Forum › Lip-Service Woman and the Impregnable Maiden discussion

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

A good read with an amusing title.

last edited at Oct 31, 2015 6:56AM

joined May 20, 2013

So...this should have a tragedy tag on it, right?

Read this originally, then with the bonus, then tried to forget it. Since it came up again in the featured anthology, just wanted to say, pretty much +1.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Wait why is this tragedy? I feel like people read an entirely different story

joined Dec 11, 2014

I'm... more than mildly confused? I get that the last few pages were added a long while after most of the story was already up and so invalidates the comments to some degree, but I feel like I missed a whole lot of comments because things quickly escalated from "this was pretty cute" to "stupid yuri fans and their victimization" and "friendzoning" and "the ending was horrible" and "Matsuri was straight" despite the obvious cues and...? Page 22 is more than enough in a yuri publication to point to good end, and even without the extra last pages, I don't think there was much to complain about besides it not being super conclusive (which is more of a matter of taste and preferences)?...

Although, in a different note about the "yuri fan's paranoia", I HAVE been treated to the "miracle" that is a boy being in only two or three pages and showing romantic interest and then not popping up again until the yuri manga just stops at the bad end wherein one of the two main characters dates/marries him after time skip... It was pretty terrible.

joined May 20, 2013

Wait why is this tragedy?

I admit thinking about that Tragedy may not be the most fitting tag. Just something along the lines. Like Drama rather than Romance, as well as Aaaaaangst and/or Yuri crush rather than plain Yuri. My reasoning is that while the original ending left space for wishful thinking about Matsuri coping with the situation without much damage, the extra pages appear to depict more of an unspeakable rejection than embarrassment or guilt. How Koyuki sees it depends heavily on the interpretation of her last lines, but I can read into it that, after their earlier relationship was permanently ruined, things may stay like that until either she has to give up on Matsuri for any chance of not being avoided, or she'll be pushed away completely. I'm glad because it seems people can interpret it differently, with a positive outlook. Personally, the tags don't matter to me that much I'd insist on changing them. I came to expect seeing something mutual in Romance stories, but I have no intention of arguing about whether or not it can be found in this with anyone, just expressed my own opinion, possibly too plainly earlier.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Although, in a different note about the "yuri fan's paranoia", I HAVE been treated to the "miracle" that is a boy being in only two or three pages and showing romantic interest and then not popping up again until the yuri manga just stops at the bad end wherein one of the two main characters dates/marries him after time skip... It was pretty terrible.

You're talking about "Happy End"? Cause if not I'm curious about what manga you're talking about.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

The major conflict of the story is her inability to get Matsuri to take her protestations of love seriously. By the end of the story this is clearly no longer the case; it's been resolved in a positive direction. In no sense is this a tragic arc.

If you think the point of the extra is "rejection," all I can say is you misread it.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Its awfull to leave things this way... The Author is just too cruel( coz its not that obvious that the love is requited after all ((( damn. I'm depressed

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

Gulf

If you think the point of the extra is "rejection," all I can say is you misread it.

Shion

Its awfull to leave things this way... The Author is just too cruel( coz its not that obvious that the love is requited after all ((( damn. I'm depressed

It's been a while since I've re-re-re-re-re-read this and I don't think there's any rejection; there's no conclusion at all. I thought so earlier, but the last comments leave it fairly vague, she's aware of her, and maybe afraid of her(?) but her actual intentions or inclinations aren't shown from her perspective. It could go either way. It ends on a wistful note, but it doesn't show anything about there being no hope.

last edited at Jan 7, 2016 3:25PM

joined Dec 11, 2014

You're talking about "Happy End"? Cause if not I'm curious about what manga you're talking about.

Yep. That's it. That's the one. There it is.
Man, fuck Happy End.

And I've thought about it again a bit more.
While this one is entirely open-ended, there's not much reason to say that they necessarily didn't get together, and even less reason to say that their relationship was any more than probably temporarily strained.
Think about it for a second. There's no end on the manga. Matsuri didn't pick up the boy's letter again (or at least it wasn't shown) and at no point did it suggest she thought about the boy again. Matsuri is evasive from Koyuki and tends to blush heavily when they do actually interact. Matsuri doesn't seem to be rejecting or denying Koyuki and, unless wham sudden curveball additional part and character development with no previous hints, she doesn't seem to have any sort of condition or anxiety that would actually cause her to be (nearly) unable to tell Koyuki that she's not interested. This is a yuri publication, filled with yuri girls and yuri in general, to be sold to an audience that likes yuri and probably doesn't like getting teased and then heavily rejected/denied of yuri.

