting back to his Touhou roots.

last edited at Mar 12, 2016 9:37PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I'm surprised none of the people complaining about how Alice is not part of the SDM mentioned Aya Shameimaru or Reimu...

We're talking about the credits page, where the costumes used by Akina and friends are listed and cites that all are under the SDM group except for Marisa, who is basically a main character.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

We're talking about the credits page, where the costumes used by Akina and friends are listed and cites that all are under the SDM group except for Marisa, who is basically a main character.

I'm not sure it's specifically referring to Akina and her friends. It only said "The costumes this they used..." [sic] and there were definitely Aya and Reimu costumes used in this story.

joined Mar 11, 2016

There is just teasing and no actual yuri. Will it get somewhere like this? Don't tell me this is another yuru yuri? :(

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

There is just teasing and no actual yuri. Will it get somewhere like this? Don't tell me this is another yuru yuri? :(

What do you expect? Akina pushing down Kaede?

This is not that kind of manga.

If that happens, it'll be near the end.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oh man chapter 29 was totally me. The poor life of a crack/unpopular pairing shipper and side character stan sigh. That reminds me, I should go and finish my fanfic....

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Shinozaki cast as Eientei? MICCHY WOULD BE PERFECT TEWI....yeah, that's it. Side note: Akina would be the perfect-est Mokou and Kaede as Keine. I would kill (Kaguya) to see that.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nya-chan posted:

I don't mind if they leave it for the end (although I almost want to make sure that could happen before keep reading) but I still desire some actual character development. Each mini arc that never goes beyond 1 or 2 episodes always end with Akina like "Oooh... I see now, they're not gross (well, not all of them), I'm actually enjoying this, this is so fun / I love my otaku friends" and then HARD RESET! we start a new development with Akina going Aaahhh otaku shit so disgusting don't come near me!!
I understand that the manga is about avoiding it, but if we keep like this, the only time that "Oooh... I see now" will count is at the very end and that's just my guess, she might deny it ... Let's be frank, she still belives that after all this time, if her old friends find out that she is an otaku they won't talk with her anymore?

That pattern with Akina is getting tiresome, I would totally love episodes about her friends or even about her brother instead of another plot of Akina with her alzheimer

joined Jun 30, 2015

Explosive masquerade -> hopeless masquerade?

joined Mar 11, 2016

Nya-chan posted:

I don't mind if they leave it for the end (although I almost want to make sure that could happen before keep reading) but I still desire some actual character development.

This. what I want to see is some development in and between the characters. 33 chapters in and we don't even know If Akina is serious about Kaede? will she have a chance with Kaede? etc. etc. I don't want a " Best Friends Forever" ending.
P.S: I am more of a shoujo ai person (no adult content involved). So when I say yuri I don't mean any sappy things to happen. :p

last edited at Mar 14, 2016 1:06AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Autumn posted:

P.S: I am more of a shoujo ai person (no adult content involved). So when I say yuri I don't mean any sappy things to happen. :p

How can you be a pedophile and not want any adult content involved?

joined Mar 11, 2016

A matter of preference dear. I've read plenty of mature yuri and it does not/no longer interests me. Its simple as that. I don't get how that makes me a pedophile tho?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

A matter of preference dear. I've read plenty of mature yuri and it does not/no longer interests me. Its simple as that. I don't get how that makes me a pedophile tho?

That's what "shoujo ai" actually refers to in Japan. The idea that it's non-sexual "soft" yuri is a western invention.

joined Mar 11, 2016

I know and I don't want to go there. I am (and was) takling about what " I " specifically mean from the word "shoujo ai/yuri". So if I say shoujo ai/yuri, you can assume that I am talking about the soft one. You can take it as my personal definition. :D

last edited at Mar 15, 2016 6:07AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I know and I don't want to go there. I am (and was) takling about what " I " specifically mean from the word "shoujo ai/yuri". So if I say shoujo ai/yuri, you can assume that I am talking about the soft one. You can take it as my personal definition. :D

That's fine - I used to use it like that years ago - It was more used like that back then than now - but don't be surprised when everyone misunderstands you when you have a personal meaning most don't share.. The point in languages is we kinda agree on what words mean or it doesn't work. Why not just say soft-core or non explicit yuri then you will be both accurate and understood.

Also -Yuru yuri is amazingly wonderful - probably a lot more yuri fans like it than don't - it has great characters and some great ships -and is very funny - and it was never gonna have serious yuri - it's a comedy show - with bonus yuri subtext /undertones.

