Forum › Anime season

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm looking forward to koneko complaining about it.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

well crap........

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrTaVV0Hkng

Kyonne, where are thou :<<

Is this good enough for now? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Put more backbone into it Soldier, this isn't nearly enough ham

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Thiaguinho-sama

RWBY s3 begins.

Didn't someone mention in a thread that the creator of RWBY said it was going to have het romance for Weiss eventually? Wonder if it's now on S3 that they will do this shit, sigh...

Even though Ruby X Weiss is the most popular (I think) creators actually confirmed being interested in making yuri couple but Yang X Blake. At least they confirmed that if anything yuri-ish were to happen it would be between those two.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Even though Ruby X Weiss is the most popular (I think) creators actually confirmed being interested in making yuri couple but Yang X Blake. At least they confirmed that if anything yuri-ish were to happen it would be between those two.

It is more like that the yuri fandom in this show is so big that they have to add some form of yuri. I guess the creators would rather have their self inserts (even voiced by them) get the girls.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

I don't think the voice actors really get the final say. I mean Weiss' VA ships Weiss x Jaune.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I don't think the voice actors really get the final say. I mean Weiss' VA ships Weiss x Jaune.

I mean the writers. Neptune is voiced by one of the writers.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I mean the writers. Neptune is voiced by one of the writers.

That just ramps the hell out of the skeeviness factor, don't it?

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Good thing I'm not big on RWBY then.

On the other hand, there's this huge urge to ship Weiss/Ruby. I don't know where it's coming from, honestly, it was the only thing that got me going through 2 seasons.

last edited at Oct 28, 2015 12:54PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Didn't someone mention in a thread that the creator of RWBY said it was going to have het romance for Weiss eventually?

So much citation going on here...

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

So basically it's a case of the writers doing what they want vs doing what the fans want?

I've never actually seen RWBY (I've read quite a bit of fanfiction but that doesn't count) and while I'd love for Ruby x Weiss to be canon, it should really fall under what the writers want to do with their work rather than just giving into the fans.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

What I always wondered, if absolutly nobody asked for it and nobody liked it, was it still a good call to stick to their guns?

last edited at Oct 28, 2015 4:19PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Fipse

It is more like that the yuri fandom in this show is so big that they have to add some form of yuri. I guess the creators would rather have their self inserts (even voiced by them) get the girls.

I don't remember where I heard/read it but it was more like creators confronting "make Ruby x Wiess cannon" and said they are not against cannon lesbian couple but are more interested to do it with Yang x Blake as they think they have real chemistry and they even went as far as saying Yang is lesbian. It might be my memories playing tricks on me but I'm sure at least about them saying they want to make lesbian couple, whatever between which main characters.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

What I always wondered, if absolutly nobody asked for it and nobody liked it,

is that really the case tho?
Or is it a vocal minority? Because, believe it or not, that is usually the case in these situations.

was it still a good call to stick to their guns?

Creative control should reside upon the writers, they have their own vision. In cases where there is flexibility, sure, its good to take the audience's feedback. But completely abiding by what a group of people want is not really how things should be handled. You will never satisfy everybody, and letting yourself get tugged around in different directions can only end in disaster.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

What I always wondered, if absolutly nobody asked for it and nobody liked it,

is that really the case tho?
Or is it a vocal minority? Because, believe it or not, that is usually the case in these situations.

That's a good question, from what I read in some places it doesn't seen to be a minority who wants yuri, my problem with it having romance, specially het, is that from what I read the girls don't show any interest in the guys, aparently they even feel annoyed when they try to flirt with them, so puting romance now might feel forced since it seens they didn't have any progress at all with the girls.

If we go by what is on TV Tropes, I doubt Yang is a lesbian, from the character page there:

Female Gaze: Not exactly shy about admiring the opposite sex with the co-ed bunking in Beacon.
Yang: It's like a big slumber party!
Ruby: I don't think Dad would approve of all the boys, though.
Yang: I know I do! [purrs]

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Creative control should reside upon the writers, they have their own vision. In cases where there is flexibility, sure, its good to take the audience's feedback. But completely abiding by what a group of people want is not really how things should be handled. You will never satisfy everybody, and letting yourself get tugged around in different directions can only end in disaster.

