Forum › Transient Dreams of Transient Things discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I don't really like prostitution, but this was oddly cute...

Screen%20shot%202015-01-02%20at%2011.59.56%20pm
joined Jun 4, 2015

i said it on batoto and ill say it again for the gays over here >:( yes there are condoms for sex between girls and yes you should god damn use them

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Tamamusi!!
I don't mind prostitution, cus when it's yuri, it'll probably end on a cute note
(just think of the possibilities for the plot!)

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 12:38AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

i said it on batoto and ill say it again for the gays over here >:( yes there are condoms for sex between girls and yes you should god damn use them

Hey, tell me more :O
What kinds?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

What kinds?

The only ones I can think of are finger condoms and dental dam. The only reason I know that is from this Madoka comic though so there are probably more.

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 12:50AM

joined Jun 4, 2015

What kinds?

The main two contenders are oral barriers and digital barriers, they're purely for decreasing risk of STI and its a good idea for any encounter where you're not sure of a person's sexual history (remember to get your STI tests regularily!!!). Any sex parties or sexual health organizations worth their salt will provide both.

Oral barriers (or dental dams as their most known as) are simple pieces of latex or plastic used to cover the genital areas while performing oral sex, both anal and vaginal. clear plastic ones are the nicest cause you can see what you're doing and if you put some water based lube in between the skin and the dam it feels almost as good as direct contact. You can get them from medical supply stores or queer friendly sex shops, or you can make your own by cutting the tip off a condom and slitting it open, forming a square of easy to use pre lubed latex. I've tried using siran wrap (clear kitchen wrap) before but honestly it's such a pain in the ass i don't recommend it, it sticks to everything and sucks to deal with.

Digital barriers are anything that cover your fingers (digits, obviously) and can range from gloves to small condoms for fingers called finger cots. Again these only lower the risk of contact with body fluids so they aint gonna do shit if you lick them off at some point (hot tip, get your partner to lick their own fluids off them huhuhu) great tools for anal play or if you have a hangnail or exposed cut on a finger you don't want to risk.

or if all that is too much wash your hands put condoms on your sex toys and get tested regularly do it girls!

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 12:58AM

joined Aug 19, 2012

what exactly are strawberries?

joined Dec 7, 2013

Hm, on the topic of safe sex between girls, this is something I've been thinking about for a while. In real life, the only time any girl has ever brought up safety has been regarding condoms on toys being used by multiple people without washing inbetween. I've genuinely neither met nor slept with a single girl that's ever used (or asked to use) dental dams, gloves, or cots.

And yet, it seems every other girl I speak to online is insistent that these should be used like all the time.

Which leads me to consider a couple different conclusions. Either online lesbian/bi/etc forums just have a large oversampling of girls that are very very pro-safe sex, or I've just so happened to never meet one IRL despite there being so many around, or people like to pretend to be super safe and responsible online but actually don't care when it comes down to it IRL.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

What kinds?

The main two contenders are oral barriers and digital barriers, they're purely for decreasing risk of STI and its a good idea for any encounter where you're not sure of a person's sexual history (remember to get your STI tests regularily!!!). Any sex parties or sexual health organizations worth their salt will provide both.

Oral barriers (or dental dams as their most known as) are simple pieces of latex or plastic used to cover the genital areas while performing oral sex, both anal and vaginal. clear plastic ones are the nicest cause you can see what you're doing and if you put some water based lube in between the skin and the dam it feels almost as good as direct contact. You can get them from medical supply stores or queer friendly sex shops, or you can make your own by cutting the tip off a condom and slitting it open, forming a square of easy to use pre lubed latex. I've tried using siran wrap (clear kitchen wrap) before but honestly it's such a pain in the ass i don't recommend it, it sticks to everything and sucks to deal with.

Digital barriers are anything that cover your fingers (digits, obviously) and can range from gloves to small condoms for fingers called finger cots. Again these only lower the risk of contact with body fluids so they aint gonna do shit if you lick them off at some point (hot tip, get your partner to lick their own fluids off them huhuhu) great tools for anal play or if you have a hangnail or exposed cut on a finger you don't want to risk.

