Forum › Stretch discussion

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Got Volume 4 today. 5 pages with 9 4-komas is what appears after the last chapter.

Yuri stuff, stretches or nothing really relevant?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Got Volume 4 today. 5 pages with 9 4-komas is what appears after the last chapter.

Well, in one panel of "Question" Ran is feeding Keiko.

The titles for the 4-Komas are:
Wish, Good morning, Chastisement, Single Life 1, Single Life 2, Dream, Osaka, Question, WOMANCE

I used Google Translate to translated them all but WOMANCE. That was it written that way.

last edited at Dec 16, 2015 11:38PM

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

Wish, Good morning, Chastisement, Single Life 1, Single Life 2, Dream, Osaka, Question, WOMANCE

I used Google Translate to translated them all but WOMANCE. That was it written that way.

Thank you very much for the information, I knew that the epilogue is nine yonkomas in 5 pages, but did not know its contents.

My question then would be whether this book also has a chapter color like the previous volumes?

The other question is, could you do us the favor to scan the most important parts of the volume, particularly the epilogue? Jnko has done this work with previous volumes, but do not know if she intend to do the same with this volume.

As a side note.

Higashiyama Shou was commissioned to illustrate a light novel, which was published on November 21 and it seems that the second part will be published this December. The problem is that this novel is an exclusive of the Kindle Store of Amazon Japan and I could not make the purchase because of a problem I could not solve.

If someone wants to take a look, here is the link to the page of the light novel: https://genron-tomonokai.com/eb/dischronia/

Amazon Japan: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0189Q2CDO

As curious notes.

This work was signed as Higashiyama Shou, but so far has not made mention of it in his personal blog. It seems that this is the first time that Shou is working as an illustrator for a light novel. Furthermore Show has been a longtime collaborator with Genron, before he has been commissioned to design the mascot of the publisher and illustrate and design the covers of some of their magazines, but this is the first time he makes a work of this scale with this editorial.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Thank you very much for the information, I knew that the epilogue is nine yonkomas in 5 pages, but did not know its contents.

My question then would be whether this book also has a chapter color like the previous volumes?

The other question is, could you do us the favor to scan the most important parts of the volume, particularly the epilogue? Jnko has done this work with previous volumes, but do not know if she intend to do the same with this volume.

The book opens up with colored pages.

I can see what I can do about scanning. I don't have my own scanner so I would have to borrow one from work.

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

WOMANCE

"A close but nonsexual relationship between two women" ~Wikipedia

Shou pls

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

WOMANCE

Shou pls

Describing a strong and vibrant friendship between two straight women ~Urban Dictionary

Shou <_<

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

princeinquisitor

As a side note.

Higashiyama Shou was commissioned to illustrate a light novel, which was published on November 21 and it seems that the second part will be published this December. The problem is that this novel is an exclusive of the Kindle Store of Amazon Japan and I could not make the purchase because of a problem I could not solve.

If someone wants to take a look, here is the link to the page of the light novel: https://genron-tomonokai.com/eb/dischronia/

Amazon Japan: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0189Q2CDO

The character on the cover looks like Ran, and for that matter, the Ran-like character looks like she ate every piece of meat in the yakiniku-ya + the Keiko-looking characyer looks pretty cool. that stoic looking stare just oozes "i'm the shit, so ya better watch yer back!"

joined Mar 25, 2013

WOMANCE

Shou pls

Describing a strong and vibrant friendship between two straight women ~Urban Dictionary

Shou <_<

So you're saying yuri is dead? xD

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

RIP!

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

What's dead may never die !

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

The character on the cover looks like Ran, and for that matter, the Ran-like character looks like she ate every piece of meat in the yakiniku-ya + the Keiko-looking characyer looks pretty cool. that stoic looking stare just oozes "i'm the shit, so ya better watch yer back!"

Shou is an obvious victim of the syndrome of only six faces, still love his style of drawing and the illustrations in this light novel is no exception. By the way, could you do me a favor and buy this book ?, my card for some reason do not want to get along with Amazon Japan, if you want I can pay you back by Paypal.

News:

-The first:

Shou recently wrote a new comment on Stretch, below the translation courtesy of Boon:

"The last volume of Stretch has been finally released!
I had to structure it a little differently than the previous ones and there was a lot to consider,
but the extra-work strengthened my emotional attachment to the characters,
and I had a hard time carrying out the finishing touches since I didn't want it to end.

As usual, there is an original chapter at the beginning, and this time, at the end too.
Please read it when you feel like it.

Well then, let us meet again sometime someplace.

Thank you for reading Stretch"

-The second:

In the following link you can see the color chapter of the fourth volume: http://sample.shogakukan.co.jp/bv?isbn=9784091874160

joined Dec 8, 2013

Shou is an obvious victim of the syndrome of only six faces, still love his style of drawing and the illustrations in this light novel is no exception. By the way, could you do me a favor and buy this book ?, my card for some reason do not want to get along with Amazon Japan, if you want I can pay you back by Paypal.