Well, that's true in theory but taking in the wishes of the audience is one of the things I prefer about western media compared to Japanese stuff. And in the end, the writers are writing for the audience, not themselves. Glee tried to fuck with their audiences and by the end nobody was watching anymore.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

That's a good questionn, from what I read in some places it doesn't seen to be a minority who wants yuri.

Can't really gauge that, it is indeed safer to assume it is a vocal minority.

Those who would disagree are the quiet ones, quiet because there is no reason to speak out yet. Also those who like it as it is, without the show pushing too hard for romance keeping it as a gag-of-sorts. Chances are that they might turn out to be the majority.

so puting romance now might feel forced since it seens they didn't have any progress at all with the girls.

Actually any kind of romance would be pretty forced. it would be pretty cheap and out of place. Given that its just gags.

Well, that's true in theory but taking in the wishes of the audience is one of the things I prefer about western media compared to Japanese stuff. And in the end, the writers are writing for the audience, not themselves. Glee tried to fuck with their audiences and by the end nobody was watching anymore.

ofc they are writing for an audience... but what I am saying is not a theory. The audience cannot be the ones that decide where this goes. As I said, creators can take the feedback- decide what THEY think would be better. It's their show, they have their vision for it. Not taking feedback does not mean they wanna fuck over their audience. And those who are vocal do not represent the entire audience, neither are they a good enough sample size to determine a general opinion.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

ofc they are writing for an audience... but what I am saying is not a theory. The audience cannot be the ones that decide where this goes. As I said, creators can take the feedback- decide what THEY think would be better. It's their show, they have their vision for it. Not taking feedback does not mean they wanna fuck over their audience. And those who are vocal do not represent the entire audience, neither are they a good enough sample size to determine a general opinion.

It's not like these kind of shows have a strong direction in writing, pardon me saying. If anything, it reminds me Naruto where they just kept piling on more new plot points as they go along. Like you said, the romance feels out of place and that's because none of it really ties together with the rest of the story, it's like things which just happened because.

I'm not a strong advocate of audience guiding the story (e.g. ham-fisted KyouSaya in rebellion when all we saw of them previously was trying to kill each other). But this seems like the kind of plot which actually allows for something like that to work.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

It's not like these kind of shows have a strong direction in writing, pardon me saying.

rock ur socks off, a friend made me watch it long ago and the writing was shit, cringe-worthy. I never picked it up for myself after that :p

But this seems like the kind of plot which actually allows for something like that to work.

Ehhh, I disagree. Trying to string things along will make the already shoddy writing collapse in on itself. It barely holds together as it is.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

ofc they are writing for an audience... but what I am saying is not a theory. The audience cannot be the ones that decide where this goes.

That way lies Homestuck.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

You forgot the part where the creator decided to take the main plot by his own hands cuz things were not gonna work out well by fan input.

Sure you can have your cute lil project receiving input by a small group of ppl, but the more ppl there are the more directions it will be pulled on. Where disaster ensues.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You forgot the part where the creator decided to take the main plot by his own hands cuz things were not gonna work out well by fan input.

Sure you can have your cute lil project receiving input by a small group of ppl, but the more ppl there are the more directions it will be pulled on. Where disaster ensues.

And by disaster we mean Twitch Plays Pokemon.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

It's not like we're talking major plot points here, we're talking about shipping. Grey's Anatomy goes by chemistry between the actors so it's gotta be possible to go by shipping wishes as well. Lost Girl did it.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Anyone else going to watch/have watched the new Ghost in the Shell movie? I'm planning on watching it with my dad and brother next week.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

That one's done by the Arise team, right? I didn't like the OVAs and have been avoiding the rest of it

To reply you must either login or sign up.