Forum › Stretch discussion

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

Very good news, the fourth volume will be published on 11 December.

Amazon Japan

According to the product description, the fourth volume will contain an epilogue and consist of 152 pages.

last edited at Oct 22, 2015 12:57PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Amazon Japan

According to the product description, the fourth volume will contain an epilogue and consist of 152 pages.

And I will be baited again

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

And I will be baited again

Something like this?

Dynasty

Yes, I can imagine people in this place again demanding the head of Shou because of their horrible crimes against yuri, manga and good writing and meanwhile I will defend him.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

some ended up disappointing by their delusions.

Uuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh

Do you mean Ran's delusions, per chance?

Also, I can't believe no one's explicitly called this out yet...THE PARALLEL OMG RAN

Dream

Reality

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can't see how an epilogue would solve the issues I have with the ending, which don't include "they didn't kiss, get married, have science babies, etc." It's a bit late to give closure on the major plot points that were handwaved at the end, nor the rather sloppy handling of the move in the first place. But it might be nice to at least see them again and know they don't just part and drift away from each other.

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

I would be more than enough to see these two girls living together again regardless of the type relationship, but anyway I would like even more of them as a married couple, well, dreaming is free.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hmm, you know there is a bit of hope. We were discussing editorial manadate earlier, which may have forbidden him from having the girls get together as a couple given it's not a yuri mag at all. That restriction may not apply to the tank, so while I don't expect anything blatant like a kiss or anything, they may end up together again in a more stable arrangement.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Hmm, you know there is a bit of hope. We were discussing editorial manadate earlier, which may have forbidden him from having the girls get together as a couple given it's not a yuri mag at all. That restriction may not apply to the tank, so while I don't expect anything blatant like a kiss or anything, they may end up together again in a more stable arrangement.

You're setting up yourself for more disappointment xD If he is considering a sequel (like he says he does), it's more likely for them to not be together in the end. It may be a visit for a day or two like they discussed in the one chapter.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I can imagine that epilogue.

Keiko and Ran both married to some guys. With babies and everything.
And bonus track, they're now friends with Megu and Hikaru from Prism. Of course, both married with guys.
That would be killing two stones with a bird... or was the other way?

Only then Shou will be accepted in the Olympus of the Trolls where he gonna reign forever and ever.

Alternative ending, he will put a sign saying "Keiko died in way back to her home planet." for real.

joined Nov 30, 2011

That is a possibility Nez but I'm suspecting that they'll be older and kinda like neighbors or something who just happen to spend copious amounts of time with each other. With how Shou ended the main story I kinda get the feeling that they may not be living together exactly. Who knows, we shall see!

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Hmm...I am so glad I never wasted my time with this one O.o

It's still a good series with a lot of teasing, really not much different from something like Nanoha

I think the fact Nanoha has the two continue to be together is what separates them. Keiko leaving...I can see what Shou was trying to get at, what with the whole "Started from the bottom and now we're here" kinda thing, but it honestly was just a pisspoor limp to the finish. I'd forgive him if he hadn't proved how masterful he was at manipulating symbols and circumstances to his will...there were just too many plot holes to let slide in the end.

I absolutly have no sympathy as to why people are not bothering with series because of a relativly harmless ending, Sakura Trick got a lot of flak for this too despite the good comedy, the great compensating of an low budget with clever use of animation and some unique character dynamics you usually don't get

I'm salty towards the Sakura Trick hate too because of all the above and the fact it actually is a very well-developed set of yuri relationships. I think people forget that people need to learn how to love at some point in their life.

This isn't Cross Ange which send shitty morals from the get go

Well tbf, that whole world is fucked up from another dimension. And that was the entire point behind the story...crude and rather blunt, with some storytelling issues but overall it accomplished what it set out to be.

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

hahaha can't stop laughing with flashlight part :D

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

No last bonus chapter?
lame

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Nezchan

Add We never got to see Keiko get closure with her ex, or really show much reaction at all to talking to him, despite it being something hanging over their heads through 90% of the series.

I would even go so far to phrase that We never got to see anything that suggested a change in Keiko's way of dealing with emotions.

Even at the end she was pretty much dead-pan and showed no emotions when her final breaker with her ex was mentioned. She never showed any beginning of coping with the miscarriage and even when Ran was crying herself to sleep she showed no strong reaction. Or when Ran was hugging her in the showed. That was quite unsettling.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan

Add We never got to see Keiko get closure with her ex, or really show much reaction at all to talking to him, despite it being something hanging over their heads through 90% of the series.

I would even go so far to phrase that We never got to see anything that suggested a change in Keiko's way of dealing with emotions.

Even at the end she was pretty much dead-pan and showed no emotions when her final breaker with her ex was mentioned. She never showed any beginning of coping with the miscarriage and even when Ran was crying herself to sleep she showed no strong reaction. Or when Ran was hugging her in the showed. That was quite unsettling.

Well, the bit where Keiko is now comfortable being around children can be taken as an indication of coping with her miscarriage, especially given Ran's reaction to it. But that's only one of those things covered, the rest are still outstanding.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Oh, I just saw that those points have already been discussed. I was reading up old stuff and figured I'd better post before I forget to.

Should teach me to read everything before posting. Still, thank you for your reply! :)

e: and the English keyboard on my tablet seems to be acting up. Such spelling. Wow.

last edited at Oct 30, 2015 12:34PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

no closure with the ex?
I think it's pretty idealistic to have a good talk and go their merry way but that guy was still hung up on her and both had an akward time at the bar, probably suggesting that there will be nothing more to discuss

Not that I expected to see his side of the story with how he acted, after all HE WAS the father...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Amazon Japan

Well, maybe the epilogue will hint at them reuniting.

OR A TIME SKIP AND THEY ARE BOTH MARRIED WITH CHILDREN... (pictures Shou laughing all the way to the bank for his sweet revenge on yuri fans)

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

THAT'S IT??? that's the end??? I'm waiting for more development... how sad....

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

no closure with the ex?

It was resolved offscreen here.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

no closure with the ex?

Show, don't tell.

joined Apr 20, 2013

"until next time"? shaking hands?

pffft! SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW!

last edited at Nov 3, 2015 2:13PM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

no closure with the ex?

Show, don't tell.

Shou never tells. Hell, he barely shows anymore!!!

Sorry, can't help it!!

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I really didn't want this to join my list of good series with horrible endings. ;~;

joined Oct 26, 2014

What? What was even the point of that ending? If he'd ended it when Keiko gave Ran her birthday present, that would have been a better ending. That is to say, the series would have ended better had he not written an end to it at all. Honestly, the ending just feels pointless. It does nothing for development or the story. It literally just ends everything. How disappointing.

I'm not saying this because I feel like I was taken in by subtext. I don't. It wasn't subtext. It was clear canon. Their relationship was extremely well written. By the end, it was obvious in their actions and thought that were shown that they were two people in love, and it was that slow progression toward love that made the series better and better as went on. The series showed us more and more instances of their emotions for and their caring about each other as they went from friends to something more. This growth was something the other characters saw and a number commented on. It was something only the two main characters didn't accept, as it moved steadily toward a sense of climax. And the conclusion to it? Absolutely nothing. Actually, literally less than nothing, as it took away from the development built up in the series.

It's frankly a poor way to end any story, and a sad way to see one as good as this one had been end. What we're left with isn't a story that spent it's entire time playing with subtext and/or baiting. We're left with a story of two women who fell in love but never faced their feelings for each other and let themselves be separated through their own actions with no resistance despite how clearly neither of them liked the thought of being separated, despite how clearly they both wanted to stay together.

To reply you must either login or sign up.