While it could theoretically end up not being yuri, I think it'd be a bit silly to consider it such, and it'd be even sillier (or maybe just stupid) if it really did end as something other than yuri.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

PaperCrease posted:

While it could theoretically end up not being yuri,

It is Yuri. W/e Matsuri accepts or rejects Koyuki, it is still Yuri. Yuri doesn't mean (as some seems to think) "story that ends with lesbian couple". Yuri is story focused on 1 or more lesbian characters, usually containing romance. According to your post, all those drama and annnnnnnnnngst manga we have here aren't yuri, because it ends with girl being rejected/never confessing her feelings.

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 7:58AM

joined Dec 3, 2013

Koyuki's adorable~
The ending thou- >.>
Sigh.

joined Dec 11, 2014

It is Yuri. W/e Matsuri accepts or rejects Koyuki, it is still Yuri. Yuri doesn't mean (as some seems to think) "story that ends with lesbian couple". Yuri is story focused on 1 or more lesbian characters, usually containing romance. According to your post, all those drama and annnnnnnnnngst manga we have here aren't yuri, because it ends with girl being rejected/never confessing her feelings.

Right, right, sorry. I just end up getting so bored and annoyed with that kind of thing cuz' 's not in my tastes so I only end up reading it when I'm caught off guard because tags. Lemme correct myself.

While it could theoretically end up without the two main characters being a yuri couple, I think it'd be a bit silly to consider that as a decently likely possibility, and it'd be even sillier (or maybe just stupid) if it really did end up that way.

I also forgot to mention something else in my comment. The tone of the manga. Does the general tone of the manga really lean towards sad or tragic? Is it really so heavily drenched in misery that there's no way they could've become a couple at the end there?

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

It's been a while since I've re-re-re-re-re-read this and I don't think there's any rejection; there's no conclusion at all. I thought so earlier, but the last comments leave it fairly vague, she's aware of her, and maybe afraid of her(?) but her actual intentions or inclinations aren't shown from her perspective. It could go either way. It ends on a wistful note, but it doesn't show anything about there being no hope.

Imagine you are the main character girl. And love of your life's avoiding you, when talking its two words and cute reaction - sweet but painfull. And stay all hanging up without uknow "final release" in this uncertainty is unbearable (
oh I'm taking it too close to my heart :< sequel I need sequel

last edited at Jan 17, 2016 7:32PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

well, it is sad but it's not like she's saying "ew" or "gross" or telling their friends, oh heck how many times have I seen that in yuri manga? but, I do feel like it needs a continuation

last edited at Jan 11, 2017 3:16AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Blushing! :D

Blushing! :D

Way too much blushing! >:(

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

I for one believe they would end up together later. And I'd very much love to see it happen.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I love it. I like that it leaves the nature of the conclusion up to the imagination, and I'm definitely confident things will work out, but I would definitely enjoy a sequel, just to see more of these two.

last edited at Sep 23, 2018 5:27AM

joined Dec 30, 2018

that credit page though

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

the conclusion (mostly) is hopeful as it feels to me like Matsuri is soo adorably embarrassed whenever she gets close to Koyuki now (her actions suggest to me that she's developed a fluffy and possibly lewd train of thought) however the absolute lack of communication seems to be giving Koyuki a potentially wrong idea. The non-conclusive ending is a bummer because of that.
It feels to me like they got half way or so through doing this story then decided (for whatever reason) not to properly finish it to a decent conclusion

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

This is good yuri.

joined Feb 16, 2020

i dont mind a longer version with extended unnecessary plot arcs etc THATS SO CUTE

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

I really like this one, but it should have a second part! I've seen this kind of thing before, they're supposed to dance around each other for a bit until Matsuri realizes she's hurting Koyuki and is forced to confront her feelings and then they kiss. Where is it!

To reply you must either login or sign up.