Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Never got into this because I didn't care for the main paring at all. Still don't. It's not the worst but foeyay is just that off putting. Nothing against those who like them. The side pairings are great. More than worth it.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I do like that this series focuses a lot on the side couples even tho the main couple is in my fave, but since we do get a lot of screen time of the main two in the midst of other's chapters I don't mind so much. It's especially nice because it's little insights into their continuing rivalry/relationship as it goes along, and you just know the author is saving their great chapters for later.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

We have the raw of chapter 18. \o\

A strange chapter… pretty cute overall, and I like the new girl, but I don't really see what she brings to the story, outside of having a genuine and non-belligerent crush on Yurine. I guess my opinion on this chapter will depend on the influence Kaoru will have on the story later on (if she has any).

Though the chapter may be worth it for this panel alone. > http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/597705Kaorusourire.jpg

last edited at Nov 3, 2015 9:17PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

A strange chapter… pretty cute overall, and I like the new girl, but I don't really see what she brings to the story, outside of having a genuine and non-belligerent crush on Yurine.

Tsunderes don't like having rivals. It forces them to act immediately.

joined Jul 16, 2015

I don't understand why Moe was crying at the end of Chapter 17. Was she happy or sad Mizuki could run on her own? I honestly couldn't follow her logic for the past couple of chapters...

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I would say it's a bit of both? She's happy that Mizuki can run on her own, but sad that she no longer "needs" her as a reason to run. I… think?

That's an issue in Canno's writing: sometimes they want to be too minimalistic and end up writing in an overly vague or ambiguous way. :\ There are some lines that I don't get myself when I translate the chapters, honestly (like Yukina's line when she kisses Towako in chap 15).

last edited at Nov 20, 2015 12:47PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Huh, reading the voice actors' interviews for the second Drama CD, it seems it contains developments, and even a conclusion that the manga hasn't reached yet regarding Izumi and Chiraru (these interviews are strangely filled with spoilers)… I hope that doesn't mean that Canno is gonna tell us "listen to the goddamn CDs if you want to know what happens to these two."

edit: By the way, if you're wondering why chap 18 is taking so long, that's because I currently don't have access to Photoshop, and thus cannot typeset the chapter… so until this is fixed, I'm stuck. =[

last edited at Dec 5, 2015 11:10AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Lyendith, there's always torrents

Also for those curious, the first Drama CD has been uploaded. The link is on the /u/ 'yuri drama cd general' thread.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Second Drama CD has been uploaded as well. Same place. Third one is next year.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yay, thanks a bunch! \o/ Ugh... 4chan is such a pain to navigate. >.>

Just listened to them.

First CD: It apparently happens between chap 15 and 16 and is centered on Moe and Mizuki. Mizuki and Moe's voices are perfect, at least once the actors get the hang of it. Ayaka is a tad too "dere" and Yurine... doesn't speak much in this CD (or in the other one), but I found her voice too high-pitched, though not totally unfitting. Also, we learn than Moe has a big brother... so there IS a male population in their world. =O

Second CD... Chiharu's voice is a lot softer and warmer than I expected. And Izumi's a lot deeper. They almost sound out of character, especially the former... Ai's was ear-grating at first, but she adjusted it a bit. Sounds a bit like Yuki in Gakkou Gurashi. It seems to happen at around the same time as CD 1...

CD2 leaves a really strange feeling. It's cute and there's development but... a development that I just can't imagine happening in the manga, at least not in that way. Chiharu acting all shy, talking in that sweet voice to Izumi and confessing her love to her sounds so... un-Chiharuish? Last time we saw them in the manga, there was no hint yet that she reciprocated Izumi's feelings, but in the CD she's all deredere... why? There's clearly a step missing there.

PS: We have the cast for the 3rd CD by the way. It will be Shiraishi Ryouko for Yukina and... Nakahara Mai for Towako? USO DA!!!

last edited at Dec 18, 2015 7:34PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Okay, I'll try to get chapter 18 done this week, but the chapters after that will be another story. Comic Alive issues have become awfully hard to get.

It annoys me because I would have like to release chapter 18 and 19 at the same time to have the Kaoru mini-arc in one go, but that won't be possible…

(and apparently chapter 20 is focused on Moe and Mizuki again. https://twitter.com/anokonikiss/status/680688501843570688 )

joined Oct 12, 2013

new girl having a crush on Yurine

I can't be the only one going "ugh", can I?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Dunno, but Kaoru is admittedly adorable. =] But yeah… It would be nice if Canno did something to, I don't know, remind us that Ayaka is supposed to be a main character…?

I've gotten back Photoshop, as well as chapter 19, so I might be able to release 18 and 19 simultaneously during this month. Maybe.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Dunno, but Kaoru is admittedly adorable. =] But yeah… It would be nice if Canno did something to, I don't know, remind us that Ayaka is supposed to be a main character…?

I've gotten back Photoshop, as well as chapter 19, so I might be able to release 18 and 19 simultaneously during this month. Maybe.

Totally forgot this series is on-going.
Please pretty please update it.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

They're translated and typeset, just waiting for check now.

Aaand, I've got the raw of chapter 20, that concludes volume 4. It wraps up Moe and Mizuki's arc for good, and with gusto − it might be my favorite chapter so far, actually.

Chap 21 will only come out next month.

last edited at Jan 19, 2016 7:58PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I know I've said that a lot already but… chapter 18 is almost done. I just don't know what's taking the goddamn proofreading so long. =___=

On a sidenote I bought Canno's story collection "Cider to Nakimushi" online. It's not hugely different from their style in AnoKiss, but… still a bit. There are 5 stories. And one of them has gasp A MALE CHARACTER IN IT. Ô.Ô I liked it at any rate, despite the generally vague endings. I was a bit surprised that the volume was published by Yuri Hime, considering AnoKiss runs in the Comic Alive.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

We have the raw of chapter 18. \o\
[...]

Nuuuh don't spoil D;

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chapter 18 is up in French on Batoto, for those who can read it. =3

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Thanks. as usual, no progress

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chapter 18 and 19 are up. Chapter 20 should follow soon.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

This is way over my head. There are too many characters I can't possibly keep up with lol

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I feel bad for her, is not the typical "Is never too late" ... She really is too late. Well, if she only want to stay as friend is different

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

So goats eating letters are something known.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Just wanted to say thanks for the updates! It's one of my favourite ongoing manga. Looking forward to more Kurosawa/Shiramine - the dynamics of their relationship is just so hilarious and cute at the same time.

joined Aug 6, 2015

I'm real tired of saying "I hope the next arc develops the main couple."

I think I hate this author. This whole series is nothing but a bait and switch. Sell me on the premise, then deliver nothing but side characters. I feel like a broken record with how many times I've said the same thing in comments here about this series. Ugh...

To reply you must either login or sign up.