Compared to azumanga daioh for example - it's got WAY more yuri - does that make azumanga daioh naff even though it's one of the funniest such series to exist? It had a tiny bit of yuri subtext too. Both series are primarily comedy shows - yuru yuri is not ABOUT the yuri.

That said - I'd love it if it developed serious yuri too - but I can't see it happening. At least in Shinozaki it MIGHT happen down the line - but like people said - it would have to be near the end because hooking them up normally brings these kinda manga to and end - and no author of a popular manga making money wants to rush to end it if its their only income and who knows if they can duplicate that success?

I do think there is more room for character development though - and the author is using various gags / ideas a lot - but the development doesn't HAVE to be about her feelings for Kaede - there is also the otaku stuff. Part of the problem seems to be Shinozaki makes progress in one area or another but then seems to backslide the next chapter.

last edited at Mar 15, 2016 5:11PM

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I do think there is more room for character development though - and the author is using various gags / ideas a lot - but the development doesn't HAVE to be about her feelings for ?Kaede - there is also the otaku stuff. Part of the problem seems to be Shinozaki makes progress in one area or another but then seems to backslide the next chapter.

Another part would be how almost ALL of her friends seem to be varying levels of otaku themselves at this point, thus making her reluctance to embrace it increasingly weird as it would likely have no negative impact on her life and would probably improve all of her relationships.

joined Mar 11, 2016

That's fine - I used to use it like that years ago - It was more used like that back then than now - but don't be surprised when everyone misunderstands you when you have a personal meaning most don't share.. The point in languages is we kinda agree on what words mean or it doesn't work. Why not just say soft-core or non explicit yuri then you will be both accurate and understood.

Also -Yuru yuri is amazingly wonderful - probably a lot more yuri fans like it than don't - it has great characters and some great ships -and is very funny - and it was never gonna have serious yuri - it's a comedy show - with bonus yuri subtext /undertones.

Compared to azumanga daioh for example - it's got WAY more yuri - does that make azumanga daioh naff even though it's one of the funniest such series to exist? It had a tiny bit of yuri subtext too. Both series are primarily comedy shows - yuru yuri is not ABOUT the yuri.

That said - I'd love it if it developed serious yuri too - but I can't see it happening. At least in Shinozaki it MIGHT happen down the line - but like people said - it would have to be near the end because hooking them up normally brings these kinda manga to and end - and no author of a popular manga making money wants to rush to end it if its their only income and who knows if they can duplicate that success?

I do think there is more room for character development though - and the author is using various gags / ideas a lot - but the development doesn't HAVE to be about her feelings for Kaede - there is also the otaku stuff. Part of the problem seems to be Shinozaki makes progress in one area or another but then seems to backslide the next chapter.

I will see to it.

I enjoyed the recent season of Yuru Yuri a lot. It had some decent development between the characters. The comedy was good too. But the first two seasons were just meh for me, aside from an episode or two.
While for some those two season were more fun so each to their own I guess.

I don't mind if the mangaka takes her time but a little development won't hurt too. As long as the story is not repeating/dragging itself I am ok with however chapters it takes. Tho at this point I started to wonder if we will get some yuri at all!!

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 12:18PM

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

I-is Akina finally accepting her otaku spirit? Is this almost the end?? Arghhhhh noooo. On a side note i would crazy love to see a side story from her friends' PoV interacting with other otaku or just about their daily lives. And please I need some Touko x Konatsu or Touko x anyone!!!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I really enjoyed this chapter and all the references :) I feel the TL notes though shouldn't have just covered shrine visits but mentioned WHY the Washinomiya shrine is an otaku pilgrimage (most people wont go to check a website) -

The Washinomiya shrine is the shrine Kagami's family run in Lucky star - (And she & Tsukasa sometimes help out at as shrine maidens).

P.s coincidentally the author of my favourite lucky star fanfic talks about this shrine is his notes last chapter - they really do have tons of otaku go there - they even have prayers from Kagami & Tsukasa as though they really worked there :)
He even managed to find Kagami's house number lol if you want to see it in street view! The shrine is right next door.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10926205/11/The-Rabbit-and-The-Puppy

last edited at Mar 22, 2016 11:29AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Bwaha, that dream XD

Looks like Akina made a step forward accepting otakus.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

At this point, Kaede has to know how Akina feels and is just trolling her.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Eggplants!

joined Sep 11, 2014

At this point, Kaede has to know how Akina feels and is just trolling her.

At this point, the author has to know how the reader feels and is just trolling them (us).

joined Feb 19, 2011

HAHA LUCKY STAR~!

joined Feb 19, 2011

HAHA LUCKY STAR~!

To reply you must either login or sign up.