News:

-The first:

Shou recently wrote a new comment on Stretch, below the translation courtesy of Boon:

"The last volume of Stretch has been finally released!
I had to structure it a little differently than the previous ones and there was a lot to consider,
but the extra-work strengthened my emotional attachment to the characters,
and I had a hard time carrying out the finishing touches since I didn't want it to end.

As usual, there is an original chapter at the beginning, and this time, at the end too.
Please read it when you feel like it.

Well then, let us meet again sometime someplace.

Thank you for reading Stretch"

-The second:

In the following link you can see the color chapter of the fourth volume: http://sample.shogakukan.co.jp/bv?isbn=9784091874160

And then they lived happily ever after. ;-;

(I wish I could read Japanese.)

joined Apr 15, 2011

-The second:

the sample is nice. as i scanned over it, i kept hoping there'd be more of a yuri tinge to it; but nope, it's good ol' SoL.

i thought the blossoms page was nice, but i didn't except to see them sitting around drinking and sighing. plus i really am convinced more than ever that Ran is an undercover lush! come on, at the beginning and at the end she's drinking. really? on the last page i couldn't translate the final word and i'm too lazy to go look it up, but this sounds like it's right before Keiko moves/transfers and Ran's getting a little sad. if so, it's rather different from the chapters that were released and might explain why the goodbye game was played. of course, my comment assumes i read that last page correctly.

Lg1wyutq
joined Mar 5, 2015

The colored chapter is really pretty! I love that panel with just the petals and their shoes. Alas, no yuri.

In other news... anyone want the first three volumes of Stretch? They're in perfect condition, and free, provided you pay for shipping. The ending of Stretch has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. :(

joined Dec 8, 2013

The colored chapter is really pretty! I love that panel with just the petals and their shoes. Alas, no yuri.

Just to clarify, this is the "prequel" chapter of volume 4. We don't know what the 4komas at the end of the volume are about, but they very likely reunite at the end, if the titles are any indication (we don't have the scans of the 4komas yet). Whether it's yuri or not, we'll have to wait and see. I'm not overly hopeful, but at least they're hanging out again...

last edited at Dec 28, 2015 9:35PM

joined Apr 15, 2011

Just to clarify, this is the "prequel" chapter of volume 4. We don't know what the 4komas at the end of the volume are about, but they very likely reunite at the end, if the titles are any indication (we don't have the scans of the 4komas yet). Whether it's yuri or not, we'll have to wait and see. I'm not overly hopeful, but at least they're hanging out again...

based on the post above, even if it is not yuri-based, like Shou, these two have grown on me and i am very much interested in their reuniting (if as you suggest that's what the 4komas are about). also, will Shou continue on with the stretching-theme or go another route like yoga for example?

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

At present I have in my hand the fourth volume, also I have a scanner, then I'll see how I can do the scans.

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

The following file are scans of the relevant parts of the fourth volume. Forgive the quality of scans, but it's my first time doing this kind of activity.

https://mega.nz/#!g0BxRR6Y!nxnquODT2GcPPnXHJ2FG0bGLolOFSiQ8l5PLwnrUR90

Technical details.

All pages were scanned color photo mode at 600 DPI and low compression JPEG, besides that the images have not been processed or manipulated. The scanner used was a HP Deskjet 2540.

joined Dec 8, 2013

The following file are scans of the relevant parts of the fourth volume. Forgive the quality of scans, but it's my first time doing this kind of activity.

https://mega.nz/#!g0BxRR6Y!nxnquODT2GcPPnXHJ2FG0bGLolOFSiQ8l5PLwnrUR90

Technical details.

All pages were scanned color photo mode at 600 DPI and low compression JPEG, besides that the images have not been processed or manipulated. The scanner used was a HP Deskjet 2540.

Thank you for this! It's hard to make out but it seems like a situation where the girl who texted Ran and Keiko the picture from the end of chapter 45 knows they are closer than normal friends, and is rooting for them. At least it ends with them together again. :)

Again, thank you for the scans! The quality really isn't bad at all!

last edited at Dec 29, 2015 3:55PM

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

Saeki... Always keepin' it real. She knows what's up with them.
I get the felling that the WOMANCE title for the last strip is supposed to be a joke. A part of me is convinced they are more than that, especially since Ran and Keiko immediately hit it off in their own world upon meeting, with Saeki as the third wheel.
But then, this being Shou...

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Question: If it's marked completed, but there's another volume, what's up with that? I don't get the big picture.

joined Dec 8, 2013

Question: If it's marked completed, but there's another volume, what's up with that? I don't get the big picture.

We're talking about Volume 4, the main chapters of which have already been released and translated. What we're waiting for is the Volume 4 extras. (I made this same mistake. I thought there was a whole 'nother volume coming. -_-)

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

We're talking about Volume 4, the main chapters of which have already been released and translated. What we're waiting for is the Volume 4 extras. (I made this same mistake. I thought there was a whole 'nother volume coming. -_-)

Welp. There goes all my hopes and dreams.

joined Oct 12, 2013

I feel sufficiently trolled.

joined Dec 8, 2013

I feel sufficiently trolled.

Welcome to our pain.

To reply you must either login or sign up.