Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Mar 25, 2013

After that nonsense where Nanami glances at the computer and Yuu immediately knows what she is supposed to do for her as her special person

When did that happen? In this chapter? If you're talking about when Yuu stayed behind, Nanami wasn't looking at the computer, she was looking at Yuu and seeing (hoping for her to stay) what she would do.

joined Jan 3, 2016

I love the art of this story. I hope chapters 7 and 8 will be scanlated soon!

Rsz_uzfg
joined May 24, 2014

Not going to lie, i'd give anything for Maki-kun to be a transboy.

Now that you mention it.... that sounds like a great idea.

this

joined Aug 19, 2012

A kiss finally!!!!! Also secret is totally out. Bracing for incoming love triangle drama once tsuntsun VP gets told by Maki-kun.

I think I would love that triangle drama

joined Aug 10, 2015

Makiiiiiiiii-kun, Damn YOU
Also why won't she just give up??? The Student Council President is in love with you, isn't that cray-cray? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

I love "Permission withdrawn" part...hoho..

I love this series. It's deep, heart squeezing.. i love the MCs.

joined Aug 19, 2012

Yeah why did they stopped this tradition 7 years ago on page 19. I wonder if the reveal is going to be some sort of foreshadowing

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Might also be a simple explanation, like the student council at the time didn't want to be in a play and so they stopped it and nobody bothered to do it again after that.

Even with the current council, most of them doesn't seem too fond of the idea.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Maki-kun, why am I not surprised? Oh, right, 5|30 center panel.

joined Jan 15, 2016

I don't know but I think thism is kinda better that MariMite the MC is kinda aloof but with a backbone just a the way I like it.

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

I dont know if its just my eyes, but is maki kun smiling at the end of ch 6? What do u think?
Hmm.. the story will become more complicated.
But, i like it that way... it means the series is still long ahead, i hope so..

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

You should read ch 7 & 8 to understand that Maki-kun tried to help for their romance, not involved in love triangle.He is a Yuri Danshi-type.

last edited at Jan 15, 2016 10:43AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Can I just say that I like how consent-centred this scene is? Touko makes damn sure Koito is willing to accept it before the kiss, and even after the "permission denied" she hesitates to make sure that it was just Koito reacting to being teased rather than an actual revocation of consent. It really says a lot that she doesn't just kiss her out of nowhere or force it.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

she doesn't just kiss her out of nowhere

Except that one time near the railroad tracks.

I think Touko's just playing it safe. She knows Yuu doesn't love her back and so, doesn't do anything that would make her leave.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I think Touko's just playing it safe. She knows Yuu doesn't love her back and so, doesn't do anything that would make her leave.

That time was part of her confession, a way to let her realize that this is what she meant by love. And she did apologize after it.

Not exactly like in the last uniform,
where a girl just steal a kiss from another right after being rejected and not only is not sorry about it, despite Beniko being angry at her, but actually being content with stealing it...

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

Can I just say that I like how consent-centred this scene is? Touko makes damn sure Koito is willing to accept it before the kiss, and even after the "permission denied" she hesitates to make sure that it was just Koito reacting to being teased rather than an actual revocation of consent. It really says a lot that she doesn't just kiss her out of nowhere or force it.

This. The characters actually have some respect for boundaries.

I want to mention the great pacing and layout between the pages when Touko tells Koito that she's sweet. My heart went "kyun".

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Aaah! beautiful ending...
I'm so glad it was Maki and not the other guy, he looks kind of cheeky and who knows what he'll do, hmmm... We don't know much about Maki but he looks safe xP

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

After that nonsense where Nanami glances at the computer and Yuu immediately knows what she is supposed to do for her as her special person

When did that happen? In this chapter? If you're talking about when Yuu stayed behind, Nanami wasn't looking at the computer, she was looking at Yuu and seeing (hoping for her to stay) what she would do.

Yes, I mean her sidelong glance at Yuu while ostensibly looking at the computer. Very Sachiko-like. Admittedly, she didn't curl her finger around the handle of a teacup yet.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

By the way I finally have a take on this manga:
1. Touko doesn't want to go back to hiding behind people and being insecure - her #1 fear.
2. Yuu likes her best that way and has little faith in her because she dwells on her vulnerable side and mothers her.
3. Sayaka supports her in changing and has complete faith in her.
4. If Touko was equally pretty and into Yuu but she was the younger, smaller girl, Yuu would be openly in love with her. And Touko would be less into Yuu.
5. Yuu is ungracious about getting help vs. giving it.
6. This is a Three-Prince love triangle.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

she doesn't just kiss her out of nowhere

"This scene", remember?

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

The credits just reminded me of that manga Girlfriends lol.
Aaaand I was expecting some kind of revelation for her during the kiss like "Oh okay this is cool maybe I do like her" but nope.
Thank god, I've read WAY too much manga where the protagonist suddenly and magically falls in love after a kiss so I'm glad the author didn't choose to go down that cliché'd route here :-)

last edited at Jan 15, 2016 1:47PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Finally an update. Great chapter. This is my most favorite ongoing yuri manga.

Untitled
joined Oct 6, 2013

The credits page killed me......

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I totally expected it to be the new guy, not Maki-kun, but this makes it pretty interesting. And basically what everyone else said.. Love the consent, the "you're sweet" line. Basically, I love how real and free of cliches this story is. Definitely one of the best-written yuri stories I've read, so far.

I think my favorite part though, is how Yuu doesn't immediately fall in love in return, but things about it seriously and tries to be open-minded, and not afraid.

(And the credits page! giggle Always gotta watch the credits page)

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, to be fair, the author still went with the "her eyelashes are so long" cliche line. :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.