A tip about kitchen plastic wrap as a barrier: there are kinds that are permeable and basically do nothing to block STIs so be aware if you intend to resort to that. This page says it's the microwavable kind that lets things through, and also has basic info on barriers: https://www.optionsforsexualhealth.org/sexual-health/sexually-transmitted-infections/barriers/oral-dams

joined Mar 23, 2013

Hm, on the topic of safe sex between girls, this is something I've been thinking about for a while. In real life, the only time any girl has ever brought up safety has been regarding condoms on toys being used by multiple people without washing inbetween. I've genuinely neither met nor slept with a single girl that's ever used (or asked to use) dental dams, gloves, or cots.

And yet, it seems every other girl I speak to online is insistent that these should be used like all the time.

Which leads me to consider a couple different conclusions. Either online lesbian/bi/etc forums just have a large oversampling of girls that are very very pro-safe sex, or I've just so happened to never meet one IRL despite there being so many around, or people like to pretend to be super safe and responsible online but actually don't care when it comes down to it IRL.

It's another case of "do as I say, not as I do".

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

For anyone wondering about other forms of protection: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodies/all_the_barriers_all_the_time

I'm glad to see so much encouragement of safe sex online. There's a lot of misunderstandings surrounding STIs, especially when there's no penis involved, since it's so poorly covered in sex ed, haha. That explains why people are so gung-ho on the internet about it, though. They want to make up for everyone's awful education.

Also thumbs up very cute manga. And nice to see such a casual approach to casual sex. I'm looking forward to more.

Acd34ecdb4f42e680ecf6b00cff43477
joined Sep 15, 2015

This is cute & awesome.
Looking forward for more updates.
Make it reeeeeal fast :>

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

Underaged schoolgirl looking to sell her body to some 30 year old guy? Am I reading this right? And according to her comments she has done it with other guys before?

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

there are condoms for sex between girls

Well, it's been brought up on the artist's pixiv as well.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=35347811

Her reply was that it's part of the setting that they are people who aren't sensitive to STIs, though it's seems more like jokingly making an excuse.
She does give them a fitting background in future chapters though.

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 1:51AM

Fb_img_1463531415848
joined Nov 30, 2015

I remember reading something like this a few months ago, a girl who worked at a flower shop and saved money to sleep with the girl she liked and then that girl did not want the money ?.

Anyway this was kind of interesting, want to read more!

joined Sep 21, 2014

Thanks for the sex ed, guys, this isn't something I've ever heard mentioned in class
I'll keep this manga's discussion in mind haha

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Not a fan of Enko.

joined Jun 4, 2015

I remember reading something like this a few months ago, a girl who worked at a flower shop and saved money to sleep with the girl she liked and then that girl did not want the money ?.

Anyway this was kind of interesting, want to read more!

You're thinking of Not For Sale by Amano Shuninta, a v cute read.

I think it's mostly because it's a generally pretty new thing. It took 30 years to convince gay men to wear condoms and it'll probably take just as long for safe sex between women to become commonplace

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

Yeah, that's a one-shot by Shuninta: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/not_for_sale

The lack of use of dental dams and such in real life is understandable. There's no risk of pregnancy and unlike MSM, WSW have the lowest incidence of passing on STDs. There is mostly no need to make a big deal out of it unless you're fairly promiscuous. The girl in this story seems to regularly have sex with male strangers so it may have been a reasonable precaution, but then, it's fiction...

Light_blue_429604_i0
joined Sep 28, 2014

Perhaps a bisexual tag would fit here?

joined Oct 11, 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry

joined Aug 19, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry

I don't mean literally. Whats the implications of two strawberries?

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 3:25AM

joined Sep 11, 2014

Perhaps a bisexual tag would fit here?

I think the bisexual tag is used more to warn yuri enthusiasts of male and female romantic or sexual interactions. There's not really any males introduced yet and her past prostitution flings weren't drawn out. She seems more interested in money than anything, prior to sleeping with the office lady, so maybe she doesn't even like guys. A similar work done by the artist shuninta also didn't have the bisexual tag.

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 3:24AM

joined Sep 11, 2014

I don't think anyone likes prostitution in real life but without any struggle or scandal, there wouldn't be a good story. I think as long as everything is consenting and safe, then there's not really anything to judge

To reply you must either login or sign up.