Forum › Sakura Trick discussion

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

Chapter 36? I thought extras didn't count as chapters so this should be ch35 right? And this is volume 5 right?

It's hard to count chapters by numbering them continuously since extra chapters exist. This is the reason we went to the volume # and chapter # format. We counted the previous extra chapter since it's, well, a chapter part of the story. This chapter is officially the 1st chapter of volume 5, or the 36th chapter in all of Sakura Trick manga.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I see, a little confusing since all other stories which have extras don't count them towards the story chapters, even if they do contribute to the overall story. And seeing a leap from ch34 to chapter 36, people would think there's a chapter missing.

last edited at Oct 18, 2015 8:46AM

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

I see, a little confusing since all other stories which have extras don't count them towards the story chapters, even if they do contribute to the overall story.

Admittedly this is our first venture into scanlation and ST is our first manga series, so we were not sure how to handle the numbering of chapters. We just went to what we think that made sense.

And seeing a leap from ch34 to chapter 36, people would think there's a chapter missing.

We maintained our format of numbering chapters, so I think there's little concern if people read past the credits and saw that we numbered the chapters accordingly. But still I made a note in our release post and I hope that'll lessen the confusion.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Fair enough. Someone from the group mentioned that there was a chance to translate the manga from the start or at least from where it was left off. Is that still planned?

It bugs me. For completionists sake xD

last edited at Oct 18, 2015 10:31AM

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

Fair enough. Someone from the group mentioned that there was a chance to translate the manga from the start or at least from where it was left off. Is that still planned?

It bugs me. For completionists sake xD

Unless we find a translator willing to work on older chapters, you won't see them until ST is over. We currently can't afford to work on the older chapters while working on the new ones.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Yuu is love, Haruka still an SBJK and Yuzu's nearly getting it, well maybe.

Thanks for the release SHiN, have you been following the ST twitter lately?

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

Yuu is love, Haruka still an SBJK and Yuzu's nearly getting it, well maybe.

Thanks for the release SHiN, have you been following the ST twitter lately?

No (I mainly use twitter for doujinshi information and Aikatsu fan art), but I'm periodically checking the threads at /u/ for info. The recent tweets I'm aware of implies that ST may get another TV season or OVA or something else.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Itd be great to see more animated sakura trick...but im also enjoying the manga, its too bad the earlier chs wont get worked since id like to read them(theres always a difference between material and what's televised...)

joined Apr 30, 2014

A new star is born

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Good to see that Kaede's chances with Yuzu have raised a little.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

So I think all doubt that Tachi is conscientiously using Kaede and Yuzu as starting out heavily subtextual is gone now.

Thank you bunches ShiN and the rest of Lazy Lily.

joined Jul 31, 2013

I love this manga, and I hope we are getting more anime. I don't understand the compulsion to make enormous posts full of inane gripes about a series you dislike when there are things you enjoy that you could talk that much about. Also, the idea that Sakura Trick is "unquestionably praised" in yuri circles is so fucking laughable. It's almost as if elevating one's personal views as a lone voice of reason next to a sea of ignorance is a common, shallow way of asserting your opinion through rhetoric alone.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

That actually makes sense for Mitsuki's character, that she was concerned for Yuu, I was thinking she made a dick move asking to invite Haruka, glad I was wrong.

@Juice
Just wanna say thanks for speaking out, every time this thread gets bumped more hate comments just flow in, not of any constructive kind either, it's getting pretty ridiculous.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ooh they're back to the issue of the "special onee san" ... I was really worried about Yuu, how would she react? she is definitely going to misunderstand the whole thing and Haruka can't read that far ahead before acting because she doesn't understand the relationship yet...
Hopefully, Shizuki will unintentionally make her understand more about love.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Even for ST's standards this chapter was very contrived and dumb.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

What happened to chapter 35?

also why is chapter 37 tagged Haruka x Yuu?

last edited at Nov 12, 2015 12:29PM

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Right there, between chapter 34 and 36.

Wait, who's this gurl Sumi Mitsuki's talking about?? That 'indeed'-gurl maybe?...did Haruka and Sumi have some suspicious moments that made Mitsuki worry about her sis perhaps being cheated on(i meam if YuuxHaruka are dating now)??!? O_O

I'd LOVE to see moooore of YuzuxKaede...they should get real REAL CLOSER in their relationship like the others too... >~<

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Really like how Yuzu was going meltdown from all the unambiguous gayness going on around her.

...did Haruka and Sumi have some suspicious moments that made Mitsuki worry about her sis perhaps being cheated on

Haruka treats Sumi-sumi as her younger sister. Mitsuki, overactive mind as usual, probably got the impression that they were going out from Sumi's messages. And yes, she's the 'indeed' girl.

last edited at Nov 12, 2015 6:00PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

For what it's worth, I agree with this reviewer.

http://kotaku.com/sakura-trick-is-my-favorite-anime-of-the-winter-season-1555155750
* A Real Love Story
* Human, Flawed Characters
The rest of the points aren't as vital. I think the anime and manga both have subtle characterizations and the two protagonists are in their own world and write their own rules.
Yuu knows Haruka is jealous and clingy with her, she risked her life to save Haruka, Haruka has asked Yuu to marry her twice and the second time, Yuu agreed (the fact that she's willing to marry Haruka is exactly what set off their uneasiness with each other). The second time they got uneasy was when they did their usual make-out session and told each other they love each other. Whenever their feelings get too intense, they both get scared. Even though ostensibly it's all about kissing, in reality it's all about feelings. Rina, Mitsuki, Yuu and Haruka all run on their feelings and often confuse themselves. That's what makes it such a good romantic comedy. And Yuu and Haruka suit each other much more than most character pairs do.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Right there, between chapter 34 and 36.

This made me laugh way more than the actual new chapter, something is seriously wrong with Sakura Trick now

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

I do indeed need a Translators note for these "Indeeds" indeed. Is it a "Desuyo" thing or is it some other manner of Japanese grammar going on?

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

Here's the new chapter of Sakura Trick, freshly translated. Merry Christmas, everyone.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Here's the new chapter of Sakura Trick, freshly translated. Merry Christmas, everyone.

Thank you for your work! I really do love Sakura Trick, even though so many people on this site seem to hate it. It's quite sweet really, in my opinion.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Merry Christmas. Orange-chan was pretty cute this time. Haruka seems to enjoy making Yuu watch horror.

To reply you must either login or sign up.