Forum › Limited-Time Friend discussion

Artworks-000165609848-75gqpp-t500x500
joined Aug 1, 2015

I thought it was going to be a sad ending. But nope! Happy end for all of us! :D

joined Aug 16, 2015

You just had to use that terrible meme in the credits, huh.

Nice story, by the way.

last edited at Mar 10, 2016 5:55PM

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

The credits page made me facedesk. It's even in my yuri... Q__Q

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I liked it right up until the credit page. Then I died a little on the inside.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Pretty cute. Not really yuri though. Subtext maybe? Doesn't look even that xD But yeah, pretty cute :]

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Cute story, but I don't get the credit page. Someone care to explain?

joined Apr 11, 2014

Cute story, but I don't get the credit page. Someone care to explain?

Its a reference to a vine video "Damn Daniel".

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Yeah, this was cute, by not by any shot would I call it Yuri. Friendshipping at its very best though! :D

Untitled
joined Oct 6, 2013

geeeeez senpai, why you gotta be so cute with that awkward smile

joined Aug 10, 2015

DAAAAAAAMN YURI PROJECT!!

Back at it again with the clever credit pages!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I guess it's tagged as yuri cus it was published in Hirari maybe?
Hmm well there were still cute hugs, blushes and calling girls cute

Cate
joined May 15, 2015

Super ultra mega cute!

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Well,that was cute

joined May 14, 2015

It was okay-ish. No yuri, if you look rly hard with yuri glasses there is like 1 line of subtext, someone is getting lazy with tags.

Just%20d.va%20things
joined Jun 9, 2013

That credits page broke my heart, just a bit.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Not yuri

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

By the time I read it it had no Yuri tag and I was thinking it was pretty yuri-ish. There's hope for the future! It's at least very subtexty (to me) and romantic two-girl friendship-y and a bit Story S. I didnt get the joke so the credits page didn't bug me ;)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Best example to stop saying what will and won't end up in yuri based on magazine it was published in.

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

Fluffy enough

joined Sep 21, 2014

Best example to stop saying what will and won't end up in yuri based on magazine it was published in.

I don't really know what you mean by that :T
It had a pretty open ending, but it was cute tho

Do the magazines really prevent authors from wanting to end something as yuri or not?
For instance, Suzunari isn't completely scanlated as it's licensed, and knowing it's from the same author as Kanamemo! and Flower Flower (and having read the Kurogane Ken doujin), I guess I was really curious to know where it was going and how it ended and I bought it.
I kinda expected a subtext/romantic two-girl friendship ending, so the actual ending was pretty nice hehe :3

Idk how much control the magazines have, but I wish for the best maybe? :T

last edited at Mar 12, 2016 5:01AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Do the magazines really prevent authors from wanting to end something as yuri or not?

I'm not arguing whatever it was yuri or not. Their relationship could be interpreted either way. What I meant was that a lot people here has tendency to become sjw and when people are talking about some slice of life and how yuri to them it is and where it can go, they "kindly" says "it was published in XXX magazine that is not yuri, hence it won't go yuri. You are welcome". Here we had kinda hypocritical thing happening, where even thought it was published in Hirari, 100% yuri magazine, people said it wasn't yuri enough and asked for removing yuri tag. Where are all those sjw defending it and saying it is yuri, because it was published in XXX magazine that is yuri magazine?

I have no idea how it works in japan. From what I do know, it seems like which magazine you pick to get published in do have a big influence, the same way shounen is for boys, shoujo is for girls. Japanese love to segregate their stuff really thoroughly allowing them to have exact expectation from their works and if they will have success in targeted audience or not. That being said I don't think just because X manga is published in X magazine that is not yuri it means it will never go there and honestly people who keep on telling me this just rub me the wrong way.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm not arguing whatever it was yuri or not. Their relationship could be interpreted either way. What I meant was that a lot people here has tendency to become sjw and when people are talking about some slice of life and how yuri to them it is and where it can go, they "kindly" says "it was published in XXX magazine that is not yuri, hence it won't go yuri. You are welcome". Here we had kinda hypocritical thing happening, where even thought it was published in Hirari, 100% yuri magazine, people said it wasn't yuri enough and asked for removing yuri tag. Where are all those sjw defending it and saying it is yuri, because it was published in XXX magazine that is yuri magazine?

I have no idea how it works in japan. From what I do know, it seems like which magazine you pick to get published in do have a big influence, the same way shounen is for boys, shoujo is for girls. Japanese love to segregate their stuff really thoroughly allowing them to have exact expectation from their works and if they will have success in targeted audience or not. That being said I don't think just because X manga is published in X magazine that is not yuri it means it will never go there and honestly people who keep on telling me this just rub me the wrong way.

Oh yes, definitely. I agree.

joined Mar 11, 2016

A cute story. Glad it had a happy end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.