Forum › Sen to Man discussion

joined Jul 18, 2015

I can totally relate 90% of this stuff with my dad XD
It's funny cause it's true

joined Feb 15, 2013

Damn, Shima just up her level of adorable by one notch...

Like the whole thing about her letting herself slacked off for being cute and that triumph face... is just so childish... I means that was really naughty (the true meaning of the word) of her, you know. But that's what made kid a kid, and made her just that much more adorable....

I don't know. There is this adorableness level coming from her that is so unique comparing to other adorable kids like Rin or Yotsuba. I can't explain

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 12:01PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

^hit your strike zone ...

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I wonder if my friends will let me copy their code.

joined Feb 15, 2013

^hit your strike zone ...

Let's me see.....
- Sexual attrac... No definitely not.
- Desire to glomp... Not entirely, it will just get on her bad side
- Little sister... She will go all tsun on me anyway, no fun
- Daughter... Maybe, but I will hate to watch her growing up, so it fails as a father right there

So I guess she is just a character which I really enjoy to watch over as an outsider. Stalker , maybe? :)

Joking aside . I think most of other loli characters sell-point for me is their innocence or their energetic antic: Rin (Usagi Drop), Yotsuba (Yotsubato!), or Nina (Shirogane no Nina). Shima in this case actually was for her coming-of-age attitude. Like she is quite mature so her view point on everything is interesting. But she's also fairly childish and it's funny to watch.

last edited at Sep 21, 2015 11:42AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

So much for maturing... But yeah, she's cute, I'll give her that. XD

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

That chapters was so cute and funny at the same time xD Their father-daughter dynamic is just so great.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

God, this chapter. Some people just can't resist shitting on other people's good time. And nail polish bought in a 100 yen store is hardly luxury or waste.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

God, this chapter. Some people just can't resist shitting on other people's good time. And nail polish bought in a 100 yen store is hardly luxury or waste.

I agree. That father is a bit of a dick.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I kinda agree that the father was quite a dick. Stop destroying your daughter's short moment of joy. Can't you see how exiting she was (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

But then honestly, he's the guy who raised his daughter by his own. Who probably sacrificed any potential love life, and slaved himself under corporate machine day in and out to raise his daughter, and still give her endless love. And she grew up to be such a fine young lady as well. So I guess he has the right to be a bit of an ass

On the chapter, Shima in first page was so adorable.... The way her mouth was drawn especially.

last edited at Oct 5, 2015 9:58AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Chapter 17 is out already. Why 16 wasn't updated here yet?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

16 and 17 are out there. I suggested it to be updated by using the form, but I guess uploaders have other priorities.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

16 and 17 are out there. I suggested it to be updated by using the form, but I guess uploaders have other priorities.

And you know, might actually have real lives during the Christmas season.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan posted:

Chapter 16 is out since november 25, but I'm sure that is the Christmas' fault as well.

last edited at Dec 25, 2015 1:12PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Or they could wait until they get permission from the new scan group that is doing them.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

GendoIkari posted:

Or they could wait until they get permission from the new scan group that is doing them.

I don't know that. Nezchan could say it instead of being dick as always. Also they are only joining with other group. It is still the same group doing scanlation.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This counts as "other priorities". So your statement is null and void.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

With that last chapter, always wonder if Nami might misunderstand things and cause trouble for Shima's father.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Wow, that went from cute to dark really fast. Starting to gets Centaurs Worries PTSD flashbacks.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

Wow, that went from cute to dark really fast. Starting to gets Centaurs Worries PTSD flashbacks.

whats that dark about it? besides the parents fighting?

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

omg... this is kind of dramatic...

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Didn't realize this series was on Dynasty. I reviewed it, actually:

https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/06/20/sen-to-man/

I think this series is quietly brilliant. Lots of subtlety in regards to some very serious issues, kind of like how Stretch worked. Also like Stretch, most of the time it's pretty good/lightly funny slice of life. Good stuff.

joined Jan 11, 2015

Oh fuck chapter 10 got me all torn up

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Some people may hate me for this but I'll say it anyway. No good reason to ever hit your child. I don't care what your situation is. There is no correlation between beating and long term child success, and all the parent is achieving is making their own kid more likely to emulate their parenting style when they are an adult

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Some people may hate me for this but I'll say it anyway. No good reason to ever hit your child. I don't care what your situation is. There is no correlation between beating and long term child success, and all the parent is achieving is making their own kid more likely to emulate their parenting style when they are an adult

Not sure about that. And I don't mean "I'm not sure it's not okay to hit your child in the FACE" (as happened in this series), but spanking? Eh. Myself and my sisters turned out fine after it. Anecdotal, sure, but I don't have much else.

That said the dad regretted hitting her immediately, obviously was like "oh shit, I shouldn't have done that", and his daughter actually overplayed the injury. He's not the sort to use that kind of punishment, and it was probably a rookie parenting mistake.

To reply you must either login or sign up.