Forum › Stretch discussion

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Korrasami, minus the last scene, had less hints than this. Heck, even with the last scene, it had less hints than this.

last edited at Oct 15, 2015 4:43PM

joined Oct 6, 2014

Queerbaiting is bullshit. :/

joined Aug 23, 2013

I can't agree with anyone saying this was a good closure to the story. I really miss an epilogue or something like a post-script to the story. Anything that closes it down. It just ends right before the conclusion. Left so many questions unanswered or gave a sloppy answer to it.

The yuri undertones were certainly nice, but the story all together kept me invested. Not the yuri. And here we get the ending chapter with this:

• We never got to see Keiko speak with her mother in person.
  • We never saw Ran coming to terms with the death of her father.
  • We never got to see Ran becoming a doctor.
  • We never got to see Keiko getting along with her new life.
  • We never got to see Ran dealing with being left alone after her best friend moves away
  • No stretching at the end.

Although there were some hints and tidbits about these, but in the end the manga never said anything out loud.

I do expect some recompensation for the vol. 4 extra material... I really got attached to those two, it really feels wrong to "just let them go" like that.

Also if anyone wants to go back and read the chapters like I did here's a fitting song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PdoM5XJxWM.

That's one nice choice there.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Add We never got to see Keiko get closure with her ex, or really show much reaction at all to talking to him, despite it being something hanging over their heads through 90% of the series. Also We never got to see anything that suggested a change in Keiko's work or an increased need to focus on it, which you know, might have made the moving thing a lot less arbitrary.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Add We never got to see Keiko get closure with her ex, or really show much reaction at all to talking to him, despite it being something hanging over their heads through 90% of the series. Also We never got to see anything that suggested a change in Keiko's work or an increased need to focus on it, which you know, might have made the moving thing a lot less arbitrary.

If Stretch were a tv show it feels like we skipped the latter half of the final season.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If Stretch were a tv show it feels like we skipped the latter half of the final season.

Right! That's pretty much exactly how it felt, I was having a hard time articulating what bothered me about the whole thing, from the first realization that she was moving onwards.

joined Jan 22, 2015

While, after some time spent cooling down, I can accept the final chapter I cannot say the I enjoyed the fourth volume as a whole. I've read a lot of manga and IMO one of the worst endings possible is a rushed one. I've seen way too many good series ruined by such an ending.

On the bright side of things I'm looking forward to the fan works that'll be appear over the next couple of years.

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

Rushed ending was rushed.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

yuzichan

im just going to say this, WHO HUGGS THERE FRIEND NAKED.

The chapter does make it kinda very clear that Ran was so drunk she doesn't even remember doing it.

joined Sep 21, 2015

What does it mean END??? I have liked the series. I can bear that they don't end up together because it fits well with the story. But this end is rushed and there have been many omissions in the last chapter that shouldn't have happened...

At least, as they say above, the fact that there are so many things unexplained will allow creative and caritative people to fill all the gaps with lovely yuri stories :)

joined Sep 21, 2015

In the end, the comments were entertaining in their own. :p

I totally agree x_D I was going to say the same: even if I haven't liked the rushed end... it is so funny to read all the angry comments!

Klz1234699998m
joined May 15, 2012

So much time of my life wasted ._. while I really enjoyed the manga till now the ending is...it's just not an ending at all... I could bear with the subtext and or the heterosexualiy of them....but seriously so mandy things still untold.... :(

Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

The rushed ending might not have been the author's fault, in all fairness. I agree though, that it really is quite the shame. The buildup was fucking awesome, and then it tapered out. Hopefully there will be bonus chapters or something...

65752315_p1
joined May 1, 2014

what? I didn't understand anything .-.

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

Flower Flower

;_;

I thought I was over it. I thought I finally had moved on... I'll go cry in a corner now.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Flower Flower

;_;

I thought I was over it. I thought I finally had moved on... I'll go cry in a corner now.

You can check out any time you like.

But you can never leave.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Btw, I didn't read this I just wanted to drop in and remind people of something. Higashiyama Shou is not a yuri mangaka. 90% of what he writes is het lolicon hentai. Prism is not representative of what he normally does. I don't know if you can expect more yuri from him in the future, but, in any case, its not good to assume that whatever he writes is going to be yuri or even yuri-ish... because its usually not going to be. Cheers.

think of it like this: 100% of his non-hentai works are yuri.

Qqqqqqqqqq
joined Jun 26, 2014

Hey guys, so.. this manga END forever?.. or what

Mono_a_2kmc
joined Jul 1, 2014

What was that... T_T

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

But... but... the Honmei Choco...
... the Honmei Choco...
... the Honmei Choco...
... the Honmei Choco...
... the Honmei Choco...
... the Honmei Choco...
...the Honmei Choco...

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

This picture perfectly capsulate why Shou did stretching at the beginning of the manga. He knew he would cause mayhem in the hearts of yuri fans everywhere, by the end of the manga.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

But... but... the Honmei Choco...
... the Honmei Choco...
... the Honmei Choco...
... the Honmei Choco...
... the Honmei Choco...
... the Honmei Choco...
...the Honmei Choco...

JOKE!!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's ironic that one of the biggest threads on this forum is about a non-yuri manga.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

^
To add to that I think people hoped that the manga would end up yuri. that is why there is so many comments about this manga. it just speaks volume that hope is a powerful thing.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Even though I'm super disappointed, it's still one of my favorites